• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

PK Gaming

Anyone wish the Oblivion wasn't complete garbage?

I'm still going to use it because it's my favorite Keyblade, but it's unforgivably bad in KH1...

Anyone wish the Oblivion wasn't complete garbage?

I'm still going to use it because it's my favorite Keyblade, but it's unforgivably bad in KH1...

I used it in the original pretty much exclusively after I got it. They raised the stats in final mix for a couple of the more useless keyblades but they left Oblivion untouched.

Divine rose <3

So I brought the game and I am kinda disappointed that 358/2 days is all cut scene and no gameplay.

Kinda lame if you ask me.

Trust me, when I got 358/2 Days as my first Kingdom Hearts experience (I knew the story from the other ones) I could not express my disappointment enough. Where was the fast gameplay? The reaction commands? The only thing kind of fun about it was getting to play as the members of Organization XIII in multiplayer mode. But even that got repetitive after a while.

Story was the only remote worthwhile thing in that game. Square Enix made a smart move remastering the cutscenes for this.

Just wanted to drop in to say, I am having an absolute blast in this game. Two facts: KH1 was one of the few games I ever finished when I was younger (I think I was 11 when I got it, or thereabouts) and I have a ginormous backlog. Still, I went to Best Buy on Saturday to pick something up, saw that they only had one copy left and impulse bought it. Haven't put it down since I got it. Might be mostly nostalgia at work but who gives, despite having so many [quality] games already, I haven't gotten this caught up in a game since Bioshock Infinite about three months ago.

One thing I do remember, though, is that in my first playthrough all those years ago, I never got the Ultima Weapon or
beat Sephiroth, despite beating all the other Coliseum bosses, plus Kurt Zisa and the Phantom
. I think the reason why was because my hits weren't moving his HP bar at all, but I wasn't able to figure out why and thought my game was glitched or something. Planning to go through all that optional stuff this time, as well. Also, only played the GBA CoM briefly; I was hoping that Re:CoM adapted the game to the KHFM battle system, but I guess it'll have to do as is.

Currently in
Monstro, can't wait for Halloween Town!

ALSO, they need to hurry the eff up with 2.5, because I am constantly being reminded of how awesome KH2 was and I need to play it again posthaste!

Square Enix did you a favour.

Indeed. The story is the best part. Whether it's good or not depends on how well you connect with the characters. I would have like 358/2 days to build up some of the other org members than axel, roxas, and saix though.

Dream Drop Distance spoilers.
I'm also sure Demyx and Luxord regained their heart without becoming part Xehanort (I'm pretty sure golden eyes are a sign you've been partially consumed.) I'm hoping they will aid in the battle against the new organization

I NEED spellbinder to beat this challenge...now I find out herc doesn't take damage from spells at all...

IIRC you can go to HB, get the white trinity ability and go grab Lady Luck from Wonderland before the heartless grow strong. It gives the same amount of magic as spellbinder but gives some extra boost to strenght too.

hey, what do you have to do for those mushroom enemies? i know I'm not suppose to hit them...though I do anyway :p

Which mushrooms, there's one you have to juggle. There's another that you have to hit with a specific attack type. It'll shudder for fira. It'll spin for aero. I still haven't figured out all the expressions.

Atruvius

hey, what do you have to do for those mushroom enemies? i know I'm not suppose to hit them...though I do anyway :p

Do you mean those with white bodies and red hats?

You have to use magic on them based on their animations. If they are shivering cast fire etc.

edit. beaten

Cast spells on them based on the action they do e.g. shiver and Blizard. I think they have a couple new entries for FM, but not sure.

Edit: Or the reverse of what I said. Always got confused myself.

I haven't figured them all out either, but use fire when it shivers and use blizzard when it leans back and starts fanning itself. I think you have to get it right three times in a row before it drops its loot. What I usually do is just have one type of spell that I stick with and just use that when he gives the corresponding reaction, that way I don't have to shuffle between spells and confuse myself or risk using the wrong one and having it leave.

FlipWilson

Neo Member
ah thanks for the replies!

in addition how do you defeat the multiplying monkey in Traverse Town? that thing actually kicked my ass...am I just underleveled?

ah thanks for the replies!

in addition how do you defeat the multiplying monkey in Traverse Town? that thing actually kicked my ass...am I just underleveled?

Don't let them spot you. Cast stop and go deal some damage and go into hiding again. Repeat as long as you can. The more you defeat the bigger chance for them to drop their unique synthesis loot. If they spot you (you get the target thingy on you) you have already lost and need to run away.

So I brought the game and I am kinda disappointed that 358/2 days is all cut scene and no gameplay.

Kinda lame if you ask me.

Well if you want to know all the side stuff from the main story and a few more details than the cutscenes give you I suggest to pick this game up. It's not the best of KH games, but you can get this one fore less than $10 you can't complain

What is everyone's favorite Keyblade on terms of visual design?

200px-Metal_Chocobo_KH.png

Metal Chocobo! Looks boss imo and the key-chain is adorable.

For Kingdom Hearts 2. I love the
Fatal Crest
design.

Which mushrooms, there's one you have to juggle. There's another that you have to hit with a specific attack type. It'll shudder for fira. It'll spin for aero. I still haven't figured out all the expressions.
Don't click if you want to figure it out for yourself:
Waves hands at face - Blizzard
Shudders - Fire
Weird light over the head - Thunder
Ly dow - Cure (Deep Jungle)
Floats - Gravity (Agrabah)
Spins - Aero (Halloween Town)
Paralyzes - Stop (Atlantica)

Three stopped ones in Atlantica or Deep Jungle - Stop them to make Pink Agaricus appear.
Yellow head and blue body - juggle them for awesome prizes and TONS of Exp.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Do you mean those with white bodies and red hats?

You have to use magic on them based on their animations. If they are shivering cast fire etc.

edit. beaten
What do you get for beating them?

JokerAceX

i need some help guys last night

i ran into 2 new heartless one was a pot monster in agrabah by the castle gates it looked like a pot spider but it had a scorpion stinger it would fling out poison blasts and charge at the party but their seemed to be no way to harm it.

the second was in transverse town, it seemed similar to the pink monkey from deep jungle but it was mechanical looking whenever you killed one it seem to spawn three more in it's place and it had some kind of target lock move that destroyed the entire party :<

What do you get for beating them?
You get synthesis items related to the magic you last cast on them. If you cast 3 times the same magic, you get the Gem version instead of Shard, plus an Arts. Collect one of each Arts and Yen Sid you give you the
Dream Shield
for Goofy.

As for the Rare Truffles, if you bounce them 100 times you get 5050 EXP, items that you can sell for a good profit, one Megalixir and one or more Elixirs.

i ran into 2 new heartless one was a pot monster in agrabah by the castle gates it looked like a pot spider but it had a scorpion stinger it would fling out poison blasts and charge at the party but their seemed to be no way to harm it.

the second was in transverse town, it seemed similar to the pink monkey from deep jungle but it was mechanical looking whenever you killed one it seem to spawn three more in it's place and it had some kind of target lock move that destroyed the entire party :<

For the first, (new heartless spoiler in Agrabah)
try to walk into the pots, the boss is too heavy and you can't move the pot it's in. Smash every pot except the one it's in for some munny and a chance of getting a prize. In battle, focus on it's claws. When it pinches them, it's signalling that it will attack using the tail. Guard the tail (or cast Aeroga and eat some sea-salt ice cream while you wait), and the boss will get dizzy. In the second phase, it will make the tail glow. When it does that it will stop telegraphing the sting, so be careful.

For the second, you need to kill them without being seen. Stop is essential, but you can snipe them with Fire if you're not confident on your MGS skills.

EDIT: Sorry for the dp .-.

Drayco21

For the first
you need to use guard/parry or use Aero to be able to deal damage to the Pot Scorpion. Nothing much deeper to it than that- I find Stop doesn't keep it down for very long and most spells don't seem to do the damage a Keyblade combo can on it.

The second,
Sniper Wilds have already been mentioned in the thread, but you want to keep them from seeing you and putting you in their sights. You should have a few moments to hit the bastards with a Stop and unleash enough attacks to kill it or pin it down so you can keep hammering it until its down. If it locks on to you, get out of there as fast as your oversized Disney shoes will carry you.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thanks a lot for the help, guys!

Seda

Well I basically completed everything in my Proud mode file except the gummy ship related trophies (missions and blueprints). I'll probably beat the final bosses tonight.

The speedster (< 15 hours) trophy is obtained as soon as you get to End of the World, right? I'll probably try to get that and possibly the never change equipment trophy on Beginner next, as well as the gummi stuff after getting the speedster trophy on that playthrough.

If speeding through and never changing equipment is too difficult, I'll save the equipment one for a final Normal mode playthrough where I can take time to grind if needed.

Betty

Banned
Well I basically completed everything in my Proud mode file except the gummy ship related trophies (missions and blueprints). I'll probably beat the final bosses tonight.

The speedster (< 15 hours) trophy is obtained as soon as you get to End of the World, right? I'll probably try to get that and possibly the never change equipment trophy on Beginner next, as well as the gummi stuff after getting the speedster trophy on that playthrough.

If speeding through and never changing equipment is too difficult, I'll save the equipment one for a final Normal mode playthrough where I can take time to grind if needed.

