• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Betty

Banned
Hallelujah
lnlq.png

Man, this game sure got downright cruel in some places with the trophy requirements, and some of those gummy ship missions are just pure rage inducing.

Holmes

Oh Seda, congrats on the platinum. Just saw it now. You too Betty.

Beat my Proud playthrough. Total curative spells used on friend: 0. Oops.

botty

Banned
Hallelujah
lnlq.png

Man, this game sure got downright cruel in some places with the trophy requirements, and some of those gummy ship missions are just pure rage inducing.

Well done! I had to take a break from KH to play GTAV, but I'll be back to platinum this bad boy soon.

Um... are we counting platinuming Chain of Struggles as part of the experience or can I just avoid that entirely and still be accepted into the club?

Groof

How difficult is a speed run and no equipment change run in one go? If played on Beginner that is.
Also, does the equipment cover all equipment/characters or just Keyblades/Sora?

Carbonox

How difficult is a speed run and no equipment change run in one go? If played on Beginner that is.
Also, does the equipment cover all equipment/characters or just Keyblades/Sora?

Easy if you do it on Beginner mode. Though it can get a bit annoying at the end as you'll feel the lack of Keyblade strength and some enemies can be a pain.

It covers all equipment. Basically, don't ever touch the equipment menu.

I beat the game on Beginner in under 7 hours.

Finally started this tonight.

I don't remember the 3 on 1 fight on the island being so tough, got to level 6 from tech points just from retrying it over and over. I won in the end though.

Groof

Giga easy.

All equipment.

Easy if you do it on Beginner mode. Though it can get a bit annoying at the end as you'll feel the lack of Keyblade strength and some enemies can be a pain.

It covers all equipment. Basically, don't ever touch the equipment menu.

I beat the game on Beginner in under 7 hours.

Sweet, thanks for clearing that up guys! Any other trophies I should throw in on the same run? Just so I can plan ahead, beating Proud will take some time if I keep playing at the same rate I am now...
Also Staff still recommended for speed run?

Holmes

Sweet, thanks for clearing that up guys! Any other trophies I should throw in on the same run? Just so I can plan ahead, beating Proud will take some time if I keep playing at the same rate I am now...
I think Staff can work well for a Beginner speedrun. But to be honest, if you're not going 100% on the playthrough, just choose Shield or Sword and brute force it. Especially since the End of the World can be a bit of a pain.

Absolutely not. You're going to need all the strength you can get. Go with the Sword. Its great in the short term, so the abilities it gets are much more helpful than the Staff on a Speedrun. Its the worst as far as long term and stats at the end game go, but that's irrelevant on a 7 hours speedrun where you need as much offense as possible to keep the Hollow Bastion and EOTW battles from dragging on for hours.

Groof

I think Staff can work well for a Beginner speedrun. But to be honest, if you're not going 100% on the playthrough, just choose Shield or Sword and brute force it. Especially since the End of the World can be a bit of a pain.

Absolutely not. You're going to need all the strength you can get. Go with the Sword. Its great in the short term, so the abilities it gets are much more helpful than the Staff on a Speedrun. Its the worst as far as long term and stats at the end game go, but that's irrelevant on a 7 hours speedrun where you need as much offense as possible to keep the Hollow Bastion and EOTW battles from dragging on for hours.

Alright gotcha! I guess I'll go Sword and lose whatever. Thanks for the tips guys, looking forward to blasting through it later down the road!

McNum

Yeah you can leave Hollow Bastion. Since I like to use Staff, I like to leave to grab Lady Luck, which is much stronger than Spellbinder.
That's the plan, then. Go Beast it up in HB, beat the first Riku, get White Trinity, get Lady Luck, go beat up Hercules with it, get Yellow Trinity, then get as many things as possible after that. Then resume the story in progress at HB.

Started my last standard run. Blasted Wonderland and Deep Jungle. It definately feels more challenging than the beginner run even with equip change. I died at Trickmaster :lol. Maybe I should get a few levels instead of just blasting like crazy.

It's SUCH a shame they didn't make 4 shortcuts with the remaster. That would have made staff run a blast. Would enable putting more niche spells in there like stop or gravity.

Started my last standard run. Blasted Wonderland and Deep Jungle. It definately feels more challenging than the beginner run even with equip change. I died at Trickmaster :lol. Maybe I should get a few levels instead of just blasting like crazy.

It's SUCH a shame they didn't make 4 shortcuts with the remaster. That would have made staff run a blast. Would enable putting more niche spells in there like stop or gravity.

Eh, you know it'd likely end up being Aeroga, Curaga, Firaga, Thundaga. Those are pretty much the top toolkit of utility spells, IMO.

Agreed that it'd have been nice, though (also: item shortcuts would have been amazing).

Eh, you know it'd likely end up being Aeroga, Curaga, Firaga, Thundaga. Those are pretty much the top toolkit of utility spells, IMO.

Agreed that it'd have been nice, though (also: item shortcuts would have been amazing).

I very rarely put aero in shortcuts since it's easy to access from the menu (always on bottom, the choise is registered there after use) and it's never really that dire to get it fast like cure.

Jeels

So I've synthesized the three EXP increasing items. Hopefully they make leveling easier.

Is there anything stopping me from making multiple of each? How do those percentages stack? Is there a limit?

IE hypothetically, could I make every single accessory equipped by Sora, Donald, and Goofy an EXP increasing item?

How many are enough to level up to 99 relatively easy?

Thanks.

So I've synthesized the three EXP increasing items. Hopefully they make leveling easier.

Is there anything stopping me from making multiple of each? How do those percentages stack? Is there a limit?

IE hypothetically, could I make every single accessory equipped by Sora, Donald, and Goofy an EXP increasing item?

Thanks.
You can do that (in theory, you could have 3x90% increase, if Donald gets three accessory slots at any point, which I cannot remember). It would give you either 370% experience or 340%, depending on how many max accessory slots Donald gets.

However.

Taking the time to do that would be slower and way more tedious than just straight up power leveling, IMO.

Thanks.

100 is the max level. Honestly if you are going for 100% run it is very easy to get to lvl 100 without much grinding if you chose Dusk at the beginning. Even so 3 of them should be enough and you get one additional when you defeat Unknown secret boss.

If you plan on doing everything in the game I suggest just doing the basic Hades Cup, Hades Cup Solo, Ultima Weapon and you should be at least around 80 at this point. After that you get some levels from defeating the secret bosses too. After that you just grind the remaining levels from Hades Cup or Ice Titan (with tech boost+exp items). You will get a level every time you defeat him and it should only take some minutes to kill him.

Bottom line: you shouldn't worry about making additional Exp items since leveling is very easy in KH and most of it comes naturally if you do the side stuff.

Man, if Kingdom Hearts had a New Game+ that let you keep all of your equipment, all AP/Atk/Def boosts from items, and all abilities learned via story progress, I'd totally make all of those exp accessories and cheese the shit out of the game over and over and over again though.

Maybe it's good that it doesn't have that awesome feature.

Betty

Banned
Um... are we counting platinuming Chain of Struggles as part of the experience or can I just avoid that entirely and still be accepted into the club?

I'm not, as much as I like CoM, there's just no way I, nor anyone else should put themselves through that torture.

McNum

Can you do anything about Black Fungi turning to stone and becoming invincible? I was trying to Time Attack the Pegasus Cup, but these things turned invincible and ran out the clock. Does any kind of magic work on them or turn them back?

If not, this pretty much turns into a luck based mission.

Can you do anything about Black Fungi turning to stone and becoming invincible? I was trying to Time Attack the Pegasus Cup, but these things turned invincible and ran out the clock. Does any kind of magic work on them or turn them back?

If not, this pretty much turns into a luck based mission.

Graviga works wonders.

Carbonox

3 items left to synthesize before I can work on the ultimate weapons. Finally coming to an end.

