• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Definately not oneshot but I think I could do it with rapid firing 4 firagas. You can also run away, use cottage for MP and come closer again if you need more MP.

I'm trying to use Fira instead (trying to get the requisite five Power Goos before fighting Riku II, since the Sniperwild stats go up more than enough to compensate for Firaga's additional damage, IIRC). But god it's so frustrating. I usually get spotted by the first group of three.

Where did you usually choose to hang out/hide from them?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Alright, I want to apologizes for me to asking this question since it might be off the topic but I asked in other thread but no one answered my question.

Is Square-Enix going to have any more events to host or are they done? Since I would like to see if they are going to announce Kingdom Heart 2.5 HD.

Soriku

Alright, I want to apologizes for me to asking this question since it might be off the topic but I asked in other thread but no one answered my question.

Is Square-Enix going to have any more events to host or are they done? Since I would like to see if they are going to announce Kingdom Heart 2.5 HD.

They have...something on Sunday. We'll see :x

I'm trying to use Fira instead (trying to get the requisite five Power Goos before fighting Riku II, since the Sniperwild stats go up more than enough to compensate for Firaga's additional damage, IIRC). But god it's so frustrating. I usually get spotted by the first group of three.

Where did you usually choose to hang out/hide from them?
Behind the corner that leads to the dalmatian house IIRC.

Not the same thing of course but last year they already had announced 1.5 at this point. I guess we will probably be waiting till next months D23.

Seda

rSefAbt.png

Now time to throw on Days for a few hours.

Holmes

Fuck off Riku II. Again. This time on Proud. There is no opening when he's down to green. Just spamming his attacks.

edit: Complaining on a message board to win strategy working like a charm. <3

Carbonox

Fuck off Riku II. Again. This time on Proud. There is no opening when he's down to green. Just spamming his attacks.

Do you have Leaf Bracer and Second Chance? I can imagine it being a nightmare without those but with them I was able to wail on him, let him hit me, cure without worrying, rinse and repeat.

Edit: i see your edit and raise you an edit - congrats on the victory.

Holmes

Do you have Leaf Bracer and Second Chance? I can imagine it being a nightmare without those but with them I was able to wail on him, let him hit me, cure without worrying, rinse and repeat.

Edit: i see your edit and raise you an edit - congrats on the victory.
Yeah, I couldn't imagine going through that without those skills. Counterattack was also good on the offchances that I parried his attack. It seemed like the second time, he opened himself up more for attack during the last phase.

Should be smooth sailing from here on out, I think. Sora has already surpassed Goofy's level as well (#TeamDusk) and going for dat Divine Rose asap.

Carbonox

Ansem's final form can be a bit of a dick but otherwise yeah, with a bit of patience it's a simple ride. The challenge is actually in the form of the basic enemies in End of the World. You get slammed so fucking hard from all angles sometimes that it can be very daunting and challenging.

Is it entirely possible that SE don't announce 2.5 HD blaming disappointing 1.5 sales?

Do we have anything on sales yet?

They have had people working on it for a long time now plus the collection already passed 200k in Japan and it has charted good in UK+Ger.

Well of course I dunno how crazy their expectations for a HD collection is.

Kassu

Banned
I just defeated Sephiroth and other secret bosses for the first time ever (never managed to beat any of them when I was a kid) and also got Ultima Weapon. Quite rewarding after 45 hours at least.

I also really liked the secret bosses, specifically Phantom was surprisingly good one and probably one of my favourite boss fights ever. It actually made you think things (clock tower) outside the battle itself, which was really interesting and I would like to see something more like that instead of just evading attacks and fighting back.

Mysterious Man was also a great fight, but then Kurt Zisa was maybe a bit too easy for secret boss and Sephiroth was just cheap.

Also Sniper Wild and Pink Agaricus are worst enemies ever created.

McNum

I'm about to lose my fucking mind in Monstro. Can someone tell me what to do once I beat the boss in bowels and get high jump?
Use High Jump to get to the opening above the opening you used the first time to access the chambers. It should take you to the throat area, if i remember right. You'll have to climb the wreckage to get there, I believe.

I'm about to lose my fucking mind in Monstro. Can someone tell me what to do once I beat the boss in bowels and get high jump?

Use High Jump to get to the opening above the opening you used the first time to access the chambers. It should take you to the throat area, if i remember right. You'll have to climb the wreckage to get there, I believe.

Make sure to save before you do, though. You're going to take on two boss fights in the throat area, and the second one can be really hard and pretty cheap on Proud.

Seda

Just watched the 358/2 Days cutscene. Just like the game, the first half to 2/3rds of The thing really drag on. The later parts are somewhat interesting, although just the existence of Xion messes things up in the first place. I think it's fine to watch this before KH2, new players just might be confused about Nobodies a little and some of the Organization members who don't have many lines.

I think the most interesting parts of Days, and a fair bit of Re:CoM, is Axel. Spoilers to be safe:
Trying to decipher his motives and loyalties is more interesting than Roxas and Xion's plights with Sora's memories. Riku's actions in these interquels is also much more interesting to me, even if at this point he's acting just as a sort of errand boy for DiZ.

I do have one question that's not directly related to these interquels. Do we know /when/ exactly Riku is able to call his own keyblade? We know he /can/ wield one because of Terra's ritual, and we also know that the keyblade meant for him originally ultimately went to Sora - this might be further explained in later entries too of course, and Ventus being inside Sora might have something to do with that as well. But sometime between Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 (perhaps sometime into KH2), Riku gets his own keyblade, rather than just using his 'Soul Eater' sword, do we know exactly when and exactly how?

I also have to say, McCartney does a great job with his Roxas performances. I know others have shared this sentiment; he really nails the role.

PK Gaming

Just watched the 358/2 Days cutscene. Just like the game, the first half to 2/3rds of The thing really drag on. The later parts are somewhat interesting, although just the existence of Xion messes things up in the first place. I think it's fine to watch this before KH2, new players just might be confused about Nobodies a little and some of the Organization members who don't have many lines.

I think the most interesting parts of Days, and a fair bit of Re:CoM, is Axel. Spoilers to be safe:
Trying to decipher his motives and loyalties is more interesting than Roxas and Xion's plights with Sora's memories. Riku's actions in these interquels is also much more interesting to me, even if at this point he's acting just as a sort of errand boy for DiZ.

I do have one question that's not directly related to these interquels. Do we know /when/ exactly Riku is able to call his own keyblade? We know he /can/ wield one because of Terra's ritual, and we also know that the keyblade meant for him originally ultimately went to Sora - this might be further explained in later entries too of course, and Ventus being inside Sora might have something to do with that as well. But sometime between Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, Riku get's his own keyblade, rather than just using his 'Soul Eater' sword, do we know exactly when and exactly how?

I also have to say, McCartney does a great job with his Roxas performances. I know others have shared this sentiment; he really nails the role.

We don't exactly know when receives it, but it can be inferred that Riku gets his WayToTheDawn before arriving to TheWorldThatNeverWas(when he starts using WTTD), but after China (2nd visit the last time he's seen using Soul Eater).

Nomura claims that Soul Eater transformed into the WTTD, but doesn't give particular reason for it. Source

Christopher

I only played Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 and kinda pieced together the story myself from CoM of what happened. It kind of "ended" for me with the Kingdom Hearts 2 standard ending...

However, it looks like Birth of Sleep looks like something you MUST play to at least maybe try to attempt to grasp what the story has become.

Seda

We don't exactly know when receives it, but it can be inferred that Riku gets his WayToTheDawn before arriving to TheWorldThatNeverWas(when he starts using WTTD), but after China (2nd visit the last time he's seen using Soul Eater).

Nomura claims that Soul Eater transformed into the WTTD, but doesn't give particular reason for it. Source

'ppreciate it.

Bukana

How many of these do I need to collect?
-Fury Stone
-Power Stone
-Energy Stone
-Blazing Stone
-Frost Stone
-Lightning Stone
-Dazzling Stone
-Serenity Power
-Mythril Stone
-Stormy Stone

Just beat Sora's story in CoM. The Disney worlds really dragged on. I wouldn't be able to finish the game if it didn't let me skip all the cutscenes in the Disney worlds.

Marluxia is so awesome.
He has some really cool designs in his attacks/moves in all three of his forms. Too bad he was a bit too easy to beat.

Lord of the Castle is definitely one of the best tracks in the entire series.

Jeels

So, if you get spotted by Sniperwilds, can you actually win that fight or do you have to retreat? Those things just kept on coming. Of course, thanks to Tinker Bell, they couldn't do much more than be annoying since she heals faster than they hurt, but after fighting them for a while, and noticing I didn't even build MP off them, I figured that what I was supposed to do was run away. Or does summoning Tinker Bell reduce your ability to build MP now?

I just got Glide, so it's time to revisit some worlds and grab the previously out of reach stuff. I don't believe I need Superglide for anything, do I? It's just a faster glide. Any items I really should get before going to Hollow Bastion? I mean there's the Hercules Cup at the arena, as well as running the solo and time trials of the Phil and Pegasus Cups. Gotta do those before beating Hollow Bastion. Not looking forward to time trail against Leon and Yuffie. Especially Yuffie, she's hard to catch.

Also, when is it I begin to benefit from the dusk leveling speed? Sora just hit 41 so it should kick in soon, right?

I'm not sure if you can win or not, but there's no point, as they will cease giving exp and items.

Don't need superglide, but it might come in use during optional bosses?

Sorry those are the only two I know. :x

Also, I find sniper wilds to be pretty easy at a high enough level. It's the pink thing that kills me. I still need to create the ribbon...

Atruvius

It is supposed to be floating there. It's badass.

Oh, that explains it then. At level 58 the last boss wasn't any challenge at all. All the bosses felt harder when I played the game as a kid because I never used aero or customize Donald and Goofy's behaviour.

Played 20 minutes of CoM. That game doesn't seem too interesting and I don't really like the card system. Don't know if I'll finish it.

Toki767

Oh, that explains it then. At level 58 the last boss wasn't any challenge at all. All the bosses felt harder when I played the game as a kid because I never used aero or customize Donald and Goofy's behaviour.

Played 20 minutes of CoM. That game doesn't seem too interesting and I don't really like the card system. Don't know if I'll finish it.

Haha. Same. When this game originally came out, I had no idea Aero/Aerora/Aeroga were so useful.

I just finished Final Mix. I'm really debating hard about whether I even want to play Re: Chain of Memories. I've never played it but everyone seems to hate it. Thinking I might just play it on Easy to see the story, though I hear Easy is equivalent to Normal on other games.

Groof

For some reason I had a hell of a lot of trouble with the Cave of Wonders head in Agrabah last night. Took me several tries to beat him... dunno if I should chalk that one up to my own impatience/aggressiveness or me just being a bad player. Either way, hoping Jafar won't pose as much trouble.

Finalow

rSefAbt.png

Now time to throw on Days for a few hours.
how long did it take?

anyhow I'm in deep jungle, I think I'm pretty underlevelled since Tarzan is like 5 levels above me. also it's really annoying having no clue of where you have to go or what you have to do, I was thinking to don't use a guide, but since I already wasted a lot of time going around trying to find the right random place where the cutscene activates I guess I'm going to use one.

Got two more missions done: EotW 3 and Atlantica 1.

I think I'll just leave the last two for the final trophy. Maybe I'll be more motivated if I'm only one trophy away from the platinum...

For some reason I had a hell of a lot of trouble with the Cave of Wonders head in Agrabah last night. Took me several tries to beat him... dunno if I should chalk that one up to my own impatience/aggressiveness or me just being a bad player. Either way, hoping Jafar won't pose as much trouble.

Jafar is super easy.

Shame really since you'd think fuckin Jafar would pose a challenge.

Hedge

For some reason, the game seems a bit harder than I remember.

Have they buffed enemies health, or am I just a worse player? xD

For some reason, the game seems a bit harder than I remember.

Have they buffed enemies health, or am I just a worse player? xD

Final Mix normal is lil harder than original normal. Final Mix proud is harder than original Expert. Final Mix beginner is way easier than original normal.

Also they nerfed some abilities like MP Rage but they added for example Leaf Bracer that is insanely good.

Good to know. Also all this Aero talk reminds me I need to map it to one of the three shortcuts.

Also, Cave of Wonders is revisitable, right?
ies

Man Genie is such a troll. Jafar totally wasted his second wish.

McNum

I don't suppose there's a Combo Minus skill in the game? Since most of Sora's damage comes from Ripple Drive in my game, it'd be nice to need fewer hits to get it.

Also, is it just me, or has building up MP become harder all of a sudden? Used to get a good chunk of the yellow bar built up on hit, now it's just a few pixels. And I checked, MP Haste is active. Just seems odd. Ah, well, one more level and Sora gets MP Rage. That should help either way.

McNum

Nope. KHII was the first to introduce that ability.
Aw. It's a funny ability, really. It seems so useless on first glance until you take a moment to think what it really means to need one less hit for a finisher.

Just to be sure, once you go to Hollow Bastion, can you Gummi Ship out after the first Riku fight? It would be the best time to get a lot of the side stuff done, I'd think since White Trinity unlocks a nice keyblade.

Seda

Aw. It's a funny ability, really. It seems so useless on first glance until you take a moment to think what it really means to need one less hit for a finisher.

Just to be sure, once you go to Hollow Bastion, can you Gummi Ship out after the first Riku fight? It would be the best time to get a lot of the side stuff done, I'd think since White Trinity unlocks a nice keyblade.

Yeah you can leave Hollow Bastion. Since I like to use Staff, I like to leave to grab Lady Luck, which is much stronger than Spellbinder.

LOL, I remember there was a weapon that had that ability built in. So if you equipped it and combo minus together, all your attacks would be finishers.

Just ordered the game so should get here next week. It's going to be interesting to play it again.

Top Bottom