• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Seda

Namine is Kairi's Nobody, both she and Roxas were born when Sora stabbed himself with the keyblade in Hollow Bastion.

Further:

Kairi's Nobody (Namine) is very unique, and by all (Kingdom Hearts) logic shouldn't exist, because Kairi's heart holds no darkness. [For a Nobody to exist the original being needs to become a heartless] But because of the very unique circumstance - her heart being bound to Sora's when as he became a heartless - she appears. This unique birth is also why she doesn't have Kairi's memories unlike other nobodies.
(Anyone feel free to clarify me)

I have made an effort to understand the Kingdom Hearts plotline but it has gotten pretty darn dumb.

Betty

Banned
I have made an effort to understand the Kingdom Hearts plotline but it has gotten pretty darn dumb.

Won't argue with you there.

thanks! that makes a lot more sense.

why did roxas need to basically die to become one with sora again, but namine didn't have to die for kairi to become whole?

Neither Roxas nor Namine technically died, they just accepted their fate and returned to Sora and Kairi respectively.

btkadams

Further:

Kairi's Nobody (Namine) is very unique, and by all (Kingdom Hearts) logic shouldn't exist, because Kairi's heart holds no darkness. [For a Nobody to exist the original being needs to become a heartless] But because of the very unique circumstance - her heart being bound to Sora's when as he became a heartless - she appears. This unique birth is also why she doesn't have Kairi's memories unlike other nobodies.

Won't argue with you there.

Neither Roxas nor Namine technically died, they just accepted their fate and returned to Sora and Kairi respectively.

ohhhh ok i didn't remember if namine had returned to kairi like roxas to sora.

thanks, guys!
What do you mean?
Both Sora and Kairi were able to "wake up" while Roxas and Namine continued to exist.

you're right. i had forgotten about that.

FlipWilson

Neo Member
watched 358/2 days yesterday and have some questions for those who know the series better than i.

i've only beaten kingdom hearts 1, 2, and read the script for chain of memories (lol) ages ago. if the answers to my questions are answered in birth by sleep or ddd, please just say that so that it doesn't spoil the surprise.

i have spoiler tagged my questions so that first-time kingdom hearts players aren't spoiled.

is namine anyone's nobody? what exactly is she? does kairi have a nobody? from what i gathered, xion was just a manufactured nobody that started to embody sora's memories of kairi, nothing more. i'm trying to remember what happened in kingdom hearts 1. when did roxas become created? if kairi doesn't have a nobody, why not? didn't she lose her heart at some point like sora?

thanks, in advance!

correct if I'm wrong Gaf:

Supposedly from what I gathered is Namine is Kairi's nobody; though the game doesn't show how Kairi lost here heart it explains why in KH1 that Riku is searching for a heart for Kairi. Which leads to Sora giving her his "Heart" in Hollow Bastion to awaken her from a comatose like sleep which leads to Sora becoming a heartless and his Nobody Roxas to be formed; and if you've ever play birth by sleep you will find out why Roxas looks the way he does because a keyblade wielder before him name Ventus gave Sora his "heart" or more is inherited will which laid dormant in Sora until he became a heartless

I believe Namine is Kairi's nobody because at the end of KH II you see Sora looking at Kairi and then aa reversal with Namine looking at Roxas

then as for Xion, the reason why she takes the form of Kairi is because as you know Sora's memories are embedded in Roxas so Xion shapes into what Sora cares for the most

Atruvius

It seems like the red trinity in Halloween Town is bugged for me. I have Donald and Goofy in my party and no enemies around but I can't activate the trinity. :(

edit. Had to get that jar enemy to respawn, kill it and then I could activate it.

sappyday

So I've done everything on my Proud run except for the gummi ship missions but I have no desire to do them but I also want the trophies. For the blueprints is required to do all the gummi ship missions?

Seda

So I've done everything on my Proud run except for the gummi ship missions but I have no desire to do them but I also want the trophies. For the blueprints is required to do all the gummi ship missions?

Gummy missions are apparently also affected by difficulty so I'm doing both the blueprints trophy and missions trophy on my beginner run through.

Is there anything that has to be done on Proud for trophies other than beating the game? I'm thinking of making my Final Mix playthrough my 100% (for less aggro) and my beginner run the speed/ no equip change/ no continues playthrough.

Do you have PS+? If so, get your old save from the cloud before it auto-updates!

I've been meaning to get PS+ for a while now, and now I'm kicking myself for not getting it.

Funny thing is this happened to me so much with the Kingdom Hearts games when I was a kid, but I thought I would be more careful now so I didn't make extra saves. Guess I was wrong...

Asd202

This dump as fuck.

Atruvius

So about the clock tower items. You can't just change your PS3's clock to get the doors to open, right? The game tracks it by time spent playing?

Derrick01

Banned
Man (late game spoilers)
Dragon-Maleficent and super saiyan Riku
don't play around. Those were some tough fights. Luckily I'm so stacked with elixirs, mega potions/ethers and mega elixirs that I got through it without too many problems.

Carbonox

Beat the game on Normal. Now for Proud mode. My first time trying the hardest mode in KH (never tried it in vanilla either). Will be interesting - currently farming EXP on Destiny Islands against Tidus. So much quicker and easier than doing it against Riku.

I picked Shield, dropped Staff and chose the quick level up route (I just wanna get through Proud as quickly as possible whilst still being able to be strong enough to deal with the story threats). My Beginner run is where the bulk of the game's various challenges will be done.

Tempted to grind on the island until level 15 so I get the Guard ability before I continue.

Soriku

If you want to know anything about the series/characters just hit up the KH wiki.

On Namine:

Naminé is the Nobody of Kairi, and wields the power to manipulate the memories of Sora and those close to him. Her first appearance is in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. She also plays a minor role in Kingdom Hearts II and appears in some cutscenes in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. The first part of her name, nami means "wave" in Japanese, similar to Kairi's name, which is derived from the word for "sea".

Naminé was born when Sora impaled himself with Ansem's artificial Keyblade in order to return Kairi's heart to her body (at the same time Roxas was born). This made Naminé a very strange Nobody, born from Kairi's heart and Sora's body and soul. Kairi's own body never became a Nobody because her heart lacked darkness (since she was one of the Princesses of Heart), so her body and soul were never able to leave the Realm of Light and thus made it seem like Kairi was in a comatose state until she regained her heart.

However, this means that Naminé was also born without Kairi's memories, only furthering her unique status as an unprecedented Nobody. Yet she and Kairi are incomplete without each other, similar to Sora and Roxas. Because of the fact that Naminé is formed from Sora's body, she has the power to manipulate his memories as well as the memories of those who are connected to him, prompting several others, even herself, to call her a "witch". Ansem the Wise stated in his ninth Secret Ansem Report that Naminé is a highly unusual Nobody, due to possessing neither the body nor the memories that a Nobody is usually made from.

Jarmel

Banned
I have literally spent half an hour trying to make at least one Rare Truffle or White Mushroom spawn to even have a damn shot at the Mystery Goo and I have jackshit for my time. This is fucking stupid for something I need at least 5 of.

Seda

I have literally spent half an hour trying to make at least one Rare Truffle or White Mushroom spawn to even have a damn shot at the Mystery Goo and I have jackshit for my time. This is fucking stupid for something I need at least 5 of.

For Rare Truffle I went to Hook's ship, loading up in the cabin, flying up the hatch above, and then out the door onto the deck. I went in and out the door perhaps 8 times or so and if I couldn't get them to spawn I did a quick reset and started again. If you're lucky you can get something like 3 Mystery Goos from one Rare Truffle if you can get the counter to 100.

The most time consuming item drop farming are the weapons from Defenders and Wizards, took me a few hours to get the Defender, where I went in and out of Third District several times.

Go to Halloween Town.

Graveyard (white) > Moonlight Hill (black) > Bridge (rare) all have a chance at each type of Mushroom. And then you can start over by going through the drainage pipe at the Bridge.

sappyday

For Rare Truffle I went to Hook's ship, loading up in the cabin, flying up the hatch above, and then out the door onto the deck. I went in and out the door perhaps 8 times or so and if I couldn't get them to spawn I did a quick reset and started again. If you're lucky you can get something like 3 Mystery Goos from one Rare Truffle if you can get the counter to 100.

The most time consuming item drop farming are the weapons from Defenders and Wizards, took me a few hours to get the Defender, where I went in and out of Third District several times.

Mystery Goo took me forever and this was always something that took me so long even in the vanilla game.

The funny thing is that I got the staff from the Wizard when I was getting items for synthesizing and after getting Save the King all I needed was the Defender shield, but I thought it would take me forever so I was getting ready. After the first battle the item drops. I was so glad that I didn't have to waste so much time trying to get it.

Finally synthesized the Ultima Weapon. Now all I have to do to finish my Proud playthrough is synthesize the Seven Elements. Its almost sad... 50 hours into it, and I still don't want it to end. Such a great game.

Seda

Also a random comment - since they nerfed the amount of EXP the Platinum Match gives, I found it quickest to level up to 100 using
Rock Titan
, as you can beat him quite quickly for a fair amount.

Didn't take much time at all really (Dusk/Night leveling option)

Until they nerfed the respawns of Rare Truffles in Neverland, they were the best because you get Mega/Elixir too. They're still great, but it takes much more time now.

Also a random comment - since they nerfed the amount of EXP the Platinum Match gives, I found it quickest to level up to 100 using
Rock Titan
, as you can beat him quite quickly for a fair amount.

Didn't take much time at all really (Dusk/Night leveling option)

My cousin told me he just put on EXP Necklace, tons of tech boosts and kept fighting the gold match.

I used to be a scientist. But then I turned into an airship.

Phantom defeated. Quite easy, by far the easiest superboss anyway. I still need to synthesize Ribbon so I unlock Ultima Weapon. Shouldn't take too long.

bryt

Is being level 43 low for being at The End of the World on Proud mode? Because holy crap I just made it through the area where you have to kill waves of heartless to break a door and that was the toughest fight by a long shot so far. It took me 2.5 hours to get through it. It was harder than the fights with
Dragon Maleficent and Riku Ansem.
I like the challenge though so hopefully the last few bosses are just as hard.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
This might be the dumbest post ever, I just started my game, I saved when they asked me to save but ever since, I can't seem to find the damn save button lol! I pushed the start button can't see it :( Can't fin it in the instructions manual either (so tiny)! Help Gaf!

This might be the dumbest post ever, I just started my game, I saved when they asked me to save but ever since, I can't seem to find the damn save button lol! I pushed the start button can't see it :( Can't fin it in the instructions manual either (so tiny)! Help Gaf!

Stand on a save point and press triangle.

bryt

You need to find save points which are glowing green circles on the ground or green swirls on the ground. Then you press Triangle to go to the save menu.

Seda

You have to find a save point. There's one in the shack on Destiny Islands.

Carbonox

Proud Mode
Destiny Islands
Level 20

hehehehehe

Actually went stupidly quickly. A tech boost ability (doubling the tp you receive) becomes available at like level 13/14 which means every parry against Tidus nets you 4tp. Considering you parry like every few seconds, you end up racking up an extortionate amount of exp. :lol

I'm done now though - on to the rest of the game. Should set me up for a bit in this mode though.

Proud Mode
Destiny Islands
Level 20

hehehehehe

Actually went stupidly quickly. A tech boost ability (doubling the tp you receive) becomes available at like level 13/14 which means every parry against Tidus nets you 4tp. Considering you parry like every few seconds, you end up racking up an extortionate amount of exp. :lol

I'm done now though - on to the rest of the game. Should set me up for a bit in this mode though.
Haha I only got up to level 11. I was on Dusk too so it was going way to slow

Voror

Proud Mode
Destiny Islands
Level 20

hehehehehe

What did you pick at the start? I'm Staff and level 23, but I don't have that ability yet.

Just finished Atlantica. God I hated that place. Ursula is such a cheap-shit boss. I got her on my second try, but it doesn't help when I'm fighting with her, and the controls.

Top Bottom