Btw is the only way to get Dark Matter to synthesize it? I've pretty much found all the treasure-based ones...

Jeels

Holy smokes making white mushrooms spawn is near impossible. I've been at it for an hour.

The lame thing is when I don't want them they were always showing up.

Carbonox

Holy smokes making white mushrooms spawn is near impossible. I've been at it for an hour.

The lame thing is when I don't want them they were always showing up.

I never have any trouble getting them to appear. For item grinding, I always go to Deep Jungle and go in and out of the tent until they appear. Then go a few areas away, return and they'll be back. Rinse and repeat.

Jeels

I never have any trouble getting them to appear. For item grinding, I always go to Deep Jungle and go in and out of the tent until they appear. Then go a few areas away, return and they'll be back. Rinse and repeat.

I've been at it for over an hour and they haven't shown up. I've tried both going two areas away and one. It should be only one considering I have the ability that makes enemies respawn after you move out of an area. They just never show up.

McNum

Graviga works wonders.
Don't have that up to -ga level yet. I think it's only -ra. Still, I'll try using Gravity on them. I got up to Yuffie and Leon with 30 seconds left. Actually managed to take down Yuffie in that time, but... Leon has more HP.

I wonder if I should swap Aero for Gravity in the quickmenu. Aero is nice, but it's also always on the bottom of the magic menu, I think. So casting it is as easy as Down, X, Up, X, X. Maybe I should have another offensive spell ready to go instead.

Getting ready to go for Riku II. I wonder if I can take him. I've never beaten him without Second Chance before. But I didn't have Leaf Bracer either in the original, so... it's a toss-up. I remember how to dodge Dark Aura, at least. Level 44 Staff Sora. Will probably be 46-ish when I reach him.

Carbonox

I've been at it for over an hour and they haven't shown up. I've tried both going two areas away and one. It should be only one considering I have the ability that makes enemies respawn after you move out of an area. They just never show up.

That's very odd. Here's a list of all of them though in case there are some places you haven't tried:

http://www.khwiki.net/White_Mushroom

Deep Jungle and Wonderland are the places I grind in though.

Holmes

Wow. Just entered the Treehouse in Deep Jungle and jumped down right away... fell right into the Bamboo Thicket, right into the battle with Clayton. Didn't even know that was possible.

Best way to get them spawn: you don't need the encounter up, it won't help you with rare spawn heartless. Go out from the world and re-enter to the camp. Go in and out from the tent until they spawn. Once you kill them go 2 rooms away or re-enter the world again and start going in and out the tent again.

Rare spawn heartelss spawn rate is zero or at least very near zero if you defeat them and start going back and forth 2 rooms with encounter up. It only helps with normal enemies.

If you still have trouble I have had good luck with Agrabah Treasure Room spawn.

If you have trouble you might want to consider getting them from Black Fungus with Wishing Star keyblade. If you kill them with a critical hit you should always get Mystery Goo and Wishing Star always crits on the combo finisher. Just experiment how many hits you need and equip right amount of Combo Plus abilities.

Alright, White Mushrooms taken care of. :)

How do I get Mythril using Bambi? It seems to have the highest percentage.
Only way for you to do that is if you havent reached the final rest in the end of the world. If you haven't you can summon bambi in the massive heartless battle in the green room and kill enough heartless. You need to be high level for thus to work tho so you get enough kills before bambi disappears.

Jeels

Only way for you to do that is if you havent reached the final rest in the end of the world. If you haven't you can summon bambi in the massive heartless battle in the green room and kill enough heartless. You need to be high level for thus to work tho so you get enough kills before bambi disappears.

Yikes. Guess I'll have to synthesize then. That means more mystery goos. :(

Is there an easier way?

Andrefpvs

Wow. Just entered the Treehouse in Deep Jungle and jumped down right away... fell right into the Bamboo Thicket, right into the battle with Clayton. Didn't even know that was possible.

Where you land depends on which side of the Treehouse you fall from.

Top Bottom