• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Betty

Banned
I'm close to getting my copy (it's been really hard to wait for so long) and I as wondering if I should do my 100% on proud, I'm not that good of a player but I wouldn't mind grind if something gets really hard.

Is it really, reaaaaallly hard or just a good challenge to play on proud?

Honestly, I'd say it's a good challenge, and if you're willing to grind if you come up against something too difficult, you should have no problem .

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Give me 2.5 or give me death

I mean I could play KH2 right now, but it won't be the same :(

welcome to the suffering. i've been here since april, pull up a chair and get comfy. :)

it doesn't help that i've only ever played the 5 hour prologue of kh2. it'll be a pretty new experience for me. i'm just hoping the port is as good as this one was, and they don't start messing around with the look of the game like they are with ffx.

Holmes

Ansem
went down like a little bitch. Beat the game at level 51, and without Guard too. Onto Proud!

REGARDLESS OF WARNINGS, THE FUTURE DOESN'T SCARE ME AT ALL. NOTHING'S LIKE BEFORE.

McNum

Ah, welcome to Agrabah, Sora. At level 19 on Final Mix. Isn't that a bit on the low side?

I'm finding it a bit harder to keep my MP up in Final Mix than i remember from the original. Of course, I haven't got MP Haste or Rage yet, but I'm actually running a bit low at times. Going to have to carry some Ethers or something. Can you buy them somewhere?

Holmes

Ah, welcome to Agrabah, Sora. At level 19 on Final Mix. Isn't that a bit on the low side?

I'm finding it a bit harder to keep my MP up in Final Mix than i remember from the original. Of course, I haven't got MP Haste or Rage yet, but I'm actually running a bit low at times. Going to have to carry some Ethers or something. Can you buy them somewhere?
19's a bit low, I guess. But I was probably at 22 by that time anyway. It depends if you're playing Dawn or Dusk, too.

I found that I always had enough MP in my recent playthrough, but then again I chose staff for the first time ever. Now I'm going back to Shield and Dusk.

I think you can get them from Huey, Dewey and Louie's item shop in Traverse Town.

McNum

Staff/Dusk. Still keeping up in battle, just have to dodge a bit more. Also Thunder is pretty nice,and I just got Gravity. Need to try that out in battle.

Staff becomes so good once you get Fira and Spellbinder (and that accessory from Plt Centipede).

Some of the official translations for Final Mix seem a bit odd. I just got "Mighty Shield" for Goofy. Originally it was Massive Bumper because it is supposed to look like a Bumper from a pinball game. Also I wonder if they just copypasted some text from the old game or if I encountered a bug/stats were changed (can't check right now). Dream Shield description says +2 mp but it only gave 1.

Andrefpvs

Thanks for this. Took me over 20 minutes on proud but at least I didn't die multiple times and fling my controller at my cat.

Tbr1YpF.gif

Twio

I really hope (even though I'm sure this will be the case) we don't have to wait a full twelve months for KH 2.5. to release here in the states. I'm hoping for summertime of 2014.

MogCakes

I got to the phil cup on Proud Mode before calling it quits and switching to normal. Almost everything 3-shotting me isn't how I want to play the game, heh. I went into it at first thinking it would be on par with vanilla's, but nope, turns out it's the hardest mode of any KH game. Power Wilds and Sky Soldiers are a pain in the ass. On that note, everything seems to dodge and counter-attack more often in Final Mix.

Seda

So perhaps I'm just unlucky but I can't get NeoShadows to spawn, they show up in the room right before Final Rest, right?

EDIT: And as planned, my strategy of getting these guys to spawn as soon as I complain works perfectly.

Just at Hollow Bastion, unless the end game/post game stuff ramps up heavily with the exp, the level 100 trophy is going to be a major grind, given I'm about 5% towards the total exp needed.

Holmes

Whoa. Started my Proud playthrough, took the Shield this time and I'm literally one shotting the Shadows on Destiny Island. I know they're hella weak, but I had forgotten what it feels like to one hit kill an enemy in this game with a physical attack. Playing with Staff was fun, but I sure missed the Shield.

EDIT: And as planned, my strategy of getting these guys to spawn as soon as I complain works perfectly.
Always works!

This game looks nice in HD but is it just me or has the rest of the game aged really badly in terms of gameplay and mechanics?

For example the camera is really bad and spasms a lot of the time especially in rooms or boxed areas. I just beat Wonderland and I hated that area the first time and hate it today. I found it boring and linear especially the camera which is extra bad here. Platforming on mushrooms is terrible too it doesn't even register as platforms a lot of the time. The music although has nice melodies and tunes are memorable, loops after like 30 seconds and becomes really repetitive going through the same areas and hearing it.

Locking onto enemies in fights is a fiddle and almost pointless as it never really helps. Collecting health and munny orbs is a chore too - the pickup radius is way too small.

I dunno, I know its a old game but gameplay mechanics have really advanced since 10+ years ago for this type of genre. You realise how easy it is to just take things for granted nowadays with something as simple as the camera, locking on, platforming and variety in battles such as God of War or Bayonetta.

Not a bad game but really was it ever a great game to begin with in the first place apart from its unique settings and presentation?

I just remember having fonder memories of it.

It's a card game? Wtf is this shit!
It's not a card game. It's a Kingdom Hearts game with cards, the distinction is important.

Instead of equipping magic or abilities, you assemble a card deck using keylade, magic, item and summon cards. Then, in battle, you shuffle through your deck much like the BBS/3D command wheel and use the cards as abilities.

Tripon

This game is pretty hard on Proud mode in the beginning. I had to grind for a hour and a half just so I could beat the first boss.

Of course, I picked Sword as my strength, and staff as my weakness because I could give a fuck about magic, outside of healing stuff like cure.

After playing it for a bit, I wish they used the command deck system that they introduced in BBS and KH 3DS DDD.

Holmes

Camera's not bad. Only in small areas and when enemies you're locked onto fly high in the air. Camera doesn't follow them up so I find it's better to unlock to see them more easily.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Back then, did anyone tell Square that it ruins the surprise of a 'second form' when it happens in EVERY single fight?

Playing this last night was nostalgia overload!

I never got to play Final Mix since it never came to Australia, any massive differences I should know about?

Top Bottom