• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Jack's house is the one with the spider right?
I'm currently wrapping up most of the dalmatians, but the number listed for under the staircase is one I haven't collected, yet I remember opening a chest there...

Edit: never mind, they moved it to the white trinity

hertog

Do I ruin much of the experience if I'll set the difficulty on beginner?

And is there a map or any options to view your current goals in this game?

The only purpose Donald & Goofy ever serve for me gameplay wise are as distractions for whoever is trying to kill me.

Yeah, this. I usually give each of them a potion or two, (usually out of pity), but never anything I may actually need. They've proven how irresponsible they are with items. Even if you set their item use to "only in emergencies".

sappyday

Can anyone tell me how I can get the Stone from the Pink Mushroom?

I know the technique of Ragnorok + Aeroga but ragnorok never becomes available when I'm trying to do it.

Yaska

Do I ruin much of the experience if I'll set the difficulty on beginner?

And is there a map or any options to view your current goals in this game?

Recommend you go with the standard difficulty instead. You cannot access the hidden ending at all if you go with the beginner difficulty (correct me if I'm wrong).

Seda

I know the technique of Ragnorok + Aeroga but ragnorok never becomes available when I'm trying to do it.

I just did Aerora and Ars Arcanium because I farmed a few before Hollow Bastion.

Psxphile

Came home from work to find the game waiting for me on the kitchen table. Only had about 1 hour and a half of game time in before I turn in for the night. Took my time savoring the experience. Started on Final Mix normal. Embraced Staff, gave up shield. Chose Dusk (or, I guess, dead of night according to the game). Beat the kids and Riku in battle, not so lucky against him in the race (I keep defaulting to X for jump). Cleared Destiny Islands completely of Shadows before continuing on. Stopped as soon as I got to Traverse Town.

No problems to report. I mean, besides the swapped X/O button issue and having to get used to using the right stick to aim the camera. So used to shifting the camera with the shoulder buttons.

Locked TT, beat Phil Cup and off to Agrabah. Finally started to feel like a boss right after getting first Summon.

The running/jumping mechanics still piss me off alot though. This game is so good despite that though. SoGood.gif

I dont think I ever got around to beating KHII so def picking up 2.5HD (hopefully for PS4...?)

sappyday

I just did Aerora and Ars Arcanium because I farmed a few before Hollow Bastion.

Thanks it worked.

Now off to get Ultima and Donald's and Goofy's weapons.

*looks at all the items I need in order to synthesis*

Why must my bond with this game make me suffer.

Thorgal

Anybody know of a guide where all chests and other stuff are hidden for the final mix edition ?

Or are they all in the same place except what they contain and that one chest beneath Jacks house that got moved ?

Iwant to 100 % this.

Holmes

The only purpose Donald & Goofy ever serve for me gameplay wise are as distractions for whoever is trying to kill me.
Nah, they get useful with the right equipment and abilities. Then they go back to dying easily after the endgame difficulty spike until you grind quite a bit.

McNum

Are you trying to jump from vine to vine manually? Just press triangle to start swinging and hit X when Jump Next lights up. Sora will do the jumping automatically if you do it like that. There's only one or two gaps in the floor you have to jump manually.

Omgawd, I cannot decide between Shield and Staff at the start! D: More MP and learning MP Haste earlier on would be amazing. But learning Second Chance (Shield) early on would also be quite nice... Hmm.

FSLink

Banned
Omgawd, I cannot decide between Shield and Staff at the start! D: More MP and learning MP Haste earlier on would be amazing. But learning Second Chance (Shield) early on would also be quite nice... Hmm.

Staff. Second Chance is nice but you can't get that extra MP later on, you can still get Second Chance later on with Staff.

Staff. Second Chance is nice but you can't get that extra MP later on, you can still get Second Chance later on with Staff.

That's what I was thinking... Hmm. Would you recommend giving up Sword or Shield? Giving up Sword gives a nice even 3 stats to everything vs giving up Shield gives +2 more STR, but -2 DEF. I'm thinking of taking Staff and giving up Sword, but I dunno.

I always recommend the Shield, because it also gives you Leaf Bracer and Lucky Strike very early. Lucky Strike in particular is extremely useful if you equip it early on in the game, because before you are even thinking about synthesis you manage to rack up a huge amount of items. I managed to get 2 Defenders and 2 Wizard Relics just playing through the game.

Both of them have their drawbacks though. On the Shield, you don't get MP Rage until level 90 or Scan until 21.

But on the Staff, you don't get Counterattack or Second Chance until very late.

When I did it I forgot to put Ragnarok on but still got it just from aerora+mashing the fuck out of X.

You have to target the head in order for the Ragnarok prompt to show up.

To get Ultima weapon do you have to find a recipe in this? I forgot.

Also where's the new FM boss at

Same place you fought Dragon Maleficent in Hollow Bastion. There's a portal that takes you there in the room with the Disney princesses.

What level is recommended before taking on the Colosseum challenge?

So far I'm level 13 and I've done Wonderland and then come back to Hercule's world.

Should I continue to the world after Wonderland, grind more and then come back later on?

Atruvius

Glad to see my super-cheap method to beat Ursula 2 still works in Final Mix :3

Swim
circles around her from as far away as you can (you'll never get hit), while mashing circle and triangle. In 10 minutes or so your party members will have taken care of most of her HP
and then you can finish her off with 3 or 4 Thunders if you want.

Slow, but worth it for the avoided frustration :)

Edit: Forgot to mention that you need to have her on Lock-on at all times while swimming.

Thanks for this. Took me over 20 minutes on proud but at least I didn't die multiple times and fling my controller at my cat.

brandnew

What level is recommended before taking on the Colosseum challenge?

So far I'm level 13 and I've done Wonderland and then come back to Hercule's world.

Should I continue to the world after Wonderland, grind more and then come back later on?

I was the same level and had trouble with it so I did Deep Jungle up until the Clayton/Invisible Iguana fight. I was able to do Colosseum at around level 15/16. But it would have been even easier if I finished Deep Jungle since you get cure then.

Twio

Nah, they get useful with the right equipment and abilities. Then they go back to dying easily after the endgame difficulty spike until you grind quite a bit.

Meh, I guess. I just don't think they're worth it though. They go through items like they're fucking mad.

I was the same level and had trouble with it so I did Deep Jungle up until the Clayton/Invisible Iguana fight. I was able to do Colosseum at around level 15/16. But it would have been even easier if I finished Deep Jungle since you get cure then.

Brilliant answer, thank you. I shall back track a little and level my characters up.

Are the Dalmatians all in the same places? I just checked a guide to see if I missed anything in deep jungle and I'm apparently missing dalmations 31, 32, and 33. But I know I definitely hit that trinity in climbing trees. Am I already screwed out of my 100% run?

hertog

Are you trying to jump from vine to vine manually? Just press triangle to start swinging and hit X when Jump Next lights up. Sora will do the jumping automatically if you do it like that. There's only one or two gaps in the floor you have to jump manually.

I didn't use the ivy, I only climbed up the vine again and again. I got immediately to the VInes 2 area by jumping manually, but there was always a dead end :)

god bless youtube let's plays.

Are the Dalmatians all in the same places? I just checked a guide to see if I missed anything in deep jungle and I'm apparently missing dalmations 31, 32, and 33. But I know I definitely hit that trinity in climbing trees. Am I already screwed out of my 100% run?
Some dalmatians have changed location.

PK Gaming

Sword: Glass cannon route. You quickly gain access to some of the strongest offensive abilities, start with a higher attack stat. You also get all of the support abilities at a reasonable level range (Scan, Guard, Second Chance, etc) but your defense is shit. Oh and you don't get Leaf Bracer haha...

Staff: Balanced / Magic route. You gain access to all of the magic based support skills early on, and all of the strongest magic based combo enders in the game at compartively early level. You also gain access to one extra MP, though the downside is that you basically lose out on certain useful skills (Second Chance, Counterattack and Combo/Critical Plus skills) since they're obtained at a late level.

Shield: Defensive route. You quickly gain access to all of the defensive/suport skills (Second Chance, Tech Plus, Stun Impact, Leaf Bracer etc) and start with a higher defense stat but you completely miss out on offensive skills for the majority of the game.

So to sum it up
-Sword turns you into killing machine, and if you're good at avoiding hits its a good path
-Staff gives you a ton of option (You're good at Magic AND Strength), and it's probably the most consistent path
-Shield makes you harder to kill and is probably the "easiest" path (but not as fun as the others imo)

As much as I like KH, you've really got to wonder how they let so much broken stuff into the game. How could anyone play test this for even a little bit without realising that Donald and Goofy are worthless teammates with broken AI? Also they must have been too far into development before they realised that the controls in Atlantic were a goddamn mess to axe the world entirely.

Just beat Cerberus at level 15 before going to Deep Jungle. It was actually pretty easy, you just have to know when to attack (try going for the brief intervals when the heads are biting). Also, Dodge Roll is your friend.

Still mixed on the soundtrack. For every one that sounds incredible orchestrated (Hand in Hand), there's another where the instruments clearly don't fit the song (Olympus Coliseum). It's a fun experiment, but I think I'll prefer the original in the end.

Speaking of the music, has anyone else had it skip occasionally? It'll happen every now and then for a quick second.

Also, I <3 Ripple Drive.

ugh, I never should have started on proud; I am getting worked. I'm at the very end but I just don't have the life or defense to finish the last two fight.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Its really annoying me how you can't cancel out of your attack animation into a dodge roll.

Kind of makes it redundant.
Agreed.

Top Bottom