• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

Yeah so I guess I learned tonight I have no idea how to join a pre-game lobby. Still don't, is it through the game? Through PSN? How do I accept an invite?

Guerrilla lied about the frame rate. This is most janky "60"fps game I've ever played. it feels so slow at times and the animations are embarrassing. Looks exactly like Killzone 3's.

So the multiplayer is awesome but I was wondering if there is any way to see your K-D during the match? At the end of a match it only shows how many kills I had.

shinn623

Has anyone unlocked the Mobile Mine yet for the Support Class?

I have it, and equip it, but have no idea how to use it. It should be Down on the D-Pad, but when I have it equipped, I don't see anything on my HUD showing that it should be there or how to activate it.

I haven't unlocked the Missile Launcher yet, but I am assuming that will also be Down on the D-Pad.

What am I doing wrong?

Took me a while to figure that out as well. L1 is your answer. Its weird that some secondary fire is down, and some are L1.

Man, LOVING the MP.

But, it seems they got rid of VIP in warzone, which is a giant shame.

If anyone wants to party up in KZ, PSN is WonkyPanda

Per usual, I roll support because everybody wants to 'pew-pew.'

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I cannot understand how that would be under consideration. How do you make a multiplayer game without voice chat. It should be yes its coming.

No kidding.

On one hand, I'm glad to realize it's not just that people are choosing not to talk, like on the PS3. But on the other... really... no voice chat?! In 2013? On a brand new console?

Wut.

_Isaac

Hey guys. I'm enjoying multiplayer quite a bit. I've been primarily focusing on the support class. I like using the turrets and spawn beacons.

PSN id is goodface87

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Can't add myself to the spreadsheet, but I play a mean Support class. Add me!

PSN: earvcunanan

Let's group up and kick ass on some of my live streams and captures.

Wanted to say great vids was watching your YT vids that you had shared in another thread. Cant wait to see more footage! Converted some folks I know to the game.

Though would you mind doing a vid with a shotgun and "doin the dance" up and close with i t? Since would like to see how that thing is. Know you had another vid with the title, but another would be appreciated if you have the time. :)

Wanted to say great vids was watching your YT vids that you had shared in another thread. Cant wait to see more footage! Converted some folks I know to the game.

Though would you mind doing a vid with a shotgun and "doin the dance" up and close with i t? Since would like to see how that thing is. Know you had another vid with the title, but another would be appreciated if you have the time. :)

No problem! I was actually prepping up a shotgun montage (no music added, just straight up in-game sound and no commentary) as I type this =p

Chirps. Chirps everywhere.

I try out the Incendiary Rounds on the shotgun too, it's awesome burning people with shotgun shells and watching them squirm around is hilarious. I wonder when players are on fire the vision on their screen turns weird? I noticed players shot with Incendiary Rounds who turn aflame start acting crazy. You'll see what I mean.

Is Classic Warzone capped at 14 players or something? The Menu UI is pretty atrocious.

Yes, and there's a reason why GG hides the 24 Player Warzone from the main menu... because with 24 players the FPS drops anywhere between 30-60FPS. It's smooth at 14, though. I hope optimizations are coming soon.

Alright so this game is really fun and I'm having a great time but...

1. Where are all the guns? 15~ guns for 3 classes? What.
2. Where are all the unlocks? Some weapons have only 1 unlock with most having 3~?
3. Where are all the players?

I'm not sure where the content is, I'm sure it'll be added and what not with the whole "Lets not finish the game and patch everything in later" approach, but come on.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
No problem! I was actually prepping up a shotgun montage (no music added, just straight up in-game sound and no commentary) as I type this =p

Chirps. Chirps everywhere.

I try out the Incendiary Rounds on the shotgun too, it's awesome burning people with shotgun shells and watching them squirm around is hilarious. I wonder when players are on fire the vision on their screen turns weird? I noticed players shot with Incendiary Rounds who turn aflame start acting crazy. You'll see what I mean.

Fantastic looking forward to it!

kurbaan

Banned
Yes, and there's a reason why GG hides the 24 Player Warzone from the main menu... because with 24 players the FPS drops anywhere between 30-60FPS. It's smooth at 14, though. I hope optimizations are coming soon.

How do i even play anything other than the main menu? Its so confusing

RedAssedApe

Banned
Played my first Warzone today. Totally confused. Its so quiet too with the lack of chat and any bg music.

People are killing me from across the map using what amounts to a chain gun (at least from the character model)?

I feel like I need to read a FAQ before jumping in again. Went 13-21...I guess its expected coming from aim-assisted games like COD. Am I not supposed to be ADS-ing anything and just hip firing all day long?

dstarMDA

So !

How does this compare to KZ2 multiplayer ? It was my only KZ MP experience and I thought it was surprinsigly dense at the times.

I tried out the Scout class + the LS70 sniper for the first time in this match, and I had some fun with it. Not really a sniper in FPS games, but I couldn't help myself here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvxzLLZUDAY

The gun is awesome to use. One shot kill guaranteed to any part of the body and at any range, though it is a single-shot sniper with a lengthy reload and can only be fired when zoomed in. The pros outweigh the cons, however. Definitely have the Teleport ability when you're using it.

X-Frame

Took me a while to figure that out as well. L1 is your answer. Its weird that some secondary fire is down, and some are L1.

Thank you!

That is strange, and I would have hoped that me hitting L1 was one of the things that I tried, but maybe I didn't because subconsciously I thought it was zooming in even though that is L2 now, haha. I'll check it out when I play tonight after work.

Nozem

What the flying fuck?

How am I gonna convince my 360-to-PS4 switching friends to play Killzone if they can't even trashtalk the opposing team? That's one of the best things about team based online multiplayer.

Goddamn it Guerilla. Plz fix this asap, EU launch is less than 2 weeks away.

Ryuuga

Banned
For one reason or another every match I've played has been one-sided. I'm not sure if that has more to do with people joining as parties or what.

For one reason or another every match I've played has been one-sided. I'm not sure if that has more to do with people joining as parties or what.

I've had the same experience. There have been a lot of 5-0 matches. A lot of it seems to be due to people ignoring the support class, and things snowball.

Maulik

Its inexcusable that they thought party chat would be enough. 90% of people will be in parties if 2-4. How the hell do you co-ordinate with the rest of the team?

Smidget

https://twitter.com/killzone/status/402402084706082816

They said its going to take some time before they know about public voice in mp. Tweet at them guys. They are listening.

Just insane they didn't think this was something necessary. Like it's been said in the Battlefield 4 threads, COD gets a lot of shit, but they have everything working properly and have simple "features" that should be standard like voice chat at launch.

How does the gunplay feel in general, and how is the balance for the weapons? ie, do the guns with little recoil suffer enough of a hit to their rate of fire/damage

keezy

I was really disappointed by the MP. I was on the verge of falling asleep while playing it this weekend. Not a fan of the player movement mechanics. They still feel clunky to me. Game looks great though....

Top Bottom