It popped for me after I beat Ansem.

Jeels

It popped for me after I beat Ansem.

How hard if that btw? My thoughts were I'd just run through it on easy mode without necessarily having to stop or grind (ie only equipping what I get throughout the story) and skip a world or two along the way (wonderland and atlantica) as well as cutscenes. Did you ever feel rushed? Did skipping so much actually make fights and what not difficult?

Seda

How hard if that btw? My thoughts were I'd just run through it on easy mode without necessarily having to stop or grind (ie only equipping what I get throughout the story) and skip a world or two along the way (wonderland and atlantica) as well as cutscenes. Did you ever feel rushed? Did skipping so much actually make fights and what not difficult?

I don't think you can skip Wonderland, can you? You get a Navi-G piece.

I believe you can skip:
  • Olympus Coliseum
  • Monstro (once swallowed just use the Save Point to leave)
  • Atlantica or Halloween Town (I assume most will skip Atlantica)

Weird. I must have totally fabricated a memory of KH1 having a double jump ability on top of High Jump. It's just High Jump and (super)Glide, I guess. That's a huge bummer because double jumping is the best.

My favorite Keyblade to use was the Lionheart.

Stuck with it when I got it.

Used Divine Rose to beat Sephiroth since magic was useless against him

Betty

Banned

Well Seda already told you which worlds you can effectively skip to progress faster, but as for if I ever felt rushed? No, not at all. And I was playing on normal difficulty, avoiding every battle I did not absolutely have to complete and rushing to the end. My final time was under 8 hours.

Clayton was the only one who gave me trouble on my speedrun, but a quick grind and a few items later he was no big deal.

btkadams

watched 358/2 days yesterday and have some questions for those who know the series better than i.

i've only beaten kingdom hearts 1, 2, and read the script for chain of memories (lol) ages ago. if the answers to my questions are answered in birth by sleep or ddd, please just say that so that it doesn't spoil the surprise.

i have spoiler tagged my questions so that first-time kingdom hearts players aren't spoiled.

is namine anyone's nobody? what exactly is she? does kairi have a nobody? from what i gathered, xion was just a manufactured nobody that started to embody sora's memories of kairi, nothing more. i'm trying to remember what happened in kingdom hearts 1. when did roxas become created? if kairi doesn't have a nobody, why not? didn't she lose her heart at some point like sora?

thanks, in advance!

The way different Keyblades have different passive abilities attached to them in KH2 is kind of irritating, IMO.
Especially if the best keyblade in the game happens to be a stick of candy and sounds like christmas bells when you hit someone.

But in the end, having that variety and making it possible to use weaker keyblades even in endgame because of their abilities is neat.

watched 358/2 days yesterday and have some questions for those who know the series better than i.

i've only beaten kingdom hearts 1, 2, and read the script for chain of memories (lol) ages ago. if the answers to my question are answered in birth by sleep or ddd, please just say that so that it doesn't spoil the surprise.

i have spoiler tagged my questions so that first-time kingdom hearts players aren't spoiled.

is namine anyone's nobody? what exactly is she? does kairi have a nobody? from what i gathered, xion was just a manufactured nobody that started to embody sora's memories of kairi, nothing more. i'm trying to remember what happened in kingdom hearts 1. when did roxas become created? if kairi doesn't have a nobody, why not? didn't she lose her heart at some point like sora?

thanks, in advance!
Namine is Kairi's nobody. She is special because she was created on Sora, since Kairi can't become a heartless. Read the Ansem Reports on both games to understand this better.
Roxas was born after the Riku battle in Hollow Bastion, when Sora used the Keyblade from the Princesses' Hearts to unlock his.
Kairi can't become a heartless because she has no darkness in her heart. Because of that, she got inside Sora's body. BBS expands on that, in a way.

i've only beaten kingdom hearts 1, 2, and read the script for chain of memories (lol) ages ago. if the answers to my questions are answered in birth by sleep or ddd, please just say that so that it doesn't spoil the surprise.

thanks, in advance!
I've decided that trying to completely understand the Kingdom hearts story will make your mind explode.

I try my best though.

Betty

Banned

thanks, in advance!

Namine is Kairi's Nobody, both she and Roxas were born when Sora stabbed himself with the keyblade in Hollow Bastion.

I never noticed the random palette-swap NPCs that show up in Agrabah after you seal the Keyhole until now.
What's the point of that they disappear once you leave the world and come back.

Well, I mean at least they tried.

btkadams

Namine is Kairi's Nobody, both she and Roxas were born when Sora stabbed himself with the keyblade in Hollow Bastion.
thanks! that makes a lot more sense.

why did roxas need to basically die to become one with sora again, but namine didn't have to die for kairi to become whole?

Top Bottom