• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Cuddler

2BiC finally released their second mini album and the MV for Love Game!
[MV] 2BiC(투빅) _ Love Game(요즘 바쁜가봐)
If someone is interested in the meaning of the lyrics, English subtitles are available. The song is awesome and the MV is funny. The other songs in the mini album are awesome too, very emotional songs. Here is the iTunes link if someone is interested:
2BiC - Soul Mate - iTunes
Togheter with the MV they released an acoustic live version of Love Game:
투빅(2BiC) - '요즘 바쁜가봐'(Love Game) Acoustic Live
Fantastic as always.
Well, she is at the end of the video and she Tweeted this video:
투빅 요즘 바쁜가봐(홍진영)

iRSXeczmzuF0m.gif

tumblr_l5uih8kWfg1qa0xrqo1_250.gif

7KuUMWz.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
that post just reminded me of vice's guide to the japanese sex industry with the girl at the cuddle room who talked about how she would see couples around the holidays and want them to die

ramyeon

Nah dokish you do not have to be Brad Pitt's twin brother to hook up at clubs, you just have to be confident and assertive. Girls anywhere will make you work for it but that's part of the fun, there's no joy in getting what you want by handing over a wad of cash.

It's already been said but I'd rather be lying in bed with a girl who wants to be with me than someone who is only doing it because she needs the money or has been roped into the job somehow. They will treat you well yeah, but that's strictly business. They treat the next guy who comes in just as well as you, and all of them come out thinking they had a real connection with her.

Also let's not try to justify the sex industry by saying "well they wanted the job so it's okay". Because sure that could be true for some but I think you'll find that if they had alternatives they would not be there, besides which the Korean sex industry is shady as fuck not to mention illegal so none of it is controlled or monitored by the government (Prostitution is legal in Australia and even then there is sex trafficking and shady shit going down).

Kiss Bang BARELY skirt around the prostitution laws because they don't offer sex but as I said a lot of underage girls work for these places and that's kind of fucked up.

Dice

Also let's not try to justify the sex industry by saying "well they wanted the job so it's okay". Because sure that could be true for some but I think you'll find that if they had alternatives they would not be there,
Not that I'm arguing for this sort of thing, but I think you'll find this is true of anyone in a low class job, so it's kind of a weak point.

Blablurn

Do you also wonder where those young singers will be in 20 years? I think it would be surprising if for example SNSD will still exist.

giri

Do you also wonder where those young singers will be in 20 years? I think it would be surprising if for example SNSD will still exist.

SNSD are fine. They've made money, those who want acting careers will get them, and the rest have aligned themselves for after their careers.

I wouldn't be surprised to see fanny in a magazine running it or something.

Taeyeon i assume will always be a singer, just solo or the like.

The ones to wonder about are the lower tier ones. 9Muses, Skarf, rania, dal shabet, a-pink.

giri

AOA is projected to return by May. Though their last title song put forth a sexy theme, the new song will probably target another concept. AOA plans to return before their popularity gained at the beginning of this year fades.

AOA, although a girl dance group, also performs as a band. Though they have gained more popularity as a dance group, AOA is determined not to lose their identity as a band. Staff commented, "AOA is also practicing as a band while preparing for their comeback. It requires more effort and practice, but we don't want to lose sight of AOA's true strengths."

I am yet to find another source that states about their possible comeback, so I am only saying it is a rumour for now...

Possible AoA comeback with a band concept? consider me HYPED.

dokish

Banned
Nah dokish you do not have to be Brad Pitt's twin brother to hook up at clubs, you just have to be confident and assertive. Girls anywhere will make you work for it but that's part of the fun, there's no joy in getting what you want by handing over a wad of cash.

It's already been said but I'd rather be lying in bed with a girl who wants to be with me than someone who is only doing it because she needs the money or has been roped into the job somehow. They will treat you well yeah, but that's strictly business. They treat the next guy who comes in just as well as you, and all of them come out thinking they had a real connection with her.

Also let's not try to justify the sex industry by saying "well they wanted the job so it's okay". Because sure that could be true for some but I think you'll find that if they had alternatives they would not be there, besides which the Korean sex industry is shady as fuck not to mention illegal so none of it is controlled or monitored by the government (Prostitution is legal in Australia and even then there is sex trafficking and shady shit going down).

Kiss Bang BARELY skirt around the prostitution laws because they don't offer sex but as I said a lot of underage girls work for these places and that's kind of fucked up.

I dont think its fair to say that my mention of a specific place is the same as "justifying the sex industry".

