• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic GAF |OT| The Park is closed, the World is open

Jurassic Park was a fun game to play once and move on. The QTEs and puzzles are generally stupid, the story alternatively engaging and tedious to pad out the gameplay. There are flashes of some really solid gameplay here and there (there's a point where you have to figure out how to get out of this crossroads, and I didn't realize initially that there's actually a time limit before the dinos catch you—really tense and worked great.)

Yeah, that's about in line with what I expected/knew of it.

I actually have the first episode on PC through a random promotion Telltale did. Well, somewhere, maybe. For some reason the download link and everything is missing from my account for... Some reason? Same with my episode 5 of SBCG4AP.

I'll pick it up on 360 sometime.

I thought I had misplaced this but found it exactly where I had left it (in a box full of random cables and other electrical doodads in my attic).

20160605_2251435ul19.jpg
TLW watch from Burger King, 1997 around the film's release.

I tried looking for it when I posted the rest of my JP collection earlier in the thread.

Edit: it was meant to be vertical but you get the idea.

I just re-watched Jurassic Park.

Honestly I never really had the opportunity to hugely appreciate the movie as much as it deserves (never saw it nor the sequels in theaters).

It's pretty much a flawless action-adventure. The T-rex/jeeps sequence is incredible.

Jawmuncher

I recall having all the watches at one point. Wish I still did. Really hope the marketing for Jurassic World 2 in terms of merchandising is a big deal this time around. All we got last time were paper Dairy Queen cups.

I want to see some plastic cups at a fast food place, some hard plastic slurpee cups, and some sort of swag associated with it.
Hell just give me the marketing TLW had. That movie got merchandising right. It was absolutely every where. You had juice, cereals, toys in cereals, promo items, etc

Booser

The scene in JP3 where the Pterasaur emerges from the mist is one of my favourite images from any of the four films.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The only context is what you see there. A completely vague hint of something in a Sony E3 topic.

Also, I just processed the Sony part. If a good Jurassic game ends up being PS4 exclusive, fuck everything.

I dont understand how anyone can read something Jurassic Park related out of this.

Camwi

Jurassic Park was the only good movie of the bunch to me. The Lost World had the worst scene in the history of cinema (gymnastics), Jurassic Park 3 was forgettable, and Jurassic World was just dumb. The scene at the end where the Raptor and T-Rex were practically making out was just too much for me.

Camwi

You know this guy didn't have to stop running. I feel for him.

orzCZ6F.gif

The more I stare at that gif, the worse it looks to me. Why is there a pause when the raptor hits the guy? The full weight of a raptor jumping on a person would've sent him straight to the ground.

The only context is what you see there. A completely vague hint of something in a Sony E3 topic.

Also, I just processed the Sony part. If a good Jurassic game ends up being PS4 exclusive, fuck everything.

I won't lie, I have been slowly mentally preparing for the possibility of a Jurassic World PS4 exclusive VR experience.

It's been a while since I heard rumblings about a larger Jurassic VR experience, but I definitely had heard them before.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The more I stare at that gif, the worse it looks to me. Why is there a pause when the raptor hits the guy? The full weight of a raptor jumping on a person would've sent him straight to the ground.
Most effects look shitty the more attention you give to it

I don't see a pause, I see them flying towards the camera on impact.

Boem

what the fuck...JPlegacy is shutting down... :(

Wow, that's surprising. Especially because they've always been active during the years when there wasn't really anything related to JP coming out, and now the franchise has been kickstarted again, with new movies coming, new merchandise/possibly games and that cartoon series.

Edit: This is their announcement on the forums, slightly more elaborate than the one on the main page:

Ladies and gentlemen, fans of all ages, ethnicity, background, and level. I am here to deliver the most heartbreaking of news. This site... it's been a part of some of us for over a decade. It's been a home, and a sanctuary, for many of us, and a place where many of us learned our first facts of the franchise. However, I am grieved to say... that this Jurassic June... will be our last. Due to circumstances out of the Staffs control, we will be shutting down Jurassic Park Legacy effective June 11th, 2016. The Staff expresses our deepest disappointment, and apologies in this. So many projects left unfinished, so many fans and friends departed. This site has been with myself since I was 12. The Encyclopedia was my first interaction with the online Jurassic Park community. So, this Jurassic June, let us all, together, and for the last time, remember this great site for all the enjoyment we had together. All the fun times. This site will remain in the fandom history as one of the greatest, most impacting and most wonderful fansites the fandom had ever had the privilege of experiencing. I am truly sorry. It has been a true honor to have known you all. I have made so many lasting friends here, so many that I will miss. I don't know as many of you half as well as I would like, but I you'll all join me in saying farewell to this great site. I loved this place, and the five good years I've spent here. I love the work I was able to accomplish here. I love the friends I have made. I love Jurassic Park Legacy, and it's not been in the least easy to write this tonight. I know I had dreamed of enjoying this website for many years to come, but I suppose that was not meant to be. For the reason of my love, I will be personally finishing the Jurassic Park Legacy Jurassic June campaign, including the hashtag #RememberJPLegacy. You may follow the last of us on there. If this is to be our end, then I would have us make such an end, as to be worthy of remembrance.

Signed,

David G. Kowalski

Journalist, writer and fan

Thank you all.

'Circumstances out of our control'. No idea what that could mean.

Edit2: Looking at the forums some more it seems to be because of people growing tired of it because of weird internet fights happening in the community. The usual depressing internet stuff. Such a shame.

Also, they're not just going to stop updating, they're taking the entire site offline. So if there's anything you want to download/save, you should do it now.

Sucks about JPlegacy, went there a lot around the release of JW. Actually did not know about that site until more recently, which is weird since I've been a member at JPtoys since 2003.

Gifs ruin many scenes because you focus on the one snippet over and over again.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Gifs ruin many scenes because you focus on the one snippet over and over again.
Its like when people post pictures of good stars who were shot in the wrong moment by a camera and dont look that good to point out that these people are ugly.

I would ban people who do this when I would be mod...

Jurassic Park was a fun game to play once and move on. The QTEs and puzzles are generally stupid, the story alternatively engaging and tedious to pad out the gameplay. There are flashes of some really solid gameplay here and there (there's a point where you have to figure out how to get out of this crossroads, and I didn't realize initially that there's actually a time limit before the dinos catch you—really tense and worked great.)

I feel like that's being generous. I watched a friend play through all five episodes, and I found it pretty offensive. There are SO many bad scenes, so many weird leaps in logic, etc.

The tranq dart bringing the thief lady instantly to coherence and consciousness

Raptors that somehow forget that they can climb

The mercenary outstalking a Raptor and killing it with a knife

The fact that Jess isn't mentioned as being a kleptomaniac until like the third or fourth episode, and its never brought up again

Those are the four that stick out in my memory but I remember thinking at the time that it was remarkably cheesy and extremely poorly written

Fuchsdh

I feel like that's being generous. I watched a friend play through all five episodes, and I found it pretty offensive. There are SO many bad scenes, so many weird leaps in logic, etc.

The tranq dart bringing the thief lady instantly to coherence and consciousness

Raptors that somehow forget that they can climb

The mercenary outstalking a Raptor and killing it with a knife

The fact that Jess isn't mentioned as being a kleptomaniac until like the third or fourth episode, and its never brought up again

Those are the four that stick out in my memory but I remember thinking at the time that it was remarkably cheesy and extremely poorly written

Eh, I enjoyed it for what it was. Got it for $10, played through it and 100%'d it, then moved on. Definitely wouldn't have paid full price for it, and it was definitely a disappointment in terms of TT's other similar games, and the promise of the setting and how detailed they were reconciling it with the movie.

Jawmuncher

Jurassic Park the game is like a interactive version of the comic line from the 90s. Which to me isn't a bad thing.

Top Bottom