• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Kabuto

20130809095327_0035.jpg

Picture is awkward azzz, but she still looks good.

Sojin (소진) - 여름안에서 (In The Summer) (Feat. Zizo) [Deux 20th Anniversary Tribute]

I like this song

vanty

Just checked out that Bar Bar Bar for the first time. I can see why it's popular, just a fun easy to listen to song. Is the circle thing they danced on the same one Running Man used for a pedometer challenge?

No No Eul

allkpop said:
The Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism has revealed their plans to prevent the manipulation of music charts.

For chart rankings, real-time downloads will have a heavier weighted ratio than real-time streaming. Before, there were user IDs that would stream the same song over a thousand times in a short period of time. However, since downloads cost much more compared to streaming (about 20 times more expensive), it will be more difficult for companies to manipulate. Also, the songs which are discovered to have used chart manipulation will not be receiving any copyright royalties.

However, this will have to be adopted by the music sites and industry as this will not be forcefully implemented. Also, the conflict of interest between the large and small labels along with music companies makes cooperation difficult.

Seems a tad half-assed.

The 30 second rule is actually an unwritten rule for content creators who don't have a licensing arrangement with the publishers. But it's become a grey area in the past few years that most creators just avoid using unlicensed stuff especially if they intend to monetize their content.

Interesting. Cheers kookie.

She seems to be the one getting the most attention out of the group, probably from her outlandish hair colour.

Yeah, it's the Lime effect all over again. I think she's really pretty though. Lovely smile.

Also, I hate to admit this but I might just possibly like that Wassup single. It's obnoxious, the lyrics are cheesy as hell and the chorus is crap but I really like the drum beat and the song's hyperactive energy in general.

Jihae said:

Yurinstagram said:
iwCLjfTmd9CSy.jpg

Jogging

ifEMe2MhTJnBN.jpg

Hi ted!!!!!!!!!!! #짜식

iCc6Iggggnyce.jpg

Iuv

irM2ADaPhdMHj.jpg

My bro ♥ #하니닮았찡?!

Jing @___@ said:

Sistar Milk CF
A-HA! Lesson 3 with Fiestar's Jei, Cheska and Cao Lu.

No No Eul

whats the netizen buzz on dat merger?

SM C&C merges with Woollim Entertainment

1. [+114, -8] It's alright for INFINITE but what's going to happen to Nell....

2. [+76, -9] ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

3. [+74, -22] I don't know why people are so worried over Nell. Lee Soo Man isn't an idiot, f(x) and SHINee still get praised for their musicality;;;; I doubt he'd make Nell dance or anything.

-

1. [+668, -62] I don't want INFINITE to take on SM's color, I like them the way they are now

2. [+606, -73] Is SM fully intending to swallow up Korea's entertainment industry? INFINITE's doing fine, don't turn them into SM style

3. [+510, -34] What in the... world!!! Why would Woollim and SM.... I'm so disappointed in Woollim...

4. [+434, -45] SM's getting so greedy for money

5. [+341, -18] Financially, it's good news for INFINITE and Nell... but why am I not happy.

6. [+302, -26] It's not with SM but SM C&C.

7. [+277, -53] Seriously, don't mess with INFINITE

8. [+218, -24] Is this good news for INFINITE? Either way, I hope they maintain their color

9. [+194, -23] Bad news for Nell....

10. [+180, -15] This is crazy... INFINITE under SM? That sounds all kinds of wrong... Is Woollim starved for money? INFINITE's doing fine right now, they don't match SM at all

I was under the impression SM C&C was a more TV-oriented agency for managing actors and MCs so this merger came as a bit of a surprise.

iviKX2PUeVE5S.gif
ibuL4oBC06TZ0U.gif

Pendulum

Commmmebaccccccck

Seungyeon - after 6 years! practicing in the company's training room! hahaha ~ 육년만에! 세상에 사무실 연습실이란 곳에서 연습을 해보다니! ㅎㅎㅎ
BRJXG5ACEAE6yn7.jpg:large

Jiyoung - Come Back Home 열심히 녹음하고 있어요
BRJa5JnCQAAw-7g.jpg

-------

Sera - &#45796;&#47532;&#50640; &#47196;&#49496; &#48148;&#47476;&#45716; Me. &#53960;&#53960;&#55176;&#49828;&#53944;&#47112;&#52845; Sometimes its easier to put lotion on legs this way >_<
BROT1SoCcAAm3SK.jpg:large

roaSone

yo guys, back after a week of vacation! Great to see you didn't miss our goddesses anniversary! Now I gotta catch with all the things I missed this week.
minor Wassup, cause I know I won't like it anyway.

