• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Pendulum

T-ARA[티아라] "SUGAR FREE"[슈가프리] EDMCLUB Edition

-----
What a cutie.

She reminded me of Hyori with that eye-smile and the way she manhandled people XD

-----

iirc the girl who won that round actually sang Taeng's part in Gee, and she won by a landslide. There's definitely some psychological factor to why she was picked, I don't know how to explain it though. It was easy as hell when she sang her actual solo songs though.

Probably something similar to confirmation bias.

Blablurn

Mix with more of the latter, depends on where you go though. There are some clubs that play exclusively Korean music.

When they play exclusively Korean music do we talk about normal Radio Edits or Remixes like the Sugar Free one from the top of the page?

ramyeon

When they play exclusively Korean music do we talk about normal Radio Edits or Remixes like the Sugar Free one from the top of the page?
Depends on the place again, there were a few places in Hongdae that would play a bit of both when I was there. And then a place I used to frequent that played pretty much exclusively 90s Kpop. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a place that played exclusively EDM Remixes of Kpop though, generally radio edits.

Blablurn

Depends on the place again, there were a few places in Hongdae that would play a bit of both when I was there. And then a place I used to frequent that played pretty much exclusively 90s Kpop. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a place that played exclusively EDM Remixes of Kpop though, generally radio edits.

Thanks a lot : D Appreciate it!

luso

TTS recording for Yu Huiyeol' Sketchbook. Let's see him spazzing lol.
I hope for good covers or maybe other songs from the mini.
Will air maybe in two weeks time?

Kabuto

Sojin & Hyeri for The Star :^)
inLe8wmT3gX6W.jpg
ipaEVOspvNmek.jpg
iQW10mClXDx9Q.jpg

ryan-ts

I'm catching up on running man, I watched 142 last night and the name tag ripping felt kinda weak as a finisher. Been feeling that a lot past few episodes, the mini games they play before it have been better. But it's still such an iconic Running Man thing to do, it's hard not to do it.

I'm just worried about the ratings being low that they might get cancelled :(

Then again they are extremely popular outside of Korea, I wonder if that helps. Recently watched the race around asia/sword special. Where they kept getting mobbed by thousands of people everywhere. That was a great special too. Specially the macau tower was amazing.

It's been over a year since I watched those episodes, so you would know better than me. I do recall being bored of nametag ripping every now and then, mostly when the members really went out of their way to let a guest win. Being a little more current with the series, I wouldn't mind seeing the nametag missions appear a little more often.

Running Man ratings are ridiculously low right now.... but do they have a replacement show that will bring in tons of viewers? This was a show that not even two years ago was bringing in 20% viewership... is there any chance they'll ever recapture something close to those numbers?

One day Running Man will end, that's inevitable... at this point, I just hope the group gets a proper send-off before the show is cancelled.

Peru

Time to end Rnning Man. It's run (hehe) longer than legend Family Outing a long time ago. Get the PD working on a new genius concept.

Cuddler

I'm a little late with this but Hong Yuna (the girl that was featured in one Joayo song and that singed the "Crush" cover that I posted) released her first digital single and MV:
[MV] 잘가, 여름아 (Good bye, Summer) - Hong Yuna (feat. Layback)
I like the song and her voice. The MV tell the story of a lesbian girl. It's nice that they deal with this kind of arguments in a lot of their video.
- Two members of Joayo jokingly flirting while they were singing the "Some" part in their cover
- The same two members broke up in the subsequent cover
- A love story about a deaf guy and a blind girl in the MV for the first Device Hoon digital single
- and now this

Time to end Rnning Man. It's run (hehe) longer than legend Family Outing a long time ago. Get the PD working on a new genius concept.
I think they need to stop some of the specials and follow the structure of the first 50 episodes or so. There is too much of hoopla and no real payoff. No one has time for puzzle solving as the endgame. Currently the best episodes are those with zero guests. Most of the time the guests just take away from the people you want to see (the actual RM members).

Family Outing was such an awesome show. Everything felt so carefree and fun. Running Man can get too chaotic and intense.

Pendulum

I decided to try out ArcheAge and created a character called "Jiyeon". 15 minutes later, I came across a "Yoona". Yoona said there was a Tiffany running around somewhere.

----

I'd be sad to see Running Man go as I still get enjoyment out of it, but as with ryan-ts the only thing I am hoping for right now would be a proper send off (and Yoon Eunhye to appear on the show).

JustinBB7

I wonder how RM is seen in Korea now though, with the ratings so low. When they were at the peak they would get swarmed at locations but that seems to have worn off as well.

Family Outing ran for 2 years and had 85 episodes. I haven't watched it yet but I will at some point, why did that get cancelled?

dokish

Banned
I decided to try out ArcheAge and created a character called "Jiyeon". 15 minutes later, I came across a "Yoona". Yoona said there was a Tiffany running around somewhere.

----

I'd be sad to see Running Man go as I still get enjoyment out of it, but as with ryan-ts the only thing I am hoping for right now would be a proper send off (and Yoon Eunhye to appear on the show).

Oh shit. The game is fully launched? I thought it was beta or something. I never tried the korean version (language barrier and all) but I definitely wanna give it a shot the murican version.

kingkitty

I really dislike the new Running Man eps.

If they're gonna continue in this boring, same direction, I think it's time to pull the plug.

One day Running Man will end, that's inevitable... at this point, I just hope the group gets a proper send-off before the show is cancelled.

Unfortunately, I agree. I still haven't even watched the 2nd part to the amusement park special they had with Ailee. It's a mix of not having time and yeah, the show is a lot more boring than before. They don't even need to get Eun-hye for the send-off, just have a balls out episode of bells and name-tag ripping between the cast.

Anyway, is anybody stanning Soyou already? A friend showed me K.Will's Day 1 and holyeffballs Soyou is hella fine. I wanna start stanning her right after Ailee's promotion cycle lol.

roaSone

In just an episode, Roommate S2 is already better than previous season. I'll definitely tune in it.
I did for the first season aswell

Fafnir

The TaeTiSeo ep 4. The Comeback BTS.

10 minutes of Fany nail art done by a pro, le snooze.
Damn they had to dance on slippery glass with heels.
Stylist Fany.
Kind of want a GoPro, just need a beautiful goddess to play around with it and I'll be getting dat youtube ad revenue.
Minho was the showcase MC.
Very impressed with Fany and her inputs bts, she has a promising future as a producer/director if this Soshi thing doesn't work out.

RwRPQ04.gif
i37AlwW.gif

GV0tSnf.gif
XYyKQHN.gif

rEaYGaq.gif
kR03YGM.gif

bL7UdUf.gif
nMVksLe.gif

6i5i4VF.gif
2bmAL5q.gif

9MSQame.gif
ZaA7Tns.gif

luso

It was nice to see such real input and even direction. They all worked hard for this mini, no wonder they (more to Tiffany) feel this one as their work, within the known limitations of course.
So good to see so many BTS and practicing sessions :)
Next week, NY trip and TTS pool skills.

No Motorcyle? Fail. -.-

I don´t know what everybody else thinks about those 2 choreos, but i find them painfully boring to watch, to the point that i don´t know which one was the most dissapointing of the two. 2 fantastic songs with lame choreos for sure.

I hope the blu ray has amazing quality tho, this was sure a huge preview of the content itself.

Watched first episode of Roommate S2. Seems like there will be a ton of energy and the editing is light years better. Though the whole voice of god PD thing is probably going to be on every episode because people living together is not interesting, they need missions and shit too apparently -eyeroll-

Love that they did not take out the "whats up ho" clearly went over their heads and I hope that it keeps happening haha.

Top Bottom