• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

Grinchy

Banned
My PS4 should have finished downloading and installing Intercept by now. If there's anyone who wants to play, I'll be online in 7 hours.

Nice, if I'm playing it later tonight I'll send you an invite. My brother could be online too so we'd have 3/4 player already.

Korten

Banned
Keeps telling me for intercept:

We're sorry, this product cannot be purchased at this time. (E-82000113)

:(

Edit: Okay, got it to download, went to "my addons" and it began to download.

btkadams

I thought they said people who didn't have the season pass would be able to play coop with a friend that does have the season pass. No mention of it on the ps blog today. How does that work?

I'm enjoying Intercept for the action, which is great, but its only worthwhile with 3-4 players. 2 players may be doable but I don't see how much fun that'd be. 1 player is useless, even in training mode. Playable, but barely, and having all AI pinpointed on you, through smoke and foliage and distance, while half pointed the other way, just rots.

Worse though is that the weapon challenges aren't taking, at all. If you want anything beyond the starting weapons you'll need to complete quite a few challenges for each - and as far as I can tell none of them are registering, and that seems to be the case with others if not everybody.

For something that took seven months to release, this feels slim, and considering the day one bugs, unfinished.

It'll be fun times for a group of 3 or 4, after a patch.

Public games have been a real mix of ninja players, players who don't know what planet they're on, and flat out trolls blocking doorways, running into danger and eating up the team's points with their deaths. You can't match-make with a preferred class in mind (which isn't so bad), but you also might be thrown into the last seconds of a match, with not enough points to spawn even a single time - that happened to me a few times tonight.

How long have they been working on this, really?

Grinchy

Banned
Co-op seems broken for me. I keep getting the same error and getting booted out to the home screen. It happens to Roe-Bear too.

So you guys are in a party when that happens, right? The party system has been broken for me and my brother ever since the 1.7 firmware update (at least for Killzone). Whoever starts the game up will get in, but the other person in the party will get the error (CE-34878-0). Every time.

You can still play together if you have one person join, then when they're in, the other person can join from the in-game friends list. But it seems like when I do that with my brother, one of us gets kicked out during the match.

He got really pissed earlier because he was unlocking challenges and got kicked right before it was over. So he has no co-op progress still. I kinda regret buying the DLC if Killzone will always have the broken party system issues from now on.

Worse though is that the weapon challenges aren't taking, at all. If you want anything beyond the starting weapons you'll need to complete quite a few challenges for each - and as far as I can tell none of them are registering, and that seems to be the case with others if not everybody.
I was wondering about that. I saw the challenge list was asking for banking a certain amount of points. I definitely banked enough for certain upgrades, but then I started to wonder if it meant doing it at once. Like, maybe you need to bank 500 points in one go instead of over the course of the match. So you'd have to get a ton of points and live long enough for the multiplier to kick in. I have no idea though.

I was wondering about that. I saw the challenge list was asking for banking a certain amount of points. I definitely banked enough for certain upgrades, but then I started to wonder if it meant doing it at once. Like, maybe you need to bank 500 points in one go instead of over the course of the match. So you'd have to get a ton of points and live long enough for the multiplier to kick in. I have no idea though.
Some of them start at 100 points banked, and I've definitely done that - several times over. And the official forums have others complaining about the same issue, so I think this is just bugged.

I don't mean to completely shit on the mode in my post, because I do enjoy playing each of the classes, and there are some interesting skirmishes that can develop, and some situations where real teamwork is needed to push back the tide. And the support options you can activate with those petrusite cannisters are also all appreciated - jetpacks, miniguns, mortar strikes, the works. All good stuff.

So I guess its got it where it counts, but its a little busted. And I wish it was solo-able, or had even limited bot support, especially since the bots have grown much smarter and more capable in warzone.

Grinchy

Banned
^Yeah and now that I think about it, I think there are even challenges for like 15,000 points, which no one is going to get in a single life.

I feel like the Killzone series always tends to do certain things incredibly well, but they always have some nagging little issue that sours the experience. Not being able to unlock new weapons in this mode is definitely a sour note.

I managed to play a few rounds with RoeBear. We did this by me going into a game, and RoeBear joining through the touch pad menu. This mode is pretty tough! You've got to defend capture zones and kill enemies, which there are a lot of. And you've got to bank the points you earn at your base. There was one match where we could have won sooner, but some random teammate didn't bank the points we needed. Overall, I had fun. Tactician can rack up tons of kills just by placing the turrets in front of enemy spawn zones.

Co-op seems broken for me. I keep getting the same error and getting booted out to the home screen. It happens to Roe-Bear too.
This happened a bunch tonight - every time we tried to start a match with our party of two - private Intercept, public, training, made no difference. I would load up fine but my buddy would crash out of Killzone entirely just before the loading screen.

What did work was for me to load up a custom intercept and have him join my game from the beginning of the match, but that's a shitty workaround that reminds me too much of BF4.

So add that to the list of things that need fixing: Starting a match and bringing the party along.

When we were ion, fun times were had though :)

So fix this shit Guerrilla!

I think they're double gated behind a class challenge and then the weapon challenge - The rumbler started to unlock for me after I reached Rank 1 Marksman.
So it doesn't start counting the challenges until you rank up in your class? Makes some sense actually, and good to hear that its not a bug. Couldve used with a little explanation though.

EekTheKat

Wait so the ability to unlock new weapons is bugged?

I think they're double gated behind a class challenge and then the weapon challenge - The rumbler started to unlock for me after I reached Rank 1 Marksman. Now I just have to do the 12 additional challenges to unlock the Rumbler.

The other rifles are still locked though.

stoneule

Neo Member
I want to love this game. I do, honestly. But the controls feel so slow and clunky I just can't. I wish they'd improve how responsive the game feels.

keakster

Anyone know what happened to the "official" Extended Warzone lobby?

Was playing last night but when I booted up this morning there is only 9v9 Classic Warzone ... and I was just starting to enjoy MP ...

edit: and it's back

Grinchy

Banned
The update with the 2 new maps is up. I didn't actually know that 2 new maps were coming. I'm a little out of the MP loop (but the coop is awesome!)

so the maps are already up?
Edit: Nope not yet
5ma1i19.jpg

looking at this we will get new coop maps next month too

Grinchy

Banned
Ah shit, the patch notes just said "adds support for the 2 new maps" and I jumped the gun. I kept wondering why I couldn't find them in the store and couldn't use them in botzone. I've been too hooked to coop to give a shit though.

thenexus6

I recently noticed I've unlocked a grenade launcher for my support class. I equipped it, pressed every button until I found it was L1 to choose in game but it doesn't fire! What gives? I have three ammo with it

Nexfero

Neo Member
If you are talking about the support class they don't have a grenade launcher attachment. They do have a missle launcher that can only lock to enemy equipment, like ground turrets, air drones, and nano shields.

thenexus6

If you are talking about the support class they don't have a grenade launcher attachment. They do have a missle launcher that can only lock to enemy equipment, like ground turrets, air drones, and nano shields.

Interesting, this one is attached to my gun - is that it?

GoaThief

They do have a pineapple thrower of sorts, that robot spider thing which fires and one hit kills if it lands directly. If not it just wanders about.

thenexus6

So I noticed theres a new DLC of free maps.. I added to my downloads but nothing is happening.. weird.

Are the two maps previous paid ones or just new free ones? Also 8GB download! That seems very high to me for just two maps..

Edit so theres four maps in total? They are all downloading now finally

Grinchy

Banned
The new maps are very impressive. They were running pretty poorly for me last night (low framerate) but they are awesome. Easily the best maps they've made for Shadowfall yet.

The new maps are very impressive. They were running pretty poorly for me last night (low framerate) but they are awesome. Easily the best maps they've made for Shadowfall yet.
The new maps start off chunky for me, but play great after about 20 seconds or so.

Terminal is all kinds of gorgeous, and hectic, with a lot of ways ot make your way around, and having those deadly trains running all the time adds just enough to put it over the top for me. Love it.

Stormgracht though? Not quite so much. I love the water effect, but having a move that functionally denies one team any actual chance at an objective (the ground level control points) isn't something that adds to a fun match. Its also far too conducive to ever-present aerial drone spam. Love the visuals, but not really how the matches play out.

Grinchy

Banned
Hey guys, I have a question that maybe someone can answer. How exactly do you show the amount of players in a playlist like the picture in this post?

There aren't any numbers in any of the warzones/playlists next to the controller icon in my game.

They changed it. It no longer shows the number of player there. Most likely this is to hide the absurdly low playercount. You can still sometimes see how many players are in the playlist while the match is loading, though. It just isn't on screen for very long and sometimes it doesn't display anything (just says "retrieving" or something).

One night I was playing coop and I had the 5 controller logo for the playlist. As it was loading, I saw that it had 13 players in the playlist. LOL. 13 players was enough to trigger the highest playercount rating of 5 controllers.

Mechazawa

Wow, really? I thought I was missing an option or something. They really just need to swallow their pride because there's actual utility for me in knowing how many people are in which playlists during a certain time of the day.

Nexfero

Neo Member
Just selecting a playlist while it load shows you how many players and games are currently in play. At a glance the game controllers will tell you how popular the playlist is. The most I ever seen is three contollers mostly on deathmatch and sometimes on extended and the least is classic, but I tend to play odd hours.

One night I was playing coop and I had the 5 controller logo for the playlist. As it was loading, I saw that it had 13 players in the playlist. LOL. 13 players was enough to trigger the highest playercount rating of 5 controllers.
The lowest I've seen so far has been 8 intercept players on the US West Servers. Its insane.

Especially considering that I ended up jumping in anyway with a buddy and had some absolutely amazing matches. One assault and one medic on a regular mission can be insanely epic and harrowing because the game never lets up. It was 40 minutes of desperation and endless full-aggro waves until other players dropped in for the final moment of that match and a few matches afterwards as a full team.

Nexfero

Neo Member
I'm in the clan but haven't seen anyone in over a month or more. The clan system isn't very good either but I don't think anyone still plays much any more. Maybe we could make another clan if there are enough interested and or still playing, since a better clan system is coming soon. I will probably be playing a little less since Garden Warfare and Destiny are been released soon.

MADGAME

After the 2 new maps released, I noticed all my class abilities are maxed out to level 11. I wasn't even close on several of these, and I only played as Insurgent once in a Botzone so this is an error. After noticing this I checked my challenges, accolades, stats, etc and they all look as they should. Not positive it's related to the recent map release but did not notice until now.

Did this happen to anyone else?

Lvl11_zps46c3fa2d.png

EDIT: After looking at co-op weapon unlocks, it seems the kill requirements to unlock weapons have been reduced from 200 to 50. This will make unlocking the sickle for the Tactician using the Judaz 75% less irritating.
Did I miss a redesign/changelog announcement? I didn't see anything on the official site but to be honest I didn't look very hard.

Ashtar

So what's the final word on Intercept? With Destiny gone till september I'm looking for another online game to get into, I actually really liked Killzones MP when I wasn't getting spawn camped.

kakashi08

How good is the multiplayer? I've preordered the white PS4 destiny bundle.
Going to be playing Destiny online a lot, I already have BF4 on PC, its runs good for me. Got the gtx 780.

Main Question: Other than Destiny, what other online game should I get. This or BF4?

Help me GAF!

Since installing a new HDD on my PS4, I can't access any of the new maps in offline Botzone. (It also doesn't let me access them in online MP, but really I just want to play bots.) I installed the game, downloaded the patch, download all 3 map packs from the store and also let the game sit for a while at the MP screen while it installed even more data.

I'm completely lost for ideas, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: activating my ps4 as primary and restoring licenses fixed it

Nexfero

Neo Member
Help me GAF!

Since installing a new HDD on my PS4, I can't access any of the new maps in offline Botzone. (It also doesn't let me access them in online MP, but really I just want to play bots.) I installed the game, downloaded the patch, download all 3 map packs from the store and also let the game sit for a while at the MP screen while it installed even more data.

I'm completely lost for ideas, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: activating my ps4 as primary and restoring licenses fixed it
Glad we could help.

RoeBear

How good is the multiplayer? I've preordered the white PS4 destiny bundle.
Going to be playing Destiny online a lot, I already have BF4 on PC, its runs good for me. Got the gtx 780.

Main Question: Other than Destiny, what other online game should I get. This or BF4?

I'd guess BF4 since there aren't many people that still play this.

So played a little Intercept over the weekend. Looks like GG has removed the part that lists the total players on servers in your region during matchmaking. You still see total games and the number of players in the best match. I guess it was only a matter of time.

And maybe its just me but I think GG also tweaked the difficulty. Enemies seem more accurate, enemy snipers seem to do more damage, and I'm seeing more aggressive flanking and counter-attacks. I'm fine with the added difficulty, bot god damn it took us all by surprise and kicked our ass quite a bit before we got re-acclimated.

master15

Hello GAF folks,

I bought game along with a shiny new PS4 a few days ago and finished single player today. Wanted to jump into multiplayer with GAF individuals. Please add me, my PSN is- sheepboy29

By the way, how active is the co-op mode?

Anybody have a solution for the "waiting to install.." issue? I have the season pass and not being able to play the new maps or the intercept and insurgent packs is really killing the mp for me.

Paertan

About the Medic Drone in Intercept.
It is a bit sensitive to the enviroment and can easily explode upon activation.
Also it always explodes on activation if you have Jetpack equipped.Or when you equip the Jetpack.
Which apparently is intentional. I asked on Twitter. Wanted to explain my question better but hey Twitter only allow 140 characters.
But I want to be able to cycle past Jetpack to Minigun without it exploding. And I rather it exploded as soon as you used the booster of the jetpack. So you can use the Jetpack gun, but not fly.

Scoot2005

Banned
Alright. I love the multiplayer of this game but it infuriates me. I don't know what it is. I'm not the greatest but holy fuck some of the things in this game are just off.

Top Bottom