• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON! Community |OT4| No Music, No Smile!

threshold of cuteness? :D

ihAgXu7Js3Ymk.gif

Articalys

i dont get it

why do they keep milking this shit

are kyoani that desparate
If you're going to point the finger at anybody then point at TBS; they're the ones who want more of the K-On cash. KyoAni is currently getting their main paychecks from their CTFK shows (Chuuni, Tamako, Free, KnK)... I think. UMX can probably correct/clarify me but good luck dragging him into this topic anytime soon, especially with Otakon coming up this weekend.

Oh, and the Amazon Japan listing is now live, at only 30,000 yen.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00MF89TRK/

StayDead

I just laid down an hour ago to give my eyes a rest as they were bloodshot and managed to fall asleep. I just woke up now and now I feel terrible god damn.

Ah nice! I always wanted that Nendo..but I did kinda stop watching the show. I will finish it at some point but gotta be in the mood for something like that.

I knew I was gonna get a reaction on that one lol.

I was only on episode 6 or 7. Not sure what distracted me but I really get into slice of life/comedy shows a lot more.

I will finish it though so don't yell at me to much hehe

You've not gotten to the really good parts yet then.

Hmm maybe I should finish this one soon then.

Hi everybody!

Heya Spy! I have been looking at flight prices and all that fun stuff for Japan :)

I wanna make sweet love to that scene. Too damn cute.

Lewd! lol

K-ON GAF reaction to Snk not staying with Steins;Gate

Lol :p I finish K-On and thought I wouldn't get yelled at anymore....boy was I wrong

i dont get it

why do they keep milking this shit

are kyoani that desparate

If you're going to point the finger at anybody then point at TBS; they're the ones who want more of the K-On cash. KyoAni is currently getting their main paychecks from their CTFK shows (Chuuni, Tamako, Free, KnK)... I think. UMX can probably correct/clarify me but good luck dragging him into this topic anytime soon, especially with Otakon coming up this weekend.

As mentioned, the ones who profit from any video disc (or other merch) are the company called the "Selling Company/Agency/whatever you want to TL it as" (発売元). They/their rep determines how the series will be packaged (singles? how many episodes/volume? box? bonus features? etc) and when it'll go on sale. For K-On!, that company was TBS (and the production committee of Pony Canyon/Movic/KyoAni), but TBS made the decisions to release these BD-Boxes. Their earnings last year w/o K-On! were down a lot, so they're trying to milk all they can from this stone before moving onward. Most of their shows haven't sold well disc-wise (outside of Hidamari), so it's all about making that money back and showing investors its still profitable to fund their Thursday night anime block.

In short, this has nothing to do with KyoAni outside of newly commissioned artwork/commentaries, so it's really unfair to target them.

Top Bottom