• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niks

iUDMZqOAe5PgH.gif

Quadratic

What happened to Hwayoung and her sister though?

Hwayoung has been incognito. Probably a settlement between her family and CCM so she' will keep quiet. Her sister is still under contract and in 5dolls/Co-Ed. Her group(s) didn't really set the world on fire so I'm wondering if they'll even get a comeback.

giri

So is Korea mostly over the T-ara bullying scandal? It seems like the girls can go out in public again.

Over making it a main issue, will the group ever really recover back to the way they were before? ehhhhhh i dunno.

I'm not so sure they'll ever get as many invites for variety shows or acting gigs either.

2San

Hwayoung has been incognito. Probably a settlement between her family and CCM so she' will keep quiet. Her sister is still under contract and in 5dolls/Co-Ed. Her group(s) didn't really set the world on fire so I'm wondering if they'll even get a comeback.
Pretty messed up situation all round. I doubt she'll even get another shot at proper fame. 5dolls seems done as well. Surprised she(the sister) actually stayed(though does she actually have the choice to leave). So what do the lesser idols actually do when there's nothing going on? Go to school?

Quadratic

I wondered this too. What do lower tier idols do between promotions. In the case of Jewlery which had like a 20 month break between singles I would think they would be doing some minor "training" to stay in shape and do some studies. It's a dog eat dog world in K-pop. Recently Rainbow have been in the news saying they're pretty much stalled in terms of activities at the moment. Which is weird since Woori was on IY2. I thought she was taken out for a comeback...

vanty

Pretty messed up situation all round. I doubt she'll even get another shot at proper fame. 5dolls seems done as well. Surprised she(the sister) actually stayed(though does she actually have the choice to leave). So what do the lesser idols actually do when there's nothing going on? Go to school?
Hwayoung is supposedly writing raps and stuff, I don't think she really wants to just be a pop idol again after being burned so badly. If she is writing her own stuff it'll probably be quite a while before she releases anything.

I wondered this too. What do lower tier idols do between promotions. In the case of Jewlery which had like a 20 month break between singles I would think they would be doing some minor "training" to stay in shape and do some studies. It's a dog eat dog world in K-pop. Recently Rainbow have been in the news saying they're pretty much stalled in terms of activities at the moment. Which is weird since Woori was on IY2. I thought she was taken out for a comeback...
Woori left IY2 to do some drama or sitcom or whatever. Jaekyung is doing one as well I think.

2San

Hwayoung is supposedly writing raps and stuff, I don't think she really wants to just be a pop idol again after being burned so badly. If she is writing her own stuff it'll probably be quite a while before she releases anything.
That's the thing. Frankly I don't think she's talented enough to make it on her own. Though admittedly I haven't seen her talents.
In the case of Jewlery which had like a 20 month break between singles I would think they would be doing some minor "training" to stay in shape and do some studies. It's a dog eat dog world in K-pop. Recently Rainbow have been in the news saying they're pretty much stalled in terms of activities at the moment.
I was thinking the same. Wondering if they properly put in time to develop themselves for a time after the idol thing wears off.

Alta1r

kinda hard to see but:

cLalF.jpg

Lol, I was just thinking, if the idols do get to see this sign thing and notice that post, Nu'est will probably think some anti wrote that about their song.

The latest WGM episode reached god-tier variety.

The're a good variety in the husbands:

Julien = the suave, athletic man's man.
Kwanghee = the easy going, funny, ageyo master.
Lee Joon = the simply naive, hopeless one.

Kwanghee is almost like Shindong was for IY. He keeps the show ticking. At least when all three couples are together.

What happened to Hwayoung and her sister though?

Who?

tumblr_mbp73afMzn1rxrtdoo1_400.gif

giri

Woori left IY2 to do some drama or sitcom or whatever. Jaekyung is doing one as well I think.

Woori also left IY2 because the show was doing really poorly at the time.

Rainbow haven't really done much in a long time though. In the kpop world that is.

I think mainly in the down time between promotion and come back, they perform live a lot at smaller events. Try and do variety / acting/ radio. I think a lot of the pop groups use their kpop stuff to launch them selves into tv gigs.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
omfg yesssssssssssssssss

edit: speaking of hyuna.. her version of gangnam style should pass Gee tonight.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom