• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
modhole stomping, vertical suplex, louthez press, double elbow drop, stone cold stunner
44438097.jpg

Yeah, but that's because Bret had his brother take him out with a piledriver so people wouldn't see what a hack he was in comparison to Steve Austin. Ever seen a pre-broken neck Austin match?

All I'm saying is that without the title involved neither of them will get the same exposure as they have now. They won't spend 3 backstage segments on them and 2 in front of the crowd every week (or twice a week).

And why does it have to lead to them fighting? It's not like Bryan would look weak in the ring with her, he'd just look stupid.

AJ and Bryan will not retain the focus by themselves, Vince doesn't care about spending TV time on a storyline that doesn't involve Cena or the 2 main titles. Look at the IC title, Cody Rhodes barely gets any build and it's not because he is incompetent. This is far beyond Bryan and AJ's talent.

I specifically said it didn't have to lead to them fighting, but it would be the only reasonable way Bryan could "win" the feud.

I think I also stated pretty early on that this was more of an ideal world/fantasy booking scenario, to keep them both relevant as the title focus shifts off of them. In reality they're more likely to go with the worst option, so I imagine AJ and Bryan will end up together.

McNei1y

That happens to be the one that I like the most.

Same.

Reasoning: Bryan seems to be the one that cares the least about her AND AJ seems to only be screwing Kane over for Punks benefit. Bryan's just in the triangle because she was with him earlier.

G-Fex

as much as the WWE is in PG Era.

There has never been as much sexual tension as there is now.

And it seems to radiate around AJ

Novid

Banned
When brothas accept NTR over real behinds, yall know theres a problem.

If AJ had a true Otaku (Fujoshi) gimmick it would be awesome. But no. This is PG, Linda got to get to D.C. at any costs, and Cena will not allow a girl to sell more merch than him. Alpha male shows her the ropes and she just aceept her role as a toy to Cena's privates than the biggest thing since Miss Eliesabeth.

Smackdown spoilers:

AJ is the guest ref for the title match at MITB

And Damien Sandow beat Ryder to qualify for MITB

I just want to reiterate my prediction that Cesaro will win MITB (that's not a spoiler).

somedevil

Interesting details for the beginning of Smackdown:

Layla defeated A.J. in a non-title match. Daniel Bryan showed up and chanted "Yes!" which distracted A.J. and cost her the match. While Bryan and A.J. argued and dueling "Yes!" chants occurred, Vickie Guerrero showed up to massive heat. Vickie announced that A.J. would be the guest referee at Money in the Bank. She also announced that qualifying matches would occur to determine Money in the Bank match competitors. Zack Ryder vs. Damien Sandow is up first.

edit: beaten by seconds

Mengetsu

Dark Match:

* Brodus Clay beat Drew McIntyre

SmackDown, Airing Friday:

* Layla defeated AJ Lee with help from Daniel Bryan. Bryan came out chanting YES and AJ was distracted, allowing Layla to get the win. Bryan called out Vickie Guerrero and demands AJ be banned from ringside during his WWE Title match against CM Punk at Money in the Bank. Vickie announces AJ will be the guest referee for the match.

* Vickie announces Money in the Bank qualifying matches for tonight and next week. The first is up next.

* Damien Sandow defeated Zack Ryder to qualify for Money in the Bank.

WTF?!!

Edit: Wow lol

Yeah, but that's because Bret had his brother take him out with a piledriver so people wouldn't see what a hack he was in comparison to Steve Austin. Ever seen a pre-broken neck Austin match?

yeah i know its cause of his broken neck. just saying once you hit big time you get 5 moves of doom and you could still tell Cena sucks

SoulPlaya

more money than God
They are making it TOO obvious that
AJ is with Bryan. It's like they just sped up this storyline really fucking fast, lol.

somedevil

They are making it TOO obvious that
AJ is with Bryan. It's like they just sped up this storyline really fucking fast, lol.

Not really, because if you believe what Meltzer says the result of there match is obvious because of what he is reporting.

edit: I see for smackdowns money in the bank they are making up for Raws because the next winner was
Tyson Kidd

So like, TNA, had been going along fairly nicely. Sting is still the bestest evaaar and Roode is actually a pretty cool champ. They have lots of things going on, some of it is interesting enough.

But geez that last segment lol. Wtf? Admittedly I wasn't sure what they were gonna do with it before hand, its a messy story to imply but at least it was an interesting one to put up for possibility. Especially when her husband came out I was like ooo.

But now its just WTF, wtf is this? *shakes head* Again most the other stuff going on is still ok but wow @ this angle.

McNei1y

It really seems like Vince just said, "Fuck it, end this now."

I have mixed feelings about
AJ being the special guest ref. It should be interesting and all, but I don't want Bryan to be screwed over. If he loses, I want him to lose a fair match. Not one with CrayJ as ref.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I have mixed feelings about
AJ being the special guest ref. It should be interesting and all, but I don't want Bryan to be screwed over. If he loses, I want him to lose a fair match. Not one with CrayJ as ref.
I think he's winning. Either that or
Punk wins due to AJ interference, and Punk gets mad at her, pushing her to Bryan.

It felt weird when Vickie was being nice to Ricardo. Like he was actually a human being and was just trying to do something nice before someone else ruined it.

He should stop wearing Del Rio undies and put hers on..... wait, what?

ecurbj

So I guess the thread is shifting into SmackDown results then?

I'm saying this because I haven't watched Smackdown and I don't want to read any spoilers.

Top Bottom