• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Christopher

Last question I have if you Start on proud mode what should I take and leave samE question on easy mode too If I'm goInf for trophys On easy

I don't think I phrased this correctly plus I was on my phone.

If I want to collect the trophys for Same Equipment, Don't Use Continues: for Easy mode which item should I keep / delete:

Sword
Shield
Wand

Same question for the Proud Mode which choice makes the game easier on Proud...I'm fearing it based on your posts :[

I just ninja bought it, went in with my 8 year old, bought him Crysis 2 and Arkham City on 360 (on offer $12 each), put KH 1.5 on PS3 at the bottom of the pile. Loudly said "Are these the games you want son?", "erm yeah" was the reply...... I think I got away with it.

Shouldn't be embarrassed but I was 32 when the original came out.... They'll think I'm some odd Disney pervert.

I don't think I phrased this correctly plus I was on my phone.

If I want to collect the trophys for Same Equipment, Don't Use Continues: for Easy mode which item should I keep / delete:

Sword
Shield
Wand

Same question for the Proud Mode which choice makes the game easier on Proud...I'm fearing it based on your posts :[
Easy mode: Shield
Hard mode: Sword
Awesome mode: Staff

If you want to cruise, the defensive abilities of the shield will help you. The sword sucks, plain and simple, so it makes the game harder (and is ideal for thrillseekers). And finally, the Staff gives you many amazing abilities but you'll rely on your skills to make use of them.

Vashetti

Banned
Realistically, what level am I going to have to be to defeat all the optional bosses (e.g.
Sephiroth, Kurt
, etc.) on Proud?

I took the Shield and gave up the Sword.

Realistically, what level am I going to have to be to defeat all the optional bosses (e.g.
Sephiroth, Kurt
, etc.) on Proud?

I took the Shield and gave up the Sword.

Well you certainly can do
Phantom+Kurt+Ice Titan
at 70+ and
Sephiroth, Unknown
80+. Of course it depends on the player too. Some people take the bosses on at 60 ect.

I didn't do the rest of the stuff on my proud mode save yet but I decided to do some testing on the beginner speed run with no equip change. I got lil further than I was planning, lol. I'm at Halloween Town now with 2.5h on clock so the 15 hours sure enough is piss easy to get.

Vashetti

Banned
Well you certainly can do
Phantom+Kurt+Ice Titan
at 70+ and
Sephiroth, Unknown
80+. Of course it depends on the player too. Some people take the bosses on at 60 ect.

I didn't do the rest of the stuff on my proud mode save yet but I decided to do some testing on the beginner speed run with no equip change. I got lil further than I was planning, lol. I'm at Halloween Town now with 2.5h on clock so the 15 hours sure enough is piss easy to get.

Thanks, I'm looking to make Proud my 100% playthrough.

And wow well done on getting so far with so little time, lol

What level are you? Are you struggling at all?

Is it it true that that the difficulty trophies don't stack? In other words, once I beat Proud mode I won't get the trophies for Standard and Beginner difficulty?

Thanks, I'm looking to make Proud my 100% playthrough.

And wow well done on getting so far with so little time, lol

What level are you? Are you struggling at all?

No. It is way, way easier than proud. You don't take any damage at all really thanks to the defense ups and stuff you get from the beginning. I think I'm level 23 or something. You also have the Exp+ item equipped right from the start in beginner so that helps.

Like, you ain't in any hurry on the speed trophy if you skip sidequests (and Atlantica ;) ). I skipped Coliseum for now tho.

Is it it true that that the difficulty trophies don't stack? In other words, once I beat Proud mode I won't get the trophies for Standard and Beginner difficulty?
It is true.

Neolith

I asked this before but it got lost in the hype, is there a guide out there that explains the mechanisms of how all the mushrooms work. I only remember the little white guys you cast specific magic on.

I asked this before but it got lost in the hype, is there a guide out there that explains the mechanisms of how all the mushrooms work. I only remember the little white guys you cast specific magic on.

Blue Mushroom (Rare Truffle)=you need to juggle it in the air as long as you can. Don't let it touch the ground.
White Mushroom=cast correct magic on them
Black Mushroom=just kill normally
Huge Green Mushroom (Pink Agaricus)=cast stop and get as many hits on it as you can. Best method:
cast Aeroga on yourself, lock on to it's HEAD, cast stop on it, use Ragnarok+air combo on it a few times. Try to get correct timing on Ragnarok for maximum laserz.''

For Rare Truffles you can also use Aerora/Aeroga spell to help with it. People mainly use that in neverland. You don't want to juggle them by doing huge jumps, rather short hops.

Carbonox

Beginner mode
6:30 hours in
Level 52
End of the World

SIX HOURS?! Crazy how quick you can burn through the game. Just need to beat Ansem's final form and then I'll have the no equipment/speed run/no continues trophies done.

Then begins the level/item grinding wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Twio

Sort of irrelevant, but holy fuck the disc is hard to take out of the LE package. I almost cracked the disc taking it out.

And yes, I used the push button.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sort of irrelevant, but holy fuck the disc is hard to take out of the LE package. I almost cracked the disc taking it out.

And yes, I used the push button.

Weird, I didn't have to press it that hard o_o

Does it make sense from a planning point of view for me to go back and collect every Trinity and treasure chest, do a ton of synthesis grinding, etc. before fighting Riku II at Hollow Bastion (which rejiggers enemy encounters and raises enemy stats throughout all of the worlds)?

Does it make sense from a planning point of view for me to go back and collect every Trinity and treasure chest, do a ton of synthesis grinding, etc. before fighting Riku II at Hollow Bastion (which rejiggers enemy encounters and raises enemy stats throughout all of the worlds)?

I don't think getting them after is any trouble at all. There is this small window when the enemies are clearly more powerful but I think you catch up very fast to them if you just go to TEOTW final rest and clear Hades Cup after for example.

Some of the shard items that become harder to farm from heartless are piss easy to get from Bambi.

I don't think getting them after is any trouble at all.
If I recall correctly, after the Riku II fight there are certain enemies that ONLY appear in those columns of light in the End of the World that flash you back to assorted Disney locations, and one of them is pretty essential for grinding out stat-up materials.

I know I'm at least going to do the Bambi mythril-grinding trick at the pre-Final Rest area. I want to max out Sora's stats (and make sure Donald and Goofy have plenty of AP to play with) and that's gonna be a bitch.

If I recall correctly, after the Riku II fight there are certain enemies that ONLY appear in those columns of light in the End of the World that flash you back to assorted Disney locations, and one of them is pretty essential for grinding out stat-up materials.

If you plan to make multiple stat up items then the problem would be farming mythril. And the only way to get that in Final Mix is apparently from Bambi in EOTW final heartless spawn BEFORE you enter final rest. So you'd need to beat Riku anyway. Just don't go for that final save point.

I didn't (and won't) bother since I'm not that big of perfectionist plus lvl 100 Sora is monster enough :lol.

All other items are just as easy to farm after Riku. Actually the Defender/Darkball/Wizard stuff becomes easier due to them spawning everywhere.

Edit: all enemies are certainly accessible outside TEOTW with of course the exeption being heartless exclusive to that place.

If you plan to make multiple stat up items then the problem would be farming mythril. And the only way to get that in Final Mix is apparently from Bambi in EOTW final heartless spawn BEFORE you enter final rest. So you'd need to beat Riku anyway. Just don't go for that final save point.

I didn't (and won't) bother since I'm not that big of perfectionist plus lvl 100 Sora is monster enough :lol.

All other items are just as easy to farm after Riku. Actually the Defender/Darkball/Wizard stuff becomes easier due to them spawning everywhere.
At least Defense Ups don't require Mythril, but AP Ups do (and Power Ups, by virtue of requiring Dark Matter, do as well).

Blugh.

I'm more concerned with AP than with the other stats, though. I'd like to get all of Sora/Donald/Goofy's abilities equipped simultaneously, if I can.

And yes, I know it's advantageous to leave only Evolution and MP Gift as Goofy's sole MP-consuming abilities, and that Sora won't need Tech Up after Donald hits Level 100. I DON'T CARE.

And yes, I know it's advantageous to leave only Evolution and MP Gift as Goofy's sole MP-consuming abilities, and that Sora won't need Tech Up after Donald hits Level 100. I DON'T CARE.
You need to be very high level for myhril farming to become feasible so just remember that. Also don't forget to get cheer for Sora.

Magnus

People are clearing the game under 9 hours? Jesus. I haven't been through FM/HD yet with this release, but when I played it back in 2002, I'm positive I took over 25 hours. Lol

Carbonox

People are clearing the game under 9 hours? Jesus. I haven't been through FM/HD yet with this release, but when I played it back in 2002, I'm positive I took over 25 hours. Lol

There's a speedrun trophy (well, under 15 hours that is) which if done on Beginner can easily be done in 6+ hours. Some worlds you don't have to do and you level up decently enough just by beating the bosses and only the compulsory regular enemy fights.

My first run on Normal took me 29 hours, second on Proud took 20.

You need to be very high level for myhril farming to become feasible so just remember that. Also don't forget to get cheer for Sora.
Oh I know. The pre-Riku II stuff is more about retrieving treasure chests and Trinities, and as far as synthesis is concerned it's about going for the assorted Stone items now (and synthesizing the Exp Chain and Moogle Badge; probably the first 18+ items on the list, in fact, just to get them out of the way).

Jeels

Riku in Hollow Bastion: There can't be two keyblade masters...

oh-you-93067263235.jpeg

So funny in retrospective...lol

Don't forget that the heartless in the Coliseum get stronger too, but the timers don't change.
If you plan on doing the time trials for the lesser cups, the time is now.

lol OHKOing Darkballs is hilarious! #TeamSword.

On that note I love how some of the best attacking abilities are very late game. Makes leveling up worth it.

BTW guys I got the sickest Gummi Ship that I need to share.

Will update my status after I beat Kurt Zisa and Phantom.

Vashetti

Banned
What's the best Gummi ship to complete all the missions?

I made my own with loads of guns and protection, but it still feels like I'm doing badly.

You get most of the best attacking abilities super early if you're on #teamstaff.

Well what happens when you are out of MP? My keyblade doesn't run on MP. ;b #TeamSword

You don't get lots of the support abilities nor the really good attack abilities till late into Staff anyways not to mention the good Magic spells comes way late to the party. #TeamSword where everything is here for you.

Psxphile

Final Mix: Beginner = Sword
Final Mix = Staff
Final Mix: Proud = Shield

Does that sound reasonable? Sword for Beginner would probably make it even easier, but it's good for the speed run and no equipment change trophies. And so far FM's Proud mode sounds like you need the extra defense and early access to defensive abilities like Guard and Second Chance just to stay in the game.

Top Bottom