• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Carbonox

Playing through this multiple times and not getting bored is why I regarded this as one of my utter faves on PS2. Such a pleasure even just walking around Destiny Islands. The charm of this game is off the roof and always puts a smile on my face.

Well, at least the Ursula battle in CoM is better than it was in KH1.

Some of the sleights in CoM are really cool. Casting an AoE stop and then rushing in and slashing the enemy a few times is awesome.

Yes, just finished my second playthrough (this time on Beginner instead of Proud), got Undefeated, Speester, and Unchanging Armor. That combined with my last 100% Proud Mode file has shot my trophy percentage up to 91%. Normally I'm not obsessed with trophies, but KH Final Mix is in my top three favorite games of all time and I simply love it too much to not Platinum it.

All I need to do now is get those stupid Gummi ship related trophies and beat the game one more time on Normal

Bukana

Any tips for
Dragon Maleficent
on Proud?

Best way to beat
Dragon Maleficent
is to
summon Tinker Bell
as soon as possible and cast Aero then hide behind the roots in the back or trees, and spam her with Gravira. Make sure to equip lots of ethers and elixirs.
Took me two minutes to finish the battle, lol.

Yay defeated Sephiroth, got all items synthesized, got the all staffs and keyblades trophies, got all gummi related trophies. Now all that remains for my Proud run to be complete is to get to lvl 100 (89 now), defeat the Unknown and clear Hades cup time trial.

Few of the gummi missions were quite tricky but that just made them more fun.

Yay defeated Sephiroth, got all items synthesized, got the all staffs and keyblades trophies, got all gummi related trophies. Now all that remains for my Proud run to be complete is to get to lvl 100 (89 now), defeat the Unknown and clear Hades cup time trial.

Few of the gummi missions were quite tricky but that just made them more fun.

Is Sephiroth still tough on Proud when you're at that high a level? Just wondering if grinding actually makes him easier or if he's just hard no matter what level you're at. From my memories of the original, I feel like he's just hard no matter what...

Man, I haven't gotten much of a chance to play this at all. Still in Agrabah at like, level 21 or something. Stupid work :V

Going to try to at least knock out KH1FM this weekend, though.

brandnew

I know that but I keep failing cause I'm a numbnuts

Edit: actually, half the prompts aren't even showing up for me

Same thing was happening to me. You're probably going "backwards." It's hard to explain, but if you climb up the pole at the end of Hippo Lagoon (after you jump on two hippos in a row) you are not going the "correct" way on the vines. If you climb up the tree that is near the front of the Hippo Lagoon area, you'll be on the opposite side of the vine section and the prompts should all show up from there. Sorry if that doesn't make any sense, but Deep Jungle is one of the worlds with horrendous level design and the game doesn't make it clear that you're going the "wrong" way on the vines. I spent about 2 hours trying to swing on the vines the way you seem to be doing.

McNum

So Goofy has a healing move in Final Mix? Infinite Mega-Potions? Sweet. That helped a bit in the second Ursula fight. Which pretty much turned into Sora drawing her fire while Ariel and Goofy beat her up. That worked well. She has a relentless offense, it's hard to find a good opening to hit her.

Actually, speaking of hitting bosses... I like the Spellbinder Keyblade for crowds of Heartless, but its performance against bosses is rather lackluster. It barely scratches them, and it's not like magic does a lot of damage to them either. At least not before completely draining all my MP. I know TeamStaff is great with magic, but Sora is feeling a little out of balance here.

So what do I do? Is there a spell that's awesome against bosses or should I keep another Keyblade on hand for boss fights? Preferably one that can do at least a bit of melee damage. And Lady Luck isn't until I get White Trinity, which I can't actually remember when you get. I'm thinking of going to run with Oathkeeper for a while when I get that. Because I like Oathkeeper. But that's a good 3-4 words into the future still.

Groof

Same thing was happening to me. You're probably going "backwards." It's hard to explain, but if you climb up the pole at the end of Hippo Lagoon (after you jump on two hippos in a row) you are not going the "correct" way on the vines. If you climb up the tree that is near the front of the Hippo Lagoon area, you'll be on the opposite side of the vine section and the prompts should all show up from there. Sorry if that doesn't make any sense, but Deep Jungle is one of the worlds with horrendous level design and the game doesn't make it clear that you're going the "wrong" way on the vines. I spent about 2 hours trying to swing on the vines the way you seem to be doing.
Yeah this was exactly it. I figured it out shortly after I made that post and it reminded me that I went through the exact same shitty ordeal as a kid. Now I remember why I disliked Deep Jungle so much

Carbonox

Ahh, Tidus. Loved spamming his 2 Tech points to grind levels. I wonder, how high should I go?

Last time I went up to level 20. Goes so quickly. You get 4 Tech Points once you get the Tech Boost ability around 13/14. That just realllllllly makes it quick to grind there. :lol

Christopher

Yes, just finished my second playthrough (this time on Beginner instead of Proud), got Undefeated, Speester, and Unchanging Armor. That combined with my last 100% Proud Mode file has shot my trophy percentage up to 91%. Normally I'm not obsessed with trophies, but KH Final Mix is in my top three favorite games of all time and I simply love it too much to not Platinum it.

All I need to do now is get those stupid Gummi ship related trophies and beat the game one more time on Normal

Is it that easy on beginner to get those trophy's?

Is it just me or are there way more items and munny being dropped from enemies compared to non FM KH? I can't say that I mind though if true.

Is it that easy on beginner to get those trophy's?

Eh, its annoying because you do almost no damage during the second visit to Hollow Bastion and End of the World, but its not really difficult. Despite using the Kingdom Key the entire time, I died once, and it was at End of the World during one of the random fights with the Gales before the Great Crevace. The time was absolutely no problem AT ALL. I finished it in less than 8 hours lol. Of course, I completely skipped Atlantica haha. Didn't visit it once.

I more or less know FM like the back of my hand though, because I've been playing it for four years so keep that in mind.

Holmes

Yeah. Playing through Atlantica is suffering on Proud. Couldn't find the dolphin for like 15 minutes because I didn't ride it outside of Ariel's grotto. Then the stupid shark at the ship was relentless as hell. Then Ursula's stupid cauldron battle was just annoying without picking the Staff.

Christopher

Eh, its annoying because you do almost no damage during the second visit to Hollow Bastion and End of the World, but its not really difficult. Despite using the Kingdom Key the entire time, I died once, and it was at End of the World during one of the random fights with the Gales before the Great Crevace. The time was absolutely no problem AT ALL. I finished it in less than 8 hours lol. Of course, I completely skipped Atlantica haha. Didn't visit it once.

I more or less know FM like the back of my hand though, because I've been playing it for four years so keep that in mind.

You don't have to go to atlantica?

Christopher

Last question I have if you Start on proud mode what should I take and leave samE question on easy mode too If I'm goInf for trophys On easy

Toki767

What level should I be for the last world? I'm like 49 right now. I feel underlevelled. At the same time, I don't know that I have the patience to grind.

Voror

Well, between work I managed to get past Monstro and have been spending time in the Coliseum doing the Pegasus Cup. Figure I'll work up some levels up to 40. Yuffie really is a boon for tech exp, especially with the tech boosts equipped.

So where's a good place to level up? I'm at level 69 and just been whacking and freezing my way past Heartless to obtain rare synthesis materials. Would like to reach level 100 before battling Ansem for the first time. I've done the Ice Titan battle twice now for those techs, which netted me some good exp but I don't want to keep doing it all the time.

Also, which Mushroom is best for the Mystery Goo? I've tried the White Mushroom in Wonderland, but have been getting Shards.

Seda

So where's a good place to level up? I'm at level 69 and just been whacking and freezing my way past Heartless to obtain rare synthesis materials. Would like to reach level 100 before battling Ansem for the first time. I've done the Ice Titan battle twice now for those techs, which netted me some good exp but I don't want to keep doing it all the time.

Also, which Mushroom is best for the Mystery Goo? I've tried the White Mushroom in Wonderland, but have been getting Shards.

I basically used the Hades cup to level up. After completing time trialI redid the final seed several times for exp.

I used Rare Truffles on Hook's ship for Mystery Goo.

Voror

I basically used the Hades cup to level up. After completing time time I redid the final seed several times for exp.

I used Rare Truffles on Hook's ship for Mystery Goo.

Wait, you can repeat a seed of your choice after completing the time trial?

Top Bottom