Fafnir

Soshi heading to Vegas on Sunday for their photobook shoot. I'm sure SM watched the T-ara travesty and know what not to do.

AIzxwY7.jpg

FinKL

All these pics/gifs, I could be stuck here for awhile o_0

I was never a fan of f(x), but I heard f(x)'s - Airplane yesterday. Good house/club song, looked up a performance and am hooked.
f(x)_Airplane (Airplane by f(x)@M COUNTDOWN 2013.8.1)

After figuring out who all the members are:
Luna steals the show, vocally and performance wise. She seriously looks so happy, has a lot of energy performing and nails the beginning of the song when she "powers on". She's been hiding from me way too long.
Amber's moves are so crisp too. Krystal was definitely not feeling it though.

Pendulum

Whelp, I'm off to Greece for 2 weeks. Catch you later, K-Pop Gaf! Have fun. :)

tumblr_md0p448BO31rjeaxko1_500.gif

No idea what that says. It's all Greek to me.

ryan-ts

So as previously mentioned, Infinite and others from their company, Woollim Ent, are merging with an SM company. Apparently this is bad news because members of Infinite were crying when they gave their own opinion on the merger. Their comments are weird and seem to indicate that fans are taking the news very poorly. Article here

During their encore stage, Sunggyu said, "The reason why INFINITE was able to come all the way here from the bottom when we debuted three years ago is because of our fans. I'm so lacking that I'm sorry to the members, as well. A lot of people misunderstand. The INFINITE team won't change. We'll give you good music and let you hear great music. I'm hurt because people are misunderstanding. INFINITE will not change."

Woohyun started crying as he said, "There's nothing we did wrong. We just worked hard to be our best from the beginning. We're always thinking about you. Don't misunderstand. INFINITE will get bigger. Please look forward to it.

L also cried and said, "To be honest, we had nothing at first. Now, we have a lot of good people. Even if we go back to the way we used to be, it won't be bad. But a person wants to keep having what he has. I can't imagine not having you. Everyone is precious."

Korean fans (aka children) are dumb sometimes.

tumblr_monii1xdHy1qmlc53o3_250.gif

tumblr_monii1xdHy1qmlc53o1_250.gif

Tangeroo

Tao "accidentally" likes a Tao/Sehun NC-17 fanfic on weibo; makes online news headlines

As if EXO fans weren't in enough of a frenzy already.

Taking away public holidays, Tao has never left Sehun for a day. They skipped lessons together, fought, went to PC rooms. They pretty much did anything boys their age would have done. Of course, including things that they are not supposed to do. Like holding hands, like hugging, like kissing, like doing//it&#8230;

Their first time was on Sehun&#8217;s 17th birthday, and it wasn&#8217;t that long ago that it happened. When it entered his body, it was painful as hell and he cried really hard. He wanted to back out but instead shouted, &#8220;Don&#8217;t stop&#8221;. He is afraid of pain, really, but he is also as tolerant. When the deed was done, even when his butt was hurting, he still could hop and jump around his hyung, smiling and asking for a present.

*Sehun bit his own tongue accidentally in school while eating&#8221;
Tao bent down and enclosed that naked tongue that was sticking out and sucked it, licking it with his own, and then loosening his mouth to look at the flushed face.

&#8220;It&#8217;s no longer painful right?"

tumblr_mbgbfbj5fJ1ri4pvao2_250.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Just gotta say... WASSSSSSSSSSSSSUP!

So like I knew nothing about these girls, I heard something about twerking and Nari being the shit, then I saw that dance video, so I got their song and listened to it on the way to and from work today, on repeat, also during my break at work. I can't think of a kpop girl group song with more energy, it is the shit. I watched their MV and I like their style of having fun and giving no fucks about cultural backlash from either Korean conservatives saying it's naughty or our twerking people saying they aren't good enough. They are fresh and fun and their song is a fucking jam.

ryan-ts

So like I knew nothing about these girls, I heard something about twerking and Nari being the shit, then I saw that dance video, so I got their song and listened to it on the way to and from work today, on repeat, also during my break at work. I can't think of a kpop girl group song with more energy, it is the shit. I watched their MV and I like their style of having fun and giving no fucks about cultural backlash from either Korean conservatives saying it's naughty or our twerking people saying they aren't good enough. They are fresh and fun and their song is a fucking jam.

tumblr_lmfx5faU0e1qk2u4ao1_500.gif

Dice, you're crazy.

Niks

qiBGMZ9.gif

Selane

ibchZgff6SSPTu.gif

Top Bottom