• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Loci

20140321000217_0_59_20140321084204.jpg

http://instagram.com/p/lw0l_vRX7w/
http://instagram.com/p/lwz4OrAjqn/

mr_chun

13 dates in U.S and Canada. That's pretty big exposure for any k-pop group.

I wonder if the audience will get them though.
I kinda get it. They both have that 80s retro vibe going on. They should open with Saturday Night, probably the best potential for hooking that audience.

catmincer

Blablurn

I came to the conclusion that the new japanese album from after school is the best record they ever made. I even go one step further and say its better than everything snsd, 2ne1 and 4minute have released this year.

Eldren

Praise the lord!

BoA is finally moving up the ranks for real at SM

Creative director!

That's awesome news, good for her. Hopefully we start to see the effects of this move sooner rather than later.

Hyoyeon will be MCing at a kpop concert in Vietnam along with Isaac from Vietnamese boyband 365. I read on twitter that SNSD will be performing Genie, Gee, Mr Mr, The Boys and I Got A Boy which is a pretty decent mix of tracks if true. Looks like Sistar, 2PM and Miss A are performing too, so hopefully we get some good fancams.

"[INFO] 9muses will battle Stellar in a makeup challenge on SBS! Star Beauty 4!" Glad to see 7 Muses are still alive and kicking.

Vazduh

Hi, guys! I'm usually over at POPGaf, but I wanted to ask you a K-pop related question, hope you don't mind.

Anyways, what I wanted to ask was, what exactly happened with Rania? If I remember correctly, they were supposed to go to the States last year, they even announced a collaboration with Snoop Dogg and 2Chains, but obviously nothing came out of that. Are they even together as a band anymore?

tekrapid

Neo Member
Just listened to the new After School album. Once again they come out with a solid album that will probably be mostly overlooked.

giri

Hi, guys! I'm usually over at POPGaf, but I wanted to ask you a K-pop related question, hope you don't mind.

Anyways, what I wanted to ask was, what exactly happened with Rania? If I remember correctly, they were supposed to go to the States last year, they even announced a collaboration with Snoop Dogg and 2Chains, but obviously nothing came out of that. Are they even together as a band anymore?

They're supposed to be coming back late April / early May.

Haven't heard anything official but they were meant to be gone for the first 6 months of this year. But yeah, they have a comeback announced. Considering how quiet all the news about any US activities, i assume the whole thing fell through / blew up in their face.

Which sucks, cause rania are awesome.

Hellix

BASED PHOMINUTE

i0EcqtvUdcLNR.gif

Netizens aren't too hot on them though.

1. [+272, -18] The maknae and leader... need to work on their singing... You're singers, after all...

2. [+277, -29] Honestly, I'm not feeling this song...

3. [+140, -17] Their outfits are actually the most wholesome I've seen in a while?

4. [+17, -7] Bad song, bad dance, bad live, all bad;;;;;;;;

5. [+15, -10] They lip synced from start to finish... and Nam Jihyun? Is that her name? Had barely one line and couldn't even sing that. Ugly to boot!!

catmincer

4Minute has two decent singers (Gayoon and Jiyoon), Hyuna who has great stage presence and Sohyun who is enthusiastic and tries her best.

Then there's Jihyun, she doesn't sing well, she gets no lines and she has nothing exciting about her and I still cannot believe she is the leader. You could remove her from the group and nobody would even notice.

Top Bottom