• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 --- CLAN - ONLINE PLAY Thread

Nightz

The_Inquisitor said:
So GAF West 2 What's going on match wise and whatnot. Do we have a practice schedule yet or anything. I am still trying to get to grips on the maps, going to be watching the walkthrough videos on Killzone.com soon.
Just wondering, who is your clan's leader and about how many active people do you have?

Cagen

Raist said:
Booo the other clan challenge is full already :(

You should have messaged me man, I would have let you take my spot. I saw you log off so I didn't know you wanted in.

We just won our 3v3 match, though it was really 3v2. We didn't start off too well with Dave forgetting to enter the game :lol but shortly after that we started working together well, sticking close to each other as a team with good communication.

For winning we won an additional 1000 valor points as well and I think our first clan medal, which was nice.

Dave1988

Raist said:
Booo the other clan challenge is full already :(

You just weren't fast enough. If this will cheer you up, we won!

And got an additional 1000 Valor points bonus for this being our 10th clan win. :D

Cagen said:
We just won our 3v3 match, though it was really 3v2. We didn't start off too well with Dave forgetting to enter the game :lol but shortly after that we started working together well, sticking close to each other as a team with good communication.

Sorry, was cought up reading the "Killzone 2: Smoke and Mirrors" drivel :lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Cagen said:
For winning we won an additional 1000 valor points as well and I think our first clan medal, which was nice.

That was a nice surprise. I was indeed wondering earlier what those greyed out medals were for in the Clan page. Turns out you unlock the Bronze one at your 10th win with an added bonus of 1000 valor points. I wonder what the requirements/rewards are for Silver and Gold.

Ilparazzo

Wooo, go GAFe!!
TTP said:
That was a nice surprise. I was indeed wondering earlier what those greyed out medals were for in the Clan page. Turns out you unlock the Bronze one at your 10th win with an added bonus of 1000 valor points. I wonder what the requirements/rewards are for Silver and Gold.
if you put the cursor over them in KZ.com they say its for the 10th 50th and 100th or something like that ( I saw it a while back), I'm guessing the rewards are a bucket load of points.

Sykra

TTP said:

Thats cool, didn't know that.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ilparazzo said:
Wooo, go GAFe!!

if you put the cursor over them in KZ.com they say its for the 10th 50th and 100th or something like that ( I saw it a while back), I'm guessing the rewards are a bucket load of points.

Just checked. It's 10, 25 and 50. No idea about the associated bonuses.

Lince

Banned
TTP said:
Exactly. But that happened because, as I said, we didn't have roles. Next time we should define defending and attacking teams, and stick to that.

Like, in a 8vs8 match

Team Alpha (defenders)
- Tactician with air drones for keeping defenders where they need to be.
- Engineer with C4 mining the shit out of everything and placing turrets.
- Engineer with repair for placing turrets and repair that damn turret in the balcony in Salamun Market.
- Scout with Spot and Mark concentrating on killing enemies placing/defusing charges in S&D

Bravo Team (attackers)
- Tactician with boost for pushing the team forward
- Saboteur with C4 to sneak to the objective and place C4s like there is no tomorrow.
- Assault with boost for delivering propaganda speakers and placing charges (as he can sustain more damage while he is "idle" placing those charges)
- Medic to keep the team alive as much as possible

excellent TTP, next game I will ask what my role and class should be and stick to it accordingly. I don't have any preference so I can take whichever role is left in my Alpha/Bravo Squad anyway. GAFe for life ! we're just starting !

TTP said:
Exactly. But that happened because, as I said, we didn't have roles. Next time we should define defending and attacking teams, and stick to that.

Like, in a 8vs8 match

Team Alpha (defenders)
- Tactician with air drones for keeping defenders where they need to be.
- Engineer with C4 mining the shit out of everything and placing turrets.
- Engineer with repair for placing turrets and repair that damn turret in the balcony in Salamun Market.
- Scout with Spot and Mark concentrating on killing enemies placing/defusing charges in S&D
Kind of pointless to have 2 engineers, no? One is enough to place turrets. I'd replace the C4 Engi with a C4 Medic. That way you'll also get an extra Assault Rifle out there.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Danne-Danger said:
Kind of pointless to have 2 engineers, no? One is enough to place turrets. I'd replace the C4 Engi with a C4 Medic. That way you'll also get an extra Assault Rifle out there.

But you can place turrets faster if you have to engineers. And shotguns >>>> rifles for defense. Especially against Assaults. I think they are quite more vulnerable to shotguns compared to rifles.

Besides, wtf at the bronze clan medal not showing up in our clan page?

TTP said:
But you can place turrets faster if you have to engineers. And shotguns >>>> rifles for defense. Especially against Assaults. I think they are quite more vulnerable to shotguns compared to rifles.
Well yeah but it's not a huge handicap IMO. A single Engi can get a defense up reasonably quickly with the regular recharge and using the fact that a death is an instant recharge. Just be a bit more offensive during “safer” times and you can place turrets like a madman even when alone.

Weapon preference comes down to the map, having an extra assault rifle with the ability to resurrect is IMO more valuable than an extra turret for eg. Pyrrus Rise. On smaller maps then yeah, shottys could probably be a better choice.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Danne-Danger said:
Well yeah but it's not a huge handicap IMO. A single Engi can get a defense up reasonably quickly with the regular recharge and using the fact that a death is an instant recharge. Just be a bit more offensive during “safer” times and you can place turrets like a madman even when alone.

Weapon preference comes down to the map, having an extra assault rifle with the ability to resurrect is IMO more valuable than an extra turret for eg. Pyrrus Rise. On smaller maps then yeah, shottys could probably be a better choice.

A medic it is then.

Facism

good games, guys.

I wish i could have recorded that Assassination on Salamun :( Was awesome charging through 6 of the enemy team as a boosting, shotgun-wielding medic and brapping the target point blank :D

Raist

Banned
Nice couple of games guys :D

TTP there's a shitload of clan challenges requests :lol

Two of them are at the same time heh

TTP said:
Just checked. It's 10, 25 and 50. No idea about the associated bonuses.
I'd bet it's 1000, 10000, and 100000. That would absolutely explain how the top 13 clans all have Valor of 111-thousand-odd. They've just played 50 clan challenges and won without betting much Valor at all. They may even just have made up some fake clans with alts and "won" by forfeit.

Edited to add: That last bit is unkind; I don't need to assume they cheated. Let me retract the accusation, and point out that after a while lots of clans will have 100k+ Valor from winning 50 challenges.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Raist said:
Nice couple of games guys :D

TTP there's a shitload of clan challenges requests :lol

Two of them are at the same time heh

They weren't supposed to be. I discovered a bug. Every time I set a game on 14th it registers as 15th :/ So my intention was having one on the 14th and one of the 15th. The former got magically changed to 15th. I had to propose a challenge on 13 in order to actually have it set for 14. wtf.

Sucks there is no way to modify it.

Also, one clan has apparently made some changes to a challenge I proposed. I got the message telling me that, but the match disappeared from the Events page and I have no idea how to check/confirm those changes :/

Lince

Banned
good games tonight guys, bloody TTP got me a couple of times when I was about to score in S&R but shortly afterwards he was carrying the propaganda speaker and I waited for him to pass by the red barrel and... *boom* RAGE RAGE RAGE !! :lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Lince said:
good games tonight guys, bloody TTP got me a couple of times when I was about to score in S&R but shortly afterwards he was carrying the propaganda speaker and I waited for him to pass by the red barrel and... *boom* RAGE RAGE RAGE !! :lol

I so knew that was coming. It was too much quiet in front of me. :lol

Nice games people, even if I abuse of the engineer :D (damn you turret medal, one to go). Lots of funny situations anyway. I hope I'll play some of the clan challenges, but lately college keeps me very busy, at the end only I play at late night

Lince

Banned
Vasilisk said:
Nice games people, even if I abuse of the engineer :D (damn you turret medal, one to go). Lots of funny situations anyway. I hope I'll play some of the clan challenges, but lately college keeps me very busy, at the end only I play at late night

it's all good, we're a bunch of people playing late at night you know... oh, and you should definitely play the clan challenges ! you got mad skills with every weapon !

Cagen

TTP said:

Besides, wtf at the bronze clan medal not showing up in our clan page?

I think it might have been a bug, according to the clan page we only have 9 wins so we don't actually qualify even though all 3 of us saw the page stating we had won it. We also didn't receive the valor so maybe it will all be corrected at our next win (tomorrow guys!).

Lince said:
it's all good, we're a bunch of people playing late at night you know... oh, and you should definitely play the clan challenges ! you got mad skills with every weapon !

Thanx Lince, you're pretty good too, yesterday you blew my engineer's head like 100x times. I'll try to play the clan challenges, it's great to play with you guys :D

Raist

Banned
TTP said:
They weren't supposed to be. I discovered a bug. Every time I set a game on 14th it registers as 15th :/ So my intention was having one on the 14th and one of the 15th. The former got magically changed to 15th. I had to propose a challenge on 13 in order to actually have it set for 14. wtf.

Sucks there is no way to modify it.

Is it for challenges you set at 00:00 GMT?
If so, maybe that's why it "bugs"

dazed808

Cagen, Lince - i'm after the turret and air thingy ribbons - can't put mike on, misses is asleep next to me!
What are you guys after?

Edit:Sorry fellas gotta run, nearly there on a couple more now, cheers lads

I asked this earlier, but I will ask again.

Is GAF East 1 planning on getting in some competitive clan battles? Full Recovery? Kittonwy?

Just wondering, the 3 tourneys we were involved in were at like 6pm, waaaaaaaay to early for me.

I would love to play any evening from 9:30pm to 1am ET. That would be a perfect time.

I REALLLLY want to play in my first official KZ2 clan match. I would like to play a couple a week. That would be pretty fun.

Dave1988

Wow, our performance in the 4vs4 match was shit-tacular.

No organisation, no tactics, nothing...

We really need to get our shit together and soon...

Cagen

Yeah we were pretty poor, though to be fair to us we were close in body count and capture/defend. We got our asses handed to us in search and destroy though. I played terribly too, which I will fully admit. Not sure why as I have been playing during the day and have been fine.

When it was myself, Marcel and Dave we had the teamwork down and it went so smoothly (albeit only against 2 people, I don't think a 3rd would have helped though), when we don't everything goes to shit. Though I do hate large maps like Salamun for only 4 players a side.

Lince

Banned
yeah sorry I couldn't do much either in that last clan match... the GP team is very good at aiming and boosting at the same time, I guess I should stay in the b-team until I put my shit together, I'll be cheering you guys from the bench :D

Sykra

Good game tonight as well, you are good players but have no tactic( we are all playing together since resistance1 :) ), of course that changes in time. Regarding the challenge tomorrow, we can't accept since its too early, we only do matches from 7pm.

Top Bottom