• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

somedevil

The X-Division stuff will be good, Aries/Roode will be great and even though it is done a bit much Styles/Daniels will be good because it is a LMS and those two always work well together. Joe/Angle will be good but I wonder if the ten minute time limit will hurt that match.

They changed the match time limit from 10 to 15 minutes now. Also, Styles and Daniels have been feuding on and off since October 2011.

Kaladin

True, but we can always hope for one of SMV's miraculous 24hr DVD production turn-around's. Even ROH have got it down to a month now, whereas Gabe seems to think VOD replaces the need for timely DVD releases - the last DGUSA DVD released was from November, and the last EVOLVE DVD from January!

VOD kind of does remove the need for super fast DVD releases. It allows them to do some mastering and extra work on the cases and bonus stuff instead of just pushing it out there.

Khrno

Come on, Khrno, if you're talking about the current AJ stuff, this isn't a Punk feud. Hell, I can't even remember the last time Punk did or said anything of consequence in this whole stuff, storyline wise, in months. Unless, of course, you think goat face is substantial.

Punk/Nash/HHH took up a lot of time, then it was Jericho/Punk that started off well, then became terrible. Bryan/Punk started off well, then it became Kane/AJ, and now it's AJ/Bryan featuring Punk.

Punk doesn't matter.

Just because someone is in a secondary role in a movie that doesn't mean that they weren't part of it.

VOD kind of does remove the need for super fast DVD releases. It allows them to do some mastering and extra work on the cases and bonus stuff instead of just pushing it out there.

There's still a number of customers who prefer DVD releases, I see them complaining about it on forums and hassling Gabe on twitter, and then there's others, like me, who will put up with VOD for events they couldn't/didn't want to watch live, but would prefer to buy DVDs if they were released a month or so after the show, rather than months and months down the line.

Maxine confirmed her release on twitter. She says she didn't ask for it to go to another wrestling company so looks like we won't be seeing her on TNA any time soon. Looks like she wants to try the acting/modeling thing again until that fails.

Khrno

n44fX.gif

Kaladin

There's still a number of customers who prefer DVD releases, I see them complaining about it on forums and hassling Gabe on twitter, and then there's others, like me, who will put up with VOD for events they couldn't/didn't want to watch live, but would prefer to buy DVDs if they were released a month or so after the show, rather than months and months down the line.

I think they're still trying to find the right formula between iPPV/VOD/DVD releases. No one really has it right.....SMV is close with Chikara but that would really be tested if Chikara did more iPPV events.

In 2012, only one Wrestling Show will have Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli, and Tyler Black on it with in the space of three weeks. NxT.

Long live NxT. The best Wrestling has to offer!

Only just noticed Brodie Lee in the background of Bray Wyatt's NXT promo!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnQi7Yt1sKA

Brodie & Bray would make for an AWESOME pairing.

Also, seems KENTA's return match on 07/22 will be against Naomichi Marufuji! And the latest generation of the Von Erich family will make their NOAH debuts on the same show, taking on the Australian duo of TMDK.

I think they're still trying to find the right formula between iPPV/VOD/DVD releases. No one really has it right.....SMV is close with Chikara but that would really be tested if Chikara did more iPPV events.

Definitely, and SMV obviously have it easier, as they're selling DVDRs with sticker covers, not fully authored DVDs, but still, if PWG can get it down to a month, it's ridiculous that it's 6+ months since the last DGUSA show was released on DVD.

Kaladin

Definitely, and SMV obviously have it easier, as they're selling DVDRs with sticker covers, not fully authored DVDs, but still, if PWG can get it down to a month, it's ridiculous that it's 6+ months since the last DGUSA show was released on DVD.

I agree, but PWG also doesn't offer iPPV/VOD either.

Kaladin

The problem with NXT is that it doesn't even officially air anywhere in the US, so no one outside of the IWC is seeing Seth Rollins, Kassius Ohno, Dean Ambrose or Bray Wyatt. These guys are actually getting less exposure than before because NXT doesn't even legally air in small markets of Florida anymore.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Brace yourself for all the monumental action of the explosive holiday celebration: SuperSmackDown LIVE: The Great American Bash, Tuesday, July 3 at 8/7 CT.

Huh.

Khrno

Looks like this was posted already earlier in the thread, but (Metal cap) Batista is going to be in an awesome looking movie:
http://ca.ign.com/videos/2012/06/28/the-man-with-the-iron-fists-red-band-trailer-debut

RZA vs Cowboy Russell Crowe vs Lucy Liu vs Metal Batista
Day 1.

Yeah, looks like an amazing movie, can't wait!

Here's a youtube version.

Too many great SDs lately, so Vince had to step up and bring the quality to Raw lows.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Entropia

No One Remembers
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/vssml/reddit_this_is_me_the_newly_hired_chrome/c57bpn0

Lol

The same damn thing happened to me my friend. A few days ago I posted an AMAA about my internship at WWE under my happysquare316 account. Some guy claiming to be Joey Styles commented that I should delete the post. I did, and any comments I made because I didn't want to lose my internship. Yesterday at around 1PM I got a call from WWE saying that my "blog" was a violation of the contract I signed and therefore my contract was terminated. I've had a hard couple of hours dealing with it. But I realize it is my own damn fault. I shouldn't have made the AMAA. It's sad because I apparently inspired a lot of people that they can achieve their dream jobs, but I lost mine. Some guy even gave me a month of Reddit gold because I inspired him so much. I also generated a lot of interest for the product and its upcoming milestone shows.

Basically, Reddit. As much as you might love your new job, and as excited as you may be to share your love with the community, don't EVER post ANYTHING about your job online. It's just not worth it. It really isnt...

Good luck my fellow future endeavored. I hope you find a new dream job and learn from this mistake...I sure have. Live and learn.

Approaching October 2000 on my wrestling re-watch (which is basically watching any wrestling I can find in chronological order), however I'm mainly excited about getting to 2001 as the amount of indy wrestling available explodes.

RBH

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/vssml/reddit_this_is_me_the_newly_hired_chrome/c57bpn0

Lol

The same damn thing happened to me my friend. A few days ago I posted an AMAA about my internship at WWE under my happysquare316 account. Some guy claiming to be Joey Styles commented that I should delete the post. I did, and any comments I made because I didn't want to lose my internship. Yesterday at around 1PM I got a call from WWE saying that my "blog" was a violation of the contract I signed and therefore my contract was terminated. I've had a hard couple of hours dealing with it. But I realize it is my own damn fault. I shouldn't have made the AMAA. It's sad because I apparently inspired a lot of people that they can achieve their dream jobs, but I lost mine. Some guy even gave me a month of Reddit gold because I inspired him so much. I also generated a lot of interest for the product and its upcoming milestone shows.

Basically, Reddit. As much as you might love your new job, and as excited as you may be to share your love with the community, don't EVER post ANYTHING about your job online. It's just not worth it. It really isnt...

Good luck my fellow future endeavored. I hope you find a new dream job and learn from this mistake...I sure have. Live and learn.

ibmtV44QlsqO9t.gif

What a dumbass.

Top Bottom