• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Final Mix: Beginner = Sword
Final Mix = Staff
Final Mix: Proud = Shield

Does that sound reasonable? Sword for Beginner would probably make it even easier, but it's good for the speed run and no equipment change trophies. And so far FM's Proud mode sounds like you need the extra defense and early access to defensive abilities like Guard and Second Chance just to stay in the game.

Sounds reasonable but I would still recommend:

Final Mix: Beginner= Staff
Final Mix= Staff
Final Mix: Proud= Staff

#yolo #teamstaff

I went Shield with my beginner speedrun

lantus

What's the best method for beating anti-sora in Neverland? Towards the end when he teleports constantly he just wrecks my shit.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
What's the best method for beating anti-sora in Neverland? Towards the end when he teleports constantly he just wrecks my shit.
I didn't have any trouble with him since he has such wide openings. I jump on the bed and roll as my safe haven when looking for opportune moments to attack.

Keep aero on you when the latter part of the fight begins. Stock up on ethers and give them for Donald+Goofy too. You might want to customize so Donald doesn't cast offensive spells on this boss.

IIRC after you land a successful combo on him he dissappears. After that he always teleports to you and does a spinny attack. Just dodge roll from that, don't try to attack before he has done it.

I dunno really what else to say. I remember having problems with him as a kid but no problems whatsoever in my HD playthru.

Soriku

What time does TGS open up today? Hurry up and announce 2.5 goddamn. I don't wanna wait till D23/Jump Festa/whatever to see it.

Completed my beginner speedrun/no continues/start equipment run. Fuck my thumb is sore from mashing X in the final battles. Took around 7,5-8 hours or so.

Carbonox

Grinded a bit against the Ice Titan. I'm now level 71. Gonna go grind for synthesis shit now for a bit I reckon.

Also thought fuck it and went to see what the fuss is about with the new boss added to Final Mix - Unknown (who I guess is
Xemnas
?). He was soooooo much fun to fight. Beat him though - Counterattack/Combo Master are godly.

Just makes me even more excited to see a KH2.5 Remix. plssqueenixpls announce it at TGS.

btw I'm trying to understand something in terms of Xehanort's role in the franchise. Just so it's clear, is Xehanort
Terra? i.e. Master Xehanort (who I guess is OG Xehanort) puts his heart in to Terra who turns in Terra-Xehanort (and loses memories?) who then turns in to Xehanort and a protege to Ansem the Wise, before splitting in to Ansem (fake) and Xemnas
?

I NEED to play BBS. Not getting a PSP so will have to suck it up and cross fingers for it in KH2.5 but damn does it sound so relevant to the past, present and future.

Completed my beginner speedrun/no continues/start equipment run. Fuck my thumb is sore from mashing X in the final battles. Took around 7,5-8 hours or so.

Yeah I finished mine earlier too. God damn it gets a bit rough in the latter stages due to the Kingdom Key's weak stats. :lol

The FEEEEEELZ of equipping the good shit after the run was done. The slaughtering felt amazing.

Whats the best way to grind stormy stones? Neoshadows never seem to want to show up for me. Also I worked it out that you need to synthesis 4 dark matter total for the Ultima weapon (1 mandatory synth + 3 for the weapon itself). Is that right?

Whats the best way to grind stormy stones? Neoshadows never seem to want to show up for me. Also I worked it out that you need to synthesis 4 dark matter total for the Ultima weapon (1 mandatory synth + 3 for the weapon itself). Is that right?
After you have encountered neoshadows go to the savepoint, leave the world and re-enter. Supposedly that would reset the chances of getting them to spawn.

Some treasure chests have dark matter too. Dunno how many are neccessary to synth.

If you are doing it with encounter plus and just running back and forth between two rooms after you have killed em you are doing it wrong (same for all rare spawn heartless.) You'll want to go 2 rooms away and come back and start the back n forth.

McNum

So, if you get spotted by Sniperwilds, can you actually win that fight or do you have to retreat? Those things just kept on coming. Of course, thanks to Tinker Bell, they couldn't do much more than be annoying since she heals faster than they hurt, but after fighting them for a while, and noticing I didn't even build MP off them, I figured that what I was supposed to do was run away. Or does summoning Tinker Bell reduce your ability to build MP now?

I just got Glide, so it's time to revisit some worlds and grab the previously out of reach stuff. I don't believe I need Superglide for anything, do I? It's just a faster glide. Any items I really should get before going to Hollow Bastion? I mean there's the Hercules Cup at the arena, as well as running the solo and time trials of the Phil and Pegasus Cups. Gotta do those before beating Hollow Bastion. Not looking forward to time trail against Leon and Yuffie. Especially Yuffie, she's hard to catch.

Also, when is it I begin to benefit from the dusk leveling speed? Sora just hit 41 so it should kick in soon, right?

After you have encountered neoshadows go to the savepoint, leave the world and re-enter. Supposedly that would reset the chances of getting them to spawn.

Some treasure chests have dark matter too. Dunno how many are neccessary to synth.

If you are doing it with encounter plus and just running back and forth between two rooms after you have killed em you are doing it wrong (same for all rare spawn heartless.) You'll want to go 2 rooms away and come back and start the back n forth.

Thanks for the tips. I've been going two rooms away for all the others, but for the neoshadows I was going into the save room then the neoshadow room etc. etc.

Hmmm... I need a plan for the gummi ship things.

Initially, I thought that I would just do it on Beginner, but since that file was my Speedrun / Unchanging Armor file, I barely killed anything and I need 5000 kills to get Gepetto's Blueprints. I was able to get all of those easily on my 100% Proud Mode file, but I have a feeling that it will be significantly harder to do the Gummi Ship Missions on Proud than it would have been on Beginner.

Are the Gummi Missions doable on Proud? I have literally ignored them since I started playing this series almost a decade ago lol

I'm honestly a little embarrassed by how much I'm dying on my Proud playthrough, lol. I've replayed this game so many times, but it still gets me sometimes.

Also thought fuck it and went to see what the fuss is about with the new boss added to Final Mix - Unknown (who I guess is
Xemnas
?). He was soooooo much fun to fight. Beat him though - Counterattack/Combo Master are godly.

btw I'm trying to understand something in terms of Xehanort's role in the franchise. Just so it's clear, is Xehanort
Terra? i.e. Master Xehanort (who I guess is OG Xehanort) puts his heart in to Terra who turns in Terra-Xehanort (and loses memories?) who then turns in to Xehanort and a protege to Ansem the Wise, before splitting in to Ansem (fake) and Xemnas
?

I NEED to play BBS. Not getting a PSP so will have to suck it up and cross fingers for it in KH2.5 but damn does it sound so relevant to the past, present and future.

Yeah, Unknown is
Xemnas
. I haven't tried that fight yet - I'm looking forward t it!

And as far as the role and order of events for Xehanort goes, yeah, you've got it right. It's really confusing, but that's basically it in a nutshell. Just to fill in some of the Birth by Sleep details about this for you:
After Aqua defeats Terra-Xehanort in Birth by Sleep's real final battle, he loses his memories, and it is at that point that Ansem the Wise discovers him passed out in Radiant Garden and takes him under his wing. Then through what appears to be coincidence but obviously isn't, amnesiac Xehanort becomes interested in studying the heart, which leads to his experiments on the Heartless, which ends in him becoming a Heartless himself and stealing Ansem the Wise's identity to become Ansem, Seeker of Darkness. At that time Xemnas is obviously also created, and ultimately all of this eventually serves Xehanort's ultimate plan as described in Dream Drop Distance, which is to gather 13 versions of himself to combat the seven bearers of light and create the X-Blade (I don't know how to make that special symbol, heh). It also appears that Terra's spirit was at one point fighting Master Xehanort's for control of his body, though how that's currently going down is kind of unclear; Master Xehanort has now revived due to Ansem SoD and Xemnas' defeats, and where Terra's body even is at this point hasn't been explained.

Gila

I'm not gaining xp from destiny island from any person I fight. I fought each person once and gained xp but the second time around I'm not getting anything?

Is it just for me? Or did they remove leveling here?

lol, I'm going back through to get trinities before I finish Hollow Bastion and I get here and I'm trying to figure out why it won't activate...
then I realize it's 'cause I already used it, but it's still there.

Has it always been like that?

sTNLzMU.jpg

Seda

lol, I'm going back through to get trinities before I finish Hollow Bastion and I get here and I'm trying to figure out why it won't activate...
then I realize it's 'cause I already used it, but it's still there.

Has it always been like that?

Yes this happened to me too. I activated the trinity before the manor was destroyed, but it shows up still. Doesn't effect journal completion though.

Holmes

So, if you get spotted by Sniperwilds, can you actually win that fight or do you have to retreat? Those things just kept on coming. Of course, thanks to Tinker Bell, they couldn't do much more than be annoying since she heals faster than they hurt, but after fighting them for a while, and noticing I didn't even build MP off them, I figured that what I was supposed to do was run away. Or does summoning Tinker Bell reduce your ability to build MP now?

I just got Glide, so it's time to revisit some worlds and grab the previously out of reach stuff. I don't believe I need Superglide for anything, do I? It's just a faster glide. Any items I really should get before going to Hollow Bastion? I mean there's the Hercules Cup at the arena, as well as running the solo and time trials of the Phil and Pegasus Cups. Gotta do those before beating Hollow Bastion. Not looking forward to time trail against Leon and Yuffie. Especially Yuffie, she's hard to catch.

Also, when is it I begin to benefit from the dusk leveling speed? Sora just hit 41 so it should kick in soon, right?
If you get spotted by Sniper Wilds, you can't get any of their item drops anymore. Just leave.

41 is about when it starts to take the same amount of EXP to level up between dawn and dusk. Maybe after level 50 is when it starts to noticeably take less EXP to level up. Maybe even a bit before that.

Hmmm... I need a plan for the gummi ship things.

Initially, I thought that I would just do it on Beginner, but since that file was my Speedrun / Unchanging Armor file, I barely killed anything and I need 5000 kills to get Gepetto's Blueprints. I was able to get all of those easily on my 100% Proud Mode file, but I have a feeling that it will be significantly harder to do the Gummi Ship Missions on Proud than it would have been on Beginner.

Are the Gummi Missions doable on Proud? I have literally ignored them since I started playing this series almost a decade ago lol
Well I did em obän proud. There are a few tricky ones but nothing too hard imo.

Carbonox

100 Acre Wood is such a riot...

I forgot how much Winnie the Pooh needs urgent help for his honey addiction. He acts like a lifelong alcoholic, mental problems and all.

Currently going after all the Trinity symbols and Dalmations. Bit of a pain this part.

Btw what's the recommended level for Kurt Zisa? I want to tackle him next and I'm level 73 atm, one-shotting every regular enemy just about (barring things like Defenders and Invisibles). Ice Titan and Unknown were easy so I'm thinking I should be in a good place for this.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
This is the first time I'm playing CoM since I tried it for 30 minutes when the GBA game first came out. I'm really liking it so far. I see that I've wasted a couple of my early upgrades on CP (not really wasted but I should've picked HP instead for now) because I wasn't sure what it did but now I see what it's for when I went to edit my deck. I'm at 286/350 so I guess I can wait to add more CP once I get closer to my current limit. Is there anything else I should know while playing this?

Btw what's the recommended level for Kurt Zisa? I want to tackle him next and I'm level 73 atm, one-shotting every regular enemy just about (barring things like Defenders and Invisibles). Ice Titan and Unknown were easy so I'm thinking I should be in a good place for this.
Any level is fine as long as you have plenty of MP, Aeroga, Leaf Bracer and don't forget to call Tinker Bell as soon as the fight starts.

This is the first time I'm playing CoM since I tried it for 30 minutes when the GBA game first came out. I'm really liking it so far. I see that I've wasted a couple of my early upgrades on CP (not really wasted but I should've picked HP instead for now) because I wasn't sure what it did but now I see what it's for when I went to edit my deck. I'm at 286/350 so I guess I can wait to add more CP once I get closer to my current limit. Is there anything else I should know while playing this?
Save at least one map card of each color and number.
Save all your high numbered cards or the joker.

