• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Holmes

Choosing the Shield is automatic easy mode, although I do agree that picking the Staff does have endgame benefits. Think I'll choose Staff again for my Beginner playthrough since that'll be my definitive playthrough where I go for platinum. Only thing holding me back is getting Lucky Strike early with Shield.

rataven

Does hitting the clock in the Green Room of the hotel do anything? I seem to remember that it does, and I hear a chime when I hit it, but nothing happens?

Holmes

Slapshot is good. Didn't have the chance to use it when I picked staff in my last playthrough. Ooh, and I see Stun Impact is coming up soon. And getting Cure soon too. Proud mode? Ha!

Hahahahahaha I just beat Final Mix and went right into Chain of Memories. I forgot that Sora's voice was going to be way deeper.

That sounded realllllll weird for a second there.

kai3345

Banned
uhhhhhhh so im watching all of the 358/2 days cutscenes and it's the scene with axel, roxas and xion on the clock tower and from shot to shot xion keeps randomly switching from the hooded to the un-hooded character model.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
uhhhhhhh so im watching all of the 358/2 days cutscenes and it's the scene with axel, roxas and xion on the clock tower and from shot to shot xion keeps randomly switching from the hooded to the un-hooded character model.
This is intentional and will be explained in due time.

Man, Chain of Memories HD looks a whole lot worse than Final Mix HD does. It's clearly lower rez - it's much jaggier and I feel like the models must not have been touched up as much.

It's not terrible or anything, but it's clear where the effort went.

Man, Chain of Memories HD looks a whole lot worse than Final Mix HD does. It's clearly lower rez - it's much jaggier and I feel like the models must not have been touched up as much.

Also the cutscenes in CoM were originally prerendered for whatever crazy reason so maybe that didn't do them any favours too. CoM scenes look like ass on emulator.

Agrabah was a piece of cake. No issues with any of the bosses. Except the Cave of Wonders.

Wasn't there a keychain in Wonderland after you lock it? I didn't get anything till Deep Jungle.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It sucks that I can't play more than a couple of hours every day... the weekend was filled with events, but hopefully I'll be able to play more after beating GTAV.

I'm really enjoying this game - even the "dreadful" gummi ship stuff. I'm purposely going back and forth between worlds in order to complete as many challenges as possible. I think they're great fun! I don't know what they'll reward me with (anyone know?) but as long as I consider the missions fun, I'll continue doing them :p

As for the "real" game, I'm loving it as well. The cutscenes are so good and apparently I haven't even reached the "better" parts yet. Some people here on GAF said that Deep Jungle was the worst stage in the game? I fucking loved the map because I love Tarzan and the music was incredible!

So I guess I'm gonna love this game even more when I start exploring the later stages in the game? God, that sounds amazing.

Proud/LowLevel/#teamstaff

^Thank you GAF for recommending such a playthrough. It's great for someone who considers good difficulty = good fun!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
At what point should I notice that Dusk is benefiting me? Level 50+ or even later?

Tsunamo

That creeped me out the first time I saw it the first time in Days, it was in Japanese too so I had no idea what was going on.

Yeah it's really really notable, at least they got the framerate to a good/stable one on time for release though.
Recommended lvl for
hollow baston?
I'm lvl 40 now
Is this your
First visit there?
If so then that or a couple more levels should be fine although the difficulty curb tends to ramp up a lot there.

Agrabah was a piece of cake. No issues with any of the bosses. Except the Cave of Wonders.

Wasn't there a keychain in Wonderland after you lock it? I didn't get anything till Deep Jungle.
Yes there is Lady Luck keychain after you get the white trinity ability. Its high level caster keyblade basically replacing spellbinder (unless you want to go Oathkeeper that is a good balance) and before Diamond Dust.

BHK3

Banned
About to go to Hollow Bastion and make it my house, anything I should do to save myself the trouble before the difficulty spike?

I'm really enjoying this game - even the "dreadful" gummi ship stuff. I'm purposely going back and forth between worlds in order to complete as many challenges as possible. I think they're great fun! I don't know what they'll reward me with (anyone know?) but as long as I consider the missions fun, I'll continue doing them :p
Props to you for having fun. I stopped playing the game for a month because of them.
Anyway, the things you get on those missions are purely aesthetic (non-funcional parts for show, and blueprints). There's nothing outside the minigame that will benefit from it.

I'm hesitant to start CoM. The Gba version is the only game I've ever returned to the store for not liking it. I despised that thing.
Re:CoM has both advantages and disadvantages over the original. 3D field and additions to combat make it a richer experience but the game is obviously designed with portable play in mind and they did nothing to change the basic structure of the game.

I think the biggest disadvantage however is that it is super easy to get burned on recom if you play it straight after kh1, which is the situation for many with this collection.

BHK3

Banned
Get Gravity Break from Hercules Cup Ttime Trial if you havent already. Becomes much hardet after.

Already?? I can't kill cloud anywhere near quick enough, I can get to him quickly with magic spamming if I equip spellbinder but magic does shit all against non regular heartless.

Already?? I can't kill cloud anywhere near quick enough, I can get to him quickly with magic spamming if I equip spellbinder but magic does shit all against non regular heartless.
You could try saving, stuffin your team full of ethers/ellixirs and spam fira full stop on him whenever you can't get physical hits. Dunno.

If you're struggling with a boss, try swapping your keyblade with one that says on the description that it's stronger to deflect attacks (or something like that). Examples include Olympia, Three Wishes, Divine Rose, Ultima Weapon and any key that lowers your MP.

That will lower your recovery time on guard and clash, which will make it easier to evade attacks and enable counterattack on things you couldn't before.

Top Bottom