• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Sokantish

I don't get you guys, like a week ago you said they were drawing the feud out too much, and now you guys are saying they're ending it too early! What's going on?!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I don't get you guys, like a week ago you said they were drawing the feud out too much, and now you guys are saying they're ending it too early! What's going on?!
I never said that they were drawing it out too much, but instead, that they weren't doing anything to move the storyline along. I said that it seemed like they had only one month's worth storyline and they were trying to spread it into more months, but that doesn't mean that I want it to end quickly. Instead, I want the weeks spent with REAL storyline advancement.

somedevil

Yeah, it funny I think its fine if its coming to a head at Money in the bank. Its the same as the complaints awhile ago that the title was a hot potatoe and now that Punk has the title for 7 monthes he has had the title for too long.

I cheer Drew but he's relegated to Dark match squashes against Brodus Clay.

It's gotta be someone that gets regular airtime, like Sheamus. Basically, I think we need volunteers to like Cena, Sheamus, Christian, and CM Punk ( I think those are the only faces that get consistently put on tv). They'd have appropriate avatars and would be like a bunch of Soulplayas pretending to like these wrestlers, posting about them, going apeshit when they're on tv, talking shit to everyone when they win, and post pics and gifs.

Just to diversify the thread a little more.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Yeah, it funny I think its fine if its coming to a head at Money in the bank. Its the same as the complaints awhile ago that the title was a hot potatoe and now that Punk has the title for 7 monthes he has had the title for too long.
The complaints aren't that Punk has held it for too long, it's that his long reign has been uninteresting, for the most part.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
It's gotta be someone that gets regular airtime, like Sheamus. Basically, I think we need volunteers to like Cena, Sheamus, Christian, and CM Punk ( I think those are the only faces that get consistently put on tv). They'd have appropriate avatars and would be like a bunch of Soulplayas pretending to like these wrestlers, posting about them, going apeshit when they're on tv, talking shit to everyone when they win, and post pics and gifs.

Just to diversify the thread a little more.
You people still think that this is a gimmick?!?! LOL!!!

And I'm not the only one!

Worst: Destiny Promised To Watch The Entire Show With Me This Week And Offer Running Feedback For The Column But Bailed As Soon As Kane Got Pinned And Went To Bed

Just putting this out there. Destiny’s new routine is as follows:

1. Join me on the couch when Raw starts, instantly start talking about how she wants to see Kane.
2. Hangs around until Kane shows up, gets excited for Kane.
3. When Kane is on-screen, she starts explaining all the things she’d write for Kane if she was in charge of wrestling (i.e. “Kane should have a girlfriend who dresses like Kane”, “Kane should drive a car that looks like Kane”).
4. When Kane gets pinned (or leaves the screen), she gets listless and wanders away, or starts multitasking.

So last night’s show was TERRIBLE for her, because Kane showed up almost immediately, only to quickly lose. No build-up, no time for ideas and no pay-off. She didn’t even stick around long enough to see him break up with a girl he wasn’t dating, like he isn’t a kayfabe f**king rapist murderer.

WWE, if you read this, put all of Kane’s matches in the overrun, and mention that Kane will be appearing later on every 10 minutes throughout the show so my girlfriend will watch Raw in its entirety.

Read more: http://withleather.uproxx.com/2012/06/the-best-and-worst-of-wwe-raw-62512#ixzz1yxMDcgnL

McNei1y

Well, it is! The triangle was the same thing week after week. We had, what, 3-4 shows of AJ coming out and screwing Kane over? Now, this week in one show, they had so many events happen in that storyline. It's weird pacing.

Mengetsu

More Smackdown Spoilers:

* Jack Swagger got on the mic but ended up getting laid out by Jerry Lawler to a big pop from the crowd. This was likely a dark segment.

* Santino Marella and Christian defeated Cody Rhodes and David Otunga to qualify for Money in the Bank.

Entropia

No One Remembers
More Smackdown Spoilers:

* Jack Swagger got on the mic but ended up getting laid out by Jerry Lawler to a big pop from the crowd. This was likely a dark segment.

* Santino Marella and Christian defeated Cody Rhodes and David Otunga to qualify for Money in the Bank.

Oh..

Fuck. This. Company.

RBH

More Smackdown spoilers:

David Otunga told Evansville that he wouldn't leave without flexing a few times. He was stopped by Triple H, who let Otunga pose a few times and then Pedigreed him. This is unlikely to appear on TV. Booker T got a shot in after Otunga spilled to the floor and then got in the ring and did the Spinarooni. Also, the only shirt they are sold out of is the pink Dolph Ziggler shirt.

In a backstage segment, Daniel Bryan talked to A.J. She killed it with her performance again.

5. Ryback beat a pair of local wrestlers. They jobbers were billed as being from Henderson, Kentucky, which got massive heat. There was a very loud "Feed Me More" chant that broke out, which was awesome.

Teddy Long announced that he will be the general manager for next week's Raw and Smackdown television shows. He said Antonio Cesaro and Aksana will team up to face Layla and The Great Khali on the live Smackdown.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I don't believe you. I don't believe that this is real.
Oh, yeah?

Kane_II_by_AvrilDC.jpg

RBH

Another MITB participant revealed:

David Otunga told Evansville that he wouldn't leave without flexing a few times. He was stopped by Triple H, who let Otunga pose a few times and then Pedigreed him. This is unlikely to appear on TV. Booker T got a shot in after Otunga spilled to the floor and then got in the ring and did the Spinarooni. Also, the only shirt they are sold out of is the pink Dolph Ziggler shirt.

In a backstage segment, Daniel Bryan talked to A.J. She killed it with her performance again.

5. Ryback beat a pair of local wrestlers. They jobbers were billed as being from Henderson, Kentucky, which got massive heat. There was a very loud "Feed Me More" chant that broke out, which was awesome.

Teddy Long announced that he will be the general manager for next week's Raw and Smackdown television shows. He said Antonio Cesaro and Aksana will team up to face Layla and The Great Khali on the live Smackdown.

Backstage, Daniel Bryan tries to get on AJ's good side and says he knows a doctor who could help her because that's what people that care about each other do, they help each other. She says yes, yes, yes.

MITB qualifying match:
Tensai def Justin Gabriel

Another MITB participant revealed:

Backstage, Daniel Bryan tries to get on AJ's good side and says he knows a doctor who could help her because that's what people that care about each other do, they help each other. She says yes, yes, yes.

MITB qualifying match:
Tensai def Justin Gabriel

Just like that, Smackdown MITB ruined

I hate how that fucker name drops his girlfriend in his column, like we're going to fucking run a background check on him to make sure he actually has a girlfriend.

I love his column, I read it ever week but yea he mentions her a lot haha.

To be fair my GF started watching wrestling a few months ago (WM) and every time I mention something she said on here I stop and think oh am I gonna get hassled for 'dick stealth I have a GF post' shit? lol when its genuinely not..... as sad as it might sound she's just honestly the only real life person I know who I can 'talk wrestling' with and so naturally I would bring her silly thoughts or stories back up here on wrasslegaf with my online friends.

*group hug*

I am all right with one big guy in the MitB match. They have their own kinda sports in the match, and can help the smaller guys (
I SAID SMALL
) look great - Henry and Kane did it in previous years.

MitB is looking terrible though. Looks set to be the biggest step down in quality of any PPV from the previous year

lol, yeah one person ruins a match. I'm not happy with it either but I'm not over reacting like you usually do when it comes to the WWE.

Ugh, it's
Christian, Santino, and Tensai
so far. The Raw one is Cena, Big Show, Kane, and Jericho. Both of these are shit. How is this an over reaction?

somedevil

Ugh,
it's Christian, Santino, and Tensai so far
. The Raw one is Cena, Big Show, Kane, and Jericho. Both of these are shit. How is this an over reaction?

You should spoil that because some people here don't want to be spoiled. The raw one is average. Also for smackdown your missing two people who are good to add and
Christian
is great to have in the money in the bank. I'm fine with the other two. Last year had filler with Justin Gabriel, Slater, Swagger and Alex Riley.

RBH

7. Sheamus defeated Dolph Ziggler and Alberto Del Rio in a Triple Threat match to retain the World Hvt. Championship. A good TV main event with good near finishes. The actual finish came when Ziggler had Del Rio rolled up, but Sheamus hit him with the Brogue Kick. Sheamus threw Del Rio out of the ring and then pinned Ziggler.

smh

Top Bottom