• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BIGBANG - Until Whenever I heard and love every BIGBANG song but I never heard this one before. It's amazing.
tumblr_m8yn6mLGe91rbywjgo3_500.gif

dokish

Banned
Who is this???

Everyday some beautiful girl pops up in this thread. <3

you guys need to watch this whole video.

My body is...

2413909_o.gif

At 2:19... I want... to see... what's happening...

Get the fuck out of the way.

EDIT: If I commit a crime in Korea, can I ask to stay in jail there instead of being deported? This way at least I have a chance to live there.
From YT said:
Gangbang style.&#65279;

Mengtac 1 dia atrás

The SBS fb page finally posted this. Obviously alot of people are upset that some of the groups from the first batch are not going anymore, but many are skeptical about this show happening again. I don't blame them considering it got delayed twice :/

Either way, between this and BB concert on back to back weekends, it's gonna burn a hole in my wallet :lol

milkham

Am I the only one who doesn't get why those girls are so popular? Nothing really unique or special about them at all. But you see these comments all "omfg this is the greatest thing I've ever seen" and shit as if it's the first YouTube video they've ever seen.

right there with ya vanty

Edgeward

Yups

Anyway, I've noticed SBS finally is uploading their vids in much better quality than that garbage 240p looking quality of before and closer to HD. Doesn't look HD quality yet but still, PROGRESS. Some vids still have heavy artifacting though like the 2nd half of G Dragon's perf. Nevermind, Rania's perf is shit quality too. Fuck you, SBS.

Secret PSA

luso

Girls’ Generation‘s Jessica will be heading back to the musical stage for the first time in two years!

Jessica was recently cast as the role of Elle Woods in ‘Legally Blonde‘, which is expected to be an upgraded version of the musicals run in 2009 and 2010 under the same name. This time, however, the musical has been granted a Broadway license and is able to be run under the official title of ‘Legally Blonde’ instead of the Korean title it had previously run under.

Cast alongside Jessica for the role of Elle Woods also include A Pink‘s Eunji and Choi Woo Ri

‘Legally Blonde’ will begin showing on November 16th through March 17th, 2013 at the COEX Atium Hyundae Art Hall. First round of tickets will open on October 9th!

Confirmed, Jessica again in a musical.
Probably at the same time as the korean comeback? Not the first time but she was overworked at that time during 2010, unless the album is not this year yet.

Also at November there will be a SMTown in Singapore, is not logic to have promotions in Novemeber and interrupt them for a break, at least talking about music shows appearances.

The boys were after Japanese promotions, but again there is still 4 months before the tour, so this year we may still have news, but later then expected.

At least Dokish can buy a ticket to watch it

spink

Yups

Anyway, I've noticed SBS finally is uploading their vids in much better quality than that garbage 240p looking quality of before and closer to HD. Doesn't look HD quality yet but still, PROGRESS. Some vids still have heavy artifacting though like the 2nd half of G Dragon's perf. Nevermind, Rania's perf is shit quality too. Fuck you, SBS.

Secret PSA

why don't you download the hd rips instead of relying on youtube?

JustinBB7

Well looks like Gary's hiatus has already ended lmao:

Jungle Entertainment has told allkpop that Leessang members Gary and Gil have decided to end their hiatus from variety shows.

Gary and Gil announced earlier this week that they would be leaving SBS&#8217; &#8216;Running Man&#8216; and MBC&#8216;s &#8217;Infinity Challenge&#8216;, respectively, after the cancellation of the &#8216;Super 7&#8216; concert.

Leessang released the following statement:

&#8220;Hello, all. This is Leessang. Firstly, we sincerely thank all of you who have made us more mature through your encouragement and scolding. We found it too difficult to withstand the names &#8216;Leessang&#8217;, which we&#8217;ve worked hard on for the past 10 years, and &#8216;Leessang Company&#8217;, which we&#8217;ve started with hopeful ambition, being [put in a negative light], and so we decided to leave the variety industry in order to focus more on our music and concerts. However, because of us, many people were getting hurt, and more than that, we didn&#8217;t want to burden our members, who&#8217;ve always been loyal and stayed beside us; though we&#8217;re ashamed and sorry, we&#8217;ll be returning to the programs. We&#8217;ll give more music, concerts, and laughs to everyone with a better attitude. Rather than asking you to trust us, we&#8217;ll work our hardest so you can. We&#8217;ll pay you back. -posted by Leessang (Gary & Gil).&#8221;

Gil will be participating in this week&#8217;s filming of &#8216;Infinity Challenge&#8217; on September 29, while Gary will be present for the October 1st filming of &#8216;Running Man&#8217;.

Running Man was trending worldwide for a second too after this news came out.

vanty

GARY WOOOOOOO

If only Running Man would trend in Australia, this afternoon had the worst trending topics I've ever seen. 9 of them were crap about boy band reality shows and stuff, then all on it's own was 'McLaren' ahah. Now every single one of them has been replaced by sport and news stuff thankfully.

giri

GARY WOOOOOOO

If only Running Man would trend in Australia, this afternoon had the worst trending topics I've ever seen. 9 of them were crap about boy band reality shows and stuff, then all on it's own was 'McLaren' ahah. Now every single one of them has been replaced by sport and news stuff thankfully.

i would've said the worst part was that people were checking what the trending topics were.

neoism

are these k-pop girls paid well... ?

Yups

Secret PSA

they would be the plainest group ever without sunhwa..<3<3<3

luso

are these k-pop girls paid well... ?

I only know what is discussed around the web. The contract terms are mostly a very secretive issue. They have normally long term contracts (7 years max, 10 if they work overseas - what I heard) and their agencies want to recover the money spent on them during trainees years and ultimately get profits, so easily the agency share can be easily well above 50%, wouldn't be surprised by something as 75%-25% for agencies.
This includes earnings from music sales, event appearances, TV/radio guesting, MC roles, concerts, advertisement deals, dramas/movies participation even royalties for a very few of them.
Normally group activities earning are split among the members while individual deals aren't. On some groups, they are split no matter what.

Top groups can still earn a lot, top girls/boys on those groups can become rich (I wouldn't say very rich). But that's about maybe the 1%, the average group can still earn enough for some nice savings but bottom/nugu groups mostly work only to survive.
Not to mention the 16 hours a day of work, if "lucky".

YoonA has the biggest earning among female idols, it was told first half of 2012 she earned 3.5 million dollars. Now is not known if this is before SM takes its share or after.
http://www.soompi.com/2012/07/13/girls-generations-yoona-is-the-top-earning-girl-group-center/

AOA comeback tomorrow.

Get Out!

That was quick. The debut was a grower, so im looking forward to see what they do next.

I notice on the promo photo each member is dressed as a famous character. I spot The Bride from 'Kill Bill', Mathilda from 'Leon', Lara Croft, Harry Potter, Holly Golightly from 'Breakfast at Tiffanys', Leeloo from 'The Fifth Element'. I cant tell what the remaining two are supposed to be.

Alta1r

Jessica was recently cast as the role of Elle Woods in ‘Legally Blonde‘, which is expected to be an upgraded version of the musicals run in 2009 and 2010 under the same name. This time, however, the musical has been granted a Broadway license and is able to be run under the official title of ‘Legally Blonde’ instead of the Korean title it had previously run under.

Lol. I can't imagine Sica in this role. The character's too bright and bubbly for the Ice Queen. Seems like a perfect role for Fany and her eye smile. Although Fany in blonde would be all manners of turribleness.

they would be the plainest group ever without sunhwa..<3<3<3

sunhwa.gif

I agree.

Max just died.

dokish

Banned
Since I wanna expand my knowledge in K-pop and this bands are kinda of old, I would like you guys to recommend me 3 of the best songs of:

- KARA
- After School
- Brown Eyed Girls
- Secret
- Girl's Day
- Bravo Girls (is this the name?)

Thanks.

Since I wanna expand my knowledge in K-pop and this bands are kinda of old, I would like you guys to recommend me 3 of the best songs of:

- KARA
- After School
- Brown Eyed Girls
- Secret
- Girl's Day
- Bravo Girls (is this the name?)

Thanks.

Not to sound like a jerk, but asking for others recommendations is not the way to do it imo. Listen to each groups discographies and find out for yourself what song hooks you, not because someone else likes it.

Then again, maybe that's just me *shrug*

Cuddler

I thought that my post would go unnoticed as always instead...
BfoOP.jpg

Damn, looking at Cuddler's pics he used to be pretty fat lol

I think he's been back and forth quite a few times.

Wow the weight cut has made him look so much better.

Yes, the photo with Gyuri is kinda old too, it's from the A-CHA days, which they were probably the only days that I don't really like him esthetically (No other and Mr Simple days were the best for me). As Salazar said is a continue back and forth for him. In fact during the Sexy, Free & Single promotion, in an interview, Leeteuk said that ShinDong was on a diet before the album release, which I think it was a very superficial thing to do only for an album promotion, and ShinDong looked kinda sad/annoyed/serious when Leeteuk was talking about that IMO. I just wish he would stop going back and forth and stop himself in the middle, he's not healty for him to continue like that. As my big post suggest I like him better with at least some weight on him, especially is face (the first photo is amazing), but this are obviously only my tastes.

ryan-ts

Since I wanna expand my knowledge in K-pop and this bands are kinda of old, I would like you guys to recommend me 3 of the best songs

- KARA - If U Wanna, Jumping, Lupin
- After School - Shampoo, Flashback, Ah
- Brown Eyed Girls - YOU, Sign, My Style
- Secret - Magic, I Want You Back, Madonna
- Girl's Day - Twinkle Twinkle, Nothing Lasts Forever, Don't Flirt

Better off just listening to their whole albums and seeing what you like though.

spink

Thanks.

- KARA: the whole Revolution album is cool, so start there
- After School: Ah, Diva, Because of You, Bang!
- Brown Eyed Girls: Abracadabra is really the only decent song of theirs imo
- Secret: never been much of a fan of their music
- Girl's Day: Twinkle Twinkle
- Brave Girls: same as Secret

Biscuits

I thought that my post would go unnoticed as always instead...

Yes, the photo with Gyuri is kinda old too, it's from the A-CHA days, which they were probably the only days that I don't really like him esthetically (No other and Mr Simple days were the best for me). As Salazar said is a continue back and forth for him. In fact during the Sexy, Free & Single promotion, in an interview, Leeteuk said that ShinDong was on a diet before the album release, which I think it was a very superficial thing to do only for an album promotion, and ShinDong looked kinda sad/annoyed/serious when Leeteuk was talking about that IMO. I just wish he would stop going back and forth and stop himself in the middle, he's not healty for him to continue like that. As my big post suggest I like him better with at least some weight on him, especially is face (the first photo is amazing), but this are obviously only my tastes.
Oh, I assumed it was new because he just posted it on twitter or something for his birthday. lmao akp fail once again.

I didn't realize that you used to be able to see his belly

rawr

Cuddler

Oh, I assumed it was new because he just posted it on twitter or something for his birthday. lmao akp fail once again.

The photo is actually from last year birthday. I read the article on akp now, but I can't find the related tweet and for sure there's no photo posted about it in the official Shimshimtapa&#8216;s twitter account. There is a tweet about Gyuri, but I can't read South Korean. The news can be true, but the photo is old. It's incredible that the staff doesn't know that, the article is now posted in a lot of sites, and people really believe that the photo is new, incredible.
Uhm? What?
I wish. lol

(._.)

Banned
The guy that runs Hyomin's biggest fan site in Korea is acting crazy on twitter while opening it for foreign fans. He made it so you can join now w/o a korean SSN but it was easy to get by w/ a fake generated one anyways lol.

https://twitter.com/Hyomdot/status/251715106394742784
https://twitter.com/Hyomdot/status/251717337009516544
https://twitter.com/Hyomdot/status/251720522436599808
https://twitter.com/Hyomdot/status/251722375266189312
https://twitter.com/Hyomdot/status/251723379432882176 <- lol

dokish

Banned
The guy that runs Hyomin's biggest fan site in Korea is acting crazy on twitter while opening it for foreign fans. He made it so you can join now w/o a korean SSN but it was easy to get by w/ a fake generated one anyways lol.

https://twitter.com/Hyomdot/status/251715106394742784
https://twitter.com/Hyomdot/status/251717337009516544
https://twitter.com/Hyomdot/status/251720522436599808
https://twitter.com/Hyomdot/status/251722375266189312
https://twitter.com/Hyomdot/status/251723379432882176 <- lol

I don't see any craziness in those tweets and the guy is absolutely right.

Q: Why these fan sites are numbers only? like www.9383093.com or something.

EDIT: Who is &#44053;&#50696;&#48712; ? Actress? Also, holy shit.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
their fansites are numbered that way because of the idols' birthday. Hyomdot is one of the best sites out there. Imnana914 is #1 tho.

dokish

Banned
their fansites are numbered that way because of the idols' birthday. Hyomdot is one of the best sites out there. Imnana914 is #1 tho.

I see, thanks.

Why is the best? I registered but I can't see any "grandness" in the website besides the photo album. They have a forum? News section with daily updates or something?

EDIT: Also, I clicked on 'Hyomin' and they say I don't have access. :(
EDIT2: For those who want to dive deep into learning korean, I recommend http://radio.kbs.co.kr/ for pronunciation and hearing training. Also, if you wanna listen the radio in the car/other places, you can use Replay Media Catcher to rip the streaming, and then record the audio file into a disc. (Note: Since you will save as .flv, you can use AoA Audio Extractor [free and the best one] to extract the audio from the flv).
EDIT3: Qri has a 'round body' that I like very much.

neoism

I only know what is discussed around the web. The contract terms are mostly a very secretive issue. They have normally long term contracts (7 years max, 10 if they work overseas - what I heard) and their agencies want to recover the money spent on them during trainees years and ultimately get profits, so easily the agency share can be easily well above 50%, wouldn't be surprised by something as 75%-25% for agencies.
This includes earnings from music sales, event appearances, TV/radio guesting, MC roles, concerts, advertisement deals, dramas/movies participation even royalties for a very few of them.
Normally group activities earning are split among the members while individual deals aren't. On some groups, they are split no matter what.

Top groups can still earn a lot, top girls/boys on those groups can become rich (I wouldn't say very rich). But that's about maybe the 1%, the average group can still earn enough for some nice savings but bottom/nugu groups mostly work only to survive.
Not to mention the 16 hours a day of work, if "lucky".

YoonA has the biggest earning among female idols, it was told first half of 2012 she earned 3.5 million dollars. Now is not known if this is before SM takes its share or after.
http://www.soompi.com/2012/07/13/girls-generations-yoona-is-the-top-earning-girl-group-center/

lol thanks man.... glad they aren't working hard for nothing... surprised about YoonA thinking all of SNSD would be paid relatively the same amount but I guess they all have there own deals and endorsements... I looked up the won to dollar ratio and was speechless. .00009 or something. WTF

dokish

Banned
lol thanks man.... glad they aren't working hard for nothing... surprised about YoonA thinking all of SNSD would be paid relatively the same amount but I guess they all have there own deals and endorsements... I looked up the won to dollar ratio and was speechless. .00009 or something. WTF

1 dollar is close to 1,000 won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom