• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON! Community |OT4| No Music, No Smile!

StayDead

I'd let her lay down the law on me any day :)

o147PAW.gif

me too

Articalys

So besides the obvious factor of "have it now vs. have it later", what other benefits are there to buying commonly available figures at conventions? Are they actually cheaper prices? Does the lack of any shipping cost offset any potential online discounts?

So besides the obvious factor of "have it now vs. have it later", what other benefits are there to buying commonly available figures at conventions? Are they actually cheaper prices? Does the lack of any shipping cost offset any potential online discounts?

I doubt you'd be saving any money. Convenience is probably the only factor.

Articalys

I doubt you'd be saving any money. Convenience is probably the only factor.
Yeah, I guess so. Though I guess it also gives you the peace of mind of not worrying about it getting damaged in transit you have no control over.
I just noticed that Ritsu has a gun pointed at Nodoka's face. And her finger is on the trigger.

Is this a very special episode of k-on?
The number of artists that actually pay attention to trigger safety is probably a very minor percentage of the whole.

Finally able to get in front of a computer to post. Had to leave the Con earlier than I wanted for a Family emergency...everything seems to be ok for now though thankfully.

Now for the fun stuff, Spy you will hate me but I really didn't take any pictures I did snap a couple on my phone but Mike and Zel have some of us all together for a group shot. Con was packed and a bit overwhelming haha so I just wanted to take it all in seeing as it was my first time to one. It was great meeting Amish, Mike and his Sister, and Zel. Great people just as expected, wished I could have seen ya Parttime! I have never been to a event with that many people lol also there was a Oriels game going on the same day I was there so everything is busy busy busy. Always funny to watch peoples reactions to Cosplay, sadly no K-On cosplay just lots of Attack on Titan and Kill La Kill. Mike was happy to see some Future Diary cosplay though lol.

Picked up two little K-On figures, had to get something to remember from the event. We were able to sneak into a Panel for one of the Key Animators that worked on some of the Evangalion movies, that was really awesome. Had no idea who he was at first since we came in late but once I found that out he had my full attention. So many goods for sale but not a lot of K-On we were all on the lookout but only found the Movie Travel Guide and some random figures (mostly prize figures). Was fun but man that crowd was a bit much lol

I am sore, tired and need to get back to taking care of the Family. Hope you all had a great weekend!

Finally able to get in front of a computer to post. Had to leave the Con earlier than I wanted for a Family emergency...everything seems to be ok for now though thankfully.

I am sore, tired and need to get back to taking care of the Family. Hope you all had a great weekend!

Good to hear!

We're at amish's girlfriend's place now. Heading out into DC tomorrow to take lots of pictures :p

Can check my twitter for some of the Otakon stuff I got pictures of, including that Future Diary group ;)

Now for the fun stuff, Spy you will hate me but I really didn't take any pictures I did snap a couple on my phone but Mike and Zel have some of us all together for a group shot. Con was packed and a bit overwhelming haha so I just wanted to take it all in seeing as it was my first time to one. It was great meeting Amish, Mike and his Sister, and Zel. Great people just as expected, wished I could have seen ya Parttime! I have never been to a event with that many people lol also there was a Oriels game going on the same day I was there so everything is busy busy busy. Always funny to watch peoples reactions to Cosplay, sadly no K-On cosplay just lots of Attack on Titan and Kill La Kill. Mike was happy to see some Future Diary cosplay though lol.

Picked up two little K-On figures, had to get something to remember from the event. We were able to sneak into a Panel for one of the Key Animators that worked on some of the Evangalion movies, that was really awesome. Had no idea who he was at first since we came in late but once I found that out he had my full attention. So many goods for sale but not a lot of K-On we were all on the lookout but only found the Movie Travel Guide and some random figures (mostly prize figures). Was fun but man that crowd was a bit much lol

Glad everything is ok for now...I was thinking about you and your family.

It was indeed great meeting you this weekend, as well as Mike and his sister, Zel and PTW. Hopefully there will be many more meetings in the future. I am very fortunate to have you all as friends.

Incidentally, Mike and his sis are staying with my gf and I for a couple of days. Might even possibly be cooking dinner tomorrow. Stay tuned!

StayDead

It was indeed great meeting you this weekend, as well as Mike and his sister, Zel and PTW. Hopefully there will be many more meetings in the future. I am very fortunate to have you all as friends.

Incidentally, Mike and his sis are staying with my gf and I for a couple of days. Might even possibly be cooking dinner tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Don't poison him please. I like Mike ;;

If Mike's sister starts singing this in the middle of the night you might need to check on what's going on o_o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bjuWIYfqDw

Good to hear!

We're at amish's girlfriend's place now. Heading out into DC tomorrow to take lots of pictures :p

Can check my twitter for some of the Otakon stuff I got pictures of, including that Future Diary group ;)

Thanks a lot guys, I really hated leaving early...but family is very important. Hopefully we can all get together again in the future :)

I guess you decided to avoid the terroristic cat? hehe

i wonder what it's like to meet a gaffer

First time for me meeting Gaffers. They were all awesome, I would love to be able to meet everyone in here sometime.

Miostare.gif

hahahahhaha

Now, now...have a little faith. He might even end up liking my cooking!

How I see the scene with Amish and Mike lol

tumblr_msoeofvkyT1s0daq1o2_500.gif

Top Bottom