• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

tumblr_n3w66wxxmX1sqalhbo1_250.gif
tumblr_n3w66wxxmX1sqalhbo2_250.gif

tumblr_n3vge1Fte61r3ugmoo2_r1_500.gif

Since Full Moon dropped I've surprisingly liked Frozen in Time more than the Yubin and Yenny tracks. Good stuff.

Still waiting on a proper Mamamoo debut.

IIRC, Ailee was part of some Kore-am agency before she auditioned for YMC in 2010. And as prefaced earlier, Asians are indeed second class citizens in this damn country so nobody pays attention to us. Which is ironic if you ask me since there's a lot of Hispanics in the business and our government is hell bent on sending them back to Central/South America.
Ailee's talent is unquestionable, though. One of the ways marginalised groups have gained acceptance in the states is through the various segments of the entertainment industry. From those who initially weren't considered white (Italians, Jews of various nationalities, Eastern Euros, etc.) to those who still experience challenges and "othering," entertainment has been an oft used platform.

Of course, entertainment alone can't address the broader social issues at play, but talented individuals like Ailee who have crossover appeal can play a surprising part in bringing about progress.

I've actually been thinking about switching it up.. probably not to a "new" Jung Hana pic though. Dammit, why did she do and do that to herself...

Zinger 1.0, R.I.P.
Sadness.

ramyeon

The third Akdong Musician title track, as voted for by fans, will be Give Love. Pretty happy with that. Melted MV is out today at 6PM KST too.

Pendulum

That seems like a posh area to live in.

My initial thought was "not necessarily" as what is inside those Regency style buildings doesn't always reflect the outside, and they are spread throughout the West End in neighbourhoods of all sorts (well, from upper to middle class). Some are very large and expensive, whereas others have been subdivided and are essentially a bunch of small apartments. I've lived in two of them myself, and both were quite different from each other in terms of look, location, and rental cost.

Then I went on Google Maps for 5 mins and found the place Jiyoung is at in that photo (it wasn't hard). Yeah, it's posh. :p (a 3 bedroom flat in the building she is in is valued at £1,650,000). Jiyoung said she was living with a friend, so I wonder if it's being paid for by the parents of the friend as is often the case with students living in that area (one of the Regency places I lived in with some Singaporeans was being paid for by their parents back home).

I may have to go for a walk tomorrow.

-----

Edit:
Kyungri and Jangmoon of SoReal covering "SoYou X JunggiGo - Some"

llehuty

Kyungri(9muses) X Jangmoon(SoReal) - Some (Cover)

Meanwhile...
Sungah said:

Girl's Day USA adventures said:

Akdong Musician's MV for Melted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUCIzn0mRHc&feature=youtu.be

Probably not what most people were expecting
It's a drama MV that doesn't feature them.

Very well done though.

I liked it. Better than them emoting looking to the infinity in different close ups.

Quoting because it's good.

2 minutes of Tae

Removed by the user already. :/

Pendulum

llehuty - I edited my post with the cover song just as you posted yours. Great minds think alike. And thanks be to Erin for her blog.

Pendulum

I'm totally confused about this Burger King and coffee chain stuff. I guess they have a deal with the app that these photos are from.

Edit:
Ah, it's also in Burger King restaurants.

I hope she got some food out of the deal.
tumblr_ml5dr5NwIW1snv3dio1_500.gif

------

Kim Taewoo with Girl's Day in Los Angeles. Didn't recognise him at first.
df84d144c38711e380850002c9f136f0_8.jpg

Eldren

I like Block B, but I am not feeling this one.

Same. I like the verses and the chorus is pretty good, it just feels like they're from two completely different songs and I'm not sure they gel together very well. It's kind of jarring. Maybe it just needs a few listens, I Got A Boy was the same and that grew on me pretty quickly.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
got my signed OC Catallena(?) cd. came with a cup coaster and it didn't come with a nana/raina/lizzy card but with some comedian that i don't know of or care about.. fucking lame.

Top Bottom