• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justice League vs Teen Titans: First look of full cast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Bear in mind you're talking someone who doesn't read Western comic books much, if at all. As far as I'm concerned, Starfire in the 2003 TV series is the only Starfire.
TTG Starfire is meh

Like eating a roast beef sandwich and declaring a porterhouse is bullshit.

Mommy Starfire was the best

TTVDDBK.jpg
Didn't their daughter grow up to marry Bruce's son who wasn't called Damien?

09.jpg

Warrior goddess is GOAT.

If they're going to make her virtually naked, why they don't just go the whole nine yards? It astonishes me how comically-skimpy clothing is just fine, but remove those little shreds of fabric and all of a sudden it becomes a big deal.

Teen titans style

latest

I don't understand why Warner Bros. has this incessant need to repeatedly change the art style away from Glen Murakami's anime-influenced masterpiece.

This style of Teen Titans was perfect. Why can't we get more animation like this?

I get that wavvy, longish locks are Dick's thing but his hair just looks really off and unflattering in that photo. It's strange line-up, like they're trying to combine the Teen Titans and Young Justice cartoons plus Damian all in one.

What have they been doing with Wonder Woman in New 52? I recall seeing a scan of Batman showing Supes his contingency plans for all the League, except there was none for Wonder Woman because "she has no kryptonite" so Superman would have to be the contingency plan. Have they been making her more powerful overall, as well?

Shaanyboi

Banned
What have they been doing with Wonder Woman in New 52? I recall seeing a scan of Batman showing Supes his contingency plans for all the League, except there was none for Wonder Woman because "she has no kryptonite" so Superman would have to be the contingency plan. Have they been making her more powerful overall, as well?

Batman's contingency for WW was using a lasso of illusions on her so that she'd see herself killing Batman, but really, he'd just ran off and she was standing there in a daydream.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I don't understand why Warner Bros. has this incessant need to repeatedly change the art style away from Glen Murakami's anime-influenced masterpiece.

This style of Teen Titans was perfect. Why can't we get more animation like this?

Because that style worked for that show and that show alone. It doesn't fit with anyone else.

shoreu

If they're going to make her virtually naked, why they don't just go the whole nine yards? It astonishes me how comically-skimpy clothing is just fine, but remove those little shreds of fabric and all of a sudden it becomes a big deal.

She's kinda always dressed like that Glen's design is not the norm for the character. Also Young Justice and DCAU animation is far superior to the Teen Titans style.

She's the God of war now and can access her full god powers if she takes off her bracers. She's beaten a few of the gods in combat and Defeated Faora in combat to save Superman.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I haven't read any of the new Batgirl comic but I've heard it was really good. One of the best things that came out of the New 52. If these pages are examples of that then I might have to pick up a trade or two in the future.

It's fun. Far from my favorite, but I'd easily recommend it if people were interested.

She's the God of war now and can access her full god powers if she takes off her bracers. She's beaten a few of the gods in combat and Defeated Faora in combat to save Superman.
I have no idea where DC gods are supposed to rank power-wise. Like Marvel gods like Thor and Odin I have a pit more of a handle on. I never remember hearing of anything particularly noteworthy from DC gods that would put that in context.

shoreu

Terrible, she's early twenties, and shouldn't be acting liking Shes 30.

???? How does she act 30? Also She is a bat not some random ass girl in college. Like she's been through more shit than some old people and kept it together.

I have no idea where DC gods are supposed to rank power-wise. Like Marvel gods like Thor and Odin I have a pit more of a handle on. I never remember hearing of anything particularly noteworthy from DC gods that would put that in context.

Depends on which ones your talking about. But generally all the Greek gods are > superman.

It's not one of the best things to come out of the new 52, but it's still pretty good.

It also didn't come out of the new 52. It's a couple of years later.

fwiw.

My god change your avi back i didn't even notice this was you !

Nah, she is right where she should be.

Every incarnation of Wonder Woman should be able to curb-stomp Superman.