This "they would be somewhere else" talk is bulshit becaise these woman could be a barista or a waitress. There is coffee shops opening everyday and hiring. They go for the cash. I am friends with one of them (as in, she is dating my friend and we met a few times to have dinner). She makes more money then he does. She said she joined to pay for school.

Another thing is... this other woman whoo took me, not saying we shared a connection. I could clearly see she was being manipulative several times. I asked for a recommendation and the guy said she was the best, the most famous one. At that time I asked "깍쟁이?" And he said yes... but this is Korea and we know how in the "providing services to men" industry they most of the times dont give a fuck about you. They are mechanical, lack facial expressions and will complain about eveeything you try to do. I appreciate the effort, which means one more time shes VERY COMFORTABLE at what she does.

I dont think someone spends one whole hour kissing. Most of man pay for a single, no bullshity and quick company. Is more about lying in bed and talking than any othee ACTS OF HORROR as everyone seems to think.

EDIT: Im always on my cell so excuse me grammar and sometimes logic. Being surrounded by broken english is breaking mine too.

ramyeon

I dont think its fair to say that my mention of a specific place is the same as "justifying the sex industry".

This "they would be somewhere else" talk is bulshit becaise these woman could be a barista or a waitress. There is coffee shops opening everyday and hiring. They go for the cash. I am friends with one of them (as in, she is dating my friend and we met a few times to have dinner). She makes more money then he does. She said she joined to pay for school.

Another thing is... this other woman whoo took me, not saying we shared a connection. I could clearly see she was being manipulative several times. I asked for a recommendation and the guy said she was the best, the most famous one. At that time I asked "깍쟁이?" And he said yes... but this is Korea and we know how in the "providing services to men" industry they most of the times dont give a fuck about you. They are mechanical, lack facial expressions and will complain about eveeything you try to do. I appreciate the effort, which means one more time shes VERY COMFORTABLE at what she does.

I dont think someone spends one whole hour kissing. Most of man pay for a single, no bullshity and quick company. Is more about lying in bed and talking than any othee ACTS OF HORROR as everyone seems to think.
Nah I'm just saying that it's not quite as simple as "Well they wanted the job so it's okay" when there's so much else at work behind the scenes. Social status, economic status or outside factors could have forced them into the industry. Like you said, a large number of young women in the industry are doing it to raise money for tuition fees - something that is generally covered by the parents in Korea. Yeah sure they could get a part time job at a coffee shop but that's not going to cover it since wages in Korea are so shitty. More alternatives or government assistance for students would go a long way in helping a lot of these girls get the education they need in Korea without resorting to selling their bodies.

I don't think the sex industry is necessarily bad, it's a lot more complex and far less black and white than that, but the current state of the Korean sex industry certainly is. The government has gone the hardline approach in outlawing prostitution and all it has done is make it worse since it goes completely unregulated and unmonitored. That's why you get sex workers in Korea protesting for their human rights so often.

My issue with Kiss Bang end at the fact that a lot of them employ underage girls. Which is just wrong, period. No ifs or buts about it. I'd personally never go since I think the comfort those kinds of services is shallow and fake, and it's something I'd much rather get from someone normally.

dokish

Banned
I agree with you.

I cannot say about "a lot of them" employing underage girl because never heard of it. Maybe is not that common in Seoul and morr common in smaller cities?

I also think prostitution should be regularized. But this is Korea and I roll my eyes even at the thought that someday a president will propose something crazy like that. They are still so retarded and stupid about pretty much everything that is outside the classroom.

Regarding companionship, there is no discussion that being with someone that really wants to share a moment with you is better than payinh for it. But, well... sometimes you gotta go. A number of factors made me go there. I will probably go in the future when I feel the need to chat again, but I can only see it lasting more 2 encounters at the most. It was my first time and I was curious, so its ok.

I respect those women.

I had a bunch of projects to set in motion about Korea, but with the lack of resources (computer) I gave up. Writing here is the easiest way to share stuff.

I was thinking about renting an studio and doing a simple podcast, but I can clearly see that if I dont apply myself during this level 3 I will get fucked. I cannot afford re doing a whole level again.

Stop ignoring my questions and tell me, WHEN WILL I SEE YOU??

giri

Nah I'm just saying that it's not quite as simple as "Well they wanted the job so it's okay" when there's so much else at work behind the scenes. Social status, economic status or outside factors could have forced them into the industry. Like you said, a large number of young women in the industry are doing it to raise money for tuition fees - something that is generally covered by the parents in Korea. Yeah sure they could get a part time job at a coffee shop but that's not going to cover it since wages in Korea are so shitty. More alternatives or government assistance for students would go a long way in helping a lot of these girls get the education they need in Korea without resorting to selling their bodies.

I don't think the sex industry is necessarily bad, it's a lot more complex and far less black and white than that, but the current state of the Korean sex industry certainly is. The government has gone the hardline approach in outlawing prostitution and all it has done is make it worse since it goes completely unregulated and unmonitored. That's why you get sex workers in Korea protesting for their human rights so often.

My issue with Kiss Bang end at the fact that a lot of them employ underage girls. Which is just wrong, period. No ifs or buts about it. I'd personally never go since I think the comfort those kinds of services is shallow and fake, and it's something I'd much rather get from someone normally.

Yeah, i'm dissapointed in how, despite the regulated sex industry in some states in AU, that there is still a locked in sex trade, and unregulated brothels. It's really disturbing as it hints to a lot of corruption in the regulatory bodies.

It's better than most countries. But still, not good enough.

ramyeon

I agree with you.

I cannot say about "a lot of them" employing underage girl because never heard of it. Maybe is not that common in Seoul and morr common in smaller cities?

I also think prostitution should be regularized. But this is Korea and I roll my eyes even at the thought that someday a president will propose something crazy like that. They are still so retarded and stupid about pretty much everything that is outside the classroom.

Regarding companionship, there is no discussion that being with someone that really wants to share a moment with you is better than payinh for it. But, well... sometimes you gotta go. A number of factors made me go there. I will probably go in the future when I feel the need to chat again, but I can only see it lasting more 2 encounters at the most. It was my first time and I was curious, so its ok.

I respect those women.

I had a bunch of projects to set in motion about Korea, but with the lack of resources (computer) I gave up. Writing here is the easiest way to share stuff.

I was thinking about renting an studio and doing a simple podcast, but I can clearly see that if I dont apply myself during this level 3 I will get fucked. I cannot afford re doing a whole level again.

Stop ignoring my questions and tell me, WHEN WILL I SEE YOU??
What level did you have to repeat? A lot of people end up repeating level 3 so I'd definitely try to focus on that first and foremost. Once you get through level 3 then level 4 is pretty much more of the same with a bit more focus on discussing more complex issues so it isn't too bad.

And yeah, the Korean government isn't going to change their stance on it any time soon. Especially the current conservative government who, despite being led by a female, seem to not give a shit about women's rights.

Graduating in a couple of months so hopefully I'll be over there before this year ends, looking into ways to get work over there and what my options are at the moment.
Yeah, i'm dissapointed in how, despite the regulated sex industry in some states in AU, that there is still a locked in sex trade, and unregulated brothels. It's really disturbing as it hints to a lot of corruption in the regulatory bodies.

It's better than most countries. But still, not good enough.
Oh yeah, there's always room for improvement. The fact that there's still problems with Australia's system when it is legal and regulated paints a picture of just how bad it must be in places where it goes unmonitored though, pretty sad.

dokish

Banned
dokeyeon, the OTP
c2a8ed0a.jpg

Wish he comes on the summer, so we can drink until we blackout on the street and then wake up covered in vomit.

--

I didnt failed any level yet. I was just saying that I can see screwing up level 3 if I dont apply myself. The range of the vocab is getting huge and the grammar it is sometimes similar to other ones but with a few usage limitations, so is easy to mess up.

I will finish level 6 by March 25 irc. Not sure if i should start university on spring or fall 2015.

ramyeon

c2a8ed0a.jpg

Wish he comes on the summer, so we can drink until we blackout on the street and then wake up covered in vomit.

--

I didnt failed any level yet. I was just saying that I can see screwing up level 3 if I dont apply myself. The range of the vocab is getting huge and the grammar it is sometimes similar to other ones but with a few usage limitations, so is easy to mess up.

I will finish level 6 by March 25 irc. Not sure if i should start university on spring or fall 2015.
Haha, never slept on the street before... I usually make it back home in one piece.

Ah yes, well level 4 is even more of that. Multiple types of grammar to say pretty much the same thing but with a slightly different nuance. I'd like to go back and finish level 5 and 6 at some point, not sure if it's worth it since I've just completed my Korean degree at university but it'd be nice to finish what I started.

Alta1r

...there's no joy in getting what you want by handing over a wad of cash.

That's...just not true. It's a thriving, robust industry for a reason. I'm sure it depends on the deal you're getting, the amount of the wad of cash you're handing over for what you're getting.

A number of factors made me go there. I will probably go in the future when I feel the need to chat again, but I can only see it lasting more 2 encounters at the most. It was my first time and I was curious, so its ok.

Why go twice when you can go once and have both encounters at the same time! ^^

On that note, dokish, I'm going to your motherland in August for a week (Rio specifically). Any tips?

tumblr_n3vj28zJAK1t3p0f3o1_500.jpg

ramyeon

That's...just not true. It's a thriving, robust industry for a reason. I'm sure it depends on the deal you're getting, the amount of the wad of cash you're handing over for what you're getting.
Well it is for me, the chase is half the fun. I've been to prostitutes before and sure, it was good sex, but it was hardly as satisfying as other experiences I've had. Not something I'd do again.

Alta1r

Well it is for me, the chase is half the fun. I've been to prostitutes before and sure, it was good sex, but it was hardly as satisfying as other experiences I've had. Not something I'd do again.

For sure. The chase is the best part, especially when it's followed up with success. That said, I don't think there's anything wrong with dokish, or anyone else, hitting up an establishment (given that they're not underage or being forced to work there) unless you just stop trying in general and expect it to be as easy as handing over some cash.

tumblr_n3j7pm0cu51s69456o1_500.jpg

ramyeon

For sure. The chase is the best part, especially when it's followed up with success. That said, I don't think there's anything wrong with dokish, or anyone else, hitting up an establishment (given that they're not underage or being forced to work there) unless you just stop trying in general and expect it to be as easy as handing over some cash.
Never said there was. That part you quoted was a lead in to me giving my personal feelings on Kiss Bang in Korea and why I personally don't get the attraction.

That said there are a large amount of guys in the world that are like those you mentioned in your last sentence there.

Dice

he doesn't seem to realize that when you say very unpopular things, posters will bitch about you, and when mods look over those complaints, they will consider your entire history of prior offenses in deciding how to deal with it. he has quite the history, so he should probably just not even post in sensitive topics. he doesn't have common views on sensitive issues, but he does seem to know what people are sensitive about, so I don't get why he plays with fire so much.

edit: some nice apink pics

For all the stupid shit Dokish says, I'm really surprised somebody would go out of their way to report him to get banned... that's kind of a dick move tbh. Use the ignore button if you hate him that much, I've got Feist on ignore since everytime he posts it's a megapost and my internet and computer dies. Some people are just too damn sensitive these days, live a little and see other people's perspectives, it's not going to kill you despite how unpopular and dumb it is... smh.

Also I agree that the chase is the most fun part of a "relationship." It's especially tasking if you can't mack, but once you've got that shit down, it's exactly like taking candy from a baby. Most fun to play with are the ridiculously smart girls who don't fall for the tricks like regular girls do. It's like trying to do a S-rank, all stealth run in a Metal Gear game on European Extreme difficulty. One of the hardest things to do, but the satisfaction, and in this case, reward, at the end is soooo good.

Anyway, I think the alcohol is getting me a little off topic, so here's a glorious Fany gif. Sorry no webm since it ain't mine.

magenta

You don't have to be reported, a moderator just has to read the post in question. Hot topics usually attract moderator scrutiny.

Dice

you know you dun good when they keep cutting to different people and they are all crying in awe

vanty

Why the hell is Ailee still in Korea instead of being some big worldwide star? Give her some decent English songs and she'll make Adele look like Susan Boyle and have money falling out of her eyeballs.

luso

Dokish got dokished.

Actually I don't see the harm of what was posted, someone was overzealous.
On that note, dokish, I'm going to your motherland in August for a week (Rio specifically). Any tips?
Never been there but the usually recommendations I hear about about security is to wear causally clothes, avoid jewelry or wealthy displays (expensive phones, watches) and have always some money with you in case you're robbed, thieves will not be happy if you don't have some with you. I don't have to say to avoid the favelas.
For the good stuff, maybe someone else can help you.

Why the hell is Ailee still in Korea instead of being some big worldwide star? Give her some decent English songs and she'll make Adele look like Susan Boyle and have money falling out of her eyeballs.

In US asians are still regarded as second rate citizens. I mean, it's almost ok to be racist with them, they need to achieve what blacks did in the 60s, she would have a hard time at least to starting up.

In US asians are still regarded as second rate citizens. I mean, it's almost ok to be racist with them, they need to achieve what blacks did in the 60s, she would have a hard time at least to starting up.
I think a record label needs to be very progressive and try some of things that are successful in Asia in the US. It would work but it takes a lot of money for that to happen.

llehuty

Yeah... look for example at BoA's american efforts. :(

Top Bottom