• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

leng jai

I wish they'd get rid of spawn invincibility on spawn beacons. So ridiculous getting killed by someone after you shoot them 10 times. At least make it so you can't spawn on a beacon if there's an enemy within a 5m radius of it.

Grinchy

Banned
I wish they'd get rid of spawn invincibility on spawn beacons. So ridiculous getting killed by someone after you shoot them 10 times. At least make it so you can't spawn on a beacon if there's an enemy within a 5m radius of it.

Yeah that shit is annoying.

Paertan

Yeah it need to be shortened atleast. Still not as bad as the spawn invincibility of the spawn grenade in the beginning of KZ2 xD You could plant C4 on objectives before you could be killed.

Would also like a revive to cancle if the drone is destroyed. I think they should make it so if you accept revie and the drone is killed. Then you respawn somewhere else without a new timer starting.
"Push *triangle* to accept revive"
*drone gets destroyed*
"Revive failed choose new spawn location"

Paertan

I most often have 4-5 bars but I guess sometimes I get connected to NA servers and it goes down to 1.

Got some great clips of gameplay yesterday that I was gonna upload. Hilarious lagging effects among other. But my PS4 doesn´t seem to have saved what I recorded :(

Got my 10 000th kill using the Fors. Also got my 10th kill with that weapon right after that. So probably my least used weapon xD
But it is pretty fun to play around with i have noticed this weekend. Will probably only use when game is already won or lost.

Got to play one game where I wouldn't´t see what objective we were playing. I had to guess from where my team were. Only the voice that said if we won or lost objective worked. And I could hear the beacons. Really weird.

T.O.P

Banned
Ok i donnow what is going on

I'm trying to play myltyplayer but everytime i select a mode the game gets stuck at "Joining..." on a grey screen

Been trying for 20 minutes :/

Guerrilla, put this gun back in the game, and I will buy a season pass. That is all.

M4Semi-AutomaticPistol.jpg

Helscream

Banned
Anyone in the NGAF clan still play? I was hoping with the latest patch I could if clan members are playing, but apparently that only applies to friend list.

Dibbz

Are you srs GG? Fucking wank. They'e going to PAXand taking some swag and the fucking shirts are better than the shite that we were given for competing in an official GG KZ tournament. Cunts.

Shirt isn't even that good but fuck it's like a million times better than plain olive green. Bet it comes in sizes other than XXL to.

2014-04-09_6

RoeBear

Are you srs GG? Fucking wank. They'e going to PAXand taking some swag and the fucking shirts are better than the shite that we were given for competing in an official GG KZ tournament. Cunts.

Shirt isn't even that good but fuck it's like a million times better than plain olive green. Bet it comes in sizes other than XXL to.

2014-04-09_6

WOW lowest of the low blows.

Doesn't even come in XXL. They even state S,M,L, and XL.

Paertan

Are you srs GG? Fucking wank. They'e going to PAX and taking some swag and the fucking shirts are better than the shite that we were given for competing in an official GG KZ tournament. Cunts.

http://www.killzone.com/dms/blog/shadowfall/2014-04-09_6

This is pretty bad. You should have gotten a signed shirt in the size of your choosing and something else.

Grinchy

Banned
Only thing in between me and platinum is the damn air drone. I'm about ready to boost. 180/400.

I would boost if I were you. When the game first came out, it was kinda easy to get air bot kills because people either didn't have the attachments to deal with them or they didn't even want to bother. Now air drones get shot down in seconds when you face a semi-competent team.

My brother and I jumped into a boosting room one day to do our supply boxes. It was actually really fast. It was like 10 minutes of pressing O over and over again and we were both done with it.

RoeBear

Played a little this morning and got bombarded by xXRawkXx for "bot spamming" and using the computer to get kills, boosting my stats and stuff.

I played as an insurgent the whole time so it was all from hacks or steals. I already had this guy blocked cause he annoys the crap outta me. Next time I hear him on my own team I'm gonna report him for harassment couldn't believe how much he was talking about me. Keep in mind we were on the same team which is the only way I heard him.

Do a lot of people still play this game? I've played a couple of matches here and there but am looking for some people to play with.

feel free to add me. PSN - cloud945076

Grinchy

Banned
Do a lot of people still play this game? I've played a couple of matches here and there but am looking for some people to play with.

feel free to add me. PSN - cloud945076

If 800-1000 people constitutes "a lot of people" then yep! A lot of people still play!

I still like it a lot. I don't understand the low playercount at all.

Ilúvatar

Platinum... get! That took longer than expected. Got sidetracked with other games multiple times.

I flirted with the idea of getting the Insurgent pack but then saw there were less than 1k people online and said "hell no"

Grinchy

Banned
Ilúvatar;109346785 said:
Platinum... get! That took longer than expected. Got sidetracked with other games multiple times.

I flirted with the idea of getting the Insurgent pack but then saw there were less than 1k people online and said "hell no"

There really is like no one on anymore but I'm glad I got the infiltrator pack. I still play from time to time and there are at least enough people playing to get 24p Warzone or TDM any time you want it. The new game mode had like 5 people in it the other night, though lol

Grinchy

Banned
This might be known already, but I just noticed tonight that they reduced the number of kills certain abilities need. Like you only need 200 buddy drone kills now to max out the piece of shit. And you only need 300 cloak kills (it used to be 400, right?).

Yet, they didn't reduce the number of airbot kills needed, which is an oversight IMO. Those have gotten ridiculously hard to get. Also, there were 600 people online. This game is dying.

T-0800

Sad isn't it? While I haven't played in a few weeks so I'm not helping I was disappointed to see only about 600 people on when I logged on today. I don't get it really. Gorgeous game that plays really well and has sold really well and people just aren't playing it. I just hope GG never change the MP to go after the COD BF crowd. KZ needs to live or die being its own thing.

GoaThief

Pubstompers are a very big problem lately, seen several 7 clan members vs 2 public players and the like for a whole match. KOKS and rS (something like that) stood out as especially bad examples. That kind of thing will kill the game as you either have to put up with it or change gametype most of the time. Many will just say the game is shit, full of horrible people then quit. There's no excuse as you can switch sides if unbalanced now.

That said there's plenty of people still playing, it's not like many competitive shooters such as Quake Live have bigger counts, no doubt smaller for the likes of Warsow. Games are played all the time, of course it's not CoD levels but not much is. Seems plenty healthy enough for now.

Still not found any of those crates, are there some on every map or what? How rare is it to find one. Where am I supposed to be looking?

Does GAF clan still exist? May start one if not for a giggle.

torontoml

Well I've got almost 50 boxes, some maps I can't find them on, like the cruiser, but for the most part you just have to keep your eyes open. I find a lot of the time they are sitting right out in the open just slightly out of the normal area you look for enemies. Other times like on the penthouse it's sitting beside other boxes and gets over looked.

Edit: Actually just got my 50th a couple hours ago.

Grinchy

Banned
Finally just finished my Cloak kills tonight. I'm really glad they reduced it to 300 kills, but I actually started liking it toward the end. I was getting 10-20 cloak kills per round.

I also got a voice message tonight after one of the rounds telling me to, "Stop playing Killzone and go post on NeoGAF, you scrub." It was hilarious. I hope that was someone from in here.

Finally just finished my Cloak kills tonight. I'm really glad they reduced it to 300 kills, but I actually started liking it toward the end. I was getting 10-20 cloak kills per round.

I just started my cloaked kills this weekend. I'm hating it. I, unluckily, finished grinding drone buddy right before the requirement was reduced. It bugs the hell out of me that I have to force so many kills with things I don't control (air drone/turrets).

Grinchy

Banned
I just started my cloaked kills this weekend. I'm hating it. I, unluckily, finished grinding drone buddy right before the requirement was reduced. It bugs the hell out of me that I have to force so many kills with things I don't control (air drone/turrets).

I really hated cloak kills at first too but it gets really damn fun when it starts to coast along. I feel your pain on the buddy drone. It's my most hated ability in the game. I find it completely fucking useless. Getting kills with it requires that you purposely don't shoot an enemy enough to kill them and even then it's random on whether or not the drone will finish them off. It has no use outside of being an alarm system to let you know an enemy is nearby.

I loved the regular turret for Support, though. The air drone sucks but that turret was awesome IMO.

leng jai

I maxed out my buddy drone a while ago and it didn't feel that tedious. I don't really understand all the complaints about it. Yes it's damage output is relatively low but do you realise how OP it would be if it was any better? It's there to give you a slight edge in DPS and it often saves you from rear enders and cloaked enemies. Seems perfectly useful to me.

I maxed out my buddy drone a while ago and it didn't feel that tedious. I don't really understand all the complaints about it.

I think the problem is relying on something you don't control to score a ton of kills. I had to resort to rooms limited to abilities to get it done.

I also finally finished the Air Drone, took about 3. Which reminds me, I don't like that they added essentially the same ability for the Scout class. Feels really lazy. Not looking forward to that.

Grinchy

Banned
I maxed out my buddy drone a while ago and it didn't feel that tedious. I don't really understand all the complaints about it. Yes it's damage output is relatively low but do you realise how OP it would be if it was any better? It's there to give you a slight edge in DPS and it often saves you from rear enders and cloaked enemies. Seems perfectly useful to me.

I don't want them to make it more powerful, I just wanted them to reduce the number of kills needed on it, which they did.

But let me ask you this, ever since you finished grinding out the kills with it, have you used it again? You say you think it seems perfectly useful, but I doubt you've even used it. Stun blast and sprint are infinitely more useful than it is. It's one of the most useless abilities in the game.

leng jai

I don't want them to make it more powerful, I just wanted them to reduce the number of kills needed on it, which they did.

But let me ask you this, ever since you finished grinding out the kills with it, have you used it again? You say you think it seems perfectly useful, but I doubt you've even used it. Stun blast and sprint are infinitely more useful than it is. It's one of the most useless abilities in the game.

I use it on the forest and on games where the other team has a ridiculous amount of cloaked scouts. The biggest issue I have with it is that it actively gets in the way of your bullets/grenades at times. I rarely use stun blast because I find the fact that you have to take your hand off the stick to press it clunky as hell. If I could remap it and use it on the move it would be far more useful. Speed Dash is my default.

Grinchy

Banned
I use it on the forest and on games where the other team has a ridiculous amount of cloaked scouts. The biggest issue I have with it is that it actively gets in the way of your bullets/grenades at times. I rarely use stun blast because I find the fact that you have to take your hand off the stick to press it clunky as hell. If I could remap it and use it on the move it would be far more useful. Speed Dash is my default.

I noticed they made some new controller configurations but I haven't checked them out yet. I wonder if they stopped being crazy and offered a configuration that didn't require us to take our thumb off a joystick to use abilities. It's definitely a weird decision to have an ability that requires you to be moving to use it properly but you can only use it by stopping movement.

Been a long time since I posted in this thread, but I've been really busy recently. I moved back to California from Japan, so if any NA GAFfers still play, I'd be down to party up.

manfestival

-Have jetpacks in game
-Take them away in following game
-Release them as they are supposed to be some sort of exciting/new addition
?????
Profit

I really don't like jetpacks though.

Just send me a message when you want to play. I am usually playing other stuff since it's no fun doing MP solo.

Cool, will do. Also, I see you playing Destiny of Spirits on PSN. I'm quitting that game, so if you want my SR spirits, I'll trade them to you for Commons. In game name is famicom-GAF

thenexus6

Only played a third KZ 1 back in the day, first two levels KZ2 and all of SF so never experienced jetpacks.

Also, hows the new map?

Top Bottom