• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

luso

ib2FY91ZzdTYDK.gif

iMNiteAQ5V0pi.gif

luso

Min and Hyoyeon practiced together before debuting. But Hyo didn't had much chance to progress in her dancing skills, or at leas, showing them as Min.

Typical soshi rehearsal. Rewind and watch from the start.

2San

I was bored, so I found gifs with some of my favourite K-Pop choreography

Deep thoughts from Mirotic
tumblr_lty775EKH91qe4k8w.gif
These guys need to come back in full force. I'd be ok with JYJ at least getting a shot at proper promotion. They are essentially forced into acting to get any screen time on Korean TV. :/

Ashhong

Lucky bastard, he met Misa Campo! fuuuuuu

SeungriTrainees-575x361.jpg

Also, wow, this is how you do red hair (though Tiffany's was just as good, just not all the time)

LKJF2.jpg

giri

Lizzy then confidently ranked herself as the After School member with the best body. “I’ve seen UEE unnie fully nude and I think I have a better figure than her. She lost weight, so in terms of volume, I have exactly all three levels.”

God Damn, Lizzy.

Lizzy.

neoism

tumblr_me2q0xaajb1r8iaaao4_250.gif

Ailee says hi.

Beyonce's - Love On Top and Halo
Alicia Keys' - Girl on Fire and G-Dragon's Crayon
Besame Mucho

These 4 videos are the ones I can remember off the top of my head. She has tons more during her stint in Immortal Song 2 and a bunch of other performances before her debut.

well of course their will be better singers and whatnot don't really like Beyonce songs at all but that girl can sing... I was really talking about Tae's voice not her singing(she can sing though) just the sound of her voice....

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
well of course their will be better singers and whatnot don't really like Beyonce songs at all but that girl can sing... I was really talking about Tae's voice not her singing(she can sing though) just the sound of her voice....
Well if that's what you're talking about, I prefer smooth, deep, airy tone voices like Minkyung and Park Ji Yoon.

Can even have it a bit stronger and rough like Sojin http://youtu.be/YPfoFjCjg3U unffffffffff

In this way, I think Tiffany has the best voice in SNSD, but unfortunately she's hella awkard as a singer.

In that case I agree. Taeyeon's voice is definitely one of the most calming voices to listen to. But if you start talking about being a greatest singer, then I really can't agree with that. Within SNSD though, I think I gotta hand it to Sica.

In this way, I think Tiffany has the best voice in SNSD, but unfortunately she's hella awkard as a singer.

Agreed. This is probably the reason why she's an MC for a lot of things. Disagree about the singer part though. :p

Also those links you posted with Ailee. I can't believe I forgot about Fate. That song probably solidified my love for her. Besame Mucho was the one that sold me though lol.

J Rabbit performing on some Mnet show I've never heard of http://youtu.be/pYKuyzvNJZg

Aww yeah! I love these girls. I get jelly every time I see Dawoon play the guitar, she makes it look and sound easy when it isn't at all. Hyesung is also a pretty great singer as well, definitely on the level of Taeyeon imo. Plus, she's pretty cute haha.

Can't sleep right now even though I gotta be at school in about 7 hours, so I pulled up the vocals only track from Ailee's performance of Alicia Keys' Girl On Fire from Sketchbook... ran it through the spectrogram in Adobe Audition and saw this amazing section that just blew my mind.

This section is from the one I linked above where she sings "girl is on fire" before jumping into Crayon.

Dunno how to explain a spectrogram easily since I just understood it from the get go, but to put it very very simply those visible lines you see is the note that she's singing. And I say note because all those other lines are pretty much either the octave of the note or the overtones that make the note.

What's amazing about this is how straight the lines are, meaning during this entire section she never went off pitch. The wavy lines on the other hand clearly display the vibrato she's applying and again the lines are pretty much aligned with each other meaning even her vibrato is straight on and isn't off pitch. The most amazing part about this though is that this is how the spectrogram looks like in any other section of her entire performance in Sketchbook, "I Will Show You" and "Crayon" included. It's not even autotuned since she actually goes off pitch on a couple of notes here and there in the 3 songs, but it's pretty much perfection throughout like a freakin' synthesizer.

I stand by my statement, though looking at it again I think I'm more inclined to agree with Peru. I prefer her voice than the others... not that everyone else is bad, Sica's is just smooth as butter imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom