• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 3 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

Been watching the last season of 24. Was surprised to see that Limehouse is the director of CTU. He has nice teeth on the show.

Great episode.

I need to go back and read some recaps of previous seasons, though. I feel like I've missed something between Ava not wanting Boyd involved with anything bad and this season's back-to-shootin'-folks Ava.

Ava kicking ass and taking names in the episode. Her actions tonight went a long way to solidifying the link between her and Boyd. Even with Raylan's advances and him reminding of who Body is, she's all in. I don't she has to prove her loyalty or ability to anyone in that crew going forward.

Raylan is the hardest working deputy on TV. He's everywhere, doing everything. Truly a man of many hats. :p

Tanner's explosive demise was a lot better than the car bomb effect. Seeing that thing again made it look even worse.

Eva double crossing wasn't unexpected because it is her character to take care of the other ladies
Eva running the "ladies" house. lol

ok episode, but next episode is going good

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
I'm team Winona, but Ava looked mighty fine this episode. Boyd's speech was great, Goggins is so good. I couldn't help but smile every time Raylan and Boyd cross paths. Ava blasting that scumbag was awesome, love how Ava's weapon of choice is always the shotgun.

Also that next weeks episode is gonna be good.

benjipwns

Banned
Not really important, but thought I'd share since it's sorta related to the series.

My grandmother grew up in the hills of Eastern Kentucky in the 1930-40s before moving away.

A bit ago when seeing her I asked her if she ever went to Harlan County, she responded that it was a bit far and "there's too many criminals" anyway.

Not really important, but thought I'd share since it's sorta related to the series.

My grandmother grew up in the hills of Eastern Kentucky in the 1930-40s before moving away.

A bit ago when seeing her I asked her if she ever went to Harlan County, she responded that it was a bit far and "there's too many criminals" anyway.

How awesome would it have been if right after she said that you heard:

Dm
Dm
Dm
Bweenewnewnewbwewwwww
On this lonely road
Tryin to make it home...

5W3M2.jpg

Alternate version:

Az0jw.jpg

Plissken

If Walton Goggins ever gets tired of acting he would make an amazing preacher, his speeches are always things of beauty. Getting a little worried about Raylan, he seems to be making more enemies than friends these days, but if it results in he and Boyd teaming up to fight some bad guys again it'll be worth it.

Zeliard

Goggins is a fantastic actor. You guys really need to watch The Shield if you haven't. His work in the last few seasons in particular is astonishingly good.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I don't think I've seen an actor relishing his part as much as Neal McDonough since the first season of Spartacus. For being a goody two shoes Catholic you can tell he is having a ball playing the bad guy. and I love him for it.

aku:jiki

Was Quarles supposed to be high in that one scene with Limehouse? With all the giggling, the "mmm," the making fun of his accent and acting weird about the briefcase... But then he was dead sober in the next scene in the same diner. Kinda threw me off there.

Great episode.

I need to go back and read some recaps of previous seasons, though. I feel like I've missed something between Ava not wanting Boyd involved with anything bad and this season's back-to-shootin'-folks Ava.
I need some recaps too... Like why is Winona suddenly pissed again? And are Dickie and Dewey dead now? Those two have just completely dropped from my mind somehow...

I don't think I've seen an actor relishing his part as much as Neal McDonough since the first season of Spartacus. For being a goody two shoes Catholic you can tell he is having a ball playing the bad guy. and I love him for it.
He's doing a damn fine job too! This show has a great casting director. Every decision they make seems perfect to me.

chiba

Goggins is a fantastic actor. You guys really need to watch The Shield if you haven't. His work in the last few seasons in particular is astonishingly good.

I've seen like 90% of the shield, but I'm due for a re-watch. Is there anywhere to watch it in total outside netflix'n or buying the dvds?

I've seen like 90% of the shield, but I'm due for a re-watch. Is there anywhere to watch it in total outside netflix'n or buying the dvds?

not even on netflix yet i don't think; shawn ryan is trying to negotiate the music rights and get the entire series up there.
im sure you could get the entire series for a song nowadays

Cause she's a shitty, schizo character who adds nothing to the show. There, I said it.
she seems pretty underused this season, definitely.
ava finally got some nice screen time this episode.

chiba

not even on netflix yet i don't think; shawn ryan is trying to negotiate the music rights and get the entire series up there.
im sure you could get the entire series for a song nowadays
Thanks, netflix dvd rentals it is then. Would be awesome if it hit watch instant soon.
I checked amazon for the set, cheapest "new" is like 90 bucks, and amazons listed price is over 100. Probably worth it, but a bit more then I want to spend atm.

To end on a happy note, that shoofly pie scene between Quarles and Limehouse was hilarious.
Yost: That’s Neal and Mykelti. They go back to Boomtown together, and they love working together, and they were just sort of throwing stuff at each other. I’ll see how you react, you’ll see how I react. They were just sort of playing. It was in the script, but Neal’s whole take on it and doing his mock Southern accent — just trying to insult the hell out of Limehouse — that was all Neal.

Great scene.

Clevinger

No, they're just in jail.

Can someone explain something to me? At the end of that ep where Dickie is trying to get his mom's money, completely defeated, he asks Limehouse to keep what little money is left and just give him a shotgun instead. And then when Raylan pulls up there's a shot or two. I figured he was going to kill himself, but then he's fine. So did he just not have the nerve to do it? Or was he just angry and shot random stuff?

Can someone explain something to me? At the end of that ep where Dickie is trying to get his mom's money, completely defeated, he asks Limehouse to keep what little money is left and just give him a shotgun instead. And then when Raylan pulls up there's a shot or two. I figured he was going to kill himself, but then he's fine. So did he just not have the nerve to do it? Or was he just angry and shot random stuff?

He knew he was going back to prison for a long time, thought he might as well go back as a badass who killed the two people who abducted him from the prison (or were part of the gang that orchestrated it all). Even though they were killed by Limehouse, Raylan now thinks he did it and so that's what everyone in prison will hear!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom