• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Tagg9

God damn, the Tarzan waterfall almost drove me to an early grave. The platforming really was quite awful in the first game.

hertog

This game is great, but it's too damn frustrating to play without a guide telling you were to go sometimes.

The deep jungle took me WAY too much time.

Astarte

Its really annoying me how you can't cancel out of your attack animation into a dodge roll.

Kind of makes it redundant.

I kinda like it. It makes it feel like you committed to the attack so it's up to you to face the consequences. Like every attack has really clunky weight to it.

Jafar is easy as hell, why did I hype that battle up? Also I regret giving up shield in proud mode I just now got guard in monstro.

Jeels

I am at Traverse Town the second time around, just unlocked Cid's gummi shop

So I have advanced gummi items like thundara g and cura g (instead of thunder and cure). They even show up in my inventory in the gummi menu.

However, when I go to build, none of them show up.

What gives?

I am at Traverse Town the second time around, just unlocked Cid's gummi shop

So I have advanced gummi items like thundara g and cura g (instead of thunder and cure). They even show up in my inventory in the gummi menu.

However, when I go to build, none of them show up.

What gives?

Have you tried pressing up/down when you have the thunder gummi for example selected?

lantus

This game is great, but it's too damn frustrating to play without a guide telling you were to go sometimes.

The deep jungle took me WAY too much time.
Yeah deep jungle can get confusing, but the one that I think is the worse offender would be agrabah. Damn that place gets on my nerves.

For anyone having trouble farming mystery goos for the Ultima weapon, what I did is use the rare mushrooms at neverland on the deck of the ship. It's really easy there because you can fly, just time your hits like in that one Pooh minigame on the tree. I was able to get 3 mystery goos in a few minutes one run.

todd360

As someone who beat proud mode in all the other games. Final mix proud mode is ridiculously hard. Or maybe its just because I chose dusk. Took me forever to beat that mini boss in agrabah.

FSLink

Banned
After playing KH2 Final Mix not too long ago, I really miss the L2 + R Stick allowing you to move the cursor in the menu. Really no reason why they couldn't add that here; having it only D-Pad is really uncomfortable.

So I just came across some pink monkeys in Traverse Town that were targeting me. They was a literal target on Sora, Donald, and Goofy and I couldnt hit them and died what enemy was it?

Septimius

Started playing this. I played a big portion of the game when it originally came out, but never on my own, and never in full. I think I helped my cousin beat the last boss. But anyway, it's so long ago, it's basically a fresh experience. Had to re-roll after checking what the actions at the beginning actually meant - at first I said "fuck it, I'll just go with whatever it is", but then I caved into looking, and had to re-roll. Now I'm staff / shield. Normal leveling, since I don't know if I'll try going for max level.

This is such a feel-good game. I like the systems, and I like the area-thing, and I might try to go for some of the tougher opponents there, later. Fun to play this game again!

dan2026

Guys I need help.

I cannot seem to make a gummi ship that is flyable.

I have an engine, wings, weapons, armor and a cockpit.
And its facing the right direction, but it keeps saying unflyable.

What the hell?

Edit : Solved it, kinda.
It wont let me have a laser and a cannon at the same time.
Seems dumb.

Derrick01

Banned
Man I forgot how long into the game you get Glide. I can see why too, it makes things so much simpler now. No more missed treasure chests! (excluding the remaining trinity marks I don't have)

Twio

I hate the gummi ship portions with a passion. It's the same freaking thing over and over again.

Although, I don't hate it as much as going out of my way to open a treasure chest only to find out that there's a gummi piece inside that I will never use.
(I never used the gummi ship editor. Ever)

Thorgal

I hate the gummi ship portions with a passion. It's the same freaking thing over and over again.

Although, I don't hate it as much as going out of my way to open a treasure chest only to find out that there's a gummi piece inside that I will never use.
(I never used the gummi ship editor. Ever)

Yeah i agree that those are somewhat of a black spot on an otherwise splendid game.

Square Agreed with it as the gummy flights in KH2 are so much better.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I just beat Ursula's second form and then my game froze.

Of course it would. On the most annoying part of the game, it would freeze, and make me do it again.

Oh well.

I also replaced my original, functional Gummi Ship with a Rube Goldberg-esque monstrosity that doesn't fire lasers right. The gummi garage is this game's true villain.

corn_fest

The gummi ship parts were one of my favorite parts of the original - particularly building them, since if you stuck with the default ship you never got to play around with lasers, radar, nets, etc., iirc. The shooting parts themselves were pretty bare-bones, but I was hoping the gummi missions would add something to them.

Sniper Wilds make the game feel like Metal Gear Hearts :lol. I'm just waiting behind the corner for the fuckers to separate, run in to cast stop on one and whail fireballs and go into hiding again.

Noi

Level 21 in the middle of the Cave of Wonders. I'm doing the Unchanging Armor run on Proud mode, and god damn the Cave entrance itself was kicking my ass. Literally had to load up everyone on healing items in order to make it through.

Drayco21

Finally finished Atlantica and got Guard, playing #TeamStaff because of GAF impressions earlier in the thread and finding it a lot of fun. Level 35 and going to Halloween Town now- man, I forgot how much fun this game was all those years ago. Love coming back to it now. Forgot how much more important exploration and platforming was in the first game compared to the sequels- I hope Kingdom Hearts 3 brings that back a bit.

I forgot, what was required for the true ending in KH2 Proud Mode? Just the completed journal, right? Because I remember doing Proud Mode and getting the ending, but I forgot exactly what I did. The only thing I DO remember is making a Proud Mode file because I didn't want to have to deal with the Colosseum. :lol

Hystzen

Only way I get through gummi sections without falling asleep is to just make a ship with a cockpit, wings and LOTS LOTS LOTS of guns.

fuck armour just cover whole screen with lasers

Betty

Banned
I forgot, what was required for the true ending in KH2 Proud Mode? Just the completed journal, right? Because I remember doing Proud Mode and getting the ending, but I forgot exactly what I did. The only thing I DO remember is making a Proud Mode file because I didn't want to have to deal with the Colosseum. :lol

You have to complete every world fully, meaning you have to lock each keyhole twice.

About to finish up my Normal run through, only took 6 hours too which is nice.

Jesus, I'd forgotten how completely awful the camera is in the Neverland level. Come on Nomura, if your engine struggles with enclosed spaces, don't make a level in the hold of a boat.

All you had to do was beat the game to unlock the ending, at least on Proud Mode. It's playing on Standard that makes you do all of the Journal bullshit.

Grampasso

Guys I need help.

I cannot seem to make a gummi ship that is flyable.

I have an engine, wings, weapons, armor and a cockpit.
And its facing the right direction, but it keeps saying unflyable.

What the hell?

Edit : Solved it, kinda.
It wont let me have a laser and a cannon at the same time.
Seems dumb.
Buy the expansion kits from Cid so you can have more weapons

Step

I'm close to getting my copy (it's been really hard to wait for so long) and I as wondering if I should do my 100% on proud, I'm not that good of a player but I wouldn't mind grind if something gets really hard.

Is it really, reaaaaallly hard or just a good challenge to play on proud?

Top Bottom