• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Jesus, this stuff with TOP is just so depressing. He shouldn't've smoked weed knowing the law, but at the same time it's just weed. I really hope he pulls through this.

So much conflicting info I'm really not gonna trust anything until it comes from YG or the BB members.

The police report downplaying the shit out of it yet the dude is in ICU?

Obviously you don't have to be dying to be admitted into the ICU but there's clearly more to it than that, otherwise he would've been discharged out of the ICU already and got sent to the general ward or whatever.

But of course YG doesn't know what the fuck is going on... and it's been more than 8+ hours since this took place! The level of incompetence you see with Korean entertainment agencies is outstanding.

llehuty

I think the problem is news outlets are running to write whatever comes in their direction without checking sources or anything, creating the contradicting reports and everything. I think the way to go is waiting for official reports now.

Changing a bit the mood now, latest Crime Scene episode features best Sojin (aka noona Sojin) and she is adorable in it. Aside form that solid episode
suprised they managed to get the key clues in the last 3 minutes, do they get any tips or something in the final stretch? It was satisfying seeing them gathering all the clues for the first time in who knows how many episodes.

One thing I'm missing this season is that the cast doesn't seem to care about the cause of the death until the last beats, and jump straight into finding dirt on each other for the first half of the episodes. Uncovering the cause of the death and the weapon is, most of the times, a definitive clue on who did it.

Boss Mog

e098fc649d8e56b77f3d1c27415f222e.jpg

I remember that "Whatta Man" outfit from M-Countdown.I was surprised they were able to wear something like that; so thin and skin tight. I mean it didn't leave much to the imagination. Speaking of "Whatta Man" I came across this Harley Quinn version yesterday that I had no clue existed.

llehuty

Never, from Produce 101 has been topping the charts for a while at instiz. Did any of the songs they got out form the 1st season reach those levels? The group out of this show is going to be HUGE. Also, this time, it will last for 18 months. I wonder how other networks are going to react to them, since I.O.I had a very cold reception in their early days, which limited their popularity, IMO. (I still remember at Kcon Paris, nobody cared about them, RIP)

And speaking of Broduce 101, ep. 9 got subbed already (not as fancy as the original sub team, but at least this way the show can be followed week by week this way).

NyoRx

I feel like the vocals for this song don't match the instrumentals very well. But everything else was really nice.

llehuty

It seems like we aren't getting KCON Europe this year, but this thing is happening next month:

urL4ntM.jpg

EXID, highlight, KNK and Snuper (paging pinkurocket).
And only 30 pounds!

EXID is really cool and I really like Snuper. The other two are also good. I'm so thankful that there is no BTS to hog all the attention (and tickets).

(Already bought a ticket, lol).

EU-kpop-GAF better jump on this.

llehuty

9Muses 2nd wave of recruitments for the fanclub is open and Star Empire needs to stop playing games.

17007673_p.gif

They put Sungah in the center even, the nerve...

And I paid more or less that much for only K.A.R.D, lol; that's gonna be a great concert, hope you have fun!

Yeah, it's really cheap. I'm quite hesitant about the venue, though. I was at the Olympia last year for Hyper Japan, and it's just a hangar (unless there is some additional rooms or area I'm not aware of).

Pendulum

Taken from the Reddit thread, a summary of the press conference regarding TOP's condition:
At the time of entry to the hospital, it was noted that T.O.P had signs of hypertension, hypoxia and hypercapnia
T.O.P is still in ICU
The amount of pills consumed was very high
Urine test found high levels of benzodiazepines which are used to treat anxiety
Very strong drug that spreads through the body quickly
T.O.P has not regained consciousness
He is still on oxygen as he is not breathing properly
Pupil response was also not normal
Very high levels of CO2 in his blood
He will need to be closely monitored for a week
Doctors are saying this is a very dangerous situation
Doctors indicated his level of consciousness is improving

It seems like we aren't getting KCON Europe this year, but this thing is happening next month:

urL4ntM.jpg

EXID, highlight, KNK and Snuper (paging pinkurocket).
And only 30 pounds!

EXID is really cool and I really like Snuper. The other two are also good. I'm so thankful that there is no BTS to hog all the attention (and tickets).

(Already bought a ticket, lol).

EU-kpop-GAF better jump on this.

Woah I love that line-up. I'm really into Snuper too, and I enjoy KNK and Highlight. EXID is obviously perfection.
It's happening so soon though, I don't think I can manage that scheduling wise. :I
I never actually travelled to london either.

llehuty

Woah I love that line-up. I'm really into Snuper too, and I enjoy KNK and Highlight. EXID is obviously perfection.
It's happening so soon though, I don't think I can manage that scheduling wise. :I
I never actually travelled to london either.

pinkurocket pls. Check some flights, there must be a Ryants Air combination that could work (I'm going on Saturday morning and coming back on Sunday afternoon).

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
From what it sounds like from the doctors, TOP should recover but he went to the brink. I hope he gets back and can get the help he needs. A friend of mine once tried to OS on morphine and slept for 3 days, so t can happen. Fro. What the doctors said it seems similar, so saying "sleeping" is a bit of a stretch but not completely lying.

I remember on some show years ago TOP had this collection of toys/dolls and said they were his friends (as in, his only friends) and started talking to them. I think they cut to GD saying he is often depressed and pushes people out. I thought it may have been just the show playing things up, but maybe he's really like that. The friend I mentioned really came around to a much bettter state after that experience, so hopefully TOP finds the value of life and learns to let the right people in.

llehuty

Chungha's song is just there. She is everything and makes it work, but she deserved a less generic song, IMO. Let's hope it gets some postive reception in korea and in the charts that can push her and her company fordward. Unleash all the dance practice videos though, she makes it look so effortless.

WJSN song is also ok, they have done better.

Problem is I actually have to work that saturday and I don't know if I can reschedule it yet.

Praying to the kpop gods.

pray10yrsk.gif

llehuty

수빈 (Subin) (달샤벳/Dal Shabet/Dalshabet) - 파라솔 (Parasol) [Idol Drama Operation Team OST Part 1]
Yesssss, Subin delivering the goods. Is Subin in any shape or form part of this show? I might watch it if she is on it.

_________

Didn't they confirm already June's member? Weird.

_________

And 9Muses are killing it in the teaser pic department.

Giving me flashbacks to Dal Shabet B.B.B teaser pics.

Lmao, it actually looks like the same exact bathtub.

PInk Tape

Banned
I really like Chungha's song.

Happy is alright but I dunno how I feel about the chorus. Idk, it feels like the production is a little behind during that section of the song. The album is.. ok, the only tracks that really stood out to me were Babyface and the second track (I think it's called Miracle).

llehuty

I kinda love WSJN's Happy.
The MV is also so well done, really love the art direction in their music videos/concepts.

Boyfriend is apparently coming back in the summer. Hopefully they get something on par with Monsta X and WSJN's quality releases.

The new GD is really good. I was surprised he ended up doing a ballad for his title track, but it's really good, and I'm usually not into ballads. The whole album is a solid release, especially Bullshit and Super Star.

The new GD is really good. I was surprised he ended up doing a ballad for his title track, but it's really good, and I'm usually not into ballads. The whole album is a solid release, especially Bullshit and Super Star.

I've read that Bullsh** was supposed to be the title track, and I wouldn't be surprised, my fav song. Great album overall.

Top Bottom