• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Khrno

tumblr_m69zslfmwH1rsbivgo1_500.gif

Since Cena is never wrong and keeps referring to it as a suitcase I propose they change it to a suitcase after he inevitably wins it, every time he has a good opportunity to cash it in it will cut to cena somewhere at a nearby baggage claim having a nightmarish situation trying to retrieve his case, or he runs out on stage trying to wheel it down the ramp but it keeps falling over and he misses his opportunity while trying to pull it up from the side of the stage, I think this fits WWE's comedy style pretty well if I say so myself.

Eventually he'll cash it in during Punk's entrance by riding the suitcase down the ramp midway through and causing a devastating impact.

Ithil

Since Cena is never wrong and keeps referring to it as a suitcase I propose they change it to a suitcase after he inevitably wins it, every time he has a good opportunity to cash it in it will cut to cena somewhere at a nearby baggage claim having a nightmarish situation trying to retrieve his case, or he runs out on stage trying to wheel it down the ramp but it keeps falling over and he misses his opportunity while trying to pull it up from the side of the stage, I think this fits WWE's comedy style pretty well if I say so myself.

Eventually he'll cash it in during Punk's entrance by riding the suitcase down the ramp midway through and causing a devastating impact.

red-luggage_300.jpg

This can be the new RAW case.

Do you think Cena is going to do up his case RVD style? WWE can make it a new product to sell to the foolish Cenation fans, a green Cena MITB case with his grinning cartoon face on the side and a motto on the other.

Khrno

- WWE has updated their buyrate for WrestleMania 28 in their monthly business indicators. The preliminary buyrate is now between 1.1 and 1.2 million buys, down from the most recent estimate of 1.21 million. The first-reported number by the company was 1.3 million.

- The company also has a preliminary buyrate for Over the Limit. While the number is skewed due to the WM28 adjustments. , the company is listing it as more than the 2011 edition but below the 2010 edition.

- The WrestleMania 28 DVD has sold 175,000 units in the first two weeks of it being available. WWE's monthly business indicators reveal that the DVD is in first place already, while the Rock's DVD from February is tied with Steve Austin's November DVD with 147,000 units shipped in the last nine months.

XenoRaven

Or he can create a new move where he drops it on Punk from some unknown location, then proceed to land on top of the suitcase, which is still on Punk, and punch the suitcase until it explodes for some reason. It will be called...Ring Roller Da.

Khrno

Do you think Cena is going to do up his case RVD style? WWE can make it a new product to sell to the foolish Cenation fans, a green Cena MITB case with his grinning cartoon face on the side and a motto on the other.

But if he does that, and it becomes a best seller, then Cena won't be able to cash it.

That would actually be a good thing, they can just make him keep it until WM and cash it on Dwayne, who just beat Bryan for the title at the EC.

Ithil

But if he does that, and it becomes a best seller, then Cena won't be able to cash it.

That would actually be a good thing, they can just make him keep it until WM and cash it on Dwayne, who just beat Bryan for the title at the EC.

Bryan having been the champion since MITB of course, giving the title back to back long reigns.

Or he can create a new move where he drops it on Punk from some unknown location, then proceed to land on top of the suitcase, which is still on Punk, and punch the suitcase until it explodes for some reason. It will be called...Ring Roller Da.
Sounds hilarious if anything, i'd be up for this.

Alternatively the case is filled to the brim with years of various Cena t shirts, he bludgeons his opponent with the case bursting it open and they get buried under a pile of sweaty fruity pebble shirts for a submission victory.

Cena can win both MITB cases, one to cash in and one to keep for merchandising.
I feel unwell for even joking about that.

Khrno

Bryan having been the champion since MITB of course, giving the title back to back long reigns.

Of course, Bryan for Champion at MitB!

Nocturnowl said:
Cena can win both MITB cases, one to cash in and one to keep for merchandising.
I feel unwell for even joking about that.

He can just beat the winner of the other MitB match before he gets released, just like Edge did with Kennedy. I mean, he's not going to let Edge and Jericho be ahead of him, he'll cash on both titles and be an unified champion.

XenoRaven

I would also like to make up stories about Ryback.

Ryback is actually a huge Mortal Kombat fan. His phrase "Finish It" is a play off of "Finish Him". He says it's a tribute but the truth is the phrase is copyrighted and he can't legally use it.

When Ryback says "feed me more" he doesn't mean he wants more people to fight. He's actually just super hungry. That's why he's always so irritable when he comes to the ring.

One fateful day, Goldberg had stolen all the food in Dream Land. Kirby traveled all throughout Dream Land fighting Goldberg's minions. When he finally reached Goldberg's lair, they had a match in front of thousands of Waddle Dees and Waddle Doos. Kirby was victorious and ate Goldberg to steal his powers. However, Goldberg's warrior's spirit left Kirby unable to transform back into his old self. So, in a quest to find a way to overcome the spirit of Goldberg, Kirby moved to earth, changed his name to Ryback, and became a WWE wrestler.

Khrno

Bryan is still going at it. The Ryback must have done something last night to make Bryan go on twitter just to take the piss.

One fateful day, Goldberg had stolen all the food in Dream Land. Kirby traveled all throughout Dream Land fighting Goldberg's minions. When he finally reached Goldberg's lair, they had a match in front of thousands of Waddle Dees and Waddle Doos. Kirby was victorious and ate Goldberg to steal his powers. However, Goldberg's warrior's spirit left Kirby unable to transform back into his old self. So, in a quest to find a way to overcome the spirit of Goldberg, Kirby moved to earth, changed his name to Ryback, and became a WWE wrestler.

Remember the time Vince broke the WWE title into pieces and gave the pieces to the top wrestlers in the company to save the WWE universe from Undertaker's nightmare title reign but Ryback foolishly pieced the damn thing back together and nearly doomed us all? what a fool!

Or the time he was about to dine on his steroids which were suddenly stolen by a jobber faction and he destroyed the entire roster trying to get them back.

Some CHIKARA news;

. Four new participants for the Young Lion's Cup X - in Portland, ME on July 28th at 'The Great Escape' Kobold & Jivin' Jimmy will compete in a YLC 4-man Elimination match, while in Everett, MA on July 29th at 'Give 'em the Axe' JT Dunn & the young up and comer ACH will compete in a YLC 4-man Elimination match.

. Also in Everett, MA on July 29th, the CHIKARA Campeonatos de Parejas The Young Bucks will defend their titles against The Throwbacks (Dasher Hatfield & Mr. Touchdown) in a 2/3 falls match!

. Finally, Sara Del Rey challenges Eddie Kingston to a match for the CHIKARA Grand Championship; http://www.chikarapro.com/blog/6-27-2012.php

Wow, excited at the prospect of Sara vs Eddie, that match could prove to be seriously awesome. I love how well CHIKARA have built up Sara Del Rey to be a threat, even against a guy the size of Kingston.

Random notes from the Observer Newsletter, May 1st, 1995;

FMW;

As of the weekend, reportedly only 50 tickets of the 41,000 put on sale remained for Onita's last stand on 5/5 at the Kawasaki Baseball Stadium. It's the same stadium he's already sold out twice before for legendary matches against Terry Funk and Genichiro Tenryu on that date the two previous years. It's an advance sale that rivals the best in wrestling history, for a show that on paper defies logic that it could be such a major event. And at press time, nobody even knows the card.

NJPW;

The next tour, the first one after the Fukuoka Dome, will be 5/25 to 6/14 and Arn Anderson and Steve Austin will be on it.

Steve Regal got a strong push as New Japan is attempting to make him a modern-day Billy Robinson type, including a win over Wild Pegasus in Kagoshima.

