• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justice League vs Teen Titans: First look of full cast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, idk. It's still a Lobdell shop, so the writing is pretty clunk, but they're a fun pair. Bash brothers and all that.
I wish I could want it, because I like the idea so much, but until someone who knows how to do group chemistry well (Gail Simone, Remender, Peter David) then I'm not gonna be able to read it.
Wasn't that Earth 2 Wonder Woman's kid's origin?
Kind of. Fury was the child of Steppenwulf and Diana, and then abducted by Steppenwulf and brainwashed. Earth 2 Kori was the last of her kind, and then recruited into Darkseid's Furies. Later trained by Barda. Fury wasn't actually a Fury, oddly enough. Just Steppenwulf's personal super soldier.

Slayven

Cyborg was best as an alien robot.

i thought you were refernecing this, which happened because the JLA was going to kill him ice cold

ZQuGt4U.jpg

Then I thought about it and realized you meant Hank Henshaw.

Renekton

The film—which will arrive this spring on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD—sends Robin to work with the Titans after his volatile behavior botches a Justice League mission.
Wow Damian joined JLA.

aly

Starfire looks strange. I will always love TT cartoon Starfire, and I hope they recognize thats a big reason for her popularity. Raven looks cool though.

Slayven

What is that?

Cyborg's mind got uploaded to alien death machine, THe JLA wanted to blow it up, but Titans was like fuck that noise

73NZ7Gh.jpg

So they ended up downloading Cyborg into a ship shifting suit of power armor owned by a Titan that appeared in like 3 issues in the early 90s

923183-minion_202.jpg

shingi70

Banned
Cyborg's mind got uploaded to alien death machine, THe JLA wanted to blow it up, but Titans was like fuck that noise

73NZ7Gh.jpg

So they ended up downloading Cyborg into a ship shifting suit of power armor owned by a Titan that appeared in like 3 issues in the early 90s

923183-minion_202.jpg

He looks like a member of the Metal Men.

shoreu

That is like comparing Spectrum to Living Lightening. Sure their powers are in the same neighorhood, but one is just flat out better. But Living Lightening and BEast Boy can both have their due.

I enjoy gar in Teen Titans new run and he's at a good power level for them. But what does he really grow into.

MartyStu

I approve of all of this.

My only problem: Why the FUCK is Barbara still Batgirl?

Oracle was a goddamn adult and so was Simone's nu52(definitely too angsty) Batgirl.

Like Dick, Babs should have graduated to something else entirely by now. Stephenie should be the Batgirl of Burnside.

shoreu

Oracle was a goddamn adult and so was Simone's nu52(definitely too angsty) Batgirl.

Like Dick, Babs should have graduated to something else entirely by now. Stephenie should be the Batgirl of Burnside.

Lol can't take someone else's name.

Shaanyboi

Banned

Apparently this is where Simone wanted her Batgirl to go but was told not to (hence her quitting/firing, and immediate rehiring).

And yeah, this would fit better with Steph, but simultaneously, Batman Eternal was a good Stephanie story to bring her back into the DCU.

Starfire looks strange. I will always love TT cartoon Starfire, and I hope they recognize thats a big reason for her popularity. Raven looks cool though.

I used to work in a comic book store and a lot of people new Starfire from the TT cartoon. Though they might be in for a rude awakening when I sold them the New 52 Red Hood and the Outsiders (it was around the time it just started), because the cartoon Starfire is pretty much an entirely different character than the comics.

73NZ7Gh.jpg

923183-minion_202.jpg
Martian Manhunter seems to be taking this pretty hard.

MartyStu

I used to work in a comic book store and a lot of people new Starfire from the TT cartoon. Though they might be in for a rude awakening when I sold them the New 52 Red Hood and the Outsiders (it was around the time it just started), because the cartoon Starfire is pretty much an entirely different character than the comics.

That has been savagely over-corrected in her ongoing.

It is fine if you completely ignore how she was written in RHatO or the original Titans books.

Renekton

I wonder if Starfire can stand up to Wonder Woman this time. Years ago in TT comics, WW was beating her in a 1v1.

Hopefully they don't nerf her power levels. Her muscular tone gives me some hope.

shoreu

I wonder if Starfire can stand up to Wonder Woman this time. Years ago in TT comics, WW was beating her in a 1v1.

Hopefully they don't nerf her power levels. Her muscular tone gives me some hope.

Like in a fight in new 52? She'd get stomped into the ground ww could arguably beat new 52 supes

MartyStu

As far as I've known, Diana was the better fighter, skill-wise, but Supes has the raw stats.

Yes.

But her stats are close enough that she should be able to take him most of the time.

Some incarnations of superman have cavernous enough gaps that skill cannot bridge, but Wonder Woman mostly does not feature much or at all in those cases.

No. Just no.

You are right. Not curb-stomp. Definitely better than a draw though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom