• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Carbonox

Christ on a moped, 358/2 Days is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring.

Seriously? I only got the the normal Another Side, Another Story version by beating Proud mode. :/

Says the KH Wiki. Welp, I still need to lock Atlantica.

Oh my bad, I thought the Another Side, Another Story video was the Deep Dive thingy. :lol

In that case yeah I only unlocked that video. Ah well.

I've been trying for two hours to make a green card spawn in Chain of memories for a door.

Just a green card. Any number. Two fucking hours.

Edit: Yeah, I'm done. Nothing is worth this suffering.
I don't remember which is the green one, but every world has affinity with a specific color. If you want blue cards, for example, go to Atlantica.

McNum

Huh, are summons that powerful? Funny enough I never like using them because Donald and Goofy disappear, though now in FM those two are far less useful.
Tinkerbell is powerful because she breaks the rules of summoning.

First of all, she doesn't replace Donald and Goofy.
Second of all, she doesn't expire until the end of the battle, unless she has to use her ultimate skill: Auto-Life.

If Sora's HP hits 0 and Tinkerbell has been summoned, she'll vanish and Sora will be revived with full HP. Also, she casts a weaker version of Cure automatically every second or so while she's out. Baically, you don't as much summon Tinkerbell as you cast Regen and Auto-Life on Sora. Now if you have Second Chance equipped... Sora becomes pretty hard to kill. And even if the enemies manage to, they'll have to kill him twice before you get a Game Over.

At least that's how she worked in the original. Is she still this powerful in Final Mix? It seems like such an obvious thing to nerf, especially considering she was nerfed in Kingdom Hearts 2.

Carbonox

Tinkerbell is powerful because she breaks the rules of summoning.

First of all, she doesn't replace Donald and Goofy.
Second of all, she doesn't expire until the end of the battle, unless she has to use her ultimate skill: Auto-Life.

If Sora's HP hits 0 and Tinkerbell has been summoned, she'll vanish and Sora will be revived with full HP. Also, she casts a weaker version of Cure automatically every second or so while she's out. Baically, you don't as much summon Tinkerbell as you cast Regen and Auto-Life on Sora. Now if you have Second Chance equipped... Sora becomes pretty hard to kill. And even if the enemies manage to, they'll have to kill him twice before you get a Game Over.

At least that's how she worked in the original. Is she still this powerful in Final Mix? It seems like such an obvious thing to nerf, especially considering she was nerfed in Kingdom Hearts 2.

Wow. I never used her once in Proud mode though. :lol Probably would have made some fights easier.

CryptiK

Can anything be missed in this version? I know they fixed that Halloween town trinity mark but for Trophies sake if I were to rush to the end and go back and then complete worlds I wouldnt miss anything right?

Carbonox

Hope TGS brings a 2.5 announcement

Seems like the perfect time given 1.5HD is now out worldwide and FFX/X-2 HD is gearing up for release sooner rather than later.

Didn't Nomura pretty much all but confirm it? Ideally it would be the Final Mix versions of KH2 and Birth by Sleep (which I imagine it will be) and - fingers crossed - Dream Drop Distance. Doubt it on the latter though.

Neolith

Seems like the perfect time given 1.5HD is now out worldwide and FFX/X-2 HD is gearing up for release sooner rather than later.

Didn't Nomura pretty much all but confirm it? Ideally it would be the Final Mix versions of KH2 and Birth by Sleep (which I imagine it will be) and - fingers crossed - Dream Drop Distance. Doubt it on the latter though.

Honestly kh2fm and BBS in hd would be plenty for me

Banzai

They ain't gonna bother making Coded playable :lol.

but the cutscenes in it arent exactly worth the trouble of making it into a movie either, are they?
(i wouldnt know, re:coded is the only KH ive never finished)

question is, if they do decide not to include 3D in 2.5, will it be rereleased/remastered at all? the point of the collections was to get everyone caught up story-wise for KH3 if i'm not mistaking.
and without 3D...well, how's anyone gonna understand KH3's story?

CryptiK

but the cutscenes in it arent exactly worth the trouble of making it into a movie either, are they?
(i wouldnt know, re:coded is the only KH ive never finished)

question is, if they do decide not to include 3D in 2.5, will it be rereleased/remastered at all? the point of the collections was to get everyone caught up story-wise for KH3 if i'm not mistaking.
and without 3D...well, how's anyone gonna understand KH3's story?
Well 3D has only recently been released. if 2.5 comes with 4 games that would be amazing.

sensui-tomo

Well 3D has only recently been released. if 2.5 comes with 4 games that would be amazing.

how long did it take capcom to do the HD ports of revelations? and how long has Dream drop distance been out, i think Square might want some money but again its Square so they dont exactly thing the best possible way.(again i doubt DDD unless the price goes up to $60 for all those games which i'd be fine with considering how much content they added to 2 FM and the ability to play BBS on the tv) (also going to assume that they'll take out that multiplayer function in BBS in the colosseum thing)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

From what I heard that we are more likely to get Final Mix of BBS and KH2 and Coded/Re:Coded Movie but don't take my words for it.

I wouldn't mind them releasing DDD in HD only and if it's the full game playable in Stereoscopic 3D on a compatible tv. Because I don't want to miss out on that.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix
Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix
Kingdom Hearts: Prelude to the End movie made up of select cutscenes from Re:Coded and Dream Drop Distance

Re:Coded has bugger all actual story in it and most of the important stuff from 3D is front/back loaded so you could condense the two in to one film instead of giving them the 358/2 Days treatment.

Carbonox

ice cream this
ice cream that
ice cream all over my face
suck on my salty ice cream cones

oh look some legitimate story nuggets

but wait

ice cream time again

358/2 Days is probably decent to play (I have a DS so might need to get it) but this movie idea was definitely a wrong-un. So so so so so dull.

From what I heard that we are more likely to get Final Mix of BBS and KH2 and Coded/Re:Coded Movie but don't take my words for it.

I'd be fine with that. Just getting KH2FM and being able to play BBS for the first time will be amazing.

Tsunamo

I wouldn't mind them releasing DDD in HD only and if it's the full game playable in Stereoscopic 3D on a compatible tv. Because I don't want to miss out on that.
The problem with releasing DDD in HD is a bunch of the game integrates the bottom/second screen of the 3DS into the gameplay so it would require a Re:))make of sorts for it to have a HD release unless it was on Wii U or they used the Vita as a second screen, both of those are very unlikely though.

But yeah, Stereoscopic 3D for DDD in 1080p would be amazing.
how long did it take capcom to do the HD ports of revelations? and how long has Dream drop distance been out, i think Square might want some money but again its Square so they dont exactly thing the best possible way.(again i doubt DDD unless the price goes up to $60 for all those games which i'd be fine with considering how much content they added to 2 FM and the ability to play BBS on the tv) (also going to assume that they'll take out that multiplayer function in BBS in the colosseum thing)
I'm not sure how long it took Capcom to develop Revelations HD, but the HD remake released about 14 months after the original release.

And I really hope they don't take the multiplayer option out of Birth By Sleeps arena. Sure there's no easy way to do local co-op, but there's a golden opportunity for Online Mirage Arena multiplayer. Of course this is Square-Enix so the former would be the more likely option :/

Banzai

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix
Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix
Kingdom Hearts: Prelude to the End movie made up of select cutscenes from Re:Coded and Dream Drop Distance

That seems like the best way to do it.
3D is basically a mainline title though, they really should put the full game in there. They won't, I know.

Joqu

3D did a decent job at recapping the previous games. Its absence in 2.5 wouldn't be that much of an issue if kh3 does the same thing.

Ideally (well, except for making 3D playable in 2.5 too but that sounds more like wishful thinking) they'll do the cutscenes thing for coded + 3D. They would fit together perfectly.

And hey, they actually might remaster kh2fm + 3D with BBS cutscenes instead >>

CryptiK

358/2 Days is probably decent to play (I have a DS so might need to get it) but this movie idea was definitely a wrong-un. So so so so so dull.
amazing.
Im glad they did this the game was terrible. I can understand why it wasnt being remade due it mostly being sprites etc.

3D did a decent job at recapping the previous games. Its absence in 2.5 wouldn't be that much of an issue if kh3 does the same thing.

Ideally (well, except for making 3D playable in 2.5 too but that sounds more like wishful thinking) they'll do the cutscenes thing for coded + 3D. They would fit together perfectly.

And hey, they actually might remaster kh2fm + 3D with BBS cutscenes instead >>

BBS and 3D IMO wont be just cutscenes. AS I stated above 358/2 Days was hard to remake as it had to be done ground up essentially with the models etc. Both BBS and 3D wont need it.

Carbonox

Now that I did Normal and Proud, I can start the Beginner save which is where all the remaining collectathon business can be done. Need to beat it first under 15 hours, without changing equipment and without using a continue though.

Aside from that, what is the recommended weapon/level setup for this? I'd imagine Dusk levelling and then whatever weapon setup I choose as this bit won't matter now? Then again, it's in this save where I'll be doing EVERYTHING so for the side bosses and stuff, I'd need Second Chance, Leaf Bracer etc. for them and want to pick a weapon setup that doesn't leave those too late (even though I will try to get to level 100).

What're the chances of them actually including DDD in 2.5 though?

Well, seeing as how BBS is the one that is the more difficult to obtain and play of the two, it doesn't bode well for DDD. I would, however, rather have DDD since I've already played BBS. If they charged a higher MSRP for 2.5 and it included DDD instead, I would totally be ok with that.

Joqu

BBS and 3D IMO wont be just cutscenes. AS I stated above 358/2 Days was hard to remake as it had to be done ground up essentially with the models etc. Both BBS and 3D wont need it.

But would they pack three games together for 2.5? That would be some insane value coming from Square-Enix.
And leaving out 3D would leave people pretty confused to say the least.

Sony has tools available for porting PSP games no? I suppose the chance of a 3D remaster depend on how effective those are.

edit: And yes, I guess a separate release could work too.

Talax

Why doesn't the reaction button appear for the red trinity in Halloween Town? I'm standing right in front of the damn thing.......
Any help on this?

Atruvius

Why doesn't the reaction button appear for the red trinity in Halloween Town? I'm standing right in front of the damn thing.......
Any help on this?

You have to get a chimaera to spawn and it'll work after you kill it.

Just enter, kill a few enemies and if the chimaera hasn't spawned then just exit the area and do that again.

The problem with releasing DDD in HD is a bunch of the game integrates the bottom/second screen of the 3DS into the gameplay so it would require a Re:))make of sorts for it to have a HD release unless it was on Wii U or they used the Vita as a second screen, both of those are very unlikely though.

Well if they release it for PS4 they can use the touchpad. But yeah I don't know what they would do for PS3.

Maybe make it exclusive to a PS4 version or something

Uh oh. This is the bane of every gamer's first time with (Re:)CoM: lacking cards for the doors you need to open. Because they spawn randomly after every battle, you have little control over what door cards you'll get (unless you're fortunate enough to get a roulette). So you need to learn to conserve your cards so you'll always have one of everything. Only ever use cards of whatever type and number when you have multiples: if you only have one (Blue) Treasure Room card #7... DON'T USE IT! You'll never know when you'll come to a door that you need to open to progress that will require, among others, a Blue 7 card and only a Blue 7.

As for the regular doors, their number requirements rise by one of whatever card number you used to create the room: use a #3 card and all room exits will require 4 or higher. Use a 9 and the exits will require a 0 card and only a 0 card. PROTIP: resist the urge to use a 9 card unless you happen to have a 0 card handy. Fortunately, on any other door you can use the 0 cards to "reset" the number requirements back to 1. So save 'em up.

So to clarify: only use multiples of whatever number cards you have. If you only have one of every number card, use the lowest number you're allowed to. If you follow my advice from the start, you'll likely never need to farm door cards ever in your entire play-through.

As for your immediate problem: Are you far enough in the game to have Roulette Room cards? Enemies in a Roulette Room will always spawn the Roulette card during battle: get it and you'll have a chance at the roulette wheel where you can try to stop the wheel on a specific card. Sometime the wheel will turn slowly, giving you a better chance to claim the card you need.

Thanks. I don't have a roulette card at the moment but that's good to know.

I don't remember which is the green one, but every world has affinity with a specific color. If you want blue cards, for example, go to Atlantica.

Okay, but won't I lose all of my progess in Castle Oblivion (Floor 13) if I go to a different floor? I used a whooollle bunch of cards on the red/30 blue/40 green/20 (which I only have 1 point left to put into).

Okay, but won't I lose all of my progess in Castle Oblivion (Floor 13) if I go to a different floor? I used a whooollle bunch of cards on the red/30 blue/40 green/20 (which I only have 1 point left to put into).
Oh. You will. That's a problem.
Also, I hope you have many high numbered cards (or the joker) for the 99 door.

Oh. You will. That's a problem.
Also, I hope you have many high numbered cards (or the joker) for the 99 door.

urrrghhhhhhhhh

Yeah I think I'm not going to bother. I beat this on PS2 before and just...no.

Apparently green cards don't spawn in Castle Oblivion at ALL? That's what Gamefaqs said. SQUARE WHY DESIGN THIS THIS WAY WHY?

Carbonox

Currently doing my speed run (without changing equipment and without using a continue). Just to confirm, I can still set abilities - it's just the keyblade and the accessories that I cannot touch?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Currently doing my speed run (without changing equipment and without using a continue). Just to confirm, I can still set abilities - it's just the keyblade and the accessories that I cannot touch?
From what I'm seeing, yes. Abilities are fine. You can't equip any accessories or change the weapon of Sora, Donald, and Goofy. Beginner is also helpful since you already have 2 accessories that allow you to level up faster & take less damage, though the trophy will still count if you never switch/remove them.

Carbonox

From what I'm seeing, yes. Abilities are fine. You can't equip any accessories or change the weapon of Sora, Donald, and Goofy. Beginner is also helpful since you already have 2 accessories that allow you to level up faster & take less damage, though the trophy will still count if you never switch/remove them.

Awesome thanks. Yeah I'm doing it on Beginner (where I will be doing everything now).

Lunzio

Any strategies for
Riku/Ansem in Hollow Bastion?
I can work him down to half his green bar but I haven't quite figured out how to get clean hits on him after that.

Seda

Any strategies for
I can work him down to half his green bar but I haven't quite figured out how to get clean hits on him after that.

You can guard his Strike Raid-like attack back at him for damage.

Carbonox

Any strategies for

I literally go HAM on him when he permanently remains in the glowing hand phase. Keep hitting him, let him hurt you, Cura every few hits (providing you have Second Chance/Leaf Bracer) and just keep wailing on him. Worked a treat for me. Use Glide to go around the arena if you feel he's getting too unbearable and using the supersonic arena dash move but wailing on him was the only method I used and it worked second time round on Proud.

You ain't gonna get him free and open when he stays in his glowing hand phase so you're going to have to get up close and personal and take some shiners for your trouble. He does recoil from hits every so often so you should be fine.

McNum

Do any of the combat skills work in Atlantica? I haven't found any that do other than the passive skills. Not that shooting Fira blasts at anything that moves underwater isn't funny, but it seems wasteful to have the combo finishers and Strike Raid equipped for that world.

Also, I seem to remeber there being a trick to defeating Ursula's first fight, but I can't remember what it is. And I'm not looking forward to the second one either...

Strike Raid seems as powerful as ever. Does it key off Magic or Strength for damage?

Andrefpvs

More than 10 years later, the random giant Heartless symbol in the middle of Hollow Bastion's World Terminus still gives me the creeps.

There's something evil about it, I swear :O

Groof

Press Triangle when it says Jump On. Press X when Jump Next lights up. Don't try to jump onto or off any vines manually. Just let the autopilot handle it.
I know that but I keep failing cause I'm a numbnuts

Edit: actually, half the prompts aren't even showing up for me

Top Bottom