The tour ended on 4/23 in Okinawa, where Antonio Inoki appeared doing an interview saying that the winner of his match this week in North Korea against Ric Flair would get a title shot at Hulk Hogan's WCW title in the United States. This leads me to believe that Flair is going over in Korea, and will return the favor to Inoki in January at the Tokyo Dome. Inoki would have rather worked this same job-and-job program with Hogan, but you know the problems in putting that together.

Weekly Fight was the only major weekly to report that WCW had already announced Muta as IWGP champion even though the match doesn't take place until 5/3. We'll see if that causes Riki Choshu to change the finish, as New Japan has done that in the past.

Satoshi Kojima is now training with Joe Daigo in Calgary after leaving England.

SMW;

A few house shows over the weekend headlined by Tracy Smothers & Dirty White Boy vs. The Gangstas. Killer Kyle missed the weekend since he's on National Guard duty and the Rock & Roll Express are going to be gone for a few weeks with Ricky Morton doing the injury angle so they worked some Northeast indie dates.

The Batten Twins worked title matches with Al Snow & Unabom this past week.

UWFi;

A sign that the bull market when it comes to the Japanese wrestling scene is over was the UWFI's disappointing attendance on 4/20 at Nagoya Rainbow Hall for its Super Vader vs. Nobuhiko Takada world title match. The match, which had been heavily promoted locally and in the wrestling media, drew a reported 8,100 fans (about 6,000 paid) in the 12,000-seat arena. This had to be a major disappointment since the two had been kept apart since August, when Vader won the title. The first meeting of the two, where Takada retained the title, on December 5, 1993, drew a sellout of 46,000 at a Tokyo outdoor baseball stadium.

Takada regained the title in 15:40 via knockout after a series of punches and high kicks to the head. Virtually everyone raved about the match saying it was by far the best of the three matches the two had done (which is no small praise since the second match was excellent) and some were saying it was the best match in the history of UWFI. Many people were crying (even those who worked in the front office) because the emotion was so strong in the closing moments.

Vader, who only has two matches remaining on his current UWFI contract, which supposedly pays him $35,000 per match, did all he could to put Takada over strong (and some would say in an attempt to get a new contract) doing his first "knockout" loss since becoming a superstar in Japan in late 1987. The loss was a positive for WCW becomes it allows Vader to politically be able to do a job for Hulk Hogan, something his status as a world heavyweight champion in Japan wouldn't allow him.

WCW;

No deal has been reached between Sabu and Eric Bischoff. Bischoff offered Sabu a spot as Brian Pillman's top foe in the cruiserweight division (which is back on the books) but Sabu didn't want to be typecast as a cruiser because he thought once he was given that label that they'd never let him be a headliner. Sabu made a major play for the U.S. title since that was the same title (well, same name, not the same title) that his uncle was famous for holding.

Rick & Scott Steiner have agreed to work three PPV shows starting with the 6/18 Great American Bash in Dayton. Steiners turned down ECW which wanted to do six-mans with Steiners & Tazmaniac vs. Benoit & Malenko & Douglas in Florida.

Bobby Heenan was really "on" on the 4/22 show. Show itself was the typical dreck but the Heenan comedy was his best in months.

Dory Funk canceled out of the legends match against Wahoo McDaniel on Slamboree because of Japanese political problems as far as not wanting to appear on a show with a New Japan influence with Muto defending the title and several other New Japan wrestlers at ringside.

WWF;

Latest rumor has it that Chris Candido & Tammy Sytch will be using the name Skip & Sonny as heel exercise gurus.

Monday Night Raw on 4/17 (Hart & Yoko vs. Kid & Holly) drew a 3.4 rating so the show is on its best ratings run to date. Action Zone did a 1.8 and Mania 1.3 the same weekend.