Atruvius

Just beat Hades Cup and Ice Titan. I remember my friend and me having great difficulties trying to beat Hades but now I managed to beat him in my first try, Ice Titan as well.

I'm level 58 right now. Am I high enough level to take on the final boss or should I level some more? Playing on proud.

Betty

Banned
Just beat Hades Cup and Ice Titan. I remember my friend and me having great difficulties trying to beat Hades but now I managed to beat him in my first try, Ice Titan as well.

I'm level 58 right now. Am I high enough level to take on the final boss or should I level some more? Playing on proud.

I would say yes, but I'd recommend getting the upgraded Curaga from Aerith in Hollow Bastion and the upgraded Aerora in Neverland first.

Carbonox

Man Kurt Zisa was so easy.

Gonna go after Phantom next. I never beat him in vanilla version but Sora is so OP now that I won't have any issues against him this time.

The real test will be Sephiroth.

Carbonox

Fuck those Black Ballades. Can't make out properly where the real one is after 2/3 goes in. Either it's too quick or I can't see properly cos I can't adjust the camera to a comfortable place (or those dickheads D&G are in the damn way - why the fuck can't we just play the game solo after completion as some extra unlockable option? would make things so much easier in certain ways).

In other news, Phantom was a pushover too. Despite being confident in all of these fights and winning quite easily, I'm still shit scared of Sephiroth.

I just beat the Hercules cup last night. Man, Cloud was a bitch to beat and Hercules was a huge pushover. Currently, I'm at 41 and just got to Hollow Bastion. I wanted to try and beat KH1 three times for the Platinum before the disc release of Wind Waker HD, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

Carbonox

Are those Pink Agaricus enemies the only ones you can get the Serenity Power from? I bloody hope not...

What's the drop rate like with those?

Are those Pink Agaricus enemies the only ones you can get the Serenity Power from? I bloody hope not...

What's the drop rate like with those?

Yes. Drop rate increases with more hits. It isn't that bad at all IMO. Are you getting 60+ or so hits on it? (tech points).

Finished Days. Oh god it's bad. I'm not the biggest fan exactly of the game but I'll take the DS game over this ''movie'' (and I use this term extremely loosely) any day.

Started Re:CoM too. Such a silly game.

Finalow

ok, just started it. last time I finished KH1 was 5-6 years ago, I think.
never played the other two games, how long are they?

Carbonox

Beat Sephiroth first time in like 5 minutes, hah. Well chuffed with that.

When dat theme started playing... Memories and awesomesauce right there. I had chills. One Winged Angel has always been my favourite boss theme of anyone.

Anyway where are frost gems? One site says the white mushrooms but they give me nothing but mystery goo and blizzard arts.

Beat Sephiroth first time in like 5 minutes, hah. Well chuffed with that.

When dat theme started playing... Memories and awesomesauce right there. I had chills. One Winged Angel has always been my favourite boss theme of anyone.

Anyway where are frost gems? One site says the white mushrooms but they give me nothing but mystery goo and blizzard arts.

Equip Cheer for all 3 party members. Go to Wonderland, summon Bambi and start killing people. I think I did it at the forest but where ever there is a lot of heartless will do fine.

Frost Gems also drop from Atlantica heartless. And indeed White Mushrooms if you cast blizzard 3 times.

Carbonox

Equip Cheer for all 3 party members. Go to Wonderland, summon Bambi and start killing people. I think I did it at the forest but where ever there is a lot of heartless will do fine.

Frost Gems also drop from Atlantica heartless. And indeed White Mushrooms if you cast blizzard 3 times.

I farmed so many white mushrooms to no avail, went to Atlantica and after killing 3 jellyfish heartless I got my gem. Funny universe.

D'oh, now I need a bunch more. gdi

McNum

So, when is the best time to go pick up treasure and trinities in the worlds? I know you don't get White until after the first fight against Riku in hollow Bastion, so is that it? Teleport out of HB after than and do as many sidequests as possible at that point? I'd like to get at least the Coliseum fights over with before the enemy upgrade.

Top Bottom