• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
lolll IU messing up a big note and stopping everything to explain and do it again and messes it up again.. and tries again. Who else would do it with the same charm
yar. it sucks when an important note finds a real awkward spot in your range. it just comes down to natural variance in your voice and the only option is try a different key or practice practice practice until you've trained your muscles to be more stable in that particular arrangement of tensions.

Pendulum

So good. I at first thought it wistful, then I found the lyrics translation - made me enjoy it even more.

----

[Teaser] SONGJIEUN(송지은) _ Don’t Look At Me Like That(쳐다보지마) with social commentary on human trafficking.

----

Eunjung said:
8ZuhOdt.jpg

----

Edit: Luna
SM says "Luna was on her way to church on that morning. The man next to her is a close childhood friend and they attend the same church. He is not her boyfriend. From what we know, she currently does not have a boyfriend."

Cuddler

2BiC singed in a women only University last week, all those fangirls and they all know the lyrics:
투빅 서울여자대학교 축제에 간다면? 요즘바쁜가봐
That girl at 1:28 looks so happy.
I will be happy too
Interesting, can't wait to hear the full song. Just me or her eyes at the end look so big, not that this really matters, but it looks like they used one of those phone app that let you enlarge your eyes.
Edit: Luna
SM says "Luna was on her way to church on that morning. The man next to her is a close childhood friend and they attend the same church. He is not her boyfriend. From what we know, she currently does not have a boyfriend."
Shindong is watching them, lol.

Shizuka

Is there a chance TTS is going to perform EYES live or is that considered the worst song from the album? Cause it's my favorite.

Ym1r

soyu's voice matches kwon soonil's (that's the guy with the effeminate voice rite?) surprisingly well. Also nam bora looking like shes 16 years old like always.

Eldren

It's Hyoyeon's birthday today (it's still the 22nd for me) and a fansite that's been in low-quality-preview-photos-only mode for nearly a year has finally opened officially.

Happy birthday to the idol that got me into kpop

broz0rs

Good luck to ZE:A, but I just have the opinion that the drama seems manufactured and not very believable. The idea that a kid can go on a Twitter rant and threaten to reveal company secrets, followed up by the owner of the company bow down like a bitch just seems batshit insane. Perhaps the leader and the CEO conspired this to garner attention for their struggling idol group? I don't know much about ZE:A other than I think Mazeltov is the worst kpop song I've ever heard.

Pendulum

There will be no more idols on Hidden Singer because some people couldn't distinguish Taeyeon
It appears 'Hidden Singer 3' is receiving a lot of backlash following the elimination of Taeyeon during the second round of her appearance on the show on September 20. The complaint derives from the fact that the song used in the second round leading to her elimination was not her solo track, but Girls' Generation's "Gee." Furthermore, people are complaining that Taeyeon was not even given her own part in the song, but was given that of another member, Tiffany.

The production crew said that they could understand why the audience members were complaining, but asked for them to be understanding, as well. Producer Jo Seung Wook stated, "'Hidden Singer' is not a contest to distinguish who sings better, nor is it a program to distinguish the real from the fake. It is not a place for mechanical judgment based on synchronization. It is a time to enjoy the footsteps left in a singer's world of music. In Taeyeon's case, she released solo songs and promoted as TaeTiSeo, but she primarily promoted as the lead vocalist in Girls' Generation. So we chose two of her solo songs, one of Girls' Generation's song, and one of TaeTiSeo's song," elaborating that following the footsteps of a singer's world of music involved exploring the representative tracks throughout that singer's career.

"The first and second round are very difficult games for the original singer," he continued. "Even in the past, singers sometimes narrowly made it through without getting eliminated. It is that way because it is unfamiliar, the original singer's characteristic feature is indistinctive, and there is only a short measure to judge by. The people judging are not 5,000 Koreans but 100 people on site. However, it is not an unfair game. The production crew has no ulterior intention, so please understand."

The producer also brought up the fact that others, such as Jo Sung Mo and Shin Seung Hoon, were likewise eliminated at some point, saying that these cases should not be deemed dishonorable for the singers. He pointed out that in Jo Sung Mo's case, his voice had matured greatly, yet people still remembered his past sound with fondness. He also pointed out that Hwanhee sang Brian's part of "Missing You" during his appearance on the show.

The producer also stated, "From hereon, there will be no participant from an idol group on 'Hidden Singer 3,' so there will be no instance similar to Taeyeon's."

Tiffany got them right, as expected

Loci

Yeah, that's just plain retarded.
On another note, I don't even know why that show exists.
I've only seen the IU one and parts of the Taeyeon episode but while those participants may sound similar at some parts, there's no way you can't tell who's the real singer.

luso

Lol. Not conspicuous enough, apparently.

Broad day light, and those were the best photos they could get? You don't need to believe with such poor evidence.

Besides soshi, who would people flip over with someone dating? Clearly Dispatch were on a SNSD catching spree to get attention, were they even trying to find out other idols (maybe Luna now?)
I can only see maybe IU and Suzy getting plenty of interest besides soshi. For girls
actually, women is the right word
Maybe someone of 2NE1. The drugs scandal could have the effect of either much more interest, or people just saying "whatever".

Now that's a controversy over nothing. We've had too many real ones lately.

Yes, was there any other more fit "news" that this one? Well, better not to look what happened this year.

I kinda want to say good shit to Hidden Singer for being straight up about it. Seems like less and less shows want to touch the groups because of oddly oversensitive teenage fans on the internet at this rate.

Pendulum

Edit 2 : Watching the Happy Together episode that was subbed last week that has Yura appearing on it, and I am enjoying Choi Yeojin's attitude. Got some of Gyuri's goddess complex going on. Looking forward to her in this week's Running Man now.

Running Man 213 -
I really enjoyed the first 3/4 of this episode (I can't remember the last time Jihyo laughed so hard (re: Kookie's hat)) and was eager for the return of nametag ripping, but this last game fell short.

neoism

Is there a chance TTS is going to perform EYES live or is that considered the worst song from the album? Cause it's my favorite.
that would be awesome I fucking love that song... hell Holler is the worst song but its still good... but over all the mini is awesome...

luso

I kinda want to say good shit to Hidden Singer for being straight up about it. Seems like less and less shows want to touch the groups because of oddly oversensitive teenage fans on the internet at this rate.

On the other hand, if it's just teenagers ranting, why such attention given to them? Unless they are the target audience?...

Ym1r

iirc the girl who won that round actually sang Taeng's part in Gee, and she won by a landslide. There's definitely some psychological factor to why she was picked, I don't know how to explain it though. It was easy as hell when she sang her actual solo songs though.

Running Man 213 -
I really enjoyed the first 3/4 of this episode (I can't remember the last time Jihyo laughed so hard (re: Kookie's hat)) and was eager for the return of nametag ripping, but this last game fell short.
A Running Man episode without good ole fashioned nametag ripping is such a ripoff. Enough with these ddakji end games >:[

Fafnir

Roommate S2 starting out pretty good. Thank g.o.d. for Joon Hyung, his "American style" broke all the initial awkwardness, especially with the older actress. Very cute when Youngji was going to ask Sunny if she wanted to eat with ITNW bgm.

Ym1r

joon is a fool, hes gr8. I like his style, reminds me so much of Killer Bee in Naruto.

edit: not finished yet with the epi yet, but I just got to youngji's intro, shes really adorable.
edit2: shes real adorable so adorable.

ryan-ts

A Running Man episode without good ole fashioned nametag ripping is such a ripoff. Enough with these ddakji end games >:[

It's been a while since nametag ripping was a part of every episode... as much as I think they've done an admirable job trying to replace it with various concepts, nametag ripping is such a perfect way to conclude an episode of Running Man.

Not only is there a level of suspense and excitement, but nametag missions usually involve some quality interaction between cast members. When a nametag game goes even remotely well, it's incredibly entertaining... I cannot say the same for a lot of the replacements they've come up with. Nametag missions are variety gold and Running Man has unfortunately distanced themselves from an idea that helped bring in so many fans.

I can see why they moved away from the weekly, and even semi-frequent, nametag ripping in an attempt to keep the show fresh. My major issue is that the staff often fails to develop finishes/final games that create a satisfying and worthwhile conclusion, at least in comparison to many nametag battles of the past.

What a cutie.
TlXjK40.jpg

I'm in love.

Same here! Totally love this girl now, she was great through the entire episode. Ruuning to the cars after the first mission
and jumping in a creek for no reason rofl
The hair spray got me so bad haha. Who just does that with a non-descript can of spray lol. I think we will be seeing more of her on variety after this.

JustinBB7

It's been a while since nametag ripping was a part of every episode... as much as I think they've done an admirable job trying to replace it with various concepts, nametag ripping is such a perfect way to conclude an episode of Running Man.

Not only is there a level of suspense and excitement, but nametag missions usually involve some quality interaction between cast members. When a nametag game goes even remotely well, it's incredibly entertaining... I cannot say the same for a lot of the replacements they've come up with. Nametag missions are variety gold and Running Man has unfortunately distanced themselves from an idea that helped bring in so many fans.

I can see why they moved away from the weekly, and even semi-frequent, nametag ripping in an attempt to keep the show fresh. My major issue is that the staff often fails to develop finishes/final games that create a satisfying and worthwhile conclusion, at least in comparison to many nametag battles of the past.

I'm catching up on running man, I watched 142 last night and the name tag ripping felt kinda weak as a finisher. Been feeling that a lot past few episodes, the mini games they play before it have been better. But it's still such an iconic Running Man thing to do, it's hard not to do it.

I'm just worried about the ratings being low that they might get cancelled :(

Then again they are extremely popular outside of Korea, I wonder if that helps. Recently watched the race around asia/sword special. Where they kept getting mobbed by thousands of people everywhere. That was a great special too. Specially the macau tower was amazing.

Top Bottom