• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Roster Discussion thread. Leaked roster in first post

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Assuming that is the master's wife i am really disappointed that it is not a woman who looks to be in her 50s

The leak has mentioned she's suppose to be decently younger than him for a while. She looks pretty mature though.. thank goodness he's not married to someone who looks like a child.

Karsha

The Russian dude looks like a character from Terraformars lol, or Silber from kof xi/buriki one.
That new prisoner seems to serious for that kind of team, and the dude in the south town team feels...too feminine? :p
Still a pretty strong roster, thought the China team would be the hero team this time but those 2 characters are a bit weird.
Also whats the "Official invitation" team? What does that mean, they are organizing the tournament?

JayEH

SRK picked up the story.

http://shoryuken.com/2016/03/14/king-of-fighters-xivs-entire-cast-leaks-again/

From the comments user JohnGrimm

Ian I know you have a problem with me and I really don't give a shit, I just want to say that I ran this by my own connection and they confirmed that the image is legit and came from another leaker, and also matches up with other information I had already posted elsewhere.

Include that or not, I just want that to be in the comments so people can see that the image is verified.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Southtown guy gives me vibes like Owen (Xanatos's butler/secretary) from Gargoyles, crossed with Kuro from One Piece:

Owen.jpg
7f277304.jpg

Considering Geese does have some kind of "Public Image" to uphold, I could see one of his cohorts looking presentable and non-threatening... until you get to know him.\

Khezu: Yeah, that'd be a new guy. Anyone with strong red lines round their character box is new to KoF, or this game.

Assuming that is the master's wife i am really disappointed that it is not a woman who looks to be in her 50s

Japanese fighters rarely have girls & women outside of their teens & their 20's playable, all because it's probably offensive in Japan.

The only exceptions are both Ivy & Hilde from Soul Calibur, & both are in their early to mid 30's.

OmegaDL50

Japanese fighters rarely have girls & women outside of their teens & their 20's playable, all because it's probably offensive in Japan.

The only exceptions are both Ivy & Hilde from Soul Calibur, & both are in their early to mid 30's.

There is also Oume and Otane Goketsuji from the Power Instinct series.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
That's Geese's butler yes

wat

Japan is fine with old women fighting.

I think you're confusing Christmas Cake (a Japanese female is going to have trouble marrying at the age of 30-ish), which itself a dying/parodied viewpoint

Loona

I think Vanessa's also supposed to be in the 30ish range.

What wrorries me most aboit the leak pic is that Ryo looks unchanged - still the ol' orange abuse, when the Wild Ambition look could have worked well.

Gren

I think Vanessa's also supposed to be in the 30ish range.

What wrorries me most aboit the leak pic is that Ryo looks unchanged - still the ol' orange abuse, when the Wild Ambition look could have worked well.

Imo nah. I view Ryo & Terry as one another's unofficial rival in KOF, so if one is staying old school, I'd rather the other one as well. Likewise if they update their duds (NGBC Wild Wolf vs New Mr Karate).

Boss Doggie

Imo nah. I view Ryo & Terry as one another's unofficial rival in KOF, so if one is staying old school, I'd rather the other one as well. Likewise if they update their duds (NGBC Wild Wolf vs New Mr Karate).

also technically in FF-verse Ryo is already taking on the Mr. Karate title right?

Zerojul

Definitely interested to see how Kim's master's wife and Geese's butler turn out. The guy with Chang and Choi looks the good kind of weird, I like that.
I want a beta please, ASAP.

BadWolf

Ryo and Yuri have their old outfits? Damn, I'm so disappoint.

Pretty much all the new characters look very promising.

Rymuth

The first guy in the China teams looks like such a douche.

Boss design looks strangely restrained in comparison to previous years.

delSai

The newcomers look cool, from those little pics my favorite is the south american lady. Sucks that Ryo and Yuri still use old costumes, a redesign of those 2 would be nice. Especially for Yuri. But hey, there's still hope for alt costumes i guess.

Boss Doggie

So what do you reckon the playstyle of Alice (the third of Women's Team) would be?

I heard she took notes from Kim and Terry, are we finally going to see a really weird amalgamation of HOUOU KYAKU BUSTER WOLF?

BadWolf

I wonder if Kim's Master is a reference to modern goatee era Steven Seagal? :D

I think he's more a reference to old martial arts movies where they had steel looking heads.

His wife though is looking super promising for the hot badass mature lady category.

If that's real, there's a lot of really interesting looking new characters. Particularly, the middle South American Team dude, Kim's Master and his wife, and the butler looking guy on Team South Town.

Whompa02

I wouldn't say that image is fake...
That's definitely an snk artist. Not cgi. id say that's probably real tbh.

No Vanessa is a shame.

Loona

also technically in FF-verse Ryo is already taking on the Mr. Karate title right?

By the events of FF1 yes - in KoF Takuma is still around and his Mr Karatedom is as recent as XIII. Still, Ryo would look good with the FFWA Mr Karate look regardless of title... here's hoping for an alternate skin that covers that... he's good, but just too damn orange all the time.

So what do you reckon the playstyle of Alice (the third of Women's Team) would be?

I heard she took notes from Kim and Terry, are we finally going to see a really weird amalgamation of HOUOU KYAKU BUSTER WOLF?

I'd expect no energy attacks from her... maybe she's like a kick-based Shingo?

Which one is the new heros team?

My money's on Tung's apprentice(s). Man, Tung meeting Geese in a story game where Geese isn't the final boss should be interesting, especially with Tung moving on with other students...

Say, Kim's master is also Jhun's master right?

Yep: http://kofaniv.snkplaymore.co.jp/english/history/kof99_story/index.php?num=korea

Loona

Should this complete roster leak warrant a new thread? That's quite a meaty leak!

It's the same characters as before, only now there are pictures - maybe the OP can add the picture to the 1st post, but a new topic seems unnecessary. I'd rather leave that for new trailers or official reveals, which should provide more actual information on the characters.

Speaking of which, when the Kinf of Dinosaurs trailer came out, it was first on the official PlayStation Youtube channel, and was shortly followed by a post by Oda in the official PlayStation blog - however, there was no blog counterpart for the Tung reveal, oddly and sadly... maybe a later one will cover the previous and the following batch of reveals, likely as it is that Kim and his team get officially revealed at the PlayStation Arena event in Korea on the 20th...

OmegaDL50

Kim's Master being this game brings up something interesting.

Most of the Kim Family Tae Kwon Do fighters had different variations of the style.

Kim being a traditionalist, Jhun doing slicing wind like kicks, Dongwan have lightning, Jaehoon having Fire.

So it makes me wonder what Kim's Master will be like. I wonder what his version of the Hou'ou Kyaku looks like.

Galdelico

That screen looks super interesting, although I wonder why many slots feature new/official artworks, while others seem completely different, if not straight up ripped from other sources (like the CG portrait for the pachinko lady-Terry... Forgot her name, sorry ^^;). Are those character icons supposed to be place-holders, according to the leak?

Relique

Seeing all the new characters together on one screen like gets me excited about this. This is the most fresh roster in a KOF besides XI. They could have messed around with outfits more but I guess those have been hit or miss anyway. I am just glad there are new characters to explore. Now all I need to hear about are a GGPO announcement, a steam edition, and DLC plans and I will be a happy man.

Loona

Kim's Master being this game brings up something interesting.

Most of the Kim Family Tae Kwon Do fighters had different variations of the style.

Kim being a traditionalist, Jhun doing slicing wind like kicks, Dongwan have lightning, Jaehoon having Fire.

So it makes me wonder what Kim's Master will be like. I wonder what his version of the Hou'ou Kyaku looks like.

With him being older and looking heavier, I wouldn't be surprised if his moves involved fewer but stronger individual hits (Silber in XI comes to mind, although he was supposed to practice a variation on karate). I'm more curious to see how his wife plays, since while age is likely to be a factor in how she moves (I'm not really expecting splits and elaborate acrobatics), raw brute force seems less likely.

Top Bottom