• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Macho Man will always be the GOAT rapper in pro wrestling.

tumblr_ml5u9iZxQi1r3u4cho4_250.gif

Alucard

Banned
What do you think about Jericho becoming IC champ again?

It be nice if he could put someone over that is actually going to be someone.

I think Jericho has come back to put Miz over. And Bray. Although I think Jericho will beat Miz on Raw and then get beaten down by the Wyatts.

jmdajr

Bryan is a bigger real life Hippie than CJ will ever be.

Yet..I don't hate him.

edit: Bryan would probbaly frown upon my life style though.

gurudyne

CJ Parker's not my favorite wrestler in the world, but I want to see what his character direction looks like in the ring. Hopefully, he's got something creative after so many weeks of just protesting in the crowd.

Ithil

Wrestle Kingdom 7 vs Low Ki and Kota Ibushi in a triple threat, and Best of the Super Juniors 2012 vs PAC/Adrian Neville, off the top of my head. Devitt is great.

Hey I just want to take a kind of litmus test here outta curiousity but

Triple H is pretty dang great, right?

I was lapsed from about 2001/2 - 2014 so I didn't see all that, I hear he was a bit of a fucker like Cena has been, but when I left he was the best heel and when I came back he was the best heel leading up to the great Wrestlemania match.

So what are people's thoughts?

H's has been great in everything involving Bryan, especially the match at Mania. However, some of his stuff before that was brutal - most notably, wasting Brock on him twice and the whole 'vote of no confidence' shit when he was GM, or whatever.

The Authority angle has been the most I've enjoyed H's in years, but a good part of it is due to Stephanie. She's really taken well to the Vince role.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I was lapsed from about 2001/2 - 2014 so I didn't see all that, I hear he was a bit of a fucker like Cena has been, but when I left he was the best heel and when I came back he was the best heel leading up to the great Wrestlemania match.

This year has been really good.

I think he's awesome now, but those last few DX runs really tainted him.

2014 has been his turning point.

Until this year he has basically just been fucking around and everything he was touching went to shit.

God bless CM Punk bailing and Batista falling flat. Who knows how bad things would have gone if those things didnt happen.

Ideally he should have done his heel turn years ago with Punk though. It would have been great.

Yeah, people like to praise Triple H now but he was insufferable and incredibly damaging to the product up until it became clear he needed to lose to Daniel Bryan.

FyreWulff

Thought he was an asshole, but he's good as a big picture guy and has delivered when he's finally in the role of getting his business over instead of getting himself over. Years ago I wouldn't have expected him to see him do what he did for WM30.

Also, we can tell he's doing good because he's obviously getting sabotaged by Vince's old hands.

I think once Vince dies in the ring (he's not retiring), and HHH has total control, you're really going to see the WWE take off.

Until then, you just get to a glimpse of a HHH-led WWE by looking at NXT.

are you telling me triple h was a face or something before this year?

how is that even possible? he's the ultimate bad guy.

Up until Summerslam, he was a face. He then turned by making Orton the corporate champion over Daniel Bryan. He would then be semi-heel guy saying a lot of shit and "burying" people including Bryan but never get his comeuppance. It was awful. Then the Authority were tweeners for a while. It was worse.

Literally the night after the Royal Rumble was the turning point.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

He wasn't really, he just was more annoying and a pain in the ass in a lot of ways instead of finally hitting his grumpy groove. A lot of his work reminds me of Tenryu's, but in a way, more technical and American (obviously).

He was a face from like, 2005 to last year. When he still in the ring regularly it wasn't so bad, but towards the end with the Sheamus, Taker, CM punk, and Brock feuds it was really insufferable.

jmdajr

Lots of people were pretty upset when he called Punk a skinny fat ass.

I think history now will have a different view though.

Top Bottom