Heck naw. If Wonder Woman can beat Superman is a no-holds-barred, no handicaps or kryptonite fight then he isn't Super anymore and DC needs to change his name.

shoreu

I had no problem with her or that costume, the book just wasn't that enjoyable after a while.
Steph should be the current Hipster Batgirl if anyone imo but just doesn't work with the Bat name imo.

I loved that version of her when she crosses over with the bat family and how much she shines along side them. Like she really took well to Bruce's training

ikr

I might change it back. Or at least find a new Jaime one.

You gotta stay blue beetle bro it's how i know it's you.

Heck naw. If Wonder Woman can beat Superman is a no-holds-barred, no handicaps or kryptonite fight then he isn't Super anymore and DC needs to change his name.

How could he possibly hurt her without losing several limbs?

Shaanyboi

Banned
Sooo I'm guessing Jay Oliva isn't directing this? Maybe is given one, or at most, two fight sequences to storyboard. But he seems to be super busy with boarding for live action now. Looks like he's working on Wonder Woman and Thor 3 now, plus is probably just wrapping up directing Bad Blood. His work on BvS and Deadpool was probably done awhile ago.

Guy is a damn master when it comes to staging action - he's a huge influence on my work.

Heck naw. If Wonder Woman can beat Superman is a no-holds-barred, no handicaps or kryptonite fight then he isn't Superman anymore and DC needs to change his name.

Superman can hit real hard, but Wonder Woman knows where to hit hard. That's always been the difference in her favor.

shingi70

Banned
???? How does she act 30? Also She is a bat not some random ass girl in college. Like she's been through more shit than some old people and kept it together.

Depends on which ones your talking about. But generally all the Greek gods are > superman.

My god change your avi back i didn't even notice this was you !

That Gail Simone run was depressing as hell. Give super dope hipster Babs any day. She lives in a tendy part of Gotham that's like williams burg, and she goes to a cool college and all her friends work at start ups. It's awesome.

shoreu

That Gail Simone run was depressing as hell. Give super dope hipster Babs any day. She lives in a tendy part of Gotham that's like williams burg, and she goes to a cool college and all her friends work at start ups. It's awesome.

So you prefer her because of her new attitude. I can't really fault you for that.

But, she's been through so much Getting shot in the spine, finally getting healed then believing that she murdered her little brother while being hunted by her own father. I don't think people change that easily. My complaints come from how much she changed out of no where and it feels like that new 52 barbara I started with is gone.

I loved that version of her when she crosses over with the bat family and how much she shines along side them. Like she really took well to Bruce's training

You gotta stay blue beetle bro it's how i know it's you.

How could he possibly hurt her without losing several limbs?

How could she possibly hurt him without getting frozen and zapped to death? Wonder Woman is less durable than Supes so she's getting limbs seared off if he's serious.

karasu

Superman can hit real hard, but Wonder Woman knows where to hit hard. That's always been the difference in her favor.

This is oversimplified. Superman has years of fighting experience okay and he's fought way tougher opponents. I'm sure he knows where to hit someone. Martial arts aren't magical.

MartyStu

How could she possibly hurt him without getting frozen and zapped to death? Wonder Woman is less durable than Supes so she's getting limbs seared off if he's serious.

Well, if we are talking about 'being serious', Wonder Woman is probably packing a shield, sword and possibly body armor.

Wonder Woman taking Superman is essentially a significantly less egregious example of Batman taking Superman.

Come to think of it, just like BvS, the argument is just as pointless.

Renekton

This is oversimplified. Superman has years of fighting experience okay and he's fought way tougher opponents. I'm sure he knows where to hit someone. Martial arts aren't magical.
Writers sometimes like to portray Supes as inadequate at H2H when power levels are normalized, e.g. Injustice with Alfred <__<

karasu

Writers sometimes like to portray Supes as inadequate at H2H when power levels are normalized, e.g. Injustice with Alfred <__<

shitty ones do that. True.

Well, if we are talking about 'being serious', Wonder Woman is probably packing a shield, sword and possibly body armor.

Pfft a sword. I'm sure he spends his time flying through stars, saving galaxies, fighting mongul and doomsday, to finally be shook by a sword and some outdated greek martial arts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom