• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

giri

I stand by my statement, though looking at it again I think I'm more inclined to agree with Peru. I prefer her voice than the others... not that everyone else is bad, Sica's is just smooth as butter imo.

Each to their own. But personally, TTS are all better than sica.

Salazar

Also forgot i ordered the Secret - Poison album. Got the hyoseung poster.

Dem Bewbs.

L6gV6.gif

vanty

Jessica's voice is by far the worst for me. Something about it just makes me cringe and it really stands out in songs. I almost wish it was one of the others with that voice so it wasn't so convenient that the worst looking one also has the worst voice making people think I'm just trolling when I'm not at all.

Anyway here's something much more positive

aeNLT.jpg

Ashhong

Can't sleep right now even though I gotta be at school in about 7 hours, so I pulled up the vocals only track from Ailee's performance of Alicia Keys' Girl On Fire from Sketchbook... ran it through the spectrogram in Adobe Audition and saw this amazing section that just blew my mind.

This section is from the one I linked above where she sings "girl is on fire" before jumping into Crayon.

Dunno how to explain a spectrogram easily since I just understood it from the get go, but to put it very very simply those visible lines you see is the note that she's singing. And I say note because all those other lines are pretty much either the octave of the note or the overtones that make the note.

What's amazing about this is how straight the lines are, meaning during this entire section she never went off pitch. The wavy lines on the other hand clearly display the vibrato she's applying and again the lines are pretty much aligned with each other meaning even her vibrato is straight on and isn't off pitch. The most amazing part about this though is that this is how the spectrogram looks like in any other section of her entire performance in Sketchbook, "I Will Show You" and "Crayon" included. It's not even autotuned since she actually goes off pitch on a couple of notes here and there in the 3 songs, but it's pretty much perfection throughout like a freakin' synthesizer.

I stand by my statement, though looking at it again I think I'm more inclined to agree with Peru. I prefer her voice than the others... not that everyone else is bad, Sica's is just smooth as butter imo.

Wow this performance is amazing. Ailee's voice is too good.

Niks

Im not going to say Taeyeon is the best singer in K-pop, but she is certainly among the best.
Also, Taeyeon > Jessica, of course they have different ranges(?), but Taengoo is more versatile.

1. Taeng
2. Jess Tiff
3. Seo Sunny

Fafnir

Sica the best vocal in Soshi?! More like tied for most annoying with Hyoyeon, seriously nails on chalkboard every since I heard Naengmyeon.

1. Taeyeon
2. Seohyun
3. Sunny/Fany

XJ2aq.jpg

Im not going to say Taeyeon is the best singer in K-pop, but she is certainly among the best.
Also, Taeyeon > Jessica, of course they have different ranges(?), but Taengoo is more versatile.

1. Taeng
2. Jess Tiff
3. Seo Sunny

I kinda agree with this list...
Its kina the reason why these 4 always gets more line than the rest.

Alta1r

Looks really nice. But for some reason, it also reminds me of Mikey from TMNT.
es2Xp.jpg

ibtj3Of0ioFB9o.gif

I can't unsee it now. Nice drawing btw, jokkir.

well of course their will be better singers and whatnot don't really like Beyonce songs at all but that girl can sing... I was really talking about Tae's voice not her singing(she can sing though) just the sound of her voice....

Yeah, Taengoo's voice is my favorite too. Like in this Beautiful Restrictions cover. So good. Overall I'd go Taengoo, Sica, Seobaby in that order.

Also forgot i ordered the Secret - Poison album. Got the hyoseung poster.

Dem Bewbs.

jXKdFAaK9HQ53.jpg

Kill it with fire!

tumblr_me3s20ZYZh1r8qe8uo1_500.gif

Ranvier

The amount of soshi on this page has been nice, you guys are bringing me back in.

When does their new album drop?

And I think the evil Maknae and sunny could be tied for second in terms of best voice. But only when sunny doesn't do that terrible high pitched squeal, which is rare. I've only heard her sing normally in that beautiful restriction song.

giri

The amount of soshi on this page has been nice, you guys are bringing me back in.

And I think the evil Maknae and sunny could be tied for second in terms of best voice. But only when sunny doesn't do that terrible high pitched squeal, which is rare. I've only heard her sing normally in that beautiful restriction song.

early next year is when their next .kr album drops.

Alta1r

dude I didn't need to know you filled up your sock.

That's fucking disgusting.

tumblr_mbwq57RAdH1ru7khoo2_500.gif

tumblr_mblq0sZ5Kw1ru7khoo1_500.gif

Dude, have you seen your Yuri recently? You'll definitely want to stay for that.

tumblr_me3yfkMWMF1rusimzo1_500.jpg

TaeNy maybe real but I ship this one instead... JeTi is made of everything good in this planet.

Also, the Tiffany in this page is seriously amazing. Makes me question why I've been fanboying over Ailee the past week or so.

Random topic, is it just me or does she seem kinky as hell? I haven't kept up with WGM recently but the few episodes I've seen of her and Lee Joon depict her as very different than the rest of the two women.

And I gotta agree with Alt. Sunwha has seriously been going up the ranks. I dunno if I'd pick her over Zinger but over Hyosung, there's a slight possibility I would.

2San

I say this any time I see any remotely old content involving DBSK or Super Junior but LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL their fucking hair. Especially Yunho and Yoochun, jesus.

Also all the butthurt DBSK fans in the comments are pretty funny too.
It's the pop culture that inspires Nomura to this very day. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom