• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Seda

What level are you at? I just finished Neverland (without skipping anything) and I'm at 41. Still have 100 Acre and Hollow Bastion. Plus whichever tournament just opened up.

I'm on my Beginner run going for the Speedster trophy. I finished Hollow Bastion at I'm currently 46. Since I have several hours to spare I'm going back and grinding some levels before I tackle End of the World.

kai3345

Banned
The only thing I don't like is the HD upgrade makes the constant shifting from fully 3D faces to 2D texture faces much more jarring

Atruvius

Damn, that grand ghost is hard to kill. I try give it a potion but he either hits me canceling it or moves away so I give the potion to Goofy. And then the ghost warps away. Leaf bracer only works for magic not for potions?

Damn, that grand ghost is hard to kill. I try give it a potion but he either hits me canceling it or moves away so I give the potion to Goofy. And then the ghost warps away. Leaf bracer only works for magic not for potions?
Just give it megalixir for 100% chance of frost stone and 1hit ko.

BHK3

Banned
I really liked going back to the completed worlds to find the rest of the treasures/trinities and happened to find new heartless waiting for me as well. Got all the dalmatians and trinities now aside from whats inside hollow bastion.

What items should I go farm up before the power up? I might as well grind for synthesis junk now and not when they're more powered up.

"Your friend's heart was taken by the Heartless but you should totally trust me, the person with the power to control the Heartless."

Holy shit, I'd forgotten that Riku is every bit as dumb as Terra.

Toki767

"Your friend's heart was taken by the Heartless but you should totally trust me, the person with the power to control the Heartless."

Holy shit, I'd forgotten that Riku is every bit as dumb as Terra.

Haha. Yeah. Riku just felt like a flat out jerk in KH1. Even when he wasn't controlled.

Nudull

Banned
Thank god I'm finally out of Deep Jungle, forgot how much that world dragged for me (and this is coming from a Tarzan fan). Also forgot that Final Mix is a bit harder than the original US version, which did not help with the pacing. >.>

Fusebox

Banned
Finally got my KH1.5 preorder in the mail. Never played it before, I was having a most excellent time with the game until the 'name the raft' race and jesus fucking christ the camera and that floaty jump of Soras, I almost threw my controller at the screen multiple times just trying to get back after tagging the star. Is there much platforming in this game?

Of course there's every chance I'm just doing something horribly wrong and I'm not meant to jump across the tree tops?

Seda

Completed my Beginner Speedster/Unchanging Equipment run. I clocked at around 7.5 hours. End of the World to the end was quite the nuisance.I wouldn't even bother skipping worlds - you have plenty of time to kill Cerberus, complete Atlantica and whatnot. Get some exp because it's nice to have later.

Finally got my KH1.5 preorder in the mail. Never played it before, I was having a most excellent time with the game until the 'name the raft' race and jesus fucking christ the camera and that floaty jump of Soras, I almost threw my controller at the screen multiple times just trying to get back after tagging the star. Is there much platforming in this game?

Of course there's every chance I'm just doing something horribly wrong and I'm not meant to jump across the tree tops?

That race is pretty annoying. There's some other platforming areas in the game but nothing quite like that, although they can be a little tedious as well. You don't have to go across the tree tops but if you can pull it off you save some time.

Ok teamstaff dont really even need stop for sniperwilds. I found the most efficient way to just stay far away and shoot firaga at them. They wont spot you.

Carbonox

I fucking despise that damn boss in Monstro (the second time you fight him). Utter utter twat. My most hated regular boss in the game. Proud mode atm and while I know with some patience and two-hit periods, I can whittle him down, a slight bit of misjudgment and it goes tits up cos of his shitty attacks. Fucker.

I'm not underlevelled in the slightest either.

Groof

A bit late to the party but my copy just arrived!
9784166914_5b3503a5e5_b.jpg
I was pleasantly surprised by the LE actually, I thought it was just gonna be a regular box in a slip cover and a booklet style artbook.

Rhiwion

Banned
Here's a brief summary of my KH HD experience so far:

Proud Mode: CLEAR Time: 16:31:21
As challenging as it gets if you played vanilla Proud mode to death. Still got wrecked on World of Chaos’ first form and Maleficent Dragon but thats possibly due to me trying to attempt the Speedster trophy in this run. ((

Right now I'm rocking Beginner for Speedster/Undefeated/Unchanging Armor and arrived at World of Chaos who is wrecking my balls actually. With about 6 hours I could afford to grind a little but I'll probably try until I either cry or defeated him (Current LV 51 - It's usually the first phase that gives me problems)

I’ll probably go back to Proud Mode once I got the Platinum Trophy to get the last requirements for THE MOST EPIC AND BEAUTIFUL SECRET ENDING IN GAMING HISTORY… IN HD!

AKA

ANOTHER SIDE, ANOTHER STORY -DEEP DIVE-

<3

Voror

I just don't get these mushroom things. I get that I'm supposed to cast spells on them based on their actions and I know what those action are, but I swear I've gotten three in a row with the right spell without getting the item.

I just don't get these mushroom things. I get that I'm supposed to cast spells on them based on their actions and I know what those action are, but I swear I've gotten three in a row with the right spell without getting the item.

Three of the same type spell always gets you Arts item of that element that can be sold (or by collecting all 7 will get you Dream Shield for Goofy).

Mystery Goo has a chance of dropping even if you don't use 3x the same spell but it doubles the chances of getting one. The drop is not guaranteed.

If you cast random spells you always get a synthesis shard (for example, third spell is thunder=thunder shard). With 3 of the same spells you have a chance to get synthesis gem but it isn't guaranteed.

Twio

USPS finally got my LE copy to me.

IMAG0298_1.jpg

Only took them five different states and a week to deliver something that was supposed to be here last Tuesday.

dropbear

Banned
After Best Buy burned me on the Limited Edition copy, it looks like Amazon has more in stock now! I think...?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'd hate to order another copy online only to have it show up as not the Limited Edition again.

The 358/2 Days movie is a little disappointing so far. Such under appreciated characters in the Organization and they still get barely any attention.

still, GOT IT MEMORIZED

The 358/2 Days movie is a little disappointing so far. Such under appreciated characters in the Organization and they still get barely any attention.

still, GOT IT MEMORIZED

Agreed. I was looking forward to it to hear new dialogue from Luxord, Xaldin, Xigbar and Demyx. Too bad they got all of those voice actors together and still had barely any dialogue recorded.

After Best Buy burned me on the Limited Edition copy, it looks like Amazon has more in stock now! I think...?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'd hate to order another copy online only to have it show up as not the Limited Edition again.

Yeah they're selling teh LE copies on Amazon for 6 cents less

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I loved watching 358/2 days; it really made a lot of sense to me.
Makes me wonder how the hell they made each game fit so perfectly with each other.

Twio

Yeah they're selling teh LE copies on Amazon for 6 cents less

AMAZON ALWAYS GOT DEM DEALS.
-
I was really undecided as to whether or not I was going to pre-order 1.5 originally as I like KH2 much more than the original and I wouldn't have time to play it as I started my Junior year of HS the week it came out but nostalgia got the best of me and I pre-ordered the Limited Edition at the last second from Best Buy. It's kinda weird that they downgraded you as they didn't downgrade me but they lost my fucking package so just go with Amazon.

I'm sure the Limited Edition will be around for a month or two longer.

The Winnie the Pooh book is sad D:
It's infuriating.
You're going to destroy the poor bunny's crops and bridge! Well fuck you because I want to jump.
You're going to make the poor bunny starve without his honey, to the point he lies to you to protect his food! Well fuck you because I want to eat your honey.

Everyone is a jerk on that show, goddammit.

I read that you get two extra MP in total. Do you know what level ill get the second extra MP?
Sorry, I don't remember if you do or when.

Neolith

Is there a guide out there for all the special mushroom critters? I remember the little white ones in vanilla but all these new guys are confusing me a little

Twio

Will there be a PS4 port to this game? I really want it in 1080p 60fps.

No. I obviously don't know this for a fact but I'll bet you it's a no.

KH 2.5 could happen on the PS4 but it's still very unlikely. I think Square has made it clear that they want KH3 to make its big debut on PS4 and releasing 2.5 on the PS4 would take a bit of steam from that.

Vashetti

Banned
The further I get in the game, the less Donald and Goofy are dying during combat.

Make sure you run back to Traverse Town every now and then to pick up new weapons and accessories and they fare pretty well.

Yay Ultima Weapon <3.

Also defeated Gold Match and Kurt Zisa. Was Kurt always this piss easy? I destroyed the guy in a few minutes no problem and Platinum match is still way more challenging at this point (lvl 70). Still have to do that, Unknown, synth Fantasista+Seven Elements and clear rest of the gummi missions and my 100% run is complete. I'm debating if I wanna start the speedster run right after or start Re:CoM or watch Days :p

I never knew how to get Cheer for Sora before :lol. Looked it up this time. God damn KH1 with its cryptic ass things :lol.

Also dat Zantetsuken.

Is there a guide out there for all the special mushroom critters? I remember the little white ones in vanilla but all these new guys are confusing me a little
Blue Mushroom (Rare Truffle)=you need to juggle it in the air as long as you can. Don't let it touch the ground.
White Mushroom=cast correct magic on them
Black Mushroom=just kill normally
Huge Green Mushroom (Pink Agaricus)=cast stop and get as many hits on it as you can. Best method:
cast Aeroga on yourself, lock on to it's HEAD, cast stop on it, use Ragnarok+air combo on it a few times. Try to get correct timing on Ragnarok for maximum laserz.''

Vashetti

Banned
Yay Ultima Weapon <3.

Also defeated Gold Match and Kurt Zisa. Was Kurt always this piss easy? I destroyed the guy in a few minutes no problem and Platinum match is still way more challenging at this point (lvl 70). Still have to do that, Unknown, synth Fantasista+Seven Elements and clear rest of the gummi missions and my 100% run is complete. I'm debating if I wanna start the speedster run right after or start Re:CoM or watch Days :p

I never knew how to get Cheer for Sora before :lol. Looked it up this time. God damn KH1 with its cryptic ass things :lol.

Apparently watching Days first nets you some extra CoM cards.

Carbonox

Holy shit Maleficent-Dragon on Proud is uh....yeah. Took me forever to beat her.

Then came the opponent I was most worried about - Riku.........only for me to dick him with ease on my second attempt. Used Cure like once. :lol

RyzeWiR.gif

Don't give a shit how tough Ansem will be, I'm fucking ecstatic that Riku was shite.

Groof

Managed to play up to Wonderland today, got two clues before I decided to turn it off for the night. So far this port has been great. The jaggies are a bummer, but overall it looks clean enough and just getting to relive the game again is in of itself a pretty great thing. Honestly I'm just glad to be able to play such a colourful game, I had forgotten how vibrant this game is!

Twio

The further I get in the game, the less Donald and Goofy are dying during combat.

Make sure you run back to Traverse Town every now and then to pick up new weapons and accessories and they fare pretty well.

Even when I altered their behaviors, bought them the best weapons and gave them good accessories they just constantly died. If you give them a page worth of potions they will literally burn through it one boss fight.

I tried to actually use them for combat but I'm just going to use them as distractions again. Seems to work more efficiently for me.

Then came the opponent I was most worried about - Riku.........only for me to dick him with ease on my second attempt. Used Cure like once. :lol

SHOW ME YOUR WAYS.

Top Bottom