• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 --- CLAN - ONLINE PLAY Thread

The_Inquisitor said:
Ok I am confused. Am I in the first GAF West clan or second?

Hm, organize we must. But it's only a few days into the game, so the chaos is understandable. :lol

GAF WEST 2 is actually GAF CENTRAL but full recovery changed the US clans to just west and east.

aj2good4you2 said:
GAF WEST 2 is actually GAF CENTRAL but full recovery changed the US clans to just west and east.

Ah thanks for clearing things up. I bought a headset so I am good to go squad communication wise. Will we be have 16 v 16 matches actually or will we be starting smaller?

dfyb

Banned
would it be possible for the clan tournament to be remade? i joined the proper GAF clan late, so i don't think i'd be able to participate. seems like there wouldn't be any downside to remaking it since it doesn't start until march 5th...

dfyb

Banned
exarkun said:
Wait why wouldn't you be able to participate dfyb?
i think new members can't participate in things scheduled before they joined -- haven't confirmed it, but you get a similar message when you join a clan.

dfyb said:
i think new members can't participate in things scheduled before they joined -- haven't confirmed it, but you get a similar message when you join a clan.

Yea I can't participate because I joined after the tournament started. This is actually a smart idea. It's like padding your team with good players for a tournament after the regular season. But for our purposes it sucks. :lol It's to prevent one team getting an unfair advantage.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
The_Inquisitor said:
Yea I can't participate because I joined after the tournament started. This is actually a smart idea. It's like padding your team with good players for a tournament after the regular season. But for our purposes it sucks. :lol It's to prevent one team getting an unfair advantage.

If clans are allowed to subscribe to more than one tournament at a time I (or any other GAF clan leader) can create another tournament no problem, without deleting the old one. We have plenty of people to fill both.

Anyone knows?

Rorschach

:lol Sounds like I was pissing a lot of people on the other team off in the GAF room. Sorries. :(

I joined late, but the rounds I was in, I got top and second place billing. Did every objective except seek and retrieve (almost). :D Almost done with all those badges.

The_Inquisitor said:
How do you know you can't participate? It doesn't let anyone do anything in the tournament page right now. You have to wait 'till the day of, I think.

Irnbru

The_Inquisitor said:
Ok I am confused. Am I in the first GAF West clan or second?

Hm, organize we must. But it's only a few days into the game, so the chaos is understandable. :lol

We should organize, make some practice matches, also, some unlocking matches, I had to stick around a 32 all pistol clusterfuck to unlock my magnum, annoying, but worth it.

Edit: To really practice I'd say smaller matches, 16vs.16 are just huge killing sprees, even if they are slightly more organized in clan play

Alright I got the game, FUCK YOU AMAZON. Bought it at Walmart.

I hope I still have that invite cause I will be joining today. Do you need a certain amount of points before you can join a clan?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Lion Heart said:
Alright I got the game, FUCK YOU AMAZON. Bought it at Walmart.

I hope I still have that invite cause I will be joining today. Do you need a certain amount of points before you can join a clan?
Nope, you can even join a clan before getting the game if you have a profile up at Killzone.com

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
gutterboy44 said:
Any word on US East 3 leader? Need someone to send an invite, psn: gutterboy44

whoaguitarninja can take care of that. Send him a PM or a message on PSN.

Rorschach

Damnit! When the servers went down last night, they took my stats with 'em. I had an awesome kill streak going and a couple of badges done and now, they're gone. >:| Rabble rabble rabble! Oh well...it was only 2 games worth of stuff. :\

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
dfyb said:
what time (plz specify timezone) will the matches take place? will they all be on the 5th?

11PM GMT. First match is on the 6th (quarters), semi-finals on the 7th and final on the 8th. It's all written in the Events section (clan page in-game).

gutterboy44 said:
Any word on US East 3 leader? Need someone to send an invite, psn: gutterboy44

Invite sent. For anyone else wanting into GAF EAST 3, send me, exarkun, or TheFatOne a pm, it's easier to keep track of everyone that way.

Oh yea, and signups for the tournament day 1 are in the GAF EAST 3 thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=354048

If you're available, have been in the clan for more than 2 days (I think there is a restriction on players that join the clan after the clan subscribes for the tournament...not my rule, it's built into the game), and will be available at 6:00pm EASTERN time on the 5th, put a post in there. There are 7 remaining spots, and 10 spots total.

For TTP, are the 3 matches at the same time on consecutive nights? or are they all the same night?

ashism

Man, I got this game early, but got swamped with school work and crap. I was ahead, now I am behind :(

It's okay, the game is still as awesome.

Facism

-viper- said:
10v10 on the desert map? Doesn't seem to be a good idea to be honest.

Might as well make the game 16v16.

We just did 12v12 i think. It was good, except the opposing team had too many snipers, meaning we won without any real issues.

Btw, why take out the territories type gamemode from the rotation? If anything, those shitty RUN INTO SPAMFEST SHITTY WANKMOD demolition gametypes should be barred. Fucking crap, half the time i leave the game alone to make a cup of tea or use it for a toilet break.

DaFish

TTP said:
11PM GMT. First match is on the 6th (quarters), semi-finals on the 7th and final on the 8th. It's all written in the Events section (clan page in-game).

If I can't make it to the Friday match, am I still able to participate Saturday and Sunday?

GAF East, btw

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Facism said:
We just did 12v12 i think. It was good, except the opposing team had too many snipers, meaning we won without any real issues.

Btw, why take out the territories type gamemode from the rotation? If anything, those shitty RUN INTO SPAMFEST SHITTY WANKMOD demolition gametypes should be barred. Fucking crap, half the time i leave the game alone to make a cup of tea or use it for a toilet break.

Are you referring to my GAF Time to Die tournament? I didn't take out anything.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
DaFish said:
If I can't make it to the Friday match, am I still able to participate Saturday and Sunday?

GAF East, btw

Sure. All you have to do is join the match 15 minutes before it begins. If there is still room in your team, that is.

Facism

TTP said:
Are you referring to my GAF Time to Die tournament? I didn't take out anything.

oh no, just the current GAF 500 Error server that's running :p

I won't be making and tea or toilet angels during that, blood :lol

DaFish

TTP said:
Sure. All you have to do is join the match 15 minutes before it begins. If there is still room in your team, that is.

sweet thx... I'm sure finding a spot is going to be the hard part :/

Foil

Finally got my copy. Could someone please send me an invite to whatever GAF East clan still has room.

PSN = Foil

Facism

Rapping Granny said:
Yes and you're Beamer! I promoted you, your first job as an officer is the post above us, invite him:D

I played with you earlier. Live_Feed.

Also, :lol @ fullrecovery as my Sabateur clocked yours on Radec Academy. Hearing you cursing made me lol.

Who was the gaffer who got 8 kills with 1 grenade on Blood Gracht? We all felt stupid, i can assure you.

Raist

Banned
I'm setting up a game since GAF error 500 apparently died

EuroGAF

password as always

20pl max

No changes (except on bodycount, 50 kills in 10min)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Lion Heart said:
So how do I accept clan invites on killzone.com? I dont see it.
The stat & clan sections of Killzone.com are down at the moment. : (

When the site is fixed, it should be in the Communication Center on the lower right of My Killzone iirc.

screen-capture.png

Raist

Banned
Core407 said:
Someone mind sending me a clan invite? PSN ID is Hijack500 ...

Don't see the EuroGAF game anywhere.

My system froze again >.>

Restarting it in a few secs. I mean the game.

Wait, so guys, how do we get into the clans? Maybe i shouldnt get invited yet anyway, i spent a few deaths getting used to the game, so i need to rack up my K/D ratio first...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
TTP said:
***TO ALL GAF CLANS LEADERS!***

I have created the first GAF Time To Die Tournament. Since there is no way to make it "private", I ask all GAF clan leaders to subscribe to the Tournament as soon as possible! I've set up 8 clan slots, so even if some other clan joins, there should be room for all GAF clans. But be quick! The is no entree fee but 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed earn 10, 5 and 1 vp respectively. .

HOW TO SUBSCRIBE

Fire up the game, select Warzone, go into CLAN > Tournament and select "GAF Time to Die" from the list. Scroll down until u find it. It's there.

DETAILS
All details are in the tournament overview page you can check out in game, but I'll post some here.

Map: Pyrhuss Rise
Game modes: all (full Warzone)
Badges & weapons: all

# of clans: 8
# of players: 20 (10 vs 10) -- we will see how it goes and up the players count next time.

Period:
-- this weekend (Quarters on Friday 6, Semi-Finals on Saturday 7 and Final on Sunday 8).
-- Every match starts at 11:00PM GMT time (check in-game details for your time zone)

Reposting for promotion. 5 GAF clans already subscribed. We have 3 slots left.

FromTheFuture said:
Wait, so guys, how do we get into the clans? Maybe i shouldnt get invited yet anyway, i spent a few deaths getting used to the game, so i need to rack up my K/D ratio first...
Send a clan leader or officer from your region a pm asking to be in. Where are you located?

EAST 3 also desperately needs 6 more members to participate in the tournament on thursday. Post here

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=14975757#post14975757

If you can make it on thurs/fri(if it goes well)/sat(if it goes really well) at 6pm eastern time.

WHOAguitarninja said:
Send a clan leader or officer from your region a pm asking to be in. Where are you located?

EAST 3 also desperately needs 6 more members to participate in the tournament on thursday. Post here

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=14975757#post14975757

If you can make it on thurs/fri(if it goes well)/sat(if it goes really well) at 6pm eastern time.
I've already posted my info, I've been placed in GAF East 2. It doesn't even seem to have a leader, or atleast thats what the OP is suggesting.

Top Bottom