• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamala Khan and Marvel urge you to get out and vote in Ms. Marvel #13 (preview).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Source: Newsarama

qG3bpGU.jpg

SNuzI7C.jpg

96ytbzx.jpg

PYBp5Nq.jpg

VLfjw2R.jpg

XewR7nW.jpg
MS. MARVEL #13
G. WILLOW WILSON (W) • Takeshi Miyazawa (A) • Joelle Jones (C)

• It’s a new chapter for Kamala Khan! But it’s lonely out there for a super hero when Ms. Marvel’s loved ones no longer have her back.
• Who is Kamala Khan on her own?
• Plus it’s election time baby! Kamala gets out the vote!

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

SpaceWolf

Banned
It's hard to believe Kamala's only really been around for a couple of years. She really seems to have connected with people (including me).

Kamala, quit distracting yourself with pushing your liberal agenda. As the premiere Muslim superhero you should be doing your part by reporting Radical Islamic Terrorism to the authorities!

Kamala might not be the heroine we deserve but she's absolutely the one we need. Makes me feel extra good to see a female and muslim character be this well received.

Kamala is Marvel's best young hero since Spider-Man and it ain't even close. She better be in the MCU before 2020. I'll take even a cameo or easter egg.

Aren't they going to be a day late?

Yeah, the timing is pretty horrible.

Running a little behind, aren't we?

Going to get that audience of 10 people who buy full-price day-one Marvel comics out to the polls.
Sadly, it looks like it's going to be more than a day late; Previews has this issue slipping to November 30 on the release schedule.

Which is probably why Marvel chose to release this preview before Election Day.

Ponn

Banned
Kamala is Marvel's best young hero since Spider-Man and it ain't even close. She better be in the MCU before 2020. I'll take even a cameo or easter egg.

In a perfect world she will be a classmate of Peter in the new Spider-Man movie. They can build her up that way and within a couple of Spider-Man movies have her ready for her own movie.

Voras

I really need to go back and catch up on Ms. Marvel. Some of the stuff with her being a super fan was a bit over the top, but for the most part I really enjoyed what I read of the first few arcs.

Isn't Loki literally running for president right now?

EDIT: Yes.

voteloki_featured.png

Eh, it's not like he has a shot of winning. Marvel usually goes with the IRL president. I could totally see them making Trump into a full fledged evil president like when they had Nixon as the leader of the Secret Empire.

I hope that preview isn't just on Newsarama's built-in viewer. Hell, they should make this part a free digital book.

Kamala is definitely my favorite new Marvel character since... I don't know? Kitty Pryde?

Eh, it's not like he has a shot of winning. Marvel usually goes with the IRL president. I could totally see them making Trump into a full fledged evil president like when they had Nixon as the leader of the Secret Empire.
Spencer's books, particularly Sam's, are already hitting that Secret Empire vibe, and I assume it's only going to get bigger.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I hope that preview isn't just on Newsarama's built-in viewer. Hell, they should make this part a free digital book.

Kamala is definitely my favorite new Marvel character since... I don't know? Kitty Pryde?

Spencer's books, particularly Sam's, are already hitting that Secret Empire vibe, and I assume it's only going to get bigger.

god damn, really?

I'd take a Bolly/Lollywood film lol.

I'm gonna buy it. What is the bloke on the ground doing in the last scene though? Looks like he's trying to look up her skirt/shirt.
He's the "guy on the ground at Liberty's feet" in this Liberty Leading the People homage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty_Leading_the_People

Story-wise though, I'm betting he's one of those Trump supporters unauthorized poll monitors attempting to intimidate "suspicious" people into leaving the polls without voting.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
It's getting released November 30th? That's some great scheduling on Marvel's part.

Garlador

I fully expect her to get her own cartoon or movie sooner rather than latter.

It's rare to see a new hero just hit the ground running like Ms. Marvel has.

PSqueak

Banned
It's hard to believe Kamala's only really been around for a couple of years. She really seems to have connected with people (including me).

Companies try to introduce new characters all the time that it just feels so weird when one of them is truly embraced and on its way to the A-list.

Jokes on her, Clinton is really a Clone/Hydra/Skrull/Ultron/Alternate Timeline/Norman Osborn in a wig!

that one got me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom