• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wortany

O8tAa.gif
Cudg6.gif

Please tell me she raises her hand the bit after the gif cuts off. :/

Fafnir

Anyone playing GW2? Every Soshi/Kpop name has been taken...even Hyoyeon WTF?! I was planning on a Taeyeon or Yoona character...hhmm Giraffe Yoona probably not taken =/

fpyL3.gif

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Im Jin Ah, Imjinah, Nana, Lizzy, Jooyeon, orangecaramel, orange caramel, etc. All taken. So lame. :/ Tried a BUNCH of other names too. ;-;

Fafnir

You guys in the GAF guild? I'll be playing when it actually launches.

I joined the GAF server, but haven't joined the guild yet.

Alt key codes work in the game but I'd rather not use those for my character. Even Gangnam Style was taken lol

I ended up with Shikshin for my female toon.

AjP5H.gif

Anyone playing GW2? Every Soshi/Kpop name has been taken...even Hyoyeon WTF?! I was planning on a Taeyeon or Yoona character...hhmm Giraffe Yoona probably not taken =/

What??? Dammmit, I was planning to make an A Pink character when I get the game next week. Why the fnck are college books so expensive? I'd probably be playing the game right now if I didn't have to buy books for this semester. I've been watching my bro play it and I'm so tempted to get it...

milkham

What??? Dammmit, I was planning to make an A Pink character when I get the game next week. Why the fnck are college books so expensive? I'd probably be playing the game right now if I didn't have to buy books for this semester. I've been watching my bro play it and I'm so tempted to get it...

Not that i'm advocating piracy... but you COULD xerox dem books.

Not that i'm advocating piracy... but you COULD xerox dem books.

Ha, that's one of the things I've got in my mind. I've already found free or very cheap digital copies of the books I need this semester, so it's looking good. It's kinda bullshit though how one of my professors is using a book he wrote and is being sold at $50 fncking American dollars at the bookstore. The fnck is that shit?? I'm not even a political science major but it's a core class and from my estimation, I'm gonna spend $100 bucks just for my political science class. @___________@ I'm pretty much waiting to see how the class works before I spend money for that useless class.

Since I'm getting off topic, here's some Eunji on the set of Answer Me 1997.

Tenck

Ha, that's one of the things I've got in my mind. I've already found free or very cheap digital copies of the books I need this semester, so it's looking good. It's kinda bullshit though how one of my professors is using a book he wrote and is being sold at $50 fncking American dollars at the bookstore. The fnck is that shit?? I'm not even a political science major but it's a core class and from my estimation, I'm gonna spend $100 bucks just for my political science class. @___________@ I'm pretty much waiting to see how the class works before I spend money for that useless class.

Since I'm getting off topic, here's some Eunji on the set of Answer Me 1997.

If a $50 book is making you go crazy, imagine buying a $200 book and spending $400 on books for 3 classes. I still need to buy one more.

Ym1r

If a $50 book is making you go crazy, imagine buying a $200 book and spending $400 on books for 3 classes. I still need to buy one more.

Yeah, I spent $180 on a Math textbook, and $200 on a Microeconomics textbook.

$50 is cheap as hell, and I wish my books costed that much.

vanty

So EXID is basically just Solji singing and LE rapping while the other three dance around and lipsync most of their lines. And it seems like one of those three, the other new member, is supposed to be the #2 vocalist but her voice is so weak they pump up the backing track to hide her.

SOLJI YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Edgeward

So EXID is basically just Solji singing and LE rapping while the other three dance around and lipsync most of their lines. And it seems like one of those three, the other new member, is supposed to be the #2 vocalist but her voice is so weak they pump up the backing track to hide her.

That's how EXID was when they first debuted as well. Yooji did most of the work then too.

I had to pay 90 bucks for a pass to turn in my homework online. Completely ridiculous

Yeah we're doing MyMathlab stuff, and since it's online, you can't turn stuff in to the teacher. Cost me $100 for an access code lol.

Yeah you guys definitely win lol.

What are y'all taking in uni? I took a year of biology and that cost me a lot of money as well, about $500 bucks for one semester. I've switched to audio engineering now and thankfully the books are alot cheaper. The upfront cost was ridiculous, something north of a $1000 bucks but at least I don't use them in only one semester. A couple of the books I had to use for 4 semesters in the succeeding levels of the class and it was awesome I gotta say haha.

And that $50 bucks is huge! That's about 40 days worth of iced coffee from Starbucks... 40 days!

Anyway, Bomi and Chorong showed up as guests in Eunji's drama, Answer Me 1997, as the younger versions of the parents of Shi Won and Yoon Jae. It's hilarious and quite meta as fnck. Bomi's character falls in love with a guy who's like a gorilla. LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBcOjNKm6Jc&feature=plcp

That's the clip, and don't worry much about it being a huge spoiler if you haven't watched the show or episode 9. It's pretty much just showing how those guys came to be.

Deadly

50$ is nothing for a textbook... University textbooks usually go above 100$ easily. The passcode stuff is especially bullshit.

I'm sure there's some shady shopkeepers around your school that sells photocopied books for 20-30$ though. Either that or they operate further away through phone calls. I once got stopped by an undercover cop who wanted to ask me some questions on my way out of said shops. Sure glad I didn't buy anything that day.

Alta1r

Yeah textbook costs are ridiculous. I rented textbooks this semester at half-cost for $150+ each. One of the books I didn't rent was superceded by a new version a couple weeks before the class ended and had a resale value of $0.00 to the school and around $25 on Amazon.

uYvuK.gif

Anyway, Bomi and Chorong showed up as guests in Eunji's drama, Answer Me 1997, as the younger versions of the parents of Shi Won and Yoon Jae. It's hilarious and quite meta as fnck. Bomi's character falls in love with a guy who's like a gorilla. LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBcOjNKm6Jc&feature=plcp

Loll, but what happened to all the mistakenly delivered letters?

Biscuits

50$ is nothing for a textbook... University textbooks usually go above 100$ easily. The passcode stuff is especially bullshit.

I'm sure there's some shady shopkeepers around your school that sells photocopied books for 20-30$ though. Either that or they operate further away through phone calls. I once got stopped by an undercover cop who wanted to ask me some questions on my way out of said shops. Sure glad I didn't buy anything that day.
lmao undercover cop wow

Most of the time you can sell your books though and recover most of the cost. You're screwed if they switch editions though.

TheChits

Yeah we're doing MyMathlab stuff, and since it's online, you can't turn stuff in to the teacher. Cost me $100 for an access code lol.
I feel your pain man.

An undercover cop? That is ridiculous lol

milkham

lmao undercover cop wow

Most of the time you can sell your books though and recover most of the cost. You're screwed if they switch editions though.

This happened to me in calculus, changed editions, but all that changed was the page numbering! the prof gave homework assignments for both editions though which was cool.

Deadly

lmao undercover cop wow
I feel your pain man.
An undercover cop? That is ridiculous lol
Yep. There used to be quite a 2-3 photocopy stores around my school and now there's none. Suppose they wanted those business' shut down asap.

He was a few steps outside the shop and when I passed by him he questioned about it and I asked why he was asking. Then he showed me his badge.

Ha, one of the RA's in one of the dorms did something like this. He charged $5 bucks for a chapter and managed to keep it in business for 3 years until he got busted for weed in his dorm lol.

Loll, but what happened to all the mistakenly delivered letters?

That's a good question. I dunno if this was answered in ep 10 since I haven't seen it, but I would assume the baseball player gave it to the other guy and things went well for both couples.

Btw why don't other dramas with girl group members cameo in the other members shows? You watch shows like Love Rain or Fashion King and none of the other SNSD members cameo in the show, maybe they'll sing for the soundtrack, but you'd never see them in the show. Here on the other hand, only Namjoo, Naeun and Oh "googah" Hayoung are the only ones who haven't had any cameos in the show. Every one else has been on the show lol.

Tenck

Yeah you guys definitely win lol.

What are y'all taking in uni?

Taking Japanese, Math, English, and a class to help with studying tips. All of them except for Japanese are preparing me for Computer Science.

Planning on taking 4 years of Japanese too, so yeah, expensive ;_;

giri

Btw why don't other dramas with girl group members cameo in the other members shows? You watch shows like Love Rain or Fashion King and none of the other SNSD members cameo in the show, maybe they'll sing for the soundtrack, but you'd never see them in the show. Here on the other hand, only Namjoo, Naeun and Oh "googah" Hayoung are the only ones who haven't had any cameos in the show. Every one else has been on the show lol.

Because most of soshi outside of jessica and soyoong have other activities that they invest their time in. See TTS.

Taking Japanese, Math, English, and a class to help with studying tips. All of them except for Japanese are preparing me for Computer Science.

Planning on taking 4 years of Japanese too, so yeah, expensive ;_;

You... need... prep for CS?

Just get in their balls deep son.

Tenck

Because most of soshi outside of jessica and soyoong have other activities that they invest their time in. See TTS.

You... need... prep for CS?

Just get in their balls deep son.

Lol, I need way too much math and I'll be writing a lot. Right now on my spare time just casually learning Python.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom