• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Carbonox

Even when I altered their behaviors, bought them the best weapons and gave them good accessories they just constantly died. If you give them a page worth of potions they will literally burn through it one boss fight.

I tried to actually use them for combat but I'm just going to use them as distractions again. Seems to work more efficiently for me.

Same here - they die all the time. Every now and then when he can, dolan cures me but otherwise it's just me against the world.

That's fine though. I hate it when the other two are fighting an enemy I'm trying to kill and I can't lay a fucking hit on the enemy cos the other two are pushing against him. So I go up to the enemy, hit X but at that point they've moved the damn enemy like a meter away from me so my hit doesn't register.

Annoying shites.

Halloween Town is probably my favorite world, hands down. The music's good, I like the levels and I like the costumes Sora, Goofy and Donald have. That and the world's story isn't just a retelling of the movie.

Seda

Loading up my Beginner file to clean up gummy ship trophies. Gonna go around and gather some of the stuff I missed first (and complete Monstro, first time seeing the slightly altered cutscenes in an actual playthrough)

Loading up my Beginner file to clean up gummy ship trophies. Gonna go around and gather some of the stuff I missed first (and complete Monstro, first time seeing the slightly altered cutscenes in an actual playthrough)
I wonder if the Hades-Maleficent scene after Cerberus is altered if you clear HB first.

Twio

Same here - they die all the time. Every now and then when he can, dolan cures me but otherwise it's just me against the world.

That's fine though. I hate it when the other two are fighting an enemy I'm trying to kill and I can't lay a fucking hit on the enemy cos the other two are pushing against him. So I go up to the enemy, hit X but at that point they've moved the damn enemy like a meter away from me so my hit doesn't register.

Annoying shites.

Yup. I share the same gripe. They're actually useful in KH2 but they've just never served any purpose for me in KH1.

Am I the only one who hates the gummi ship missions extremely annoying but extremely easy to ace?

Carbonox

I stuck with the default ship all the way through my Normal run and all the way through Proud until I got to one of the latter routes. Then I thought fuck this and made my own and now I actually enjoy the ship missions. :lol

I just piled the fucker with the gnarliest gummi's you can get and it shits lasers all over the screen. I now understand why those Japanese kids got seizures during that banned Porygon Pokemon episode years back.

Twio

I stuck with the default ship all the way through my Normal run and all the way through Proud until I got to one of the latter routes. Then I thought fuck this and made my own and now I actually enjoy the ship missions. :lol

I just piled the fucker with the gnarliest gummi's you can get and it shits lasers all over the screen. I now understand why those Japanese kids got seizures during that banned Porygon Pokemon episode years back.

Likely gonna have to bite the bullet and do the same once I do a proud mode playthrough. I've always fucking hated the gummi editor though, it's tedious and breaks up the gameplay imo.

Yeah making your own ship is key to actually enjoying the Gummi Ship sections. The problem is it takes awhile to get all the pieces to turn your ship into the SHMUP monster machine it deserves to be. Plus the editor is a pain in the butt.

I just started playing last night but I'm really liking it so far. The game looks absolutely fantastic, and the new camera controls are a godsend. Pretty excited for all the Final Mix stuff too.

Carbonox

Likely gonna have to bite the bullet and do the same once I do a proud mode playthrough. I've always fucking hated the gummi editor though, it's tedious and breaks up the gameplay imo.

Yeah, the editor is absolutely terrible. I don't understand it properly so was just button mashing half the stuff.

Silvawuff

I'm loving this game quite a bit, but I'm also disliking the terrible platforming. I don't remember it being this bad before.

Sora, why are you not able to jump up on platform in front of you?

McNum

Beat Monstro, got Spellbinder. Interesting Keyblade. It doesn't pack much of a punch in melee, was a little disappointed... and then I shot a Fira at an enemy. Then it all made sense. Hitting enemies is for building up MP, not for damage with that one. Magic is for damage. Or the Final Mix exclusive 1-2-Ripple Drive combo. If it's standing after that, it gets the Fira.

Went through the Pegasus Cup a few times due to forgetting that you need to focus on Yuffie first, not Leon in the finals. Soo, Strike Raid. I remember that being a favorite of mine in the original. "Strike, Raid, Raid, Raid, Finish!" Still good in Final Mix? Or redundant with Spellbinder and Firas that one shot several kinds of Heartless? I seem to remember it had invincibility frames, or something.

Twio

C'mon guys.

KH1 Gummi Editor is simple as fuck. You need cockpit, engine and that's it. Rest you do what ever you want in Lego style.

It's boring as fuck, though. Half the time i have no idea what I'm doing so I just put shit anywhere and my ship ends up looking like an atrocity. It needs to be more streamlined.

Seda

I always take the original design, give it bigger wings, a longer 'nose', replace all pieces with dispels, change the cockpit and engine, and shove all the weapons and other junk underneath.

I'm loving this game quite a bit, but I'm also disliking the terrible platforming. I don't remember it being this bad before.

Sora, why are you not able to jump up on platform in front of you?

It was bad back then too, though it was worse because the camera was worse as well. Once you unlock the jump abilities the platforming is passable and then later on a breeze.

It's boring as fuck, though. Half the time i have no idea what I'm doing so I just put shit anywhere and my ship ends up looking like an atrocity. It needs to be more streamlined.

But it is insanely streamlined :d. You can't get much more simple when making a ship in 3D space. You choose a block you want and put it where you want with free control on the angle of the blocks. What exactly should be streamlined?

The only thing I have in mind that could be clearly improved is the scrolling speed when choosing blocks from a category. The fancy animation is not needed.

I never bothered with the Gummi building. I put another rocket on the Highwind and that did me the whole game. It's really awkward and not very intuitive. Most of the game is sadly poorly designed. Yet it's still a great game somehow. Some... quite a bit of fine tuning would have made it an amazing game however.

Anyways I just finished it. I really don't think I completed the game back on the PS2, I don't remember anything from Hollow Bastion onwards. Got all the dalmations though which makes me happy.

Bring in KH2.5 HD!!

Andrefpvs

I leveled up to 100 using the final seed of Hades Cup, some used the Gold match instead.

(Staying vague for spoiler reasons I guess)

Thanks!

Man, I have come to hate Dark Matters...

Not only are they required for pretty much every late game synthesis, but to make it worse they don't drop, and require Mythril to make (meaning you have to synthesize a lot of those too, farming Mystery Goo, etc.)

My advice, if you have not gotten to Final Rest yet, you will be DOING YOURSELF A HUGE FAVOR if you farm Mythril at that really really long heartless fight in End of the World. You can't do it after you've beaten the room though, unfortunately.

To get Mythril to drop, you need to be at End of the World and use the Bambi summon while getting it to the third gauge. Needless to say, this is impossible if you've already gotten through the swarm of heartless. To farm Mythril, leave the room before you finish and it will start over when you come back.

I'm going to do this, anyone have a rough idea of how many Mythril I should farm?

Groof

I remember having fun building gummi ships as a kid for like 10 seconds, then I just went bananas with it. Which is probably what I'll do this time as well.

You people who thing that the builder sucks are crazys.

It's the gummi flying itself that is the bad half of gummis.

Edit:I didn't need to farm any mythrils to get Ultima Weapon and the 2 items still remaining don't need them so I dunno why farming them is needed.

I guess if you want multiple late game accessories that need it or something? I got all the mythril I need from treasure chests ect.

Twio

But it is insanely streamlined :d. You can't get much more simple when making a ship in 3D space. You choose a block you want and put it where you want with free control on the angle of the blocks. What exactly should be streamlined?

The only thing I have in mind that could be clearly improved is the scrolling speed when choosing blocks from a category. The fancy animation is not needed.

Polish and a better interface. To be clear I have an issue with the builder in KH1, it isn't as bad in KH2.

Maybe I'm just an idiot when it comes to building gummi ships but it's always been a task for me.

Andrefpvs

Edit:I didn't need to farm any mythrils to get Ultima Weapon and the 2 items still remaining don't need them so I dunno why farming them is needed.

I guess if you want multiple late game accessories that need it or something? I got all the mythril I need from treasure chests ect.

I have 12 Mythril at the moment. I'm not really sure if it's enough to synthesize at least one of every item.

Carbonox

Any recommendations for the finale on Proud mode? I'm currently fighting Behemoth but after that, if there is anything I should keep in mind, please share details. So far I've just been yolo-ing it with Second Chance/Leaf Bracer and it's served me well throughout. I'm worried for the latter Ansem fights (not so much the first ones).

Level 43 or so currently.

Vashetti

Banned
Any recommendations for the finale on Proud mode? I'm currently fighting Behemoth but after that, if there is anything I should keep in mind, please share details. So far I've just been yolo-ing it with Second Chance/Leaf Bracer and it's served me well throughout. I'm worried for the latter Ansem fights (not so much the first ones).

Yikes, really?

I'm level 38 and haven't even gone to Neverland yet.

Carbonox

Yikes, really?

I'm level 38 and haven't even gone to Neverland yet.

Haha I know. I've been rushing through it. Handled everything perfectly fine though barring that shitty Monstro boss and Maleficent's Dragon form.

Leaf Bracer/Second Chance combination is a god send.

Ansem is easy until you have to fight him when he's in his 'Final Fantasy Cosplay' mode riding a monster ship. That part is my primary concern. Might just do Hades Cup a few times and boost my levels.

Carbonox

Get your level up to 48. I think that's a pretty good place to be at. You can level up in the first area of TEOTW where there are a shit load of fights.

Sounds good. Any other helpful abilities to keep in mind and/or weapon/armor sets (nothing too strenuous to obtain mind you, I just want this mode done so I can do everything else in Beginner).

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Huge Green Mushroom (Pink Agaricus)=cast stop and get as many hits on it as you can. Best method:
cast Aeroga on yourself, lock on to it's HEAD, cast stop on it, use Ragnarok+air combo on it a few times. Try to get correct timing on Ragnarok for maximum laserz.''

of course, because they mapped the ragnarok command to triangle, every time you use it commands G+D to attack as well, lowering your hit count and making getting the full 100 hits that was possible in the ps2 final mix impossible. :p

if anyone discovers a workaround i'm all ears!

Lunzio

I haven't finished the game yet, but I think it's safe to say that Halloween Town is artistically, the most impressive world (so far)!

I haven't finished the game yet, but I think it's safe to say that Halloween Town is artistically, the most impressive world (so far)!

One of my favorites, though it did seem a bit short. Actually, most of the worlds do, now. They seemed to take a lot longer ten years ago.

I caved and ordered the limited edition on Amazon. It costed 30 bucks with my 10 dollars off from FFXIV. Not too bad. I guess selling all of my old games is doing me some good.

I've been trying for two hours to make a green card spawn in Chain of memories for a door.

Just a green card. Any number. Two fucking hours.

Edit: Yeah, I'm done. Nothing is worth this suffering.

Bukana

Best way to beat
Dragon Maleficent
is to
summon Tinker Bell
as soon as possible and cast Aero then hide behind the roots in the back or trees, and spam her with Gravira. Make sure to equip lots of ethers and elixirs.
Took me two minutes to finish the battle, lol.

MogCakes

Best way to beat
Dragon Maleficent
is to
summon Tinker Bell
as soon as possible and cast Aero then hide behind the roots in the back or trees, and spam her with Gravira. Make sure to equip lots of ethers and elixirs.
Took me two minutes to finish the battle, lol.

Huh, are summons that powerful? Funny enough I never like using them because Donald and Goofy disappear, though now in FM those two are far less useful.

I think it should be fine. I'm only up to Agrabah on Proud. Everything would be okay but is frustrating because of the blind hits. Second Chance and Leaf Bracer would ease that frustration big time.

Psxphile

I've been trying for two hours to make a green card spawn in Chain of memories for a door.

Just a green card. Any number. Two fucking hours.

Edit: Yeah, I'm done. Nothing is worth this suffering.

Uh oh. This is the bane of every gamer's first time with (Re:)CoM: lacking cards for the doors you need to open. Because they spawn randomly after every battle, you have little control over what door cards you'll get (unless you're fortunate enough to get a roulette). So you need to learn to conserve your cards so you'll always have one of everything. Only ever use cards of whatever type and number when you have multiples: if you only have one (Blue) Treasure Room card #7... DON'T USE IT! You'll never know when you'll come to a door that you need to open to progress that will require, among others, a Blue 7 card and only a Blue 7.

As for the regular doors, their number requirements rise by one of whatever card number you used to create the room: use a #3 card and all room exits will require 4 or higher. Use a 9 and the exits will require a 0 card and only a 0 card. PROTIP: resist the urge to use a 9 card unless you happen to have a 0 card handy. Fortunately, on any other door you can use the 0 cards to "reset" the number requirements back to 1. So save 'em up.

So to clarify: only use multiples of whatever number cards you have. If you only have one of every number card, use the lowest number you're allowed to. If you follow my advice from the start, you'll likely never need to farm door cards ever in your entire play-through.

As for your immediate problem: Are you far enough in the game to have Roulette Room cards? Enemies in a Roulette Room will always spawn the Roulette card during battle: get it and you'll have a chance at the roulette wheel where you can try to stop the wheel on a specific card. Sometime the wheel will turn slowly, giving you a better chance to claim the card you need.

Today i got the limited edition,wow it looks gorgeous
I love the final mix extra skills and abilities

So far i got this epic-area damaging-stun skill
sOnQWcu.gif

Carbonox

Heh, barring the first Ansem fight where I died cos of stupidity, I dicked all of his various forms and shit first time on Proud. Chuffed with that. Seriously, without Second Chance and Leaf Bracer, I'm not sure what I would have done. Divine Rose + Critical hit ability helped my offensive so much.

So, do you get the Deep Dive secret movie by beating Proud mode or does the 100% completion still apply?

Edit: Scratch that, you just need to beat Proud mode. Dammit, now I want my KH2.5 ASAP.

Rhiwion

Banned
Heh, barring the first Ansem fight where I died cos of stupidity, I dicked all of his various forms and shit first time on Proud. Chuffed with that. Seriously, without Second Chance and Leaf Bracer, I'm not sure what I would have done. Divine Rose + Critical hit ability helped my offensive so much.

So, do you get the Deep Dive secret movie by beating Proud mode or does the 100% completion still apply?

Edit: Scratch that, you just need to beat Proud mode. Dammit, now I want my KH2.5 ASAP.

Seriously? I only got the the normal Another Side, Another Story version by beating Proud mode. :/

Proud Mode
Beat the game Sealing every Keyhole and completing Jiminy's Journal

Says the KH Wiki. Welp, I still need to lock Atlantica.

Top Bottom