• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanty

ahah filler's avatar reminded me of something. I was just watching IY1 first episode the other week and realised that Road Lee is the very first villager that they meet. He just turns up out of nowhere and crank starts their weird tractor-y thing then drives it. I don't think he even says a word and you don't get his name or anything.

dokish

Banned
What have you been up to here TOP?

Are you still in Seoul? I'm landing December 15th, pretty soon. We should meet. If you are interested, PM. :)

If not, don't PM. :(

(Do you know if there's any BoA/SNSD/4minute/Hello Venus/T-Ara shows coming up?)

luso

Thread is slow.

i6g5rnoBITleq.gif

Nesotenso

Since Korean pop culture is popular in different parts of the Far East, is the language barrier easily overcome ? For example, do the Japanese easily comprehend Korean ?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Since Korean pop culture is popular in different parts of the Far East, is the language barrier easily overcome ? For example, do the Japanese easily comprehend Korean ?
No. But do they have an easier time learning it than Americans do? Yes.

Dice

I thought similar elements int he languages aids the popularity of Korean pop culture.
Not deeply so. Korean sounds more foreign to us than Spanish, because there is a loose connection between English and Spanish. Similarity, Korean sounds less-foreign to Japanese people, but they still have to learn Korean.

milkham

I thought similar elements in the languages aids the popularity of Korean pop culture.

some words sound very similar like "library", and depending on level of education you can do some communication via written chinese characters, but if i remember correctly korean has a strong turkish influence in grammar so it does require learning.

Ashhong

some words sound very similar like "library", and depending on level of education you can do some communication via written chinese characters, but if i remember correctly korean has a strong turkish influence in grammar so it does require learning.

The Korean word for library sounds nothing like it. Maybe you just think that because of TTS's Library? =P

The thing with Korean and a lot of kpop is that they take English words and just sound it out and spell it that way. I don't know what that is called, romanization?

JKTrix

도서관 does sound similar enough to "toshokan" to make that particular word easy to learn for a Japanese person.

Dice

Transliteration is the term for the general process. I think one of my Korean books says it has been done with some ~10,000 english words? Romanization is specifically transliterating other languages into roman
/latin
base letters.

gogogow

The Korean word for library sounds nothing like it. Maybe you just think that because of TTS's Library? =P

The thing with Korean and a lot of kpop is that they take English words and just sound it out and spell it that way. I don't know what that is called, romanization?

Huh?!

How does "do-seo-gwan", not sound like "toshokan"? And they both sound like the Chinese "Du shu guan".

Peru

Are you still in Seoul? I'm landing December 15th, pretty soon. We should meet. If you are interested, PM. :)

If not, don't PM. :(

(Do you know if there's any BoA/SNSD/4minute/Hello Venus/T-Ara shows coming up?)

Going home for Xmas on the 10th, back on the 5th of Jan.

Those artists, don't know. There are BEG shows I'd like to go to around Christmas eve, if I was here then.

Rainbow's Jisook is auditioning to be co host on Strong Heart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=A7kcW3MHpG0

I hope she gets the part. Rainbow needs more variety show appearances.

pJi2j.jpg

4minute Nam JiHyun’s glamorous body is attracting attention.

Recently on an online community, a post titled “4minute’s Bagel Nam JiHyun”, together with a few pictures was revealed.

Netizens who saw the picture commented, “She’s a pretty leader with a good body”, “Indeed glamorous The reason why she’s in charge of 4minute’s body”, “4minute is the best” and various responses.

Dice

I never quite understood the way news is made out of random people talking on the internet.

NEWSFLASH: Jihyun has always been hot, and people still point it out when she does anything at all.

Me: Uh... thanks, news. That was very informative and meaningful.

luso

I never quite understood the way news is made out of random people talking on the internet.

NEWSFLASH: Jihyun has always been hot, and people still point it out when she does anything at all.

Me: Uh... thanks, news. That was very informative and meaningful.

That's how gossip news works... The spice must flow.

giri

Lizzy Drunk While Filming

Lizzy is currently acting in MBC‘s ‘Rascal Sons‘ as Jin Yu Ri. She revealed, “There’s a scene where I open the beer can and drink from it. Usually, there’s something other than beer in the cans, but this time there was actually beer, so I just kept drinking beer while I was filming. It was kind of fascinating, and I got kind of excited as I got alcohol in me. I had more fun filming than usual

20121119_lizzy_drunk.jpg

Lizzy. So awesome.

vanty

Is there any female idol with worse hair than that? Apart from Minzy I guess, but even her super short purple hair isn't as bad as Sunny's.

TheChits

Yeah that is not a good look for Sunny :(. The new running man was okay, but the
chairs that launched them into the water were hilarious. I didn't expect them to launch that far

Selane

So looks like the first episode of that dating show with Jihyun and Seungah and some other people that don't matter is out.

Jihyun deserves better than some guy from ZE:A :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom