• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
gangsta leader

A-Pinkeu! Now to complement this post with some Eunji.

tumblr_mboramIpRI1r3sptio1_500.jpg
tumblr_mbor9bi0TG1r3sptio1_500.jpg

tumblr_mbor51fMNw1r3sptio1_500.jpg
tumblr_mboqe0kUb91r3sptio1_500.jpg

Heavenly Taeyeon gif

I think my quote replacement says it all.

This is rumored to be Taeyeon's sex face and her laughing reaction after falling is how she reacts after the deed is done. /TaeNy rumors

Peru

I mean, I haven't been to Korean school since 6th grade, and I only speak with my parents mainly, but unless they changed the whole Korean language, ㄷ is D and ㅌis T lol. Also yea, it's mianeyo...you're school is weird. Sometimes it isnt a strong D sound, and could be SOMEWHAT like a T, but not really.

The Korean 'd' is often closer to the American 't' than the American 'd' is, though.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Depends on what is before and after it. Korean is all about flow so the consonants are very malleable in context.

dokish

Banned
The Korean 'd' is often closer to the American 't' than the American 'd' is, though.

Depends on what is before and after it. Korean is all about flow so the consonants are very malleable in context.

Exactly! From what I know, ㄷ in the beginning of sentences sounds like T.

ㄷ only changes to D when before it you encounter ㅁ, ㄹ, ㅇ and ㄴ and between vowels. (Is the letters alright? I always forgot).

EDIT: But I asked a native and she said the sound is D, tho. I don't know what to think, lol.

milkham

I asked why people in drama says "bianeyo" instead of "mianeyo", and him said: "Not, bianeyo doesn't exist. They don't say such thing".

I asked my friend about this too dokish, she said the same thing even when i went and recorded the audio of them saying it and played it for her. its a conspiracy.

vanty

Cut looks perfectly fine. Of course they didn't change what really needed doing though. On that pic her shitty bangs even give her the impression of a unibrow :/

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Taeyeon is either wearing a padded bra or making good use of those Korean plastic surgeons.

Fafnir

Sexy Taengoo

What a way to start out the morning, don't even need my tea for wake up.
L0x8S.jpg

lol
link please

This is rumored to be Taeyeon's sex face and her laughing reaction after falling is how she reacts after the deed is done. /TaeNy rumors

Dream Team Soshi episode, I'm pretty sure Soshified subbed it on their DM channel.

Vk0aQ.gif

I saw Dasom on 2 episodes of Happy Together and her english pronunciation is really really good, pretty much Americanized and no hint of engrish.

spink

I saw Dasom on 2 episodes of Happy Together and her english pronunciation is really really good, pretty much Americanized and no hint of engrish.

I've seen the one with her and Bora, but I haven't been able to find the second one.
can anyone help me out?

Alta1r

Lol, a while back when this episode aired, someone had cropped these images so you only see her top half for the same effect.

tumblr_ltrh1aDXhW1qehp59o1_400.gif

tumblr_ltrh1aDXhW1qehp59o2_500.gif

Exactly! From what I know, ㄷ in the beginning of sentences sounds like T.

ㄷ only changes to D when before it you encounter ㅁ, ㄹ, ㅇ and ㄴ and between vowels. (Is the letters alright? I always forgot).

EDIT: But I asked a native and she said the sound is D, tho. I don't know what to think, lol.

Ash is a native speaker, doke.

Oh shit. They did Roly Poly recently? Where and when was this?

tumblr_mbqeb8s0ZP1rzn5w0o2_500.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I don't think it's the McGurk Effect. I've listened to comparative audio samples and it sounds like a b sometimes, well actually kind of like a person saying m with a stuffy nose. You just have to get used to the flow of things and it doesn't matter. Forget about finding the equivalent in your own language and just go with the flow.

I mean, even between English and Spanish where there is some actual overlap in Latin, the sounds with native speakers are just different and have different dynamics. If you grew up around Spanish you go into "Spanish mode" without thinking about it. You need to create something similar with Korean by just letting it be its own thing.

luso

Bangs still sucks.

Taeyeon is either wearing a padded bra or making good use of those Korean plastic surgeons.

That was a very conscious choice, she has a nice body and she knows it, she enhances it, definitely fan service. Padded bra.

So you are a native!

You live in Korea? It is hard to get in concerts? (SNSD, 4minute, WG, T-Ara, etc)

Not all Koreans live in Korea.

About all the "D" and "T" issue, you just have to learn the correct pronunciation, the romanization has its flaws so there isn't a perfect match. But normally the initial ᄃ is more harsh than a ᄃ in the middle of the word...

"Look at Me" better than the other horrible song preview.

Stephanie
practice video.
Too bad the song is not very good.

dokish

Banned
I'm feeling hurt dokish

Haha, don't be.

I forgot to quote your answer.

You were right! You were one of the first ones to post your profile. I'm sorry I forgot.

What an audio engineer does? Can you create sound waves capable of messing everyone's brain up and unleash craziness in people's brain?

If you have the time/interest, there's a movie called The Signal, very good.

Is really good to see "older people" to enjoy K-Pop. Gamers suffers from the "gaming is for kids", and K/J Pop lovers suffers from the "the music is bad and you guys are a bunch of creeps panty sniffers"... but that's not true!
Although we still have to hear it from Chocomaro

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780607/

EDIT: Holy shit you live in Australia! If I don't get accepted for a Master's Degree in Korea (few years away...), I'm gonna try Australia, although it is freaking hard.

Fafnir

Goddess updates.

Taeyeon said:
It feels like I'm saying hello for the first time in a while^^!
This time it's been 3 weeks since we saw each other.
It felt like everyone was brighter than before
SONEs always give me energy~~~^^

Zf0zI.jpg

What is this... pose? Hehe

wD0lf.jpg

That is a chicken pose that maknae suggested all of a sudden!
It looks slightly uncomfortable but
still, we are using two hands to be polite~~~^^

This is a picture we took last time^^
Sorry for showing it late!
Everyone looks like a flower kekeke

C5BqS.jpg

neoism

lol SNSD Dream Team ep was great..Taeyeon didn't giveafuck. lol

Hyoyeon has a lot of heart.. shame you guys hate so much.:p

I don't think it's the McGurk Effect. I've listened to comparative audio samples and it sounds like a b sometimes, well actually kind of like a person saying m with a stuffy nose. You just have to get used to the flow of things and it doesn't matter. Forget about finding the equivalent in your own language and just go with the flow.

I mean, even between English and Spanish where there is some actual overlap in Latin, the sounds with native speakers are just different and have different dynamics. If you grew up around Spanish you go into "Spanish mode" without thinking about it. You need to create something similar with Korean by just letting it be its own thing.

Maybe not, I really don't know. Another place that gets me is "ne". It often sounds like "de". The course I am taking is taught by two UPenn Grad Students who are both Korean's studying TESL. They're incredibly smart (they are in UPenn) and they are very good teachers. In class I have never actually heard the consonant sound confusion that I often hear on TV. I am wondering if it's because they are enunciating more clearly to help the class hear the pronunciations better.

Also, can one of you bros help me set up windows to toggle a korean keyboard later? I'm at work now, but I want to set it up on my laptop after I get home from class tonight.

Ashhong

WTF DICE. You can't just stick that hideous picture of Minah after Jessica and then continue on with even more pictures of her. Almost gave me a heart attack. I hate you.

So you are a native!

You live in Korea? It is hard to get in concerts? (SNSD, 4minute, WG, T-Ara, etc)

Lol, I live in the states. Somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom