• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World |OT| WARNING! Safety Not, uh, Guaranteed | RT: 71?!%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superflat

Even as a kid I always had trouble deciding who was cooler. Grant knew about the dinosaurs, but Malcolm had the cool factor going for him along with the black clothes. Even today I don't think I can choose one over the other even taking into account TLW and JP3.

As a kid I always saw Grant as the cool one, because he was a dino expert. But as an adult, there's no contest that Malcolm was the hotness.

Even as a kid I always had trouble deciding who was cooler. Grant knew about the dinosaurs, but Malcolm had the cool factor going for him along with the black clothes. Even today I don't think I can choose one over the other even taking into account TLW and JP3.

Malcolm is funny but I think I'd get annoyed in person by him real fast, and Grant would probably just ignore me.

So Grant.

As a kid I always saw Grant as the cool one, because he was a dino expert. But as an adult, there's no contest that Malcolm was the hotness.

See for me it was more like as a kid Grant was the cool one, and then as a teenager Malcolm was just so edgy and slick, but then I became a grown ass man and realized naaah Grant is totally the dopest.

I really want to go see this Saturday, but lack of scores SO close to release just screams a toxic red flag. That usually only happens with the worst type of movies, the ones so bad they aren't even good in a "bad" sort of way.

Hoping I'm wrong. Hell I'll go see it anyway but my optimism of this living up to even the sequels is greatly diminished now.

If anyone's been to an early screening, could you tell us how good (or bad) it is? A PM would suffice too if there's some legal reason preventing you from mentioning it outright.

Please tell me what's so ridiculous about velociraptors on motorcycles. Grant himself said that they would be the dominant species of Earth instead of humans if they weren't wiped out. Who's to say they wouldn't have had raptormobiles, raptorcycles, and raptorgoogle in 2015.
I thought this was Jurassic Park, not Cadillacs and Dinosaurs.

Yeah, my optimism's dead. This better be a beautifully funny mess.

Most of the characters in JP1 were also thin and cliché.
Yeah but the actors made them fun thin cliches.

Thanks for the impressions man. It doesn't sound like it's bad per se - just "safe" or meh.

How would you compare it to JP2 or J3?
Better than either I guess. The last sequence is better than anything in 2 or 3 that I can remember.

2 was just such a let down. That movie is a thorn in my side that I can't stand. Probably because they had two T Rexes wishbone the nice dude in the group. That shit is supposed to be saved for the worst bad guy. I just hated that movie.

World is entirely safe. Too safe. I've been spoiled after Mad Max. You start something up again, it better be worth it. This was not.

yc7FYsRh.jpg

Jp is my favorite movie of all time. I love TLW. Hated Jp3. Yes Enjoyed and loved TLW. This looks shit.

you can not tame dinos that is same level of no no as feathers. I hope i am wrong about this movie.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly don't think it will be as good as TLW. The kids are probably worse than Kelly combined.

Kelly kind of annoyed me (and I won't even get into 3), even though she was understandable. Of course, she was represented by the 2 kids in TLW novel. Lex and Tim of course, made the most sense (even though Tim was pretty useless and almost died 3 times in the movie), but I HATED Lex from the book and her "let's play baseball!!" in the middle of a crisis. Always felt weird.

pel1300

I knew this would turn out bad when I heard how close the embargo was to the release date.

Truly good blockbusters almost never have a strict embargo close to release day.

Avengers Age of Ultron had an embargo because the studio knew that while it wasn't terrible, it wasn't nearly as good as the first one. They knew it would get a mostly positive, but slightly disappointing reception.

Gravidee

People were expecting rave reviews, so yes, it was a bad thing.

Lol, who? I don't think anyone was expecting rave reviews for this movie, especially NeoGaf. The movie has pretty much gotten nothing but hate from here since the teaser trailer back in November.

Kelly kind of annoyed me (and I won't even get into 3), even though she was understandable. Of course, she was represented by the 2 kids in TLW novel. Lex and Tim of course, made the most sense (even though Tim was pretty useless and almost died 3 times in the movie), but I HATED Lex from the book and her "let's play baseball!!" in the middle of a crisis. Always felt weird.

I like Kelly as a character. I hate her as a gymnast. That scene makes basically no sense as shot. She starts swinging before she knows the raptor can even get up there.

But her "You need to get me away from the dinosaurs" reaction is pretty great. Is a reaction no one else seems to think about having.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I like Kelly as a character. I hate her as a gymnast. That scene makes basically no sense as shot. She starts swinging before she knows the raptor can even get up there.

But her "You need to get me away from the dinosaurs" reaction is pretty great. Is a reaction no one else seems to think about having.

Yeah the gymnast thing didn't help her character at all. I think JP will just forever always have annoying kid characters. But you're right, wanting to get away from the teeth and claws, especially with wanting to get high up above the trees, was the best idea anyone had in that movie.

*Goes off to watch TLW* 3 is tomorrow. Yay. :p

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Twitter people, so grain of salt, but it makes me happy that people are enjoying it.

No kidding!

Just saw Jurassic World, scary good fun ;)

You know a movie is good when you’re fully willing to pay to see it again after you just saw it for free.

Just saw Jurassic World. Amazing.

Saw Jurassic World @ North Park screening 2nite. Fantastic! Puts TLW & JP3 to shame.

Saw #JurassicWorld! It lives up to the original. Great special effects, lots of action, funny moments. @prattprattpratt is perfect in it

Some snippits :) THERE IS HOPE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom