• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Bought it yesterday. Looks glorious in HD, but I'd forgotten how boring Deep Jungle is. Not as bad as Atlantica tho, that level sucked massive amounts of shit. So bad. Not to forget the dreadful gummi ship parts. Ugh.

McNum

The remastered Winnie the Pooh theme is adorable. Aww. Just want to idle there for hours... like I did in the original. I need to find all of the pages.

Anyway, got done with Agrabah. Sora is now level 24 and thanks to Three Wishes and an accessory grating +1 MP, Sora now has 6 MP and MP Haste. That should cover most magic related issues for now. The fights in Agrabah weren't as tough as i remember them to be. Seem to remember getting beat up by Pot Centipede and Jafar in the original.

dan2026

Bought it yesterday. Looks glorious in HD, but I'd forgotten how boring Deep Jungle is. Not as bad as Atlantica tho, that level sucked massive amounts of shit. So bad. Not to forget the dreadful gummi ship parts. Ugh.

Yeah while I am enjoying this game, the actual gameplay parts don't seem too strong.

It has a lot of style and class, but the actual playing part is ehhhhh.

Holmes

The remastered Winnie the Pooh theme is adorable. Aww. Just want to idle there for hours... like I did in the original. I need to find all of the pages.

Anyway, got done with Agrabah. Sora is now level 24 and thanks to Three Wishes and an accessory grating +1 MP, Sora now has 6 MP and MP Haste. That should cover most magic related issues for now. The fights in Agrabah weren't as tough as i remember them to be. Seem to remember getting beat up by Pot Centipede and Jafar in the original.
Go to Merlin to get Spellbinder after Monstro asap. You should have every magic spell by then and it gives +2 MP. Much better for a Staff playthrough. Only replace it with Lady Luck when you can do white trinity halfway through Hollow Bastion. Then replace that with Diamond Dust if you get it.

Derrick01

Banned
How do you beat (or even hit really) that damn pot scorpion in agrabah? I'm guessing he's a new enemy since I don't remember it at all.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Yeah while I am enjoying this game, the actual gameplay parts don't seem too strong.

It has a lot of style and class, but the actual playing part is ehhhhh.

I don't mind the gameplay being a little janky, but some of the levels are kinda dull. Still not as bad as KH II where large parts of the levels are just empty, barren and damn fucking boring.

Carbonox

What did you pick at the start? I'm Staff and level 23, but I don't have that ability yet.

I picked Shield. Not risking anything else on Proud mode. I just want to get through this mode as best I can in as little time so I can focus on doing all the side task shit and trophies in Beginner.

Seda

How do you beat (or even hit really) that damn pot scorpion in agrabah? I'm guessing he's a new enemy since I don't remember it at all.

You have to block their attack when they charge at you. They'll flip over and become vulnerable. These guys drop Mythril Stones for synthesis.

McNum

Go to Merlin to get Spellbinder after Monstro asap. You should have every magic spell by then and it gives +2 MP. Much better for a Staff playthrough. Only replace it with Lady Luck when you can do white trinity halfway through Hollow Bastion. Then replace that with Diamond Dust if you get it.
How do i get Spellbinder, exactly? Do I have to do the magic trials or is it a freebie?

And of course I'll be getting Diamond Dust. Gotta grind some Ice Titan for the Sephiroth smackdown, no?

WTF Ursala is so fucking cheap! Finally got her using a exploit by.going above her head abs attacking her from there. Died 2 times before though when the health bar was so low. anyways done with this world thankfully.

I have to say most of the areas/worlds in the game, as well as the bosses and Gummi Ship parts are poorly thought out and designed. Added to awful jump mechanics until later on. The game really needed something to help with navigating levels and giving a better clue at where to go next. Deep Jungle and Monstro were particularly messy. I actually didn't mind Atlantica though strangely. I found me way round well and didn't have too much problem with the controls. The music grates after a while, even though they use the "Under the Sea" tune, it's a very short sample on endless loop. The "This is Halloween" music at least was remixed and extended so it didn't feel as annoying. Shame they couldn't get most of the actual voice actors for this part. Dr Finklestein was poor :(

Though getting past all that I'm still enjoying it a lot. I must have a really bad memory or I didn't actual complete the game originally. I've just finished the first journey to
Hollow Bastion
but I can't remember doing any of that. The books puzzle was rather cool.

I did much prefer the sequel though. Hopefully the HD version is announced soon.

BHK3

Banned
Dalmatians 46,47, and 48 are missing. It says they are in agrabah and I am missing 3 there yet it's not at the palace gates...

Man, it really is jarring to go from KH1 to COM. Hearing Sora's voice go from KH1 Sora to KH2 Sora, but still keeping the same look is weird. It doesn't bug me much after the first world, though. What really annoys me is that it needs to load for every single battle and for every single room you enter.

I just beat
Axel
and the battle was actually fun, if not a bit awkward. It just makes me want 2.5 even more, so I can battle the CoM organization members with a proper battle system.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Man,
Ansem/Riku
is giving me so much trouble. How will I ever fight Sephiroth, Kurt, and Unknown at this rate?

And do I really want to go back and get all the dalmations...? Hmm....

rataven

Bummer, Amazon's saying the hardcover guide won't release until October 15th now.

Shame they couldn't get it out in time for the games' release. I don't usually use strategy guides for new games, but since this is my third time through KH, would have been nice to reference for the maps and Dalmatian locations and such.

BHK3

Banned
Is it atop the roofs?

Found it, all the guides I found were wrong even for the final mix versions, 46-48 are in the hidden room in the water caves in the cave of wonders. You have to activate one of the gorilla statues holding a gem and it'll open up another room with another statue,which will then open up an alcove with two chests, one having a gummi and the other having puppies.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Found it, all the guides I found were wrong even for the final mix versions, 46-48 are in the hidden room in the water caves in the cave of wonders. You have to activate one of the gorilla statues holding a gem and it'll open up another room with another statue,which will then open up an alcove with two chests, one having a gummi and the other having puppies.
Yeah, a couple of the locations are different, so I aimed to get all the chests/trinity marks instead.

ayob

what should i do GAF? #teamstaff or #teamshield?

Im planning on doing my 100% playthrough on proud mode and im leaning towards the shield.

Am i doing it wrong?

(i beat the original ps2 version on expert picking sword and dropping the staff)

Im planning on doing my 100% playthrough on proud mode and im leaning towards the shield.

Am i doing it wrong?

(i beat the original ps2 version on expert picking sword and dropping the staff)

I just finished my 100% Proud playthrough. Shield FTW

Am i doing it wrong?

If you plan on 100%, #TeamStaff will give you one extra MP, and Shield is one extra item slot. Sword lol.

Pick Staff.

Voror

Bummer, Amazon's saying the hardcover guide won't release until October 15th now.

Shame they couldn't get it out in time for the games' release. I don't usually use strategy guides for new games, but since this is my third time through KH, would have been nice to reference for the maps and Dalmatian locations and such.

Damn, really? I like to have them even if I don't use them as often I only to make sure I don't miss some important item or something.

Anyone know if the vine swinging game gets you any items? I can't find anything on the vanilla version giving anything.

bryt

Yay, just beat Proud mode! It was a nice challenge. Hardest part was the wave of heartless before the final boss area. Now to get Speedster on Normal then finish off everything else on Beginner.

Psxphile

Currently doing all the Tree Slide challenges in Deep Jungle for the bonus stat ups before heading back to Traverse Town to continue the plot.

So, what was the purpose of the flowers in the 'Climbing Trees' portion of Deep Jungle? They react to your magic but I never understood what it all meant.

Psxphile

Worst part of that Tree Slide mini-game is Tarzan. His presence actively works against you by virtue of his bulky shoulders. At least the stray branches and rocks slow him down, getting all 50 fruits in one go is hard enough without him in the way. Welp, off to TT.

They do nothing. Unless Lord Nomura-sama has hidden something in there and no one found it for over 10 years!

I used to think they were what was spawning the Power Wilds in that room, which is why it seems they're never ending (I like to clear rooms completely before moving on). But I never bothered to test it, I don't think it's worth the hassle to figure it out.

Seda

I must have been mistaken, I don't think you can skip Monstro AND Atlantica. I have skipped over those but the node for Neverland doesnt appear. I found on GameFAQS:

"No, Neverland itself is NOT optional, but the new dot for Neverland won't appear until two of the three preceding worlds are completed. Monstro displays a "complete" icon, while Atlantica and Halloween Town show the usual locked-keyhole icon. Where Monstro is located makes no difference."

So yeah, I figured I'd post this to clarify my mistake.

Jeels

I must have been mistaken, I don't think you can skip Monstro AND Atlantica. I have skipped over those but the node for Neverland doesnt appear. I found on GameFAQS:

"No, Neverland itself is NOT optional, but the new dot for Neverland won't appear until two of the three preceding worlds are completed. Monstro displays a "complete" icon, while Atlantica and Halloween Town show the usual locked-keyhole icon. Where Monstro is located makes no difference."

So yeah, I figured I'd post this to clarify my mistake.

Okay, so essentially you can skip Olympus and then EITHER Halloween Town or Atlantica?

Jeels

What do you get for the tree slide mini games? I just finished deep jungle and can go back and do them.

The thing I wanted most was the Power Up and Defense Up.

There's also a rare synthesis item.

(Tip: Since you have to do it multiple times, instead of getting all the way back up to the top, when you fall below, use the save point in the tent to exit and re-enter the world from the top. Saves a lot of time).

It's actually pretty fun of a mini game, reminds me of a time when games were packed with little side content...

luka

Loves Robotech S1
I posted this in the other thread a few months ago, but I did the speedster, no continue and unchanging armor trophy in one go on easy. I blew through the game in about 6 hours, but at least one of those hours was trying to beat the last boss while being SEVERELY underleveled. If I died on one of the final forms, that would tack on another 25-30 minute struggle to get back to that point. It was really damn hard!

So yeah, 15 hours is easy so skipping worlds isn't really necessary. It would probably help ensure you have the levels for the endgame!

Seda

I posted this in the other thread a few months ago, but I did the speedster, no continue and unchanging armor trophy in one go on easy. I blew through the game in about 6 hours, but at least one of those hours was trying to beat the last boss while being SEVERELY underleveled. If I died on one of the final forms, that would tack on another 25-30 minute struggle to get back to that point. It was really damn hard!

So yeah, 15 hours is easy so skipping worlds isn't really necessary. It would probably help ensure you have the levels for the endgame!

Yeah I just cleared Neverland and it hasnt been four hours yet (skipped Monstro).

I will probably spend a bit grinding after Hollow Bastion.

EDIT: I already have the no continues trophy, so I can 'continue' on the final boss rather than reloading a save.

Yeah I just cleared Neverland and it hasnt been four hours yet (skipped Monstro).

I will probably spend a bit grinding after Hollow Bastion.

What level are you at? I just finished Neverland (without skipping anything) and I'm at 41. Still have 100 Acre and Hollow Bastion. Plus whichever tournament just opened up.

Top Bottom