On the live Raw show from Omaha (5,800 in the building; approximately 4,000 paid with tickets $8 and $4 for kids which most were very happy with the turnout because Omaha doesn't get any local syndication), Lawler started building up for his to-be-announced match with Hart. Bam Bam Bigelow got a hell of a shiner on the German tour. TV main was Diesel defending against Bigelow. Match went 17:00 and was really bad (3/4*). No doubt both guys were burned out from the flight back from Germany (they acknowledged Diesel having flown back that day but ignored that Bigelow had as well) because neither had any fire and Diesel looked unusually clumsy.

somedevil

I found this news from the 2012 Observer interesting:

One person noted that while Austin Aries is a polarizing figure in the company - loved by those in charged, liked personally by a lot of the talents but also disliked by many and also a person that some people don't like having matches with for various reasons - Roode is the opposite in that all of the wrestlers not only like him personally but they love working with him in the ring. The TNA writing team is also high on Roode, particularly head writer Bruce Prichard.

Is Austin Aries been a polarizing figure in the back? Also, why wouldn't people want to have matches with him? He seems to be a safe worker and no Ryback.

Aiii

So not worth it
I found this news from the 2012 Observer interesting:

Is Austin Aries been a polarizing figure in the back? Also, why wouldn't people want to have matches with him? He seems to be a safe worker and no Ryback.

From what I remember from various dodgy sources: Supposedly his arrogant character is in line with his real personality. Some people feel his showing off takes away from the match and he doesn't do enough for the opponents in his matches, instead putting himself over only.

But dirt sheet, even Observer, news is almost always wrong or only partially correct.

RBH

An alleged WWE intern is answering questions about the WWE on Reddit right now:

Ask me anything. I will answer any and all questions that don't violate the contracts I signed getting this internship. I love my job too much =)

Here is a photo of my computer screen. http://i.imgur.com/wGqm4.jpg

Let me know if you need anything else, but this should suffice I think. I don't want to post any photos of me or too many of the building, as that is frowned upon.

This is my first AMA (Ask Me Anything), so I'm not sure exactly how much proof you guys will need.

Anyways, I will have a reddit tab open on my work computer all day so I should be able to answer most any question that doesn't violate my contracts (Insider trading, storyline stuff, etc.)

A cool part of my job is that I find out plans for the WWE way in advance, so I might be able to shed some light on things such as the 1000th RAW or Summerslam, as long as they aren't spoilers ;)

If I'm missing anything, please let me know (politely), I hope to give an informative and entertaining AMA.

EDIT: Just so everyone knows, we refer to the "wrestlers" as "superstars" or "entertainers" =)

I should also mention that I trained to be a "superstar" for a year with an indy promotion. So ask me about that too if you want!

Basically, I am the eyes and ears of the WWE on dirt-sheets and competitive analysis. I go through the internet and find out what people are saying about WWE, its programs, and its upcoming network. I also keep an eye on UFC, TNA, and boxing updates. I look at what other companies are doing marketing wise, and think of how WWE could put their own spin on it. I maintain a PPV Competitive Calendar that compares buyrates in our industry. My current big project is creating a database that contains information on EVERY WWE PPV EVERRRR!! It's taking a while, but is an important task. My work is going to be shown to the VP of something or other, so I'm proud of that.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/vojjk/iama_intern_at_wwe_world_wrestling_entertainment/

wGqm4.jpg

RBH

WRESTLEMANIA BUYRATE DROPS
by Dave Scherer @ 10:33 AM on 6/27/2012

In WWE's latest update of financial indicators, the number of buys for WrestleMania has dropped to about 1,150,000, after originally being projected at 1.3 million. They are still about 100,000 buys ahead of the 2011 show but the bloom is kind of coming off of the rose here.

The Elimination Chamber show only did about 170,000 buys, way down from the ~300,000 that it did a few years ago. It looks like the once-promising concept has been hurt by the lack of legitimate top tier talents entering the two main matches.

Extreme Rules, featuring the WWE PPV return of Brock Lesnar, is holding at about 250,000 buys, which would be around a 20% improvement over the previous year's show.

The early number for May's Over The Limit show is about 150,000 buys, which would be its lowest number of the last three years.
http://www.pwinsider.com/article/69682/wrestlemania-buyrate-drops.html?p=1

Top Bottom