• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwlnd

Banned
ibkYqvYJ43w8gn.gif

RubyFaith

Isn't that the same as people calling Gain ugly? Her face is really weird 95% of the time. I can't decide if it's ugly or not though, it's that weird.

I think there's a difference between calling someone mediocre and calling someone "so" ugly. Beauty is subjective but it's really funny when someone acts heedless, especially when it's an unpopular opinion and/or judging someone's unique features. You could call someone like AA Kimchi ugly and arguably most of 2NE1. Gain is above average at least.

Ashhong

ugly ellin and ugly crayon pop

Not feeling Ellin's hair, but I'll take the tummy for it

I think there's a difference between calling someone mediocre and calling someone "so" ugly. Beauty is subjective but it's really funny when someone acts heedless, especially when it's an unpopular opinion and/or judging someone's unique features. You could call someone like AA Kimchi ugly and arguably most of 2NE1. Gain is above average at least.

I think it's pretty dumb that you say beauty is subjective, call us out on using the word to describe Gain, and then go and basically call 2NE1 ugly. I'm not saying they aren't. But damn that's hypocritical.

RubyFaith

OMG, 4minute's individual VU version MVs. This is awkward heaven.

Links
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4aEtRQid-c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IPOIX2nCJk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtzi4ZXA2TU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zciszuo__7E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfCkLgOEOjM

I think it's pretty dumb that you say beauty is subjective, call us out on using the word to describe Gain, and then go and basically call 2NE1 ugly. I'm not saying they aren't. But damn that's hypocritical.

I pointed out beauty is subject because it's still an opinion after all but Gain was said to be "so ugly" that I needed to call that out.

Also, I said 2NE1 is arguably ugly.

Sorry if you feel offended.

wwlnd

Banned
biggest captain obvious.jpg ever below, brace yourself:

i think when people say "x is beautiful" they don't actually mean "x is beatuiful, much like 1+1=2" but actually something more like "x is beautiful, imo"

likewise for "song x is good"

Edgeward

Do we have to pre-order or will they be selling them at the venue as well? I want to get a 4M shirt but they don't show the sizes so I need to see first.

nvm I found the answer.

They will be available at the event as well, but stock is very limited!

Ashhong

I pointed out beauty is subject because it's still an opinion after all but Gain was said to be "so ugly" that I needed to call that out.

I don't feel offended, I literally just found it funny.

RubyFaith

I don't feel offended, I literally just found it funny.

Well, again, when it's an unpopular opinion and pretty heedless I like to point it out. This is normal when people talk about other people's tastes. 2NE1 calls themselves ugly so I didn't find that to be a hypocritical statement but just a common consensus most people have about them and most people don't counter that argument anymore anyway.
dunno.gif

RubyFaith

Their own label calls them ugly?

Their CEO made them take pictures of their bare faces on purpose and post it online for everyone to see. Even their song ugly chorus goes "I think I'm ugly and nobody wants to love me, just like her I want to be pretty. Don't lie to my face 'cause I know I'm ugly."

Talk about self esteem abuse.

2San

YG always says 2NE1 are ugly. Dara is really pretty imo.
To be fair next to Dara it's not really the most attractive bunch out there.
Their CEO made them take pictures of their bare faces on purpose and post it online for everyone to see. Even their song ugly chorus goes "I think I'm ugly and nobody wants to love me, just like her I want to be pretty. Don't lie to my face 'cause I know I'm ugly."

This is terrible though. o_O

Peru

It's worth going to KCON simply for the COBU panel thing. Don't think BoA will show up though.

Well, again, when it's an unpopular opinion and pretty heedless I like to point it out. This is normal when people talk about other people's tastes. 2NE1 calls themselves ugly so I didn't find that to be a hypocritical statement but just a common consensus most people have about them and most people don't counter that argument anymore anyway.
dunno.gif

Uh, no. Many groups say 'we're not as attractive as other groups' as some sort of humble 'we've got other strengths' kind of thing.

Missing the point pretty severely.

(._.)

Banned

Gain is not ugly. Not that great compared to what she is up against but in no way ugly one bit. I think it is also kinda funny to say 2NE1 is ugly also. You could apply the same logic to them. They are def one of the least attractive girl group but are more so carried by their unique qualities. I don't think you can actually call them ugly. In reality just average in terms of looks. I always use hyperbole in here but there isn't a single girl star I find actually ugly except a few. Can't even think of any off the top of my head. Hyoyeon isn't even ugly and you'd have to be retarded to say she is literally.

RubyFaith

Missing the point pretty severely.

Even though it's an ironic song meaning they probably weren't talking about themselves, overall I think the point of "Ugly" is to cater to an audience that feels the same way and can relate. I don't think 2NE1 has ever said what the lyrics were actually about, so I look at it from a point of view as to why people like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom