• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Randomly picked up that Wizard's Relic I think its called with Donald a while ago.

Finished Hades cup solo and time trial. It was pretty easy, time trial I had 5 minutes left.

Save the King and Save the Queen ftw

Valnen

Enjoying the hell out of proud mode so far. I don't understand why critics of this series say you can just mash x and win on the highest difficulty, that's clearly not the case.

Twio

Chain of Boring? What?! Chain of Memories is awesome. It's the second best battle system in Kingdom Hearts.( Second to BBS's battle system )

Not a fan of the battle system. At all. Whenever I played CoM I just felt like I was always restricted with the card system. The game itself isn't really boring however...

Ponn

Banned
9 hours in FM Proud #Teamstaff , about halfway through Deep Jungle. New to Final Mix was hesitant about doing Proud on first playthrough and was sweating when I was dying to to those first armor heartless but did the ol' grind a bit and now I feel pretty comfortable. Beat
Trickster and Guard Armor
without dying and also beat
Cerberus
without dying and at level 15. It feels challenging but certainly not hair pulling out/cheap/unfair/controller throwing unfun. So far I would suggest anyone on the fence to just go for it.

Sound is absolutely wonderful through the PS3 Pulse headsets and I never remembered KH sounding like this. I kept hearing something jingling and thought my cat was doing something in my room before I realized it was something on Sora (keyblade?) jingling when he was running.

Thinking about getting that hardcover guide to use for trophy cleanup on my eventual Beginners No armor change/fspeedrun and regular get everything run. Nothing will beat that awesome KH2 collectors guide but having a hardcover collectors for this would be nice to go with my LE game.

BHK3

Banned
Yup. The only place to get stop arts before like very late game is from the sunken ship below deck.

Yeah you'll want to go the the Sunken Ship (inside the ship) to get Stop Arts.

Do they spawn inside the ship or is it underside where the clam is? Also, do I just keep entering and leaving and reentering until they spawn?

http://youtu.be/hUk781fPXUI?t=11m42s Cause this video says otherwise but then again it's not final mix, these fungus aren't spawning...

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I fucking forgot how annoying those Agrabah Scimitar Heartless shits were.

Fucking hate those guys! >>;

Voror

Nope. Unless you want to be bored out of your mind for 2+ hours.

I personally don't mind them but yeah... still two hours of cut scenes.

It really only picks up for me when other people show up like Riku. There's only so much ice cream eating I can take. And I actually like all three of those characters for the most part.

hertog

I'm only at the beginning of the game, but the fetch quests were really annoying and I could really use a map in this game. I had no idea where to go in the first town.

But the graphics are really nice and the game has a lot of charm. I'm just afraid it isn't a very good game, gameplay-wise.

BHK3

Banned
That's a FM change. They're only inside the ship, and you need to keep going in and out.

i read that leaving the enemies in there can sometimes make the spawn change which brings the mushrooms. But so far leaving the enemies or killing them then leaving the ship area to the next area then coming back and repeating haven't been working at all. I've been at this for an hour...

Twio

It really only picks up for me when other people show up like Riku. There's only so much ice cream eating I can take. And I actually like all three of those characters for the most part.

Exactly. I wish they could have just condensed all of the cutscenes down to only the important ones. There's just too much irrelevant fluff to warrant two hours in front of a TV.

Exactly. I wish they could have just condensed all of the cutscenes down to only the important ones. There's just too much irrelevant fluff to warrant two hours in front of a TV.

I didn't even watch it after hearing how long it was. I just left it on in the background while I went to work. Came home and mopped up the trophies.

Seda

i read that leaving the enemies in there can sometimes make the spawn change which brings the mushrooms. But so far leaving the enemies or killing them then leaving the ship area to the next area then coming back and repeating haven't been working at all. I've been at this for an hour...

Yeah the spawning rules are slightly different in Final Mix it seems. For those mushrooms, I found it best to load a file at Triton's Throne, go through the big area outside it (forget the name), then go through the shortcut near Ariel's room to the Sunken Ship. If the mushrooms weren't there I reloaded. That place is weird because I don't know if the inside of the ship counts as a separate area for spawning purposes or not. It only took a few reloads.

Twio

I didn't even watch it after hearing how long it was. I just left it on in the background while I went to work. Came home and mopped up the trophies.

I'll likely end up doing the same tomorrow. Hopefully they'll learn from this, but knowing Square, they probably won't.

Just finished the Tarzan level. It wasn't terrible, but holy shit was there a lot of running back and forth. It's certainly my least favorite area so far.

Just finished the Tarzan level. It wasn't terrible, but holy shit was there a lot of running back and forth. It's certainly my least favorite area so far.

The first ring of worlds are all like that. ('cept Traverse Town) the rest of them don't have as much backtracking and are larger.

The first ring of worlds are all like that. ('cept Traverse Town) the rest of them don't have as much backtracking and are larger.

Good to know.

Is there a list somewhere about what the suggested levels are for each area? Having just finished the Tarzan level, I'm at Level 18. Haven't had any trouble, so I'm guessing I'm fine.

Man, I have come to hate Dark Matters...

Not only are they required for pretty much every late game synthesis, but to make it worse they don't drop, and require Mythril to make (meaning you have to synthesize a lot of those too, farming Mystery Goo, etc.)

My advice, if you have not gotten to Final Rest yet, you will be DOING YOURSELF A HUGE FAVOR if you farm Mythril at that really really long heartless fight in End of the World. You can't do it after you've beaten the room though, unfortunately.

To get Mythril to drop, you need to be at End of the World and use the Bambi summon while getting it to the third gauge. Needless to say, this is impossible if you've already gotten through the swarm of heartless. To farm Mythril, leave the room before you finish and it will start over when you come back.

Good to know.

Is there a list somewhere about what the suggested levels are for each area? Having just finished the Tarzan level, I'm at Level 18. Haven't had any trouble, so I'm guessing I'm fine.

You should be fine as long as you aren't skipping most of the encounters.

Man, I have come to hate Dark Matters...

Not only are they required for pretty much every late game synthesis, but to make it worse they don't drop, and require Mythril to make (meaning you have to synthesize a lot of those too, farming Mystery Goo, etc.)

My advice, if you have not gotten to Final Rest yet, you will be DOING YOURSELF A HUGE FAVOR if you farm Mythril at that really really long heartless fight in End of the World. You can't do it after you've beaten the room though, unfortunately.

To get Mythril to drop, you need to be at End of the World and use the Bambi summon while getting it to the third gauge. Needless to say, this is impossible if you've already gotten through the swarm of heartless. To farm Mythril, leave the room before you finish and it will start overs when you come back.

Is there a specific number of Mythril I should be looking to get? At least for getting the synthesizing trophies.

rataven

Man, Leon went down like a chump! Didn't get a single hit in! I actually don't remember him being that easy.

And Traverse Town just hits on all those nostalgic feels. Can't wait to get to the Coliseum.

Grrr can't beat Hercules Cup time trial to get Gravity Break :(.

Spellbinder served me well for a long time but finally got replaced by Lady Luck. I love the particles it shoots when you hit with it. Now to finish Hollow Bastion.

Jarmel

Banned
Holy shit thank you Jesus, I don't have to start at 50 seed.

Got to 16th seed and died due to some bullshit. I started screaming. Been doing this shit for 2 hours straight.

Tygamr

I have just about had it with this game. Seriously. I hate that the camera has that loose lock on (the yellow target). Makes it so that I attack the enemy I don't want to attack... And there's no way to turn it off. Hate it.
EDIT: I was just being an idiot- you can actually turn that off. So much better now.

Also, really regret choosing staff and giving up sword. I only did it because it was recommended. I normally go the other way (and have had a lot fewer issues playing THAT way).

botty

Banned
Chain of Boring? What?! Chain of Memories is awesome. It's the second best battle system in Kingdom Hearts.( Second to BBS's battle system )

It would have been so much better without the bland worlds, tedious fights and story that only really begins half way into the game.

Damn,
Riku-Ansem
took me forever...

I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't have a problem with him.

Didn't have an issue as a kid, and did it first try just today in HD.

Not trying to brag, it's just weird to me that I don't have issues with that one while everyone else does.

Twio

That is still my favorite boss in the entire game. That fight is so fun.

I'm pretty sure I broke a Dualshock as a kid trying to beat him. I never finished the game when I was a kid because of his last attack phase. It was hell for me.

Roubjon

Agreed. Actually one of my favorite boss fights in general.

Not only is the fight itself super fun, but the context of the fight just AMPLIFIES it to a level of awesome. But I also have memorized the dialogue from that scene from dying so many times lol..

Finally got through Traverse Town and on to Wonderland. I got up a few levels before I tried Guard Armor, and I did pretty well. Died once. It's nice to finally have a magic spell now.

Also, I'm not sure I like Guard Armor's re-color. It fits the colors of the other bosses in the game, but I dunno.

